GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

Much more at link.

"According to a search of Nebraska court records Lopez is not listed as having any prior extensive criminal history."

So, does he have priors elsewhere? Did he just wake up and decide he was going to assault and murder his step daughter? I mean, I am very puzzled by this crime.

I am assuming the crime scene is the truck? This is awful.

That is Premeditation!

Woohoo! I got something right! LOL

Seriously, though, before joining WS I thought that premeditation meant that the murderer had to have some sort of "plan" in place for the murder. I didn't realize that premeditation could occur on the spot. It was on some case a long time ago that I learned the true definition of premeditation and I was really surprised!

"According to a search of Nebraska court records Lopez is not listed as having any prior extensive criminal history."

So, does he have priors elsewhere? Did he just wake up and decide he was going to assault and murder his step daughter? I mean, I am very puzzled by this crime.

Well, i remember in one of the first articles, they mentioned the family used to live in Wyoming and they were thinking of extending the search there.....
Maybe he has a record there?

This could simply mean he has controlled his "urges" up until now, or that he has not been caught...

Many thanks to the rancher that alerted the LE about the area where Kerra was found.
From the release that was given, I didn't get the impression that he discovered the body itself. I am thinking that the rancher saw some buzzards or vultures circling an area. He may have followed up to see if it was one of his cattle and from a distance saw the clothing and suspected the worst.

I agree. It is very puzzling. The only thing I can think of as a motive to murder her is if she threatened to tell on him. He may have been sexually assaulting her for a while. I have a nagging feeling the school was onto him also or at the very least suspicious of certain things going on in the home. Is that why they haven't cleared mom yet? I wonder how many times Kerra missed school in the last few years? :(

This really sad..it seems everyday I wake up and say to myself ..Do I want to sign in WS,b/c I just know there is going to be other child or adult missing...and everyday I say yes..why?? b/c these innocent people need us.I am not a good sleuther,but I have seen some people do some amazing things on here and I am in awe of them..I am sure a lot of the victim"s families are grateful to all of you who-send your love and compassion and heart felt prayers to them and their missing loved one!
I know we are heartbroken over all of these children and yes they have become angels way to soon..but please keep in mind..it just might be your question,idea or post that catches a kidnapper/killer or finds a missing person!! All of the missing and unidentified need you here!!!
R I P KERRA!

This really sad..it seems everyday I wake up and say to myself ..Do I want to sign in WS,b/c I just know there is going to be other child or adult missing...and everyday I say yes..why?? b/c these innocent people need us.I am not a good sleuther,but I have seen some people do some amazing things on here and I am in awe of them..I am sure a lot of the victim"s families are grateful to all of you who-send your love and compassion and heart felt prayers to them and their missing loved one!
I know we are heartbroken over all of these children and yes they have become angels way to soon..but please keep in mind..it just might be your question,idea or post that catches a kidnapper/killer!! All of the missing and unidentified need you here!!!

Excellent post, SyraKelly! :clap:

:maddening:

Just got home and saw the heading and was praying this was an accident this time. It wasn't. I'm so angry I can't even post yet.

WHY?????????????????

:tears:

WOW, BRAVO LE. They are doing an amazing job- sweet Kerra was found yesterday with absolutely no leaks? Honestly I bow down to LE. Think how hard this must be for them... :cry:

HI all it is 10 am here in Australia and when I went to bed last night they said she hadnt been found.

First of all RIP Kerra........I really do wish mums would be so careful who they bring into their childrens lives, there is just way too much of this going on.

2ndly re no leaks, there was actual rumors posted on facebook that she had been found at Morrill (where she was found) these were jumped on really quick and then the police said for people not to volunteer to search. It all makes sense doesnt it.

Just another example of what the public doesnt know. I know alot of people hate rumors on facebook and in comments, but so many times they end up being correct, really it is the modern form of gossip.

It must be hard now for the police to control situations, I still am on the fence whether social networking in cases of crime is a good or bad thing.

This could simply mean he has controlled his "urges" up until now, or that he has not been caught...

I agree with you clu.

Also, a sex crime may not have been the motive for her murder. It might just be something he did either prior to or after the murder.

We all know that sexual assault (rape included) isn't a crime that involves sexual desire. It is a crime of violence, agression and power. It is used to degrade the victim. It is usually about power, control, rage, and some of them get satisfaction from causing pain in a female (or same gender).

That's getting way too deep into it---he may have been a pedophile but then again he may not have been a pedophile. He might have been taking whatever anger, rage or agression he was feeling about other areas in his life out on this baby. Because she was safe to do it to, she was smaller, weaker and defenseless.

These crimes are so psychological they give me the ebbie jebbies and I don't delve too deeply into sex assaults of children. It's not something I can handle well.

JMHO

Many thanks to the rancher that alerted the LE about the area where Kerra was found.
From the release that was given, I didn't get the impression that he discovered the body itself. I am thinking that the rancher saw some buzzards or vultures circling an area. He may have followed up to see if it was one of his cattle and from a distance saw the clothing and suspected the worst.

Lopez worked for Pathfinder Irrigation District as a "ditch rider" (according to his facebook page). Not sure what his duties entailed (I live in Cali, never heard of a ditch rider) but maybe he he was familiar with the area because of his job?

http://www.pathfinderirrigation.com/policies.html

My thought was the rancher either saw Lopez' truck in an area someone should not have been, or he found tire tracks leading to the edge of that ravine. As a rancher, he would know what was out place on the property.

Just a few thoughts.

Unfortunately the first time I heard about a ditch rider was in the Kayleah Wilson case (yes, another young "Wilson" girl, 12 years old), here on WS, from about a year and a half ago, in Greeley Colorado. She ended up being murdered too and she was found by a ditch rider. :(

So it's official...you couldn't pay me to be a ditch rider!

HI all it is 10 am here in Australia and when I went to bed last night they said she hadnt been found.

First of all RIP Kerra........I really do wish mums would be so careful who they bring into their childrens lives, there is just way too much of this going on.

2ndly re no leaks, there was actual rumors posted on facebook that she had been found at Morrill (where she was found) these were jumped on really quick and then the police said for people not to volunteer to search. It all makes sense doesnt it.

Just another example of what the public doesnt know. I know alot of people hate rumors on facebook and in comments, but so many times they end up being correct, really it is the modern form of gossip.

It must be hard now for the police to control situations, I still am on the fence whether social networking in cases of crime is a good or bad thing.

I hear ya. Last night I said to self "self - the step-daddy never dropped her off, and prolly killed her". Of course I couldn't say that! The only place I wouldn't let my mind go to was that he sexually assaulted her too. Monster!

Sometimes you just feel your hinky meter and know deep down what's really going on. When I heard she was last seen with step-daddy I said "uh oh".

I'm so sad....

Mel

:maddening:

Just got home and saw the heading and was praying this was an accident this time. It wasn't. I'm so angry I can't even post yet.

WHY?????????????????

:tears:

bbm

same here. I am speechless.

rest in peace Kerra.

OMG watching the presser made me bawl my eyes out. Lt. Bartling is one class act. I just wanted to hug her when she was standing up there crying telling us of finding Kerra and talking about her school. Thank you so much for your hard work Lt. Bartling.

That made me cry too. Thank you, God, for people like Lt. Bartling who are committed to helping to solve these crimes. Please bless her and her co-workers so that they may recover from what they have seen and go on to continue their good work.

I know we are heartbroken over all of these children and yes they have become angels way to soon..but please keep in mind..it just might be your question,idea or post that catches a kidnapper/killer or finds a missing person!! All of the missing and unidentified need you here!!!
R I P KERRA!

Beautifully said Syra. Brought tears to my eyes. In a good way :) Thank you.

What is a ditch rider?

"DITCH RIDER"
Job Description and Jobs

Controls irrigation system to convey water to farms in assigned area, according to rights, or as instructed by WATER CONTROL SUPERVISOR (waterworks) or other officials, for irrigating fields and crops: Contacts water users to determine quantity of water needed, and time and duration of delivery.

Computes and requisitions quantity of water required. Operates gates, checks, turnouts, and wasteways to regulate waterflow into canals and laterals (individual supply ditches). Measures or estimates diversions of water from canals and to water users, and calculates and records quantities delivered for use in computing charges to farmers. Patrols assigned area by foot, horseback, or motor vehicle to detect leaks, breaks, weak areas, or obstructions and damage to irrigation system. Removes debris and makes emergency repairs to banks, structures, gates, and canal roads. Fills holes and exterminates rodents. Writes reports and records daily deliveries, number of users, amount of water used, and other data required by law or company. May prepare reports on condition of system and equipment, and replacements or repairs needed. May supervise crew workers cleaning ditches, raising ditch banks, repairing concrete and wooden structures, erecting fences and gates, and other maintenance work after irrigating season has passed. May take annual crop census and make weed and other surveys. May patrol canal at night to determine that water is flowing in prescribed volume into users' ditches.

http://dot-job-descriptions.careerplanner.com/DITCH-RIDER.cfm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back