GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

I'm still getting a hinky feeling regarding the mother. School calls mother around noon to alert her Kerra wasn't at school, but yet it wasn't reported to the police until 3pm, by her grandmother!! Why didn't her mother immediately contact the police?

According to the arrest affidavit, school authorities had contacted the mother and inquired into the reason as to why the girl didn’t show up for school. It has been revealed that Wilson’s grandmother reported her missing at 3 p.m., hours after Lopez said he dropped the girl off at 8 a.m.

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/23/news/local_news/doc4e7d02a006b5f779687005.txt

I would really like to know if the stepfather was at work on Wednesday!

One day I will sign onto Websleuths and find good news. Not today.....but someday. God bless, beautiful child.

One day I will sign onto Websleuths and find good news. Not today.....but someday. God bless, beautiful child.

Take heart, kgeaux. While this case, and admittedly many more, don't have a positive outcome, have a look at the recent (a week or two ago) Kienan Hebert case. This 3 year old was kidnapped by a convicted sexual offender. He was missing. What were the chances of a postive outcome?

Guess what?! The abductor returned this little child to his home several days later, apparently unharmed, after a plea by the parents and LE. Truly one of the happiest moments here on WS since I joined!

The message? don't give up hope. You just never know.

It was as I feared. I teach 3rd grade. I just loved on all my kiddos today and prayed long and hard that they are safe within their own homes. I feel so deeply for Kerra's teacher and the children in her class. How do you respond to the pain and confusion? Answer questions you yourself are asking? Try to bring normalcy and stop second guessing every 'clue' you may have missed? nightmarish

Rest peacefully Kerra. I didn't think you had made it to school that day but still hoped that you would be found alive.

May justice be swift and severe. Tears of sadness for you on this night.

I was just looking at the outpouring of love and emotion and devotion on the FB site
https://www.facebook.com/RIPKerraWilson and I was overwhelmed.
Then I thought to myself... why can't we honor each other every day with this kind of love and respect?
RIP dear sweet Kerra. You're flying with the angels and we will always have a place in our hearts for you

I'm still getting a hinky feeling regarding the mother. School calls mother around noon to alert her Kerra wasn't at school, but yet it wasn't reported to the police until 3pm, by her grandmother!! Why didn't her mother immediately contact the police?

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/23/news/local_news/doc4e7d02a006b5f779687005.txt

I would really like to know if the stepfather was at work on Wednesday!

Kuxhausen says the school treated Wilson's situation as a standard absent child, waiting initially for the parent to call before contacting Wilson's mother Amanda Lopez at noon. Lopez and the stepfather met with Kuxhausen at 2 p.m. and authorities were contacted shortly thereafter.

http://kneb.com/news/index.php?more=sp6utynp
Kerra Wilson was last seen Tuesday evening with her grandparents
http://www.kgwn.tv/story/15534631/stepfather-arrested-in-girls-death

They call Mom at noon. It takes two hours for AL & SL to get to the school, then another hour for the Grandmother to report her missing. The lapses in time are not adding up.

Not to mention I keep seeing the quote that Kerra was last seen with her Grandparents Tuesday night. In some stories it says last seen by anyone other than SL. Was Mom out of town or did she work a graveyard shift? Where were the younger siblings during all of this?

I am grateful they found Kerra's body before most of the forensic evidence could be lost from exposure to the elements. This should make it much easier for the state to prove their case against the SF. Even though he apparently confessed, I imagine when it comes time to face the music he will plead not guilty or try to cop a plea deal to save his sorry hide.

RIP little Kerra.

I am relieved she was found so quickly. It is horrible to think of the missing children who are still probably out there somewhere, in woods or fields or water, maybe never to be found.

According to the FB site there will be coverage of the updated story, the vigil that took place in mitchell tonight and interviews on KOTA territory news at 10 PM tomorrow

They call Mom at noon. It takes two hours for AL & SL to get to the school, then another hour for the Grandmother to report her missing. The lapses in time are not adding up.

Not to mention I keep seeing the quote that Kerra was last seen with her Grandparents Tuesday night. In some stories it says last seen by anyone other than SL. Was Mom out of town or did she work a graveyard shift? Where were the younger siblings during all of this?

Hm. If I knew my child was dropped off at school, and I got a routine call from the school notifying me that my child was marked absent that morning, I don't think I'd panic. In my life, that happens quite frequently - for some reason, my kids have been marked absent when they were there exactly where they were supposed to be. OR, they got sick in PE and sent to the nurse's office, where they are now asleep on one of the beds. My kids have been counted absent many times, and it's always been fine. If the mother fully believed - in good faith - that her daughter was dropped off at the door of the school, I don't think she should be faulted for not panicking.

I had a real bad feeling about this one from the beginning.
Something tells me this precious angel did not have a chance. :cry:

RIP Kerra :heartbeat:

jmho

There are NO words to describe how sick I am of reading about cases like this!! Every single day, there's another one. It makes me feel powerless and furious and incredibly, unbelievably sad.

What do we have to do to make this (self editted) stop?!

Hm. If I knew my child was dropped off at school, and I got a routine call from the school notifying me that my child was marked absent that morning, I don't think I'd panic. In my life, that happens quite frequently - for some reason, my kids have been marked absent when they were there exactly where they were supposed to be. OR, they got sick in PE and sent to the nurse's office, where they are now asleep on one of the beds. My kids have been counted absent many times, and it's always been fine. If the mother fully believed - in good faith - that her daughter was dropped off at the door of the school, I don't think she should be faulted for not panicking.

Ive gotten calls a few times my daughter was marked absent.I made them call down to the class and confirm, all was well thank GOD.Alot of times kids are late (like mine was) and she just slipped into class.
I did panic. I cant help it, I read things like this and you cant be too careful, but within 5 minutes i knew she was ok. If she wasnt there, 911 would have been immediatly called.

I am relieved she was found so quickly. It is horrible to think of the missing children who are still probably out there somewhere, in woods or fields or water, maybe never to be found.

It is horrible, I hate to even think about it. So horrific, these innocent angels. RIP Kerra, your in my prayers

OK 2 things :furious:

Why the F*%%*^&%$# can't these guys let the children live, and take their #^$&%**&Y&Y selves and run far away .. to another country, disappear!???

WHY kill them ?????? :furious:

Second: I know it's not legal, or out there ... but we NEED citizens to sit/walk around the schools, and make sure all are inside safely. The same for school bus stops/pick-ups, and many other areas, situations!

We can't keep talking about it, we need to DO it.

LE won't allow it, doesn't want it, disagrees with it, yada yada yada, and our children keep on being taken, and killed!!!!!!!!!

:furious:

OK 2 things :furious:

Why the F*%%*^&%$# can't these guys let the children live, and take their #^$&%**&Y&Y selves and run far away .. to another country, disappear!???

WHY kill them ?????? :furious:

Second: I know it's not legal, or out there ... but we NEED citizens to sit/walk around the schools, and make sure all are inside safely. The same for school bus stops/pick-ups, and many other areas, situations!

LE won't allow it, doesn't want it, disagrees with it, yada yada yada, and our children keep on being taken, and killed!!!!!!!!!

:furious:

That wouldn't have helped in this case though. The poor girl didn't even get to school.
RIP Kerra.

<modsnip>. That sort of thing is done at a number of schools that I know of by parents and community helpers. Your local school might even have that sort of thing already and you can just join up and help out. Depending on where you live, there might be minimal requirements such as a TB test or fingerprint check (both of which are trivial). You could even be a crossing guard or yard supervisor, which requires minimal time commitment and you get paid. I'm fairly involved at my son's school and it's rewarding (and of course you get to know all the teachers, parents, and kids). You don't need to be some Guardian Angel action hero, just being "around" is wonderful.

So do it. Don't complain that others are not doing it. YOU do it. "If not you, who? If not now, when?" I'm not calling you out; I'm trying to inspire you (and anyone else who feels the same way) to action.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back