NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEB 4, 2021
Ex-state Senator DiSanto issued stalking protection order against wife of missing man | Crime & Courts | rapidcityjournal.com
Former state Senator Lyndi DiSanto has been ordered not to contact the wife of a missing Wyoming man after a judge ruled she was stalking the woman.

[...]

Disanto’s “conduct constitutes stalking” under Wyoming law, the judge wrote the following month in a document granting a protection order lasting until June.

The judge said DiSanto must stop stalking, surveilling and trying to contact Baylee and her son. She must also stay away from Baylee’s home and workplace. Baylee is the wife of Chance Englebert who went missing July 6, 2019, in Gering, Nebraska.

[...]
Wow, that woman has too much time on her hands apparently.

It’s unclear exactly what transpired, but according to Chance’s friends, there was some type of misunderstanding or fight with his in-laws after a day of golfing and drinking, resulting in Chance telling Baylee he wanted to go home, and ultimately, walking away.

He called several friends and family to get a ride but wasn’t able to secure one immediately given the distance from home. Calls and texts to Chance’s phone went unanswered. The last correspondence sent from his phone was a text at 9:08 p.m. The text made no sense: just a bunch of numbers and emojis.
upload_2021-2-20_3-13-39.jpeg
His disappearance prompted multiple searches across 17 agencies and hundreds of volunteers, including divers searching the North Platte River as well as cadaver dogs, drones and searchers on horseback. Hundreds of tips turned up nothing, including a rumor that Baylee’s family might have been involved after it was reported they’d just poured fresh concrete.

“That was quickly debunked,” said Gering Police Department Investigator Brian Eads, who was with the Nebraska State Patrol at the time of Englebert’s disappearance but who has since joined the police department and has taken over the case.

“We don’t like to have unsolved cases,” Eads said, noting that he couldn’t comment about any current tips or speculations given that it’s an open case. “We’re still receiving calls about sightings and are looking into everything.”
Wyoming’s Missing People: Part I | County 17

Having read through this thread plus some of the open groups on FB, to me it seems (and this is 100% MOO), there were perhaps harsh words exchanged between C and B, along the lines of "go and never come back", "trust me, I won't", and that's why B felt so sure he would only return in a body bag. And why her behaviour might seem odd. There are stages of grief and anger is one of them. She in her interviews is obviously downplaying their issues but they are so young... I am 10 years older than she was when C went missing and I still feel so immature. To me she is a baby, with a baby. So her irrationality is more than understandable.
The red flags are there, but, I also saw the phone records and to me there was desperation in the unanswered calls. And then finally resignation. That he did what he threatened to do.

Chance Leslie Englebert – The Charley Project

Last updated March 30, 2021; distinguishing characteristics, clothing/jewelry description and details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
Englebert was last seen in Gering, Nebraska on July 6, 2019. He lived in Moorcroft, Wyoming with his wife and baby son, but that day they spent the day golfing in Gering with relatives. According to his wife, they went to her grandparents' house to pick some things up, but in the driveway, at 7:30 p.m., Englebert got out of the car and walked away. He never returned.

Englebert's wife last spoke to him at 7:46 p.m. He told her he was walking south, but he had also spoken to friends and said he was walking north toward Torrington, Wyoming. At 9:08 p.m., his phone sent a text that made no sense; it was just a series of numbers and emojis. Englebert did not normally use emojis and his mother thinks the text was sent by someone else. His cellular phone last pinged off a tower on County Road 19 near the Riverview Golf Course, just west of Scottsbluff, Nebraska. The phone was turned off shortly after his last contact.

A thunderstorm went through the area at 9:00 p.m. and Englebert's wife thought he had probably gone into a nearby building to shelter from the weather. Her grandfather went out looking for him but couldn't find him. He was seen on surveillance video walking alone at the intersection of Terry Boulevard and Stable Club Road in the Terrytown subdivision, at 10:00 p.m. the day. He has never been seen or heard from again.

It's uncharacteristic of Englebert to leave without warning and his wife doesn't believe he would have abandoned their baby. An extensive search turned up no indication of his whereabouts. His case remains unsolved.

• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A short-sleeved button-down Wrangler shirt, blue Wrangler jeans, a belt with an NRCA buckle, Roper boots and a black and white trucker cap.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Englebert has a scar on his hip.

Having read through this thread plus some of the open groups on FB, to me it seems (and this is 100% MOO), there were perhaps harsh words exchanged between C and B, along the lines of "go and never come back", "trust me, I won't", and that's why B felt so sure he would only return in a body bag. And why her behaviour might seem odd. There are stages of grief and anger is one of them. She in her interviews is obviously downplaying their issues but they are so young... I am 10 years older than she was when C went missing and I still feel so immature. To me she is a baby, with a baby. So her irrationality is more than understandable.
The red flags are there, but, I also saw the phone records and to me there was desperation in the unanswered calls. And then finally resignation. That he did what he threatened to do.
I agree there was some display of desperation in the unanswered calls... at first. However, the phone records show B made her very last call to C’s phone at 136am on the morning of July 8 - 30 hours after he “walked away” and 6 hours BEFORE the police began their search efforts. This fact indicates to me something changed in her level of desperation - and imo her knowledge of the situation at that point. MOO

I agree there was some display of desperation in the unanswered calls... at first. However, the phone records show B made her very last call to C’s phone at 136am on the morning of July 8 - 30 hours after he “walked away” and 6 hours BEFORE the police began their search efforts. This fact indicates to me something changed in her level of desperation - and imo her knowledge of the situation at that point. MOO
I am going to be in the Scottsbluff area next weekend. I havent been there for a while. I want to drive around these roads again to get some perspective. Some of the time-line and pings and video sittings just aren't making sense to me.

I am going to be in the Scottsbluff area next weekend. I havent been there for a while. I want to drive around these roads again to get some perspective. Some of the time-line and pings and video sittings just aren't making sense to me.
Would it be possible to take photographs and put them on the thread?

I don’t believe this has been posted yet:
Published on April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021 in News
“Hundreds of tips have turned up nothing, according to lead Brian Eads, an investigator with the Gering Police Department who was with the Nebraska State Highway Patrol at the time of Englebert’s disappearance.

Eads said tips continue to come in regularly.

Along with police efforts, several amateur and seasoned detectives have weighed in on podcasts, as did a Tarot card reader who said that Englebert is likely no longer alive and is buried in a field, killed by someone who held a grudge, is now paranoid about the situation and one day will snap.

Another detective familiar with the case who asked not to be identified endorsed the theory that the key to solving the mystery is finding that person.

‘Somebody’s conscience is bothering them,’ he said. ‘Identify that person and work on them.’

Eads did not comment on whether the department has identified any solid clues or persons of interest, saying the investigation is ongoing.

‘We are actively following up on tips and welcome any new ones,’ Eads told Cowboy State Daily on Thursday.”
Moorcroft Man's Disappearance Remains Mystery Nearly Two Years Later | Cowboy State Daily

I don’t believe this has been posted yet:
Published on April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021 in News
“Hundreds of tips have turned up nothing, according to lead Brian Eads, an investigator with the Gering Police Department who was with the Nebraska State Highway Patrol at the time of Englebert’s disappearance.

Eads said tips continue to come in regularly.

Along with police efforts, several amateur and seasoned detectives have weighed in on podcasts, as did a Tarot card reader who said that Englebert is likely no longer alive and is buried in a field, killed by someone who held a grudge, is now paranoid about the situation and one day will snap.

Another detective familiar with the case who asked not to be identified endorsed the theory that the key to solving the mystery is finding that person.

‘Somebody’s conscience is bothering them,’ he said. ‘Identify that person and work on them.’

Eads did not comment on whether the department has identified any solid clues or persons of interest, saying the investigation is ongoing.

‘We are actively following up on tips and welcome any new ones,’ Eads told Cowboy State Daily on Thursday.”
Moorcroft Man's Disappearance Remains Mystery Nearly Two Years Later | Cowboy State Daily

This case is so sad.
IMO, Tarot card readers, psychics and others prey on grieving family members who seek some sort of closure when a body is not located.

"Along with police efforts, several amateur and seasoned detectives have weighed in on podcasts, as did a Tarot card reader who said that Englebert is likely no longer alive and is buried in a field, killed by someone who held a grudge, is now paranoid about the situation and one day will snap.

“Somebody’s conscience is bothering them,” he said. “Identify that person and work on them.”

Theories that he might have fallen into the North Platte River during a storm on the night he disappeared are hard for his mom to believe.

Hundreds of tips have turned up nothing, according to lead Brian Eads, an investigator with the Gering Police Department who was with the Nebraska State Highway Patrol at the time of Englebert’s disappearance."

This case is so sad.
IMO, Tarot card readers, psychics and others prey on grieving family members who seek some sort of closure when a body is not located.

"Along with police efforts, several amateur and seasoned detectives have weighed in on podcasts, as did a Tarot card reader who said that Englebert is likely no longer alive and is buried in a field, killed by someone who held a grudge, is now paranoid about the situation and one day will snap.

“Somebody’s conscience is bothering them,” he said. “Identify that person and work on them.”

Theories that he might have fallen into the North Platte River during a storm on the night he disappeared are hard for his mom to believe.

Hundreds of tips have turned up nothing, according to lead Brian Eads, an investigator with the Gering Police Department who was with the Nebraska State Highway Patrol at the time of Englebert’s disappearance."

Not all tarot card readers or psychic mediums are greedy. It’s the psychic mediums that ask for money in these cases I have a huge problem with. They have a gift. Use it for the good of the family and not the good of your wallet.

Forgive me if I missed this info, but what kind of "disagreement" did Chance have with a family member when he walked off?

EPISODE 197: Chance Englebert — The Vanished Podcast

To answer the question: 17:10 Baylee speaks: The guys had decided they all wanted to go golfing: him, my brother, mom, my dad. So they all went to the golf course to drink a lot and have fun a lot and golf a lot. He called me. We were supposed to eat, meet my friends for dinner. He was in a super good mood so I drove out there and got the baby and started walking to where everyone was sitting and he said, “Get the **** in the car we’re leaving.”….

18:00 So he had misunderstood something that someone had said about him, something about the mines shutting down because with Nebraska, with minimum wage (it’s hard to make money in Nebraska) you’re not going to be paid worth a ****. Not what you would in Wyoming, even if you’re really skilled. So they said something like, “at least you’re not making minimum wage,” y’know by Nebraska standards.

Chance was also fighting with his parents and brother.

I think about staying with my in-laws over 4th of July holiday with a baby and it just sounds so stressful. I’m sure they were trying to figure out how to do holidays with a new nuclear family and now a large extended family, and chance was trying to be generous with Baylee by staying with her family. I would not want to stay with my in-laws, and I like my in-laws. A 4-hour BBQ is plenty and I want my yoga pants and movies and articles and rest.

I’m so sorry that another anniversary is imminent. I pray to God that he is found and the family gets closure

Two years ago today, Chance Englebert left his home in Moorcroft, WY for the last time. He traveled to Gering, NE with his wife and son. About 72 hours after their arrival in Gering, Chance vanished into thin air. In the middle of Scottsbluff. Less than 2 hours after an argument with his wife’s family. Less than an hour after an argument with his wife. Someone knows what happened to Chance. Judgment day is coming. Justice for Chance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa