Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was she acting in the videos? Did she seem comfortable with what she was doing? Was she standing back a bit, or just getting right up there looking at the items with interest?
She seemed perfectly comfortable when with AT. She went to grocery store once and Dollar General 2x by herself. Didn’t seem to have any issues buying the bleach several times, garbage bags several times and the roasting pans.
I saw no hesitation from her at any time
These people are just evil

I still have a terrible feeling about the fact that her organs and arm were never found, and they bought meat grinders and roasting pans...
Yea. The meat grinders kind of put me over the top
The arm could easily have been drug off by animal predators as several body parts were found within a few yards of an empty trash bag.

Surveillance footage of Trail & Boswell leading up to disappearance
Prosecutors follow Boswell and Trail's movements leading up to the disappearance through surveillance and phone records:

• November 14, 2017 - They check into a Lincoln hotel and Boswell goes on a date with Loofe...they allegedly drive around and smoke marijuana.
  • The next morning Boswell and Trail purchase hacksaws, drop cloths and snap-blade utility knives.
  • Investigator Robert Hurley testifies phone data puts them a block away from Loofe's apartment minutes after she leaves for work...and Boswell's phone is tracked following Loofe's route to work.
  • Trail is seen feet away from Loofe while she was working at Menards in Lincoln the afternoon she went missing...Trail appears to look back over his shoulder at Loofe.
  • Hurley says, "He came walking from the front doors and then he began to make a slight right."
  • Boswell and Trail are also seen purchasing food grinders, a weed cutter and a folding saw from Aardvark Antique Mall in Lincoln where they rented space.
  • The general manager says she's never used Clorox wipes or hacksaws on antiques.
  • She says she saw Trail and Boswell that day and say they didn't sell re-purposed antiques.
  • When asked about using tools on antiques such as saws or tin snips on antiques, Aardvark Antique mall General Manager Laurie Orman says, "You wouldn't want to use them. I mean a repurposer might do that...if they were cutting things up but if you want to keep the value...you don't want to do that."
  • Prosecutors say they also bought trash bags and more cleaning supplies from Dollar General hours before Sydney Loofe was killed on the 15th and it was no accident.
Bbm
Video of some of the mentioned surveillance also at link.

I read in an
I read an article yesterday that said the crotch of the sauna suit was cut or ripped out. So possibly they used it for something in their snuff videos? No idea. I’ll try to find the link from yesterday until then/otherwise consider this post JMO
In Aubrey Trail's murder trial, FBI agent offers more details about discovery of Sydney Loofe’s body
McBride testified Wednesday that searches of ditches along the country roads north of Edgar, Nebraska, also turned up a pink sex toy (a dildo), as well as plastic sheeting smeared with blood, a pink dog leash, a Gold’s Gym “sauna suit” (a plastic suit used to enhance weight loss) and wads of duct tape.

The sauna suit, the FBI agent said, had been torn or cut at the crotch.
McBride also testified that just after the discovery of Loofe’s body, FBI agents conducted another search of the Wilber apartment shared by Trail and Boswell, looking for items that might have been used to cut up a body. Tin snips and a hatchet were found, along with a package for a sauna suit, a dog collar, more sex toys and a book entitled “The Human Body Atlas.”
Bbm

Friday, June 28th:
*Trial continues (Day 8) (@ 9am CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017, Lincoln; found Dec. 4 & 5, 2017) – only for *Aubrey C. Trail (51) charged & indicted (6/11/18) & arraigned (7/13/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains (plead guilty to this charge 6/18/19) & charged (3/1/19) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial started 6/17/19 with jury selection. Trial started on 6/18/19 & runs thru 7/8/19. Jurors: 7 women & 5 men, with 3 alternates.
Court info & Trial information from Day 1-5 (6/11/19 to 6/25/19) reference post #746 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ne-sydney-loofe-24-lincoln-15-nov-2017-3.365279/page

6/26/19 Day 6: Trail is not present in the courtroom. State witnesses: FBI special agent Eli McBride. Jurors leafed through a stack of 11 photos of pieces of Sydney’s dismembered body found in trash bags discarded along gravel roads in rural Clay County on Nov. 16, 2017, Nebraska State Patrol Lieutenant Lonnie Connelly. Stacy Furnam, with the FBI, specializes in matching fingerprints (Forensic analyst with FBI's headquarters in Quatico, Virginia). Marcy Plaza, FBI analyst (who focuses on DNA matches). Trial continues on 6/27.
6/27/19 Day 7: Trail is no present in the courtroom. State witnesses: Lincoln County Sheriff Sgt. Zimmerman (interview w/Trail). LE Robert Hurley (re tracking phone records/movements of BB). Aardvark Antique mall General Manager Laurie Orman. Trial testimony now expected to continue till July 8 with break for 4th of July. Trial continues on 6/28.
*Bailey M. Boswell (23) – Next Pretrial hearing on 8/9. Trial starts 10/25 thru 11/1/19.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
Jurors started Thursday looking at photos of more than a dozen sex toys, a leash & collar & black fuzzy handcuffs found in Aubrey Trail and Bailey Boswell’s bedroom as investigators searched for answers to how, why and where Sydney Loofe, a young Lincoln woman, had been killed.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
DNA didn’t tie any to Sydney, but it gave jurors a glimpse at the lives Trail and Boswell led & the direction the investigation into Loofe’s killing had begun to turn after her dismembered remains were found 60-miles west of town in ditches along gravel roads near Clay Center.
So none of the sex items revealed Sydney's DNA? That doesn't support the accident theory during sex with him or the accidental asphyxia either (no DNA on the leash, collar, handcuffs). Did I remember right from the autopsy, evidence of tied wrists and bruising on her back? She definitely was no willing participant like he maintains.

So none of the sex items revealed Sydney's DNA? That doesn't support the accident theory during sex with him or the accidental asphyxia either (no DNA on the leash, collar, handcuffs). Did I remember right from the autopsy, evidence of tied wrists and bruising on her back? She definitely was no willing participant like he maintains.
No none of the sex toys revealed Sydney’s DNA. This along with the purchasing of all of the supplies I’m certainly Debunks AT story about a sexual fantasy. I think the only fantasy in his mind

No none of the sex toys revealed Sydney’s DNA. This along with the purchasing of all of the supplies I’m certainly Debunks AT story about a sexual fantasy. I think the only fantasy in his mind
Any thing about them possibly videoing the murder and dismembering?

Exactly what I’m thinking!!

Letters from Aubrey Trail to Bailey Boswell found in Saline County jail in 2018
Letters from Aubrey Trail to Bailey Boswell found in Saline County jail in 2018
Saline County corrections officers intercepted several letters Trail wrote to Boswell.

One was found in the jails' library on Mar. 16, another in the recreation room on July 23.

Two letters were also found inside Boswell's cell on July 23 hidden in a book.

The letter found in the library had the phrase "I freaking love you" written on the front, along with the phrase "cut up and bag up the drugs," according to corrections officer Lindsay Schurman, who found the letter.

All of the letters found had writing on the front and back.

The one found in the recreation room was recovered early in the morning on July 23 around 7:45. It was stuck underneath the door. Trail had apparently used toothpaste to try and make it stick.
The letters found in the recreation room and in Boswell's cell were written in code.

Prosecution offered to publish these letters as evidence to the jury, but defense attorney Joe Murray objected on the basis of foundation, questioning the authenticity and relevance of the letters.

Council deliberated with District Judge Vicky Johnson behind closed doors on separate, five-minute occasions, and Johnson sustained Murray's objection.

The full content of these letters remains unclear, but prosecutor Sandra Allen said during opening statements on June 18 that Trail allegedly wrote, "here is your story,” that they planned to make a lot of money by offering “killing, torture and sex” fantasies with a group of young women they traveled with.

Trail allegedly wrote that the plan was to have no one get hurt, but “now you know it was all lies and that I planned to kill someone all along.”

1011 NOW on Twitter
Testimony was heard Friday morning from multiple workers at the Saline County jail who spoke about possible communication between Aubrey Trail and co-defendant Bailey Boswell.

Testimony focuses on coded messages possibly sent between Trail, Boswell in jail
Testimony focuses on coded messages possibly sent between Trail, Boswell in jail
For the fourth consecutive day, Aubrey Trail did not appear in Saline County court as the Sydney Loofe murder trial continued Friday.
Lindsey Sherman, who worked at the Saline County Jail during the time Trail and Boswell were being held, testified to finding a note that may have been left in the library.

Sherman said on March 9, 2018 she was inspecting the library when she found a folded up letter in a phone book that said “I fricken love you.”

During this time, Boswell was being held in the “b-pod” of the jail, while Trail being held away from other inmates and was only granted access to common areas after lock down.

B-pod inmates were given access either immediately following or before Trail.
Christina Stahl, another employee at the jail during the time, also took the stand, and stated Trail would go to the recreation area at the end of the day, and Boswell would be one of the first to go in the morning.

On July 23, 2018, jail employees did a check around the walls and underneath the doors of the common area, and found a coded note stuck to a door with toothpaste.

That day they did a shakedown of Boswell’s room as well as all women in the B-pod. More letters were found in a book in Boswell’s cell, as well as a key to figuring out the code on the letters.

Boswell did have a cell mate at the time, and all inmates had access to the common areas.

During the testimony, multiple discussions were had between the judge and council as to whether the letters could be submitted into evidence, since it is not known for sure if the letters were written by Trail or Boswell.

What the letters said was not revealed to the jurors, and the letters were not submitted as evidence.

Jake Wasikowski on Twitter
Slow start to the day in the Aubrey Trail murder trial. He choose not to come today. So far 2 Saline Co. Corrections Officers testify about letters they found Trail and Boswell passing but they couldn’t read them since they couldn’t establish who wrote them.

@3NewsNowOmaha

Paul Hammel on Twitter
Jury expected to hear Aubrey Trail’s statements to police today as his murder trial continues. Since he’s not been attending court, this will be jury’s opportunity to hear from him

Paul Hammel on Twitter
Gotta think Trail's absence might have helped him somewhat as jury saw grisly photos of Sydney Loofe’s body earlier this week. No one to shoot dirty looks at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member