NE - Omaha Double Murder #3 - *Arrest Made*

It REALLY makes you wonder if there have been other, previous killings. I mean, your first murder is an innocent child who HAPPENED to be home instead of your intended victim? I find that a little hard to swallow.

Not to mention, he pulled it off with enough polish that many speculated it was a professional hit. I definitely believe he had a fair amount of practice leading up to that...he has ice water in his veins.

I can't even begin to say how relieved I am to know that some scum has finally been arrested for these horrific crimes. I have agonized with the best of our posters, constantly hoping and praying that someone would have to be caught for these horrific crimes. With the limited amount of information, and years of speculation, I applaud this task force for bringing this sicko in. I don't really care much about his final outcome, trial, delays, or whatever. His certain arrest, and the fact that he will never walk the streets again bring feelings of jubilance. This task force should be applauded, and never disbanded. They were able to pull together, and find someone who obviously was intelligent, and sly enough to avoid detection for oh so long. I hope that they receive the kudos that their perseverence and collective intelligence deserve. Please continue to work on the most frustrating cases. Stay together, and allow this intelligent group of individuals to continue to work together nationwide. Much love to Snick, Waltzingmatilda, and everyone else who would not let this case grow cold. I am so in awe, and impressed, I just say Thank You!

With Much Love, and Adoration,
SS : )

I think it was maybe Snick who said the killer made a huge mistake killing the Brumbacks (as if he didn't think anyone would connect the two crimes). That's exactly right. At that moment, LE had to know the killer was known to both Dr. Hunter and Dr. Brumback. No more Internet or video game theories, etc. They only had to go back as far as Brumback's arrival at Creighton to find a disgruntled associate known to both men. I can only imagine the look on someone's face when they found out Garcia drove a silver CR-V.

Sadly, I fear MB's career may have been irreparably harmed by these events. I can't help but think Calgary's response to the the autopsy controversy (protection for his co-workers, etc) was fueled by rumors out of Omaha. Those details and the fact that he was interviewed by Omaha detectives fueled a small media frenzy. We'll probably never know the full story but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me in light of this arrest.

Good Morning everyone! Here's a link to today's OWH article. Lot's of new info on AG's movements.

http://www.omaha.com/article/201307...ure-in-omaha-haunted-garcia-throughout-career

I have a question. Would AG's license to practice in NE have been revoked due to his termination at CU? Thanks.

No: as a resident he would only have had a training license, and those routinely end when the individual leaves the program for whatever reason. Unless something egregious has happened, it is not formally revoked.

Touching editorial cartoon in this mornings World Herald:

http://www.omaha.com/section/opinion

There must have been a huge amount of pent up emotion being held back re these murders in the community- the floodgates have opened in the past 48 hours.

Garcia enrolled in a psychiatry residency at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center. On Feb. 27, 2008, the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners wrote to Garcia informing him that he may not possess the necessary qualifications for medical licensure because he did not report that he did not complete the pathology programs at Creighton or UIC.

Garcia left the institution the next day, records show.

About two weeks later, on March 13, 2008, the bodies of Thomas Hunter and Sherman were found.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...charges-doctor-20130717,0,312762.story?page=2

Tapping my fingers waiting for the extradition hearing. Watching in KETV live feed.

Wow! This is the first I've heard of the arrest. Been tied up with other cases.

Good greif! He killed the Hunter's son and housekeeper as revenge?

This guy is truly sick.

May justice be swift and complete!

JMHO
fran

PS... fwiw, the town the suspect is from, Walnut, California, is NOT rich! I have no idea where they get that from other than wikipedia which referred to it as 'affluent.' But for California, it's average, IMHO. The home value of $650K isn't all that much for California. imho, fran

http://www.ketv.com/news/omaha-nebr...den/-/20195008/21017432/-/2ro219/-/index.html

I wonder if this couple have any idea how inflamed things are here and what they are getting into. It wouldn't shock me to see all kinds of cute tricks employed, perhaps requesting endless psych exams, change of venue, etc.
I know the man is entitled to a defense, assuming they have good evidence I would think they ought to be focusing on saving his sorry life rather then acting like this, right out of the chute..

I'd really like to know what evidence they have. ... Probably DNA maybe from both scenes.

Snick, I am sure we will see all the smoke and mirrors from the defense for this jack leg. They will do everything they can to delay AG's inevitable fate because that is what defense attys do.

I watched the hearing this morning and his profile looks very similar to the composite sketch. (Kudos to the sketch artist.) I wish we had a booking photo of his profile.

Snick, I am sure we will see all the smoke and mirrors from the defense for this jack leg. They will do everything they can to delay AG's inevitable fate because that is what defense attys do.

I watched the hearing this morning and his profile looks very similar to the composite sketch. (Kudos to the sketch artist.) I wish we had a booking photo of his profile.

I understand these attorneys or at least the firm they are with, defended John Wayne Gacy. Garcia has the best..

One personal note, I will be away on vacation starting Friday until at least the 28th. I think the thread has enough participants to carry things. I will be outside the reach of US media and can't say I will miss it much. I think I will enjoy my trip much more now that I know this guy is behind bars.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back