GUILTY NE - Corde Honea & Jayla Hamm for child abuse, Beatrice, 2010

OMG. Its on NG now. I'm just sick over this.

That Judge should be fired he's not doing HIS JOB

Hoping the babies father comes forward and the baby is placed in his custody.

NG is talking about this little boy as did JVM. I am outraged at the mother's sentence! 10 days to be served on the weekends and also is back with her son now. I am truly sickened and furious.

**NG also just announced 2 children are lost in Shreveport, La.. Am looking for anything I can find on it now.

I'm pretty tough as I've had to read an awful lot of police reports of abuse of children who have become my own. I work on issues of child *advertiser censored* and child rape and keep going. However, I have to say those photos brought me to tears. The sheer cruelty for "fun" blows me away every time. It's so so wrong. The trauma cannot be undone.

I had my eighth grandbaby this week and learned that I'm expecting my ninth, so I'm very much in Momma-mode. Each of our babies are so blessed to be wanted and gently and lovingly cherished. This little one was not so fortunate. There is nothing he could have done to deserve this treatment.

I happen to think that if more photos (with the face obscured just as this) were shown to the general public showcasing abuse--both physical and sexual, more funding and more court oversight would suddenly be available. So many people can just not fathom the reality that these photos document.

My strongest prayers are with that little boy. He deserves to be cherished.

The both of them should be taped to the inside of a jail cell, forever!! That poor baby:(

It started out with them taping his favorite sippy cup to the wall just out of his reach while they laughed and took pics of him jumping and crying trying to get at it. This is so disturbing. How can one find this amusing to watch their own child tormented? Sick.

OMG. Its on NG now. I'm just sick over this.

That Judge should be fired he's not doing HIS JOB

Hoping the babies father comes forward and the baby is placed in his custody.

IMO He did do his job. I don't like the job he did...but he did it FAR FAR better than most.

As a foster parent I've personally known MANY children that have long suffered heinous torture and their parents never served even a day! Shoot, mostly are NEVER even charged! I've cared for children scared & bloodied beaten by electrical cords, purposely burned with cigarettes, malnourished, living in filth....their parents never served a single day!

He has been returned to his mother's custody. Look at her smiling face in this picture. I am sure we will see it again in the news when it is too late for this child.

ht_duct_tape_kid_1_101004_main.jpg

I'd like to do a little "duct tape therapy" with those parents....

I am livid. To return this child to this "person" (I refuse to use the term mother even if couched sarcastically in parens, quotes or anything else to refer to this woman) was a huge miscarriage in justice! I cannot believe this poor child is in this woman's care and custody again even as I type.

What I find most disturbing (and there is plenty to choose from I am sure we can all agree) is that this woman not only behaved inthis manner with her child but by photgraphing it displayed what would seem to be alack of any believe or knowledge that this behavior was wrong, cruel and abusive.

It is one thing when a parent is abusing their child behind closed doors in secret. This secrecy means the parent knows their behavior is unnacceptable and wrong/abusive. The fact that this "person" would photograph their deeds suggests she thought there was nothing wrong with it!

IMO He did do his job. I don't like the job he did...but he did it FAR FAR better than most.

As a foster parent I've personally known MANY children that have long suffered heinous torture and their parents never served even a day! Shoot, mostly are NEVER even charged! I've cared for children scared & bloodied beaten by electrical cords, purposely burned with cigarettes, malnourished, living in filth....their parents never served a single day!

Do you really think so? The child is with his mother even after all this, and it looks to me that she just got a slap on the wrist and still has the child in her custody.

I am sorry but this one has been bugging me all day and I had to come back and add:

This will not be this child's last torment, nor his last brush with DCF. I only hope and pray that DCF will be monitoring this situation.

I am sending up heartfelt prayers for protection for this little man. Surround this innocent with love and protection, strength and allies, living and passed, who can watch out for him. This and more I ask. So mote it be.

I can't find where it was reported that he was returned to her custody?

I thought he was in state custody and she had supervised visits?

Can someone throw me a link please? I would appreciate it. TIA! :)

I can't find where it was reported that he was returned to her custody?

I thought he was in state custody and she had supervised visits?

Can someone throw me a link please? I would appreciate it. TIA! :)

whoops, sorry I didn't link to it in my post!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shocking-photos-reveal-abused-toddler-duct-taped-wall/story?id=11798328

The child, temporarily removed from his mother's custody, is again living with the mother, an 18-year-old admitted drug user.

The article also says prosecutors are "investigating a separate case to determine whether she should continue to retain custody".

The separate case is even more alarming than the duct tape:

"At the time, Honea was "out on bail because he stolen [sic] over 20 firearms. He got busted while on bail," Ritnour said.
Police found marijuana, drug paraphernalia and stolen weapons in the open and in places where the boy could reach them, Ritnour said."

Don't get me wrong. The duct taping was horrible! I had a hard time falling asleep last night after reading about it. I missed the part about the firearms, though. How on earth could a judge return that poor little boy to the custody of that woman?!

I dont like this. I have a feeling in 10 years we'll be reading about a 12 year old committing terrible crimes and it will turn out to be this poor kid.

I think the baby is at high risk of ending up dead, left in this person's custody.
Here's the thing: The prosecution, who I heard on JVM, really wanted the boyfriend, I guess. So they cut a deal with the poor, sweet mother who had been misled by him. (Sarcasm intended). I don't get it. They didn't need her help. He was on probation for something else and firearms (stolen?) were found in the house. Why did they need her help?
The prosecution was trying to justify the deal they gave the mother. It's unjustifiable to me. I have known many young mothers, teen moms. Their youth did not make them love their kids any less.
This hideous person laughed about torturing an innocent baby - her own little boy. I don't care that she was high! Being drunk or stoned does not make a person do things that are not already in their heart. I cannot stand to see any person or animal suffer. Being high would not change that.
But this monster enjoyed hurting the one person she should have been protecting. That pretty much seals the deal for me. She is a dangerous person and a sadistic child abuser.
I am outraged by the sentence both were given and more importantly, that she has any contact with her child at this time. He should have been put on the fast track for adoption. It's sickening. In fact, I think she is more culpable. We hear of too many women sacrificing their babies to abusers, and/or joining in on the "fun" for a chance to snag a "man". They should have the same sentences as the men they allowed to hurt their babies. Or stronger ones. That would send the message that our society will not tolerate women giving creeps free rein to molest, beat, torture and kill their kids. For now, mothers are being told that anything goes, when it comes to their children, in their quest to get a guy.
Finally, it angers me more than I can say that this momster, or the prosecutor or anyone else can blame her fun and games on being high, or being young and under the influence of her creepy boyfriend. Because as I said before, this evil woman had those photos on her phone days later, showed them to a friend and still thought it was funny.
I really hope that social services takes another look at this case and removes the baby from her presence. Otherwise, I have grave doubts that the little boy will live to see adulthood in one piece.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back