NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged w/ soliciting prostitution in Florida spa, Feb 2019 *CLEARED*

Why am I not the tiniest bit surprised that Kraft goes scott free??? Wonder how much $$$ was involved in this decision. He is the owner of a team known to be involved in many cheating scandals in the NFL I guess money talks. IMO

Sounds like the Bible story, when Pharisees brought the "woman caught in adultery to be stoned" and Jesus was there. Scholars point out (not included in the story) that the Sadducees were there, too.

The Pharisees wanted Jesus to condemn the woman.
The Sadducees wanted Jesus to say "where is the man???"

I'm siding with the Sadducees this morning, yeah boy.

Disgusted with the courts siding with the rich old guy, as @Reasonable & Just points out.

jmho ymmv lrr

No surprise here. It is a rebound of the "haves, have nots" that many have tried to undo. Here we are again. She pays, he gets off--physically and legally with no consequences.

Yeah, I was thinking it was less about male and female and more about rich and poor. She probably could have gotten that overturned if she had $100,000 for legal fees. In all honesty, this whole thing seems like overreach from LE. Two consenting adults exchanging money for sex. Happens a million different, more subtle ways.

How much time and money was spent on this to end up getting a fine from the poor person? Don't these officers and prosecutors have more serious things to pursue?

Perhaps this jurisdiction hasn't read the scholarship:

Findings suggest a need to reevaluate the criminal legal response to people arrested for prostitution-related charges.

https://www.urban.org/sites/default...451/consequences-of-policing-prostitution.pdf

Increased attention towards human trafficking in the last several decades has shined the light on the moral and practical problem of punishing only one side of a transaction that often involves subjugation of the worker, if not outright trafficking.

Are prostitutes and "johns" punished equally?

Or the news:

Opinion | To end sex trafficking, stop arresting sex workers

Targeting Sex Buyers, Not Sex Sellers: Arresting Demand for Prostitution | Independent Lens | PBS

but we knew that. Now the links & info are available for future use, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back