NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 Jun 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really clear what his future held, because the article makes it seem like he voluntarily was willing to join a seminary. But then it also mentions going back to school to pursue radio broadcasting. I would LOVE to know more about Jason's connection with the church, and whether all that free time he spent volunteering there was really his own choice.
A couple things that his father said in the article stood out to me personally. One was that he insisted that Jason would not harm himself because of his "strong faith". The other was when he said that Jason returning home would be "God's will". This is a very odd thing to say when it had only been a month since he vanished, and time was still of the essence. I could understand him saying that now when he has made peace with the disappearance, but back then? Kind of weird. This makes me at least wonder a little bit if someone at the church got close to Jason, knowing that in the eyes of his family, the church could do no wrong. Sheer speculation of course. This is not a dig at religion or even his family, but there is a difference between having faith and being a zealot.

A couple months ago I would have said ' absolutely no way' to this, however after reading that last article I posted, I will simply say ' I don't think so'. The only thing I can possibly see Jason running away from is an overly religious household that would force him to choose priesthood over his passion as a radio DJ.

Why choose to runaway when his car was still in the shop? And when his absence would be noted once he failed to show at the school?

I can't see Jason choosing to disappear on those terms.

Have you seen this child JASON JOLKOWSKI.jpeg
5849de032a404.image.jpg

It's not really clear what his future held, because the article makes it seem like he voluntarily was willing to join a seminary. But then it also mentions going back to school to pursue radio broadcasting. I would LOVE to know more about Jason's connection with the church, and whether all that free time he spent volunteering there was really his own choice.
A couple things that his father said in the article stood out to me personally. One was that he insisted that Jason would not harm himself because of his "strong faith". The other was when he said that Jason returning home would be "God's will". This is a very odd thing to say when it had only been a month since he vanished, and time was still of the essence. I could understand him saying that now when he has made peace with the disappearance, but back then? Kind of weird. This makes me at least wonder a little bit if someone at the church got close to Jason, knowing that in the eyes of his family, the church could do no wrong. Sheer speculation of course. This is not a dig at religion or even his family, but there is a difference between having faith and being a zealot.

I'm a Muslim and we always say that what God has willed God has willed. I don't find his dad saying that odd at all. We believe in something called predestination and i'm pretty sure Christians do too. In fact i would be surprised if any practicing religious person didn't reference his faith in the Creator in a personal crisis such as that.

I personally think Jolkowski was collected in a car (either willingly by someone he knew or unwillingly at gun point) by someone on his way to meet the girl at the school. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. If he'd been walking he'd have been seen by at least one person. If he arrived at the school he'd have been spotted by someone or the girl once she arrived. If he was randomly stabbed or killed on the way by a gang or something, why hasn't his body showed up? Drug dealing gangs on the street don't usually go to the trouble of disposing of a body of a random man so perfectly and transporting it out of the area. They'd have just put him behind a building or something at the most, and why would they just randomly decide to kill him anyway? Rob him maybe but why kill him. I'd be interested in knowing how far the journey was that he was going to take on foot to meet the coworker girl. Was it just literally 10 mins from his house or was it a longer journey that he would normally need a car for?

Why choose to runaway when his car was still in the shop? And when his absence would be noted once he failed to show at the school?

I can't see Jason choosing to disappear on those terms.
Oh, I totally agree. I don't think that's what happened at all. Just saying that would be the only explanation I would imagine as to why he would do that. But I definitelty don't think he did.

I personally think Jolkowski was collected in a car (either willingly by someone he knew or unwillingly at gun point) by someone on his way to meet the girl at the school. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. If he'd been walking he'd have been seen by at least one person. If he arrived at the school he'd have been spotted by someone or the girl once she arrived. If he was randomly stabbed or killed on the way by a gang or something, why hasn't his body showed up? Drug dealing gangs on the street don't usually go to the trouble of disposing of a body of a random man so perfectly and transporting it out of the area. They'd have just put him behind a building or something at the most, and why would they just randomly decide to kill him anyway? Rob him maybe but why kill him. I'd be interested in knowing how far the journey was that he was going to take on foot to meet the coworker girl. Was it just literally 10 mins from his house or was it a longer journey that he would normally need a car for?

The walk was about half a mile; 10-15 minutes on foot through residential streets.
Your theory is probably the most logical one. Either lured into a house or car. If he had an evil neighbor, then perhaps they followed him out in their car and waited for an opportune time to offer him a ride. Then from there took him to God knows where. If he was killed in a house, then I still think he was eventually put in a car and driven out. It's still my belief that he was buried somewhere only the perp has access to- private property of some sort. Owning homesteads is not unusual in Nebrasaka.

Hello again everyone.
Podcast alert - (not mine, just to say that)
Interesting detail that I'd only heard mention of before. JJ's brother acting like him at the 11:30ish call on the day of the disappearance.

What Happened to Jason Jolkowski? w/ My Reality Podcast — Sip & Shine Podcast

Also, I'm still intrigued the Dad's comment on Montel's show: "he liked to walk quite a bit."
Where was he going on these walks?
That alone might hold the key.

Hello again everyone.
Podcast alert - (not mine, just to say that)
Interesting detail that I'd only heard mention of before. JJ's brother acting like him at the 11:30ish call on the day of the disappearance.

What Happened to Jason Jolkowski? w/ My Reality Podcast — Sip & Shine Podcast

Also, I'm still intrigued the Dad's comment on Montel's show: "he liked to walk quite a bit."
Where was he going on these walks?
That alone might hold the key.

Cool to see that newer podcasts are coming out and bringing his case back into the light.

Regarding his brother acting like him-- I've heard two different things. One is that he was just trying to sound older, and the other is that he was pretending to be Jason. I don't know the original source of that info, but I don't find it that strange that his brother would try to sound older on the phone. It was probably a safety thing he was taught, sound older on the phone so nobody knows that a young child is home alone. Even if he was purposely trying to be Jason, he seemed to have snapped out of it upon realizing the seriousness. I don't put any suspicion on his brother at all.

Now, regarding his "new job"- this one drives me crazy , because all sources cite that it was going to be a new dj gig at a radio station. We now know that that's not true, so I'm not sure why his parents never corrected this. He was going to be a customer service rep at SITEL corp. and was going to do their tuition program to re-enroll in school. He wasn't DJing at all at the time of his disappearance, due to him dropping out the previous semester. From what I gather he had 2 jobs: one at Fazoli's, and one soon to start at SITEL corp.

To address your comment about walking- this is a good point. If he had a habit of taking long walks and disappearing for a long period of time then that could be some angle. But I also take walks around my neighborhood for exercise, so it could just be something he did for that reason. If anything it could have helped a potential predator spot him and recognize him for a while, and then they could have just decided to strike that fateful day. His father said in that article I posted that a 4 mile walk would not have been unusual for him, so he really must have gotten around town.

I forgot about that 4 mile walk detail.
Goodness.... Maybe that was just it... a regular 4 mile walk he took. But you would definitely be right that he could have, certainly would have, bumped into someone along the way at some point on one of those walks.
Having been on quite a few walks in the past few years (love a good walk. Anyone else :D ) you do start to see some regular people.
But, I also wonder how many people are seeing me, and I'm not seeing them.
That would though, in this case, most likely put the situation on someone on his route he was walking which isn't anything new I suppose. But it would just have to be the odds. Unlike someone else being on a walk at that exact time. That would be extraordinary.

I forgot about that 4 mile walk detail.
Goodness.... Maybe that was just it... a regular 4 mile walk he took. But you would definitely be right that he could have, certainly would have, bumped into someone along the way at some point on one of those walks.
Having been on quite a few walks in the past few years (love a good walk. Anyone else :D ) you do start to see some regular people.
But, I also wonder how many people are seeing me, and I'm not seeing them.
That would though, in this case, most likely put the situation on someone on his route he was walking which isn't anything new I suppose. But it would just have to be the odds. Unlike someone else being on a walk at that exact time. That would be extraordinary.
Well figure every house you pass could have someone looking out their window and seeing you without you seeing them. There was a cold case solved fairly recently, Mandy Stavik, where it turned out that the murderer was someone local and that Mandy would pass by his home regularly when walking her dog. On the day she disappeared, she was out for a jog, presumably passed his house, and he decided to make his move. Something similar may have happened here. Although, I can't wrap my head around the idea of someone looking out their window during the day and seeing a full grown man and deciding to just randomly go and kill him. Not unless they knew him somewhat personally of course. In fact, I think another poster here said something similar. But nothing can be ruled out completely, seeing as this is such an unusual case in general. With a woman, I could easily believe this -- and I know that sounds bad to say.
Another reason this feels more 'intimate' in a sense, is that the perp went through great lengths to hide this body. Way too much effort was put in for a random kill imo. Now it could be that he was just dumped somewhere extremely secluded and by happenstance, just hasn't been discovered yet. But it's just more rare that a body never gets found that I usually tend to believe when there's no trace of any victim, it's because the perp put them somewhere very specific

That's what I've said before. Even the morning of, I believe he made some sort of pit stop. I don't believe for a second that he was randomly plucked off the street or lured in a split second decision by someone to come in their home. Whatever happened I truly think he walked into the situation willingly, and then from there things took a dark turn. I think he wanted to walk to Benson because he was seeing someone else first; who and for what we don't know

That's what I've said before. Even the morning of, I believe he made some sort of pit stop. I don't believe for a second that he was randomly plucked off the street or lured in a split second decision by someone to come in their home. Whatever happened I truly think he walked into the situation willingly, and then from there things took a dark turn. I think he wanted to walk to Benson because he was seeing someone else first; who and for what we don't know

Yeah. That could very well be it. I've never been in the "drug scene" so I don't know how well a friend of his may have known he was into something. Is that something people normally share and tell friends about? Or in that case anyway would the parents have found something left over in his room? In his car when they got it back?

I guess the same question goes for whatever else he may have been doing out on those walks. Maybe he didn't tell anyone at all, though.
I'm still a bit puzzled as well at the comment from the person who was going to pick him up.
This exchange:
"OK. Just meet me at Benson," Jason said.
"OK. You better be there," driver said.

Did the driver have a feeling he might not show?
Did he skip out on work days before?
Possibly a very interesting comment.

Yeah. That could very well be it. I've never been in the "drug scene" so I don't know how well a friend of his may have known he was into something. Is that something people normally share and tell friends about? Or in that case anyway would the parents have found something left over in his room? In his car when they got it back?

I guess the same question goes for whatever else he may have been doing out on those walks. Maybe he didn't tell anyone at all, though.
I'm still a bit puzzled as well at the comment from the person who was going to pick him up.
This exchange:
"OK. Just meet me at Benson," Jason said.
"OK. You better be there," driver said.

Did the driver have a feeling he might not show?
Did he skip out on work days before?
Possibly a very interesting comment.

As far as friends go, I found it interesting that the article states that Jason's friends hadn't heard from him in months. This was only one month after his disappearance, which I guess means that Jason hadn't been in regular contact with any friends for quite some time, even before disappearing. I figure it's probably because he was just a reserved person, but perhaps his friends were getting into things he didn't approve of- or vice versa. I don't mean to suggest that Jason is in a "drug scene" exactly, but perhaps that he every now and again partook in marijuana or something light. Jason's parents saying that he would not take part in drinking or drugs is something that has to be taken with a grain of salt, because I've known plenty of people growing up who did things behind their parents' backs that they would never suspect or imagine. Myself included. If he was making a stop before meeting at Benson, for arguments sake, say to get some weed and have a little bit before heading off to work, that could explain why he was carrying his Work shirt and wearing a different one. That stuff stinks heavy on your clothing. Though I'm not sure why any of this stuff couldn't be done AFTER work.
I think the comment from the co-worker was likely an ugly coincidence. Meant as a snarky joke. According to his mother he was very serious and dilligent about going to work and there's nothing really to suggest that he ever blew off work or was unreliable with showing up. Someone on the thread speculated one time that maybe since he was starting a new job soon anyway, he could have gotten a little more lax with work, but I've never seen anything that actually says he was planning on leaving Fazoli's once this new job startted.

I'm less inclined to think it was drug-related (although not much can be ruled out) and more inclined to think it was sexually-motivated.
I definitely believe Jason's relationship with the church is an avenue worth pursuing. Perhaps it is cliché to think Jason was groomed simply because he belonged to a church but there isn't a lot else to go on.
6 foot, 18 year old dudes don't just get snatched off the street in a middle-class neighbourhood at 10am. There's got to be more to it.

I'm less inclined to think it was drug-related (although not much can be ruled out) and more inclined to think it was sexually-motivated.
I definitely believe Jason's relationship with the church is an avenue worth pursuing. Perhaps it is cliché to think Jason was groomed simply because he belonged to a church but there isn't a lot else to go on.
6 foot, 18 year old dudes don't just get snatched off the street in a middle-class neighbourhood at 10am. There's got to be more to it.
ITA.

It’s been 19 years. Jim shared an image of Jason on his FB page and asked for continued prayers. I said “hi”, he actually remembered me and said.

“Hi de ho Neighbor! I remember you! We all are hoping for a break in the case, and being reunited with Jason! Thanks for the memories!”

Nice to be remembered. It seems so long ago now. Another lifetime for Jason.

It’s been 19 years. Jim shared an image of Jason on his FB page and asked for continued prayers. I said “hi”, he actually remembered me and said.

“Hi de ho Neighbor! I remember you! We all are hoping for a break in the case, and being reunited with Jason! Thanks for the memories!”

Nice to be remembered. It seems so long ago now. Another lifetime for Jason.

Sure he appreciated that! It's nice to see that they really haven't given up any hope for answers one day. Kelly posted about Jason too, and I saw that she answered someone's question about it being regarded as a homicide. She feels that the cops believe that Jason ran into some 'unsavory characters' who he didn't know and something happened. Guess nobody in the immediate neighborhood was suspicious enough for them to zero in on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288