NE NE - Corrie Wood, 28, Grant, 20 September 2008 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Search Warrant info was published in the local paper, The Tribune Sentinal, under Court House news. It is a small paper and does not have all the articles on it's web page. Sorry I do not have the date of that paper. Has since been thrown away.

After re-reading maconrich post, the date of the paper is listed as Oct 9th. Didn't catch that so need to clarify.

Thank you :) I can't find it online which goes with what you've said. Actually I'm just not finding much of anything but was able to view a cached link about the reward. I don't think the link works but I'll put it here just in case:

No tips have been called in to the Nebraska Crime Stoppers that would produce any leads in the death of a Grant woman in late September, according to a spokesperson for the network.

The death of 28-year-old Corrie Wood is being investigated as a homicide.

The Perkins County Sheriff's Office turned the case over to the Nebraska State Patrol after Wood was discovered deceased in her home at 427 West 6th Street in Grant shortly before 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 20.

Anyone with information is asked to call the statewide Crime Stoppers number at 1-800-422-1494.

A tip can also be reported via the internet by logging onto the Nebraska Crime Stoppers website www.nebraskacrimestoppers.com People may remain anonymous and could be eligible for a $1,000 cash reward.

http://74.125.113.104/search?q=cach...ntinel+"Corrie+Wood"&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

I sent an email in the last few days to the news contacts below, asking them to do a follow up story.

If anyone wants to do the same, it might help.

Via email:
KLKN – ABC 8
8@klkntv.com

Action 3 News – Omaha
news@action3news.com

Grant Tribune-Sentinal
grantrib@gpcom.net

Imperial Republican
imprep@chase3000.com

North Platte Bulletin
http://www.northplattebulletin.com/index.asp?show=contact&sectionID=1&pageID=8&siteID=314
frank@northplattebulletin.com
george@northplattebulletin.com
bobg@northplattebulletin.com

Via website submission:
KOLNK - Lincoln
http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/31272299.html
KETV - Omaha
http://www.ketv.com/station/177307/detail.html
Journal Star – Lincoln
https://secure.townnews.com/journalstar.com/secure/services_forms/editorial/news_tip/

Thank you :) I can't find it online which goes with what you've said. Actually I'm just not finding much of anything but was able to view a cached link about the reward. I don't think the link works but I'll put it here just in case:

No tips have been called in to the Nebraska Crime Stoppers that would produce any leads in the death of a Grant woman in late September, according to a spokesperson for the network.

The death of 28-year-old Corrie Wood is being investigated as a homicide.

The Perkins County Sheriff's Office turned the case over to the Nebraska State Patrol after Wood was discovered deceased in her home at 427 West 6th Street in Grant shortly before 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 20.

Anyone with information is asked to call the statewide Crime Stoppers number at 1-800-422-1494.

A tip can also be reported via the internet by logging onto the Nebraska Crime Stoppers website www.nebraskacrimestoppers.com People may remain anonymous and could be eligible for a $1,000 cash reward.

http://74.125.113.104/search?q=cach...ntinel+"Corrie+Wood"&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

Thanks for the info. I just want to add that it's very easy to submit an anonymous tip via crimestoppers - I did it on another case on the chance the info might help.

"No identifying information is recorded through this online submission transaction and the process is secure and encrypted using industry standard methods."

I've been trying to find anything on sherrie akin and i've came up empty handed. I'm going to try and call her family, and see if they will talk to me.

I've been trying to find anything on sherrie akin and i've came up empty handed. I'm going to try and call her family, and see if they will talk to me.

Thank You! Let us know what you find :)

I will continue to contact all the news outlets and highly encourage everyone here to do the same. Sherrie Akin is a mystery...can't find anything. Good Luck speaking with the family.

After the conspiracy theories Scott's "friends" seemed to disappear from the blog...strange.

LorinMarie - No, I have not. I got her death date from SS Death Index, but not the town she died in. On Zabasearch I found addresses for her in Lincoln, NE and CO. The infor about her came from NSC. That chick is good. For the longest time, I have focused on things in my immediate area, and honestly I am just learning how to find things in other states.

The Lincoln Journal Star's obit archives only go back 90 days. I have entered her name into background check websites, and come up with some relative's names, but haven't found much out. She died ten years ago, so it is possible I am hitting on another Sherrie L. Akin, but that name seems kind of unique. How many could there have been in Lincoln?

Another thing to keep in mind: The only had a common address. We don't know if they lived at that address at the same time.

legacy.com is the system that both the lincoln journal star and omaha world herald obits are powered off of. typically they go back quite a while in time.

As for the LJS only having 90 days of obits, I believe you can call the paper and have them look up an old one and I am pretty sure they charge a small fee for it.

I would jump in and try to help with that, but I am beyond burried in a heap a work right now :eek:

After the conspiracy theories Scott's "friends" seemed to disappear from the blog...strange.

Yes, it is quite strange. I would be at home saying my hail mary's if I was covering up for a murderer. That and going to the authorities, the right thing to do.

legacy.com is the system that both the lincoln journal star and omaha world herald obits are powered off of. typically they go back quite a while in time.

As for the LJS only having 90 days of obits, I believe you can call the paper and have them look up an old one and I am pretty sure they charge a small fee for it.

I would jump in and try to help with that, but I am beyond burried in a heap a work right now :eek:

Thanks for the great info! We are on it!

Couple more things and then my lunch is over (well actually its over, but these are worth being late for...lol)

If the Sherrie lady passed away in Lincoln or was originally from Lincoln, the obit would definitely be in the Lincoln paper. They run it one day for free, beyond that you have to pay $50 or something like that. Possible it could have been in the Omaha paper, just depends on what the family wanted to do. Guarenteed that if she was from anywhere in the easter part of the state that either the omaha or the lincoln paper ran an obit. Any other paper that would run it would be because she was from there, or her GPs live there, something to that effect. Definitely back in 1998 small town papers were not on line and doubtfully many, if any have put archieves like that on line. Nebraska small towns are SMALL, im talking 3,500 people is a relatively large small town. If you have a lead that she was from a small town or had a connection to a small town, I would suggest calling the paper that serves that community. There is a pretty good chance that they would spill the beans on what the story was, if there was in fact a story.

NCS - I hope you are feeling better.

Couple more things and then my lunch is over (well actually its over, but these are worth being late for...lol)

If the Sherrie lady passed away in Lincoln or was originally from Lincoln, the obit would definitely be in the Lincoln paper. They run it one day for free, beyond that you have to pay $50 or something like that. Possible it could have been in the Omaha paper, just depends on what the family wanted to do. Guarenteed that if she was from anywhere in the easter part of the state that either the omaha or the lincoln paper ran an obit. Any other paper that would run it would be because she was from there, or her GPs live there, something to that effect. Definitely back in 1998 small town papers were not on line and doubtfully many, if any have put archieves like that on line. Nebraska small towns are SMALL, im talking 3,500 people is a relatively large small town. If you have a lead that she was from a small town or had a connection to a small town, I would suggest calling the paper that serves that community. There is a pretty good chance that they would spill the beans on what the story was, if there was in fact a story.

NCS - I hope you are feeling better.

Thanks MaMa!!! All your info has been great. We will have the info this afternoon - stay tuned!!

I tried to contact sherrie's sister in lincoln, but there was no answer. I left a voice mail so i'm hoping i will get a call back soon.

I tried to contact sherrie's sister in lincoln, but there was no answer. I left a voice mail so i'm hoping i will get a call back soon.

Wonderful thank you for keeping us posted!

I will continue to contact all the news outlets and highly encourage everyone here to do the same. [snipped]

Excellent. I heard back from one reporter. He said he would look into it.

If the reporters are unwilling to dealve further into this case because of the lack of released info, do you think the potential "white power" aspect of Scott, (hopefully not Corrie) would be of interest to them? This in some ways seems as frightening a threat to the community as a murderer walking free, although in this case it may be one in the same. What do you guys think?

If the reporters are unwilling to dealve further into this case because of the lack of released info, do you think the potential "white power" aspect of Scott, (hopefully not Corrie) would be of interest to them? This in some ways seems as frightening a threat to the community as a murderer walking free, although in this case it may be one in the same. What do you guys think?

It isn't against any laws to be a racist pig. The same thoughts you had, I also had, though.

I think it's a good idea. Not sure though - could be risky. Though, there have been people that have penetrated these groups before. I for, do not volunteer :bang: :chicken::chicken:

And Spector has a point, they are allowed to be WS as long as they don't kill anyone or commit again crime -- wait, no PUN intended!!!!

I appreciate what you guys are saying, and while having those belief systems are not illegal, much of their activity often is. I just thought potentially it might be another angle for reporters to investigate, as there is not so much to go on from L.E. but I guess we don't even know if he is actually actively involved, or if his involvement was primarily in prison, so perhaps that is not a great lead after all, thanks for your input!
Also here is the SS death index that I found for Sherrie L. Akin, although no obits, perhaps because she was from Ca.
Name:Sherrie L. Akin
SSN:I Deleted for Privacy
Born:22 May 1962
Died:12 Aug 1998
State (Year)1977 SSN issued:California

I don't know if this is the same Sherrie, but it appears so, and if I am repeating info, I apologize! You guys are so quick, I fall behind quickly!

ETA: I got this info from my Ancestry.com account so I don't know if a link will be valid.

I think it's a good idea. Not sure though - could be risky. Though, there have been people that have penetrated these groups before. I for, do not volunteer :bang: :chicken::chicken:

And Spector has a point, they are allowed to be WS as long as they don't kill anyone or commit again crime -- wait, no PUN intended!!!!

Uh, yeah quite risky.

As for the media, I'd hope they'll pick up and follow the story because of Corrie and the fact she was murdered....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11