NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I implore everyone to go back and read the 1st 6 pages of this thread. A WS poster, Jethro, has compiled some maps and possibilities of where CE's body may be found. (But this is some while back)

Here is a small summary:
Sat. July 6th

7:30pm CE left the home on O st. in Gering

7:49 is seen walking by a Dominos Pizza place

7:51 Last seen on video walking N. on 10th at Martha

8:45: Last time friends spoke with CE

The US National Weather issued severe thunderstorm warnings with Wind up to 60mph and penny size hail. A Flash Flood Warning was issued until 1:00 am, July 7. All in the area CE was.

9:00pm significant thunderstorm

10pm CE's phone last pinged in the area of Owl Rd just off the N. Platte River. All ditches empty into the N. Platte River.

The above are the reasons I feel he fell into the River. As hard as I try, I can't see how anyone tracked this young man down and purposely ran him over, picked up his body and took it back to Gering. All during flash floods, and a severe hail, wind, and thunderstorm.

While I can agree that CE’s friend may feel guilty for not coming to help his best friend, I don’t believe that he is pointing the finger at the in-laws nor do I believe he is searching for CE to displace his guilt. I know if I were in Matt’s position, I wouldn’t be able to help feeling bad but absolutely this is not his fault. Even if he had gotten in his car, came to Chance’s rescue, who is to say he would have arrived in time and/or before whatever happened to Chance took place. If my best friend went missing, I’d be helping to search because I love and care about them and because I want to see them home or see some closure for their family. In fact my best friend is considered family to me.

Maybe the wife is just young and innocent but in a case of a missing person, people are going to speculate no matter what. And when you do things to raise red flags, people do take note. I can agree with lawyering up, protecting your family, and knowing your constitutional rights. What pisses me off in this situation is Chance IS FAMILY, why are they not worried about protecting him? She married him, had a child with him...but when it came down to upholding the commitment made when entering a marriage and starting her own family, she failed Chance (MOO). She minimized the family argument during interviews, she appears to lack interest beyond financial, her story is weak IMO, her and her “family” are resistive to being cooperative with investigations. I cannot blame everything on her young age and ”immaturity“. And I agree it does make them look as if they are hiding something and not cooperating.

Personally, I don’t know what happened to CE. What I do fully believe is that he will not be found alive. I pray he is, but logically I can’t convince myself that he will be. Wife and in-laws may be completely innocent. Very possible. They may not be, also very plausible. But I do think it’s wrong to say that his best friend is only pointing the finger to hide his guilt. He is advocating for his best friend and whether leading searches helps him deal with any emotions he is having is irrelevant IMO.

While I can agree that CE’s friend may feel guilty for not coming to help his best friend, I don’t believe that he is pointing the finger at the in-laws nor do I believe he is searching for CE to displace his guilt. I know if I were in Matt’s position, I wouldn’t be able to help feeling bad but absolutely this is not his fault. Even if he had gotten in his car, came to Chance’s rescue, who is to say he would have arrived in time and/or before whatever happened to Chance took place. If my best friend went missing, I’d be helping to search because I love and care about them and because I want to see them home or see some closure for their family. In fact my best friend is considered family to me.

Maybe the wife is just young and innocent but in a case of a missing person, people are going to speculate no matter what. And when you do things to raise red flags, people do take note. I can agree with lawyering up, protecting your family, and knowing your constitutional rights. What pisses me off in this situation is Chance IS FAMILY, why are they not worried about protecting him? She married him, had a child with him...but when it came down to upholding the commitment made when entering a marriage and starting her own family, she failed Chance (MOO). She minimized the family argument during interviews, she appears to lack interest beyond financial, her story is weak IMO, her and her “family” are resistive to being cooperative with investigations. I cannot blame everything on her young age and ”immaturity“. And I agree it does make them look as if they are hiding something and not cooperating.

Personally, I don’t know what happened to CE. What I do fully believe is that he will not be found alive. I pray he is, but logically I can’t convince myself that he will be. Wife and in-laws may be completely innocent. Very possible. They may not be, also very plausible. But I do think it’s wrong to say that his best friend is only pointing the finger to hide his guilt. He is advocating for his best friend and whether leading searches helps him deal with any emotions he is having is irrelevant IMO.
BBM. She not only minimized it, she blamed Chance for over-reacting. Huge red flag, imo.

I dont think most of you understand how absurd the rain storm/river drowning theory is.

So much agree. Nebraska girl here. People don’t get “swept away” in ditches during storms. [not NE ones, anyway] MOO

But I do think it’s wrong to say that his best friend is only pointing the finger to hide his guilt. He is advocating for his best friend and whether leading searches helps him deal with any emotions he is having is irrelevant IMO
Totally agree.

And believe it or not, he knows his friend, and the others involved, much better than we do.

Totally agree.

And believe it or not, he knows his friend, and the others involved, much better than we do.
Sometimes it's a good thing not knowing anyone involved. It allows one to view things more objectively.

I have no agenda here.....only that I want CE to be found and IMO time is being wasted focusing on all that defies reason and logic.

IMO, no one is to blame for not picking CE up. It would have been a foolhardy mission and likely would have resulted in further tragedy.

It was a question. Are you theorizing...........

And I have to say , murder by in laws was inferred by the poster.

To those who think CE was murdered, how was it done and by whom and WHY?!!
I was simply implying that if you so broken up and concerned with finding your missing son-in-law, your ultimate goal would be to ensure all efforts are spent in the right direction. If your heart is truly set on finding this man, why would you drag your feet regarding a property search?
Anyway, I was only trying to offer insight, I HOPE he turns up in Mexico alive and well, and NO foul play was involved. Good luck to you all. I wasted my time here. ✌

I was simply implying that if you so broken up and concerned with finding your missing son-in-law, your ultimate goal would be to ensure all efforts are spent in the right direction. If your heart is truly set on finding this man, why would you drag your feet regarding a property search?
Anyway, I was only trying to offer insight, I HOPE he turns up in Mexico alive and well, and NO foul play was involved. Good luck to you all. I wasted my time here. ✌

You didn't waste your time. At all. We need your voice here and I wouldn't mind seeing you go through the process to be a verified insider. Don't sign out because someone disagrees with you. Debate (civil, that it) is a part of a think-tank group like this. Settle in, look around and get the lay of the land. I think you'll see that you need to stay.

Truth80 - hope you stay and get verified. Everyone here is theorizing, so you're definitely not wasting your time. I agree with you regarding the property search - I'd actually be pretty p****d off if my parents didn't let LE search their property for my missing husband - why decline access?

Sometimes it's a good thing not knowing anyone involved. It allows one to view things more objectively.

I have no agenda here.....only that I want CE to be found and IMO time is being wasted focusing on all that defies reason and logic.

IMO, no one is to blame for not picking CE up. It would have been a foolhardy mission and likely would have resulted in further tragedy.
No agenda here either but, his '' friend '' should be investigated as well so all bases are covered, I think that there is more to the story then we are being told. I too grew up in the mid-west and know all the dangers a torrential downpour and what can happen, we are taught that from a young age. Do I think CE fell in and got swept away? Umm, no I really don't, I could be wrong.

The thunderstorm could explain some of that time. I think we had two threads merged into one here and wasn't aware of the storm until I went back and re-read the thread. I've added that in:

Saturday, July 6

7:30 p.m. - CE left residence in the 400 block of O Street
7:51 p.m. - Seen on video walking northbound on 10th Street; the last video was at a business near Martha Road
8:45 p.m. - Last time friends or family members spoke to him
9-9:15 p.m. - Significant thunderstorm
10:00 p.m. - Phone pinged in the vicinity of Owl Road, south of the Western Travel Terminal convenience store
The thunderstorm could explain some of that time. I think we had two threads merged into one here and wasn't aware of the storm until I went back and re-read the thread. I've added that in:

I have a different timeline. Also added info.

July 6th Chance called Matt ( his friend that is doing multiple searching now, at 7:23 p.m. leaving the 700 Block of O st where the Bewleys lived(the grandparents) seems to be about 7:20 p.m. when he started walking.
Chance was first seen on security video walking by Domino's on 10th at 7:48 p.m.. The second security video he was seen on is Dooley's on 10th. the third video he was seen on was Watercraft on 10th and Martha Rd. which is West off of 10th. The fourth video was a ring doorbell video from a home on Terry Blvd and Stable Club Rd. This ring doorbell video was at 8:01 p.m. and the Weather craft video was at 7:51 p.m. The distance to walk from Weathercraft to the ring video is about half a mile, 10 minutes. Matt just gave the information about the Dooley's video showing Chance but there was no time for the video. Chance was last seen walking NW from 10th St. All times for the videos fit with him leaving the 700 Blk of O st at around 7:20 p.m.

Chances phone last pinged at River view Golf Course in Terrytown Ne and there is a 3 to 4 mile radius around that ping for where the phone may have been. His phone went dead around 10:00 p.m., different times have been given for when his phone went dead, anywhere from 9:15 to 11:00 p.m.. All of his sightings were in a 3 to 4 miles radius from River view golf course in Terrytown Ne.

His friend Matt, who is conducting searches at this time has verified all of this to be fact. The main stream media has not reported all of this info but hopefully you all can read this and know the facts before it may be taken off of this thread. Police gave Matt the info about the security footage etc because of him searching now. Matt is working off of a FB page called Lets Start with Chance if any of you want to take a look. In the Missing Chance group there is lots of information and Matt posts in that group too.

An absolutely ridiculous thing to ask for. There was an active search going on and she asks for a death certificate ? WTH? What is wrong with her.

Did someone point out to her how long she will have to wait to get one if his body is never found?
If there is not sufficient evidence that death has taken place, it normally takes seven years in many common law jurisdictions to get a pronouncement of death as simple absence does not necessarily prove death. The requirements for declaring an individual legally dead may vary depending on numerous details including:
  • The jurisdiction the individual lived in before death and the one where they are presumed to have died
  • Manner of death (murder, suicide, accident, etc).
  • The balance of probabilities that make it more likely than not that the individual is dead

If there is not sufficient evidence that death has taken place, it normally takes seven years in many common law jurisdictions to get a pronouncement of death as simple absence does not necessarily prove death. The requirements for declaring an individual legally dead may vary depending on numerous details including:
  • The jurisdiction the individual lived in before death and the one where they are presumed to have died
  • Manner of death (murder, suicide, accident, etc).
  • The balance of probabilities that make it more likely than not that the individual is dead
Nebraska is a little shorter - 5 years - but a court can decide earlier than that if a case is brought. For example, there was a case in 2013 where a 19 year-old that was believed to have been murdered was declared dead after only 3 years via court action.

Nebraska is a little shorter - 5 years - but a court can decide earlier than that if a case is brought. For example, there was a case in 2013 where a 19 year-old that was believed to have been murdered was declared dead after only 3 years via court action.

Don't forget the Mike Williams case in FL where he was declared dead in 6 months so his wife at the time could collect insurance...and 20 years later his best friend confessed to a plot with Mike's wife and revealed where his body was - they're both serving time now.

Don't forget the Mike Williams case in FL where he was declared dead in 6 months so his wife at the time could collect insurance...and 20 years later his best friend confessed to a plot with Mike's wife and revealed where his body was - they're both serving time now.
Yikes! When it comes to humans, it seems anything is possible.
In this particular case, I *speculate* in my amateur opinion, that the spouse believes he is dead because of the discussion that took place. I speculate that Chance was told something that might have been devastating to him. Mix devastating news + alcohol, and that will generally lead to tragedy.
I don't believe this is foul play, but then again just amateur opinion and speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard