NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange to think this case happened pre-9/11. It feels so distant in time. All those years and we're no closer to knowing what happened to Jason that day.

Hello ekardh.
It is sad. But I think we're about to jump closer. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I think there is a group of folks here who want to get this one solved and are going to.

If anyone is with me, I'd like to start separating this into lines if inquiry as I think some folks call it.
Ex:
Sewer system
Individual homes on streets: Separated into streets. 48th. Pinkney. so on...
Church he attended.
Possible connection to Samuel Sherman...
Social Circle (I'm currently diving into something there... will get back ASAP on that.)
Reasons he may have run... (may not be likely, but still should be looked into)

Any other lines please mention.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the response moderator.
Is it possible... to get a JJ Jolkowski sub forum somewhere in the Websleuths forum that can have a subforum dedicated to this young man?

Ok.
Next up.
Do we know exactly where the sewer construction was on that day, a d the day after Jason disappeared?

The sewer construction kind of throws me a bit. A while back (talking years) Kelly was answering questions on here and someone asked if there was any construction going on, to which she said no. Seems odd she would say that if there was an obvious sewer renovation in the neighborhood. Is it possible the dates of the renovation project were mixed up? Would be understandable as this was 18 Years ago

ETA: I also just can't see him falling into construction and not having his body found. Unlike the Shaffer case this was broad daylight with either some workers out to spot him or at least some witnesses walking outside.

Last edited:
If anyone is with me, I'd like to start separating this into lines if inquiry as I think some folks call it.
Ex:
Sewer system
Individual homes on streets: Separated into streets. 48th. Pinkney. so on...
Church he attended.
Possible connection to Samuel Sherman...
Social Circle (I'm currently diving into something there... will get back ASAP on that.)
Reasons he may have run... (may not be likely, but still should be looked into)

Any other lines please mention.

<modsnip>

Sewer System- debatable

Indvidual homes- Definitely can't give my opinion on that, as I've been snipped too many times

Church he attended- Doesn't get looked at enough imo. Especially if there were neighbors that attended the same church. Given how religious his parents were/ are, perhaps they were known in the community and a neighbor who happened to be a "family friend" through church could have used that to gain trust.

Sam Sherman- I will never be 100% convinced that this guy even existed. At the very least, I won't believe that he wasn't a nomadic drifter. Not until the people who reported him missing either come forward or we get some open files on that case.

Social Circle- I don't think he really had one. Small group of friends (all who were questioned) and no girlfriend. Of course there's always the chance that there was a rougher crowd that Jason hung out with that his parents didn't know about. Possibly introduced him to drugs or drinking but I really do doubt it.

I put that last link up with out much explanation. I was bored in a meeting at work ;-)

I have thrown the sewer thing out there, and have to admit I don't remember what years it came through our neighborhood. It's an ongoing project. In fact, Lake James Park just had more work as they connected pieces back to Fontenelle Lagoon.

The work is going on at some place in town at any given time over the last 30 odd years.

In the 70's a gal named Mary Kay Harmer went missing. They had a biker gang member who was suspect, but no body. They found the body 10-15 years later doing down a man hole in Carter Lake.

Nesbitt, Thomas (NE)

(not a related story, but a solved cold case)

Sewer System- debatable

Indvidual homes- Definitely can't give my opinion on that, as I've been snipped too many times

Church he attended- Doesn't get looked at enough imo. Especially if there were neighbors that attended the same church. Given how religious his parents were/ are, perhaps they were known in the community and a neighbor who happened to be a "family friend" through church could have used that to gain trust.

Sam Sherman- I will never be 100% convinced that this guy even existed. At the very least, I won't believe that he wasn't a nomadic drifter. Not until the people who reported him missing either come forward or we get some open files on that case.

Social Circle- I don't think he really had one. Small group of friends (all who were questioned) and no girlfriend. Of course there's always the chance that there was a rougher crowd that Jason hung out with that his parents didn't know about. Possibly introduced him to drugs or drinking but I really do doubt it.

Fantastic. Now we're rolling.

Individual Homes: Kept in the forum as House A, House B, but discussed through the private conversation area as we are investigating.

Church: There is one person I have found so far who lived VERY close to JJ at the time and who also happened to like the Cubs. I think that is a decent lead as the obvious connection. Maybe Person X was out on a walk that day and they ran into eachother.... Or another person at that address.... Looking into it. Would definitely love to find more similar people in the neighborhood. Excellent.

Sam Sherman: Very interesting take. Maybe we can contact NAMUS... Other places who have listed him and attempt to get the original people who reported him to contact one of us, or join the board here....? Just pass a message through as I know certainly no one is going to give us their name or info. But if we can invite them to reach out that may be something.

Social Circle. I'm looking into one person on that front (who will stay nameless on here) Hoping to call that person in the next couple of days.

The SEWER: Very interesting idea and possible. There was another murder other than the one mentioned that I know of where the person was put into a manhole. Crazy creepy stuff. But, possible. And for the construction question for JJ's mother, she may have taken that as a home under construction? And not taken into consideration the sewer?.... Just a thought.

So here we go... And please moderators and overseers of all good things in the Websleuths world :D
This, could use some way not to get confusing for us.
Sub forum somewhere please :D
Talk amongst yourselves :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members