SD Nearly 30 missing persons reported in South Dakota since New Year's Day

Many of these missing people are teens.
Are they suspected to be runaways or something else?
I have no idea what a "normal"number of missing people are.

JMO
It's a significant number of missing people in a relatively short amount of time in a sparsely populated state. Many are children and teenagers, and many more are indigenous. Is there a thread for missing and murdered indigenous people on WS?

I'm going to see if there are threads for any of the individuals, but in a cursory search I found very little in the news on any of the missing.

It is sad.

And also terrifying if possibly related. I say that because I just read an article last night about a serial killer in Houston in the 1970s. Many of his teen victims were labeled runaways by LE.
The article was posted by @Friday Fan here:

Post in thread 'The most notorious unsolved crime in every state' The most notorious unsolved crime in every state

I wonder if LE are considering any possible connections yet?

Wondering if any of these MP's are known to one another or have anything in common such as mutual friends etc. Who reported them missing?

From the list of names at the link, there are two names that match. Maybe siblings? Reported on the same day by the same PD. 28 people in 21 days is kind of odd. JMO.

"Missing since Jan. 14, 2023
• Delbert Bad Milk, 15, reported missing by Rapid City Police Department

• Anthony Bad Milk, 13, reported missing by Rapid City Police Department

• Kateri Two Elk, 37, reported missing by Box Elder Police Department"

It is sad.

And also terrifying if possibly related. I say that because I just read an article last night about a serial killer in Houston in the 1970s. Many of his teen victims were labeled runaways by LE.
The article was posted by @Friday Fan here:

Post in thread 'The most notorious unsolved crime in every state' The most notorious unsolved crime in every state

I wonder if LE are considering any possible connections yet?
Amazing as well is that when people talk about serial killers they mention the big three…Budy, Gacy and Dahmer. Then Berkowitz, Ridgway and Ramirez…but rarely does the TV shows mention Dean Corll. On of the most sadistic, sick and depraved individuals ever known. He managed to manipulate other teens into bringing him victims. 1 of whom finally killed Corll but because of his own actions ended up in prison for life along with another. The police totally dropped the ball on this case. Several families told police who they thought was the suspect….Corll. Almost all the victims had Corlls 2 helpers as friends or acquaintances. The police probably would never have figured it out if not for the kid that killed Corll. It’s a long horrible hole to fall down but anyone interested in serial killers should definitely read about this guy.

It shows how law enforcement do not listen to the families and brand most people over the age of 12 as ‘runaways’. If one is between 12-55 female and missing you are almost invisible to LE and add to that low socioeconomic status, person of color and/or addiction and you are invisible. I hate to have so little confidence in LE but reading and studying the missing databases from one end to the other has shown that many missing just fall through the proverbial cracks.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500