NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Most of you have heard of our Campaign for the Missing, a state by state effort to pass legislation which would positively impact how missing and unidentified deceased person cases are handled. (http://www.projectjason.org/legislation.html)

We’ve been successful mentoring volunteers with the passage of legislation in 6 states, with several more active. These efforts will continue on.

I recently learned of an effort called Ideas for Change in America. This is a is a citizen-driven project that aims to identify and create momentum around the best ideas for how the 111th Congress can turn the broad call for "change" across the country into specific policies. The project is nonpartisan, and is not connected to the Obama Administration.

In this effort, the top 10 rated ideas will be presented to the Obama Administration on Inauguration Day, January 20, 2009 as the "Top 10 Ideas for America." The sponsor organization, Change.org, will then launch a national campaign behind each idea and mobilize the collective energy of a selected and related nonprofit, the millions of members of Change.org, MySpace, and partner organizations to ensure that each winning idea gets the full consideration of the Obama Administration and Members of Congress.

The "Top 10 Ideas for America" will be determined through two rounds of voting. In the first round, ideas will compete against other ideas in the same issue category. The first round will end on December 31, 2008, and the top 3 rated ideas from each category will make it into the second round. The second round of voting will begin on Monday, January 5, and each qualifying idea will compete against the qualifying ideas from all other categories. Second round voting will end on Thursday, January 15.

I have submitted “Establish National Protocol in Missing and Unidentified Person Cases” for consideration. It is now on the website and votes can be placed. It is listed in the Criminal Justice category.
http://www.change.org/ideas/view/es...ocol_in_missing_and_unidentified_person_cases

As you can see by the posted information and link to the protocol, this is the 2008 revision of the Campaign for the Missing legislation. While we have never pursued federal passage, this seemed like a good opportunity to make an attempt, or at least bring attention to our plight if nothing more.

Education is important, with so many not having awareness of the situation as it exists, and what those of us who live with this experience daily. If we do not try, nothing will be accomplished, that is a certainty.

What I ask of you is your vote. It’s as easy as clicking on the link above, and then on the Vote button to your left. (Registration is required, but it is simple and fast.) There is also a widget you can copy and place on your website, blog, Facebook, or MySpace page. It will, however, take more than your vote. It will take you forwarding the link to your friends and family, and asking them to vote. It will take many of you adding the widget to your page.

My son, and thousands upon thousands of other sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, etc, might be an unidentified body lying in a morgue waiting to be buried or cremated without DNA analysis done. When that happens, and it may already have, my family may never have the answers we desire. We need to put a halt to this tragedy on top of tragedy and take whatever steps are necessary to ensure everything that can be done in these cases is done. (There is much more to it than DNA, but that is one of many key elements.)

Please vote, and forward this notification via email to everyone in your address book.

Collectively, we are the voice for the missing, speaking for those who are not among us but who are forever in our hearts.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org
Help us find the missing: Become an AAN Member
http://www.projectjason.org/awareness.html

It's very sad, but we've fallen to 7th now, with 3 Legalize Marijuana ideas in front of ours, which makes no sense. (Why 3!!??)

This will require the efforts of more than a few, and to help out, we now have some very easy to follow instructions for those who might have tried to vote, but had problems.

Click here to read the instructions:
http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=4618.msg27890#new

Thank you!

President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org
Help us find the missing: Become an AAN Member
http://www.projectjason.org/awareness.html

Here’s your chance to win $500, help a local nonprofit organization, and potentially solve a mystery, all at the same time!

How often do we really see what is all around us? We drive by beautiful buildings with unique or interesting architecture, stately trees, and unusual settings. Life goes rushing by us, often taking our senses and powers of observation with it. Where in Omaha? encourages awareness of our surroundings and appreciation for beauty, both man-made, and natural.

There is another, much more important reason to encourage awareness, and that is in the cases of missing persons. Generally, when the investigation winds down and media has nothing to report, the family then must rely on the public to be their eyes and ears. They need others to see and be aware of the faces of our missing loved ones in order to have a chance to find those persons.

Where In Omaha reminds us to “see” beyond our own hectic lives and potentially unlock a mystery. It is not just a contest, but the launching pad for Project Jason’s new local awareness program for missing persons, which utilizes area MAT bus bench advertising to display information and photos of local missing persons.

Each bench, strategically placed near the area where the person was last seen or was known to frequent, includes a photo, pertinent physical data, and the phone number to call with information about that missing person. Four different Omaha missing persons cases will be featured in the initial program launch, and more will be added if the program is supported by the public and corporate sponsors.

We need your help to be able to continue the program. Your entry in the WhereInOmaha? contest is one way you can support the program and help us continue these efforts.

This is one of the most unique contests in Omaha’s history. You’ll pay an entry fee of $10.00 and then guess the location of photos of landmarks, buildings, public places, and other outdoor places of interest within the Omaha city limits.

45 photos plus 4 tiebreaker photos are displayed in the gallery. You can either mail in your entry form or submit it online with your payment of the $10.00 entry fee. The entrant with the most correct guesses wins the $500.00 Grand Prize.

There will be special tie-breaker photos included. If there is still a tie, the prize money will be distributed evenly among the winners. The contest will begin on Sunday, March 9th, 2008 and ends on Saturday, April 12th, 2008. All entries must be received by 6:00pm CDT on Saturday, April 12th, 2008. The winner will be announced at Westroads Mall at 3:00pm on Saturday, April 19th, 2008.

Thank you for your consideration of this unique fundraiser and for sending this information on to your friends and family. We hope that you will play an important part in helping us to fulfill our mission statement.

Project Jason is an Omaha-based nonprofit organization which offers assistance to families of missing persons nationwide, plus provides educational materials, such as personal id kits, free of charge. Through their guidance, 5 states, with several more in progress, have passed laws which help facilitate recoveries of missing persons. Since their inception in 2003, they have played a vital role in the location of many missing persons, including a sister missing for seven years, and a son missing for twelve. They have created several unique awareness programs, have monthly features in national trucking magazines, and have the only free online counseling service for families of the missing in the US.

Help us by copying the above text and sending it in an email to your family and friends along with the link to our site - http://whereinomaha.com.

Kelly I know you are a great woman and that you are doing a great job at projectjason, I´m truly sorry about your son and I hope he´ll be found as as soon as possible, I know you are against psychics and all that but I don´t think you and many others know what a psychic is.

I hope you don´t get offended with me, a psychic is not a persone who knows everything, if that is a psychic then we would not need the police at all, psychc abilities should never ever been looked at as the only truth out there, I´m not even sure that psychics are meant to find missing people, but readings can give clues, it should not be used as the only truth out there, only as a tool to help.

I do respect your opinions even thru I don´t agree with your psychic opinions, to discuss psychics you need to understand what a psychic is.

I wish you all the best in finding your son, I´m following that case, and my prayers are for you and your familie, God bless you, Birgitta

Jason has been missing for 7 1/2 years today.

We love him and miss him.

I pray that Jason will return home soon and send prayers of love and peace to you and your family Kelly.

Salem

Kelly I know you are a great woman and that you are doing a great job at projectjason, I´m truly sorry about your son and I hope he´ll be found as as soon as possible, I know you are against psychics and all that but I don´t think you and many others know what a psychic is.

I hope you don´t get offended with me, a psychic is not a persone who knows everything, if that is a psychic then we would not need the police at all, psychc abilities should never ever been looked at as the only truth out there, I´m not even sure that psychics are meant to find missing people, but readings can give clues, it should not be used as the only truth out there, only as a tool to help.

I do respect your opinions even thru I don´t agree with your psychic opinions, to discuss psychics you need to understand what a psychic is.

I wish you all the best in finding your son, I´m following that case, and my prayers are for you and your familie, God bless you, Birgitta

I know what a psychic is, or rather what they claim to be. I researched it throughly, along with a team of hundreds of others, including scientists.

I find it offensive that you have used MY missing son's thread to advertise your website. I hope that the moderators will remove that link as they know my feelings on this issue. Use of "psychics" is also against my religion. The bible makes it crystal clear that we place our trust in God, and that's what I do.

You have the right to your opinion and I have the right to mine. Families of the missing have the right to decide if they consider it a valid tool or not. We hope they won't and we take steps to enlighten them as to why they should not.

I hope that you will not further offend me by using MY son's thread as a place to advertise your site and defend your position. That would be highly inappropriate. Please do not contact me via PM or email about this.

Thank you.

Kelly
http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=1098.0

I just voted for your cause on the change website and put in on my myspace,facebook, and my blog hopefully it will help. I just want to say that your in my prayers and hoping to find Jason.

I just voted for your cause on the change website and put in on my myspace,facebook, and my blog hopefully it will help. I just want to say that your in my prayers and hoping to find Jason.

That is exactly the help we need...thank you!

I did notice a boost in numbers, too.

God bless you and yours,
Kelly

Kelly, I only recently began posting on Websleuths, but I heard about Jason's case several years ago and have been reading about missing persons ever since. I just wanted to say how admirable it is that you took your family's pain and turned it into something positive for other families of the missing. I admire your strength so much.

From reading about him, Jason sounds like a wonderful person. I won't stop praying.

Here's hoping for your Christmas miracle.

In the love of Jesus,
Kristin

Kelly, I only recently began posting on Websleuths, but I heard about Jason's case several years ago and have been reading about missing persons ever since. I just wanted to say how admirable it is that you took your family's pain and turned it into something positive for other families of the missing. I admire your strength so much.

From reading about him, Jason sounds like a wonderful person. I won't stop praying.

Here's hoping for your Christmas miracle.

In the love of Jesus,
Kristin

Thanks, Kristen.

Yes, Jason is a wonderful person. We found out things about him after his disappearance that he never told us.

For example, in high school, he used to help a boy in a wheelchair get from class to class. No one asked him to do it.

We sure miss him.

God bless you,
Kelly

Project Jason Christmas 2008 Message

When I was a child, every Christmas season, I looked forward to watching the rebroadcast of classic holiday television shows, such as A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

No matter how many times my brothers and I watched these shows, they remained as fresh and exciting in our childhood minds as the new-fallen winter snow. In watching the “Grinch,” we were mesmerized by the nasty creature, as he carried out his plot to stop Christmas from coming to the kind folk of Whoville.

We all know the Grinch didn’t succeed, as he did learn the true meaning of Christmas. As children, I know we marveled at the sight of the happy citizens of Whoville celebrating the day without gifts, food, and decorations. While we knew the reason for the day, perhaps our hearts also needed to grow two sizes, (as the Grinch’s did in the show) for us to understand the joy of the day.

I remember other sights and sounds from all those years ago. On Christmas Day, the kitchen was a constant flurry of activity. It was a place, where my mother, grandmother, aunts and great aunts appeared to do a synchronized dance of meal preparation with the heels of their pumps clicking on the floor, the skirts of their shirt dresses swirling around as they moved, and all without a curl on their heads out of place.

The smells were tantalizing, with a mixture of turkey, ham, stuffing, homemade fudge, pumpkin pies, and other goodies beckoning us inside for an occasional check on the progress. We were shooed away no matter how many times we asked about the meal. We also never failed to ask, even beg, to get to open a present early. We simply could not wait.

Many Christmases went by. I grew up, married, and had two sons. We introduced our children to the magic and joy of Christmas and saw the wonder in their eyes each year on that day. “Mommy, look what Santa brought me!’ little Michael exclaimed. “Can we open a present early, please?” pleaded Jason.

Those days have long passed, and the scenes from those Christmases faded, but never gone from our memories. The sights and sounds still exist, only altered with more modern conveniences and dress, and different faces. Our grandmothers, great aunts, several aunts and other loved ones are no longer with us. Some are not with us through death, some through service of our country, and some for reasons which we cannot begin to fathom.

No matter what the reason for the absence of our loved ones, Christmas was, is, and will be. The reason and the spirit remain unchanged throughout the ages. I will always have my memories and the warmth of heart given me by these gifts. I am grateful for the time I had with those whom I love, and for the love they gave to me.

While it wasn’t instantaneous growth of heart like what the Grinch experienced, my heart grew to gain an understanding of what Christmas is all about: faith, hope, and love. We are truly blessed with this day and this life. So, no matter what life holds for you, where you spend the day, and who you spend it with, let your hearts be open to the joy of the day and season. Memories never cease, hope never fades, and joy is proclaimed throughout the ages:

Hark the herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!”
Peace on earth and mercy mild
God and sinners reconciled.
Joyful, all ye nations rise
Join the triumph of the skies
With the angelic host proclaim:
"Christ is born in Bethlehem.”
Hark! The herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!"

May you and yours have the most blessed Christmas.

We also extend best wishes to our friends who celebrate the season in other ways and with other traditions.

Kelly Jolkowski, the staff and volunteers of Project Jason

You are such an inspiration!!! I'm sitting here wondering why my family has been bickering today when things could be worse than a misunderstanding. I feel like such and idiot and hope that the rest of my family would feel the same if they were to read your post. Each of us are more blessed than we will ever know. My heart goes out to you and the thousands of others like you.

Project Jason Christmas 2008 Message

When I was a child, every Christmas season, I looked forward to watching the rebroadcast of classic holiday television shows, such as A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

No matter how many times my brothers and I watched these shows, they remained as fresh and exciting in our childhood minds as the new-fallen winter snow. In watching the “Grinch,” we were mesmerized by the nasty creature, as he carried out his plot to stop Christmas from coming to the kind folk of Whoville.

We all know the Grinch didn’t succeed, as he did learn the true meaning of Christmas. As children, I know we marveled at the sight of the happy citizens of Whoville celebrating the day without gifts, food, and decorations. While we knew the reason for the day, perhaps our hearts also needed to grow two sizes, (as the Grinch’s did in the show) for us to understand the joy of the day.

I remember other sights and sounds from all those years ago. On Christmas Day, the kitchen was a constant flurry of activity. It was a place, where my mother, grandmother, aunts and great aunts appeared to do a synchronized dance of meal preparation with the heels of their pumps clicking on the floor, the skirts of their shirt dresses swirling around as they moved, and all without a curl on their heads out of place.

The smells were tantalizing, with a mixture of turkey, ham, stuffing, homemade fudge, pumpkin pies, and other goodies beckoning us inside for an occasional check on the progress. We were shooed away no matter how many times we asked about the meal. We also never failed to ask, even beg, to get to open a present early. We simply could not wait.

Many Christmases went by. I grew up, married, and had two sons. We introduced our children to the magic and joy of Christmas and saw the wonder in their eyes each year on that day. “Mommy, look what Santa brought me!’ little Michael exclaimed. “Can we open a present early, please?” pleaded Jason.

Those days have long passed, and the scenes from those Christmases faded, but never gone from our memories. The sights and sounds still exist, only altered with more modern conveniences and dress, and different faces. Our grandmothers, great aunts, several aunts and other loved ones are no longer with us. Some are not with us through death, some through service of our country, and some for reasons which we cannot begin to fathom.

No matter what the reason for the absence of our loved ones, Christmas was, is, and will be. The reason and the spirit remain unchanged throughout the ages. I will always have my memories and the warmth of heart given me by these gifts. I am grateful for the time I had with those whom I love, and for the love they gave to me.

While it wasn’t instantaneous growth of heart like what the Grinch experienced, my heart grew to gain an understanding of what Christmas is all about: faith, hope, and love. We are truly blessed with this day and this life. So, no matter what life holds for you, where you spend the day, and who you spend it with, let your hearts be open to the joy of the day and season. Memories never cease, hope never fades, and joy is proclaimed throughout the ages:

Hark the herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!”
Peace on earth and mercy mild
God and sinners reconciled.
Joyful, all ye nations rise
Join the triumph of the skies
With the angelic host proclaim:
"Christ is born in Bethlehem.”
Hark! The herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!"

May you and yours have the most blessed Christmas.

We also extend best wishes to our friends who celebrate the season in other ways and with other traditions.

Kelly Jolkowski, the staff and volunteers of Project Jason

kelly, I just wanted to take this oppertunity to let you know that you and your entire family is in our prayer on yet another christmas season without your son being there to enjoy all of the joys of the season. we will continue to offer prayers for you and jason as the new year is coming to be born. you are such a strong inspiration to everyone here. god bless you kelly...

Kelly, my heart aches for you this year as it has every year since I stumbled onto Websleuths. I didn't know what I could do to help you, so I joined and voted for your idea. I wholeheartedly support the idea, and I added it to my Facebook page. I hope that someday soon I can celebrate the return of Jason to you, but until then please know that there are people all over the country (and the world!) who are trying to help any way that they can.

Thanks, Soccermom. You're very kind.

In regards to the change.org vote:

It is hard to know what to say. We have failed at this initiative.

It was a good opportunity for us to make the silenced voices heard; the voices of our missing loved ones. I appreciate greatly all of you who took this to heart, pitched in, and worked hard to be heard. Your encouraging comments, efforts, and determination will not be forgotten.

Failure is no stranger to many of us. What is important to remember is that success is often born of failure. Thomas Edison had hundreds of unsuccessful attempts to invent the light bulb, but he kept trying, and each time, he came closer to the right combination of elements. As we all know, he was successful.

Project Jason was born because we failed to pass a state law after two years, so we started the organization which bears our missing son's name. We went back to the state a third time, and we passed our law!

Working together, we will pass needed laws to aid in the search for those whom we love and won't forget. Every day is a new opportunity to succeed. Perhaps some of you might work on passing this on a state level through our Campaign for the Missing. There will also be efforts done at federal level.

I can give you a one word reason why we will succeed: LOVE

We love those who are not with us, but will be forever in our hearts. Our love gives us the strength to go on, even in the face of numerous obstacles. That love is a committed love, and just as love never dies, neither will these efforts to do what we must. We will perservere.

2009 is a new year in which to take action and make a difference. Each day brings us one day closer to the answers we seek, and one day closer to putting solutions in place for the future. We'll make it happen.

Campaign for the Missing:
http://www.projectjason.org/legislation.html

Kelly,

I don't look at this as a failure by any means. 485 people voted and stand united to move forward. This is just another baby step in the right direction to get national legislation passed. This effort will not go unnoticed and it will help bring more and more to the table.

The time will come for families of missing persons to be recognized and their cases heard. There will be a time when all law enforcement agencies will follow an effective procedure. There will be a time when we all look back and see that this effort was a success, not a failure.

There is still much work to be done to accomplish what we all want and, as we know, our government often moves at a snail's pace.

The time will come........keep hoping.

Delilah
http://peace4missing.ning.com

It was a failure as we did not move to round two. We should have had the support to do it. It was just not that much to ask of anyone, but we were unable to obtain the numbers needed. Even within the cause itself, people could not be bothered to take a few minutes to do this. That is perplexing to me.

But, reading my note of last night, and for those who know me well, understand that I don't give up, ever, and won't. I know that people took notice and people were educated. It WAS a failure and it IS steps forward, even though small. I am a realist and optimist at the same time. We will win this battle with time and support.

Happy New Year to all.

I'm so sorry, Kelly. I did vote last night; it was still accepting votes but I guess it was too late by then. Bless you for all you do.:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500