NE NE - Ryan Larsen, 11, with autism, La Vista, 17 May 2021

Would that mean that the Find Ryan page was set up that soon after he was said to be missing? Any chance her picture came first and then appeared on the FB page? I figure it doesn't matter now that she was unable to help.
My guess is a family member or friend uploaded the picture to Ryan's FB page (taken of him prior to disappearance), and this lady did a screenshot to her phone. It's not a bad idea to have on your phone for reference if you are out and about in the area and see someone who may resemble him. Strictly a guess...

Human remains have been found approximately 57 miles from La Vista, Nebraska. The remains were deliberately covered with an object to obscure it from detection. The remains have been positively identified, however the name is currently being withheld until next of kin have been notified. The name of the deceased is expected to be released the following day. Here is the link to the news story: Sheriff: Preliminary Autopsy results have identified the deceased located Thursday at Pawnee Lake.
I also personally suspect that this case may be related to that of missing 11-year-old Xavior Harrelson of Montezuma, Iowa, which, according to my search on Google Maps, is exactly a 3-hour drive straight down Interstate-80.

Last edited:
I think it’s more than likely Carly just based on proximity

Human remains have been found approximately 57 miles from La Vista, Nebraska. The remains were deliberately covered with an object to obscure it from detection. The remains have been positively identified, however the name is currently being withheld until next of kin have been notified. The name of the deceased is expected to be released the following day. Here is the link to the news story: Sheriff: Preliminary Autopsy results have identified the deceased located Thursday at Pawnee Lake.
I also personally suspect that this case may be related to that of missing 11-year-old Xavior Harrelson of Montezuma, Iowa, which, according to my search on Google Maps, is exactly a 3-hour drive straight down Interstate-80.

This blows my mind- average test score 14.94%. What is going on at this school? He had to have left for a very good reason in his mind. He would know leaving is against the rules. La Vista West Elementary School
I thought you might be interested in my post from Jun 1 - if not, no worries:

I cannot speak to Ryan's district, but my ex-wife works in a nearby district as a Paraprofessional, and if this had happened there, I would not have been surprised - apathy is probably the best word I can use. It's all about budget - that is the "go to excuse" when teachers bring up the need for more help in the classrooms. More time is spent dealing with violent and disrespectful kids that those kids who behave or are on the spectrum are left by the wayside - and this is kindergarten. Paying an administrator a six figure salary with a $1500/mo. car allowance meanwhile berating a $11/hr Para for spending an extra 15 minutes on the clock on an occasional day is illogical - the Para cannot just check out at the same time each and every day. There are kids that need to go to the nurse, the office, are on the playground with an already reduced number of staff present, etc. To be expected to just walk away at a preset time during chaos is negligent in my mind. But that was the direction given - clock out on time or else! It is horrible that something like this needs to happen for changes to be made. It will be interesting to see what reasoning is offered up by the district regarding how he could just leave without being noticed.

I’m so relieved the body at Pawnee Lake wasn’t Ryan but don’t know why. Realistically, his body just hasn’t been found yet. This breaks my heart. I hope beyond hope this little guy is hiding out with a good supply and is just staying hidden despite all odds.

I’m so relieved the body at Pawnee Lake wasn’t Ryan but don’t know why. Realistically, his body just hasn’t been found yet. This breaks my heart. I hope beyond hope this little guy is hiding out with a good supply and is just staying hidden despite all odds.
I'm also concerned that Ryan may have been the victim of a mobile predator. After Ryan went missing, only about a 3 hour drive up Interstate-80 in Montezuma, Iowa, another 11-year-old, Xavior Harrelson went missing. Two eleven-year-old boys similar in appearance and with relatively close proximity vanishing is almost identical fashion makes me fear that there may be some mobile serial child predator at work.

This blows my mind- average test score 14.94%. What is going on at this school? He had to have left for a very good reason in his mind. He would know leaving is against the rules. La Vista West Elementary School

There is nothing wrong with his school. I have no idea what the deal is with the ranking on that site, but it's a very safe area and the district is known for being a very good one. This isn't some sketchy inner-city school. It's basically the suburbs. I guarantee he felt safe and was getting a good education. His particular school is ranked last in the school district because most of the rest of the area to the south and west is very affluent, while his neighborhood is solidly average.

My husband is a teacher in a different district (and has taught in almost all of them) and my kids go to yet another district. There are schools I'd be happy with my kids attending and schools I'd avoid. I would have zero issues with my kids going to his elementary school.

I thought you might be interested in my post from Jun 1 - if not, no worries:

I cannot speak to Ryan's district, but my ex-wife works in a nearby district as a Paraprofessional, and if this had happened there, I would not have been surprised - apathy is probably the best word I can use. It's all about budget - that is the "go to excuse" when teachers bring up the need for more help in the classrooms. More time is spent dealing with violent and disrespectful kids that those kids who behave or are on the spectrum are left by the wayside - and this is kindergarten. Paying an administrator a six figure salary with a $1500/mo. car allowance meanwhile berating a $11/hr Para for spending an extra 15 minutes on the clock on an occasional day is illogical - the Para cannot just check out at the same time each and every day. There are kids that need to go to the nurse, the office, are on the playground with an already reduced number of staff present, etc. To be expected to just walk away at a preset time during chaos is negligent in my mind. But that was the direction given - clock out on time or else! It is horrible that something like this needs to happen for changes to be made. It will be interesting to see what reasoning is offered up by the district regarding how he could just leave without being noticed.
Thank you. I have avoided this thread as it was my worst nightmare when my sons ( 1 in particular ) were kids. My husband is a veteran teacher and his jaw is still on the floor. A car allowance? 11 bucks an hour for a para?

I'm also concerned that Ryan may have been the victim of a mobile predator. After Ryan went missing, only about a 3 hour drive up Interstate-80 in Montezuma, Iowa, another 11-year-old, Xavior Harrelson went missing. Two eleven-year-old boys similar in appearance and with relatively close proximity vanishing is almost identical fashion makes me fear that there may be some mobile serial child predator at work.

I respectfully disagree, these are very different scenarios. Ryan is 5’8 and autistic and ran away from school. He may be hiding, he may have hid and gotten stuck and died, I am not saying he hasn’t been murdered, obviously that’s always a possibility but seems less likely.

In Xaviors case (I just did a quick read over on his thread) it seems pretty clear he’s been murdered, most likely by his mother.

I have a hard time believing that the school environment being bad/toxic would be a reason for him to run (as has been speculated by other posters). There are many other, less drastic measures he could have taken. He could have called out sick, or had his parents call out. His parents could have pulled him from school and home-schooled, or transferred, or something. He didn't have to disappear if that was the reason.

A few years ago a little boy who was autistic ran from school. Avonte aquendo was his name, a very big case here in ny. Unfortunately his body was found in the east river a few months later. We know these kids are really attracted to water, this probably will be the case here if bodies of water are around. Dear Ryan lead them to where you are.

There is nothing wrong with his school. I have no idea what the deal is with the ranking on that site, but it's a very safe area and the district is known for being a very good one. This isn't some sketchy inner-city school. It's basically the suburbs. I guarantee he felt safe and was getting a good education. His particular school is ranked last in the school district because most of the rest of the area to the south and west is very affluent, while his neighborhood is solidly average.

My husband is a teacher in a different district (and has taught in almost all of them) and my kids go to yet another district. There are schools I'd be happy with my kids attending and schools I'd avoid. I would have zero issues with my kids going to his elementary school.

Respectfully, I don’t think anyone could guarantee he felt safe. It only takes one person to make someone with no disabilities feel unsafe or feel like escaping from somewhere. People with autism process emotions and personal interactions differently and quite uniquely. I know one adult who is very high functioning with autism who became upset over a small interaction with a co-worker. He fled from work and threatened suicide over a minor misunderstanding with a coworker. We truly never know the inner thoughts of any other human, let alone those who may have difficulty processing and expressing emotions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back