Ned's Final Theory-Lou Smit are you still reading here?

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Nedthan Johns, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Nedthan Johns

Nedthan Johns New Member

Because with the statement it would totally absolve them from anything doing with the crime. The less they say the better. But they got caught when the pineapple was found in JB's system

2. Nedthan Johns

Nedthan Johns New Member

Jubie, if your daughter wet the bed, would you have changed the sheets, but cluttered it back up with dirty clothes, misplacing the pillow at the end of bed? This woman would have been frantic, but I can't imagine her returning things that "don't belong" especailly if she were staging. JB's room to me does not appear to be "staged" The basement, train room, and wine cellar has staging written all over it. I don't believe JB wet the bed that night

3. Chrishope

Chrishope New Member

There doesn't seem to be a reason, but what we appear to have is FW and Officer French not saying a word about the chair. We need to find their interviews, possibly they did mention it. But if both say they never saw a chair, then the only explanation left is JR put it there. It could be it was there before the 911 call, he moved it, then moved it back between 7-9 (or 10). But if it wasn't there at 6am, then he must have moved it. Why? I don't know.

I'm still skeptical about the crime scene photos. If they were taken by police I'll accept that the chair was there. If taken by LS then it's just more Ramsey BS.

4. Nedthan Johns

Nedthan Johns New Member

I have to kick in here about Lou Smit. You are right he did question John about it, but he in no way presses him on it. Also, if you have seen the beginning of this interview process, it is really a travesty. It happened to come on and my son was there and he is just not into this case, certainly not the way you or I are, and he said - "look at how he is questioning him, why bother".

He may as well have said John, this is just a formality, we'll have this done in no time. I believe you are innocent and I am running this interview.

Lou Smit just does not believe they had anything to do with it and as S. Thomas said, LS had formed a close relationship with them when he should not have. His wife was going through cancer treatments at the same time as Patsy and he could relate to that. He probably is a very good detective. Just not in this case. IMO I mean I have never heard him address the inconsistencies in this case at all.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.[/QUOTE]

I agree in that respect. Lou got too close to the Ramsey's. It was a weak interview and I do agree Lou should have pressed harder. However I do not agree with the majority of people here that Lou formed an opinion early on that the Ramsey's were innocent, and I don't believe today that Lou feels that way either. I think Lou, listens and learns and what he thinks today could be entirely different then what he thought early on

5. Solace

Solace New Member

Ned, you really studied this case. I know either you or Rash or NP will find something eventually that will out and out prove it. And I will be there to applaud you. Your posts are great. They are informative and just interesting to read.

Have a great Thanksgiving. I look forward to more posts from you. Really interesting.

6. Nedthan Johns

Nedthan Johns New Member

I follow the evidence, and ALL the evidence thus far points to Patys except for the fibers from JR's shirt collar apparently being found on JB This to me could only suggest he was involved in the cover up, which I also believe to be true. He knew about the crime prior to the 911 call, but if I had to pin point down a time, I couldn’t do that. I go back to Patsy’s comment after the murder. “We didn’t mean for this to happen”. She clearly implicates John as an accomplice. Perhaps he kept telling her, its okay Patsy, you didn’t mean to do this. We will get through this.” And by all means they did. I do however have a hard time believing JR would let Patsy write that long rambling ransom note, so I tend to lean more towards him not knowing until perhaps ½ hour prior to the 911 call.

7. Solace

Solace New Member

I agree in that respect. Lou got too close to the Ramsey's. It was a weak interview and I do agree Lou should have pressed harder. However I do not agree with the majority of people here that Lou formed an opinion early on that the Ramsey's were innocent, and I don't believe today that Lou feels that way either. I think Lou, listens and learns and what he thinks today could be entirely different then what he thought early on[/QUOTE]
    Interesting that you should say that BECAUSE Andrew Hodges says in his book that Lou Smit feels differently. But I have combed the book and cannot find where he says this. He speaks of Lou but he does not out and out say it. I will take another look. But Andrew Hodges does say this about Lou Smit. But I thought Lou Smit was still trying to find an intruder.

8. Solace

Solace New Member

I agree with this also. I read that over and over "we didn't mean to do this". Could not believe it. Patsy also says to a producer of the Geraldo show "I know in my heart I did not do this". That struck me. People usually say "I know in my heart I would never mean to do this".

She did it.

9. Nedthan Johns

Nedthan Johns New Member

I know he wasn't aware of FW being down there in the morning, but did he know the cop was down there ? Why lie about a chair when an officer could easily state that it wasn't there when he searched?

Ned: Good point, that why I tend to believe he was in the basment prior to the 911 call, and he flubbed when he recalled his events of that morning.

10. Nedthan Johns

Nedthan Johns New Member

Ned, you really studied this case. I know either you or Rash or NP will find something eventually that will out and out prove it. And I will be there to applaud you. Your posts are great. They are informative and just interesting to read.

Have a great Thanksgiving. I look forward to more posts from you. Really interesting.

Ned: Thanks Solace. this is a great thought provoking thread, but i have been studying and debating this case for years, and we all have yet to come up with something concrete, however this discussion has proven to me that JR was involved in the cover up early on and I do beleive is enough to charge him in this case. Patsy is no longer here, so we need to focus on what evidence points to John Ramsey.

11. Nedthan Johns

Nedthan Johns New Member

Great thread folks. Have a wonderful Holiday weekend, see you all on Tuesday. I expect you all to have solved this damn case by then !!!! :dance:

Cheers!!

12. Solace

Solace New Member

Same to you Ned. Really good discussions this week.

13. JMO8778

JMO8778 ..at the beach!

I don't think JB made it to bed that night,either.
    In ST's book,it says manual strangulation came first,by JB's shirt collar being twisted,thus leaving the abrasions on her face by the perp's knuckles.But ...JB was found in the white gap top.Had she been strangled with that,the collar would have been obviously stretched,loose and wrinkled.There is no mention of that.
    But...JR tries very hard in DOI to account for the red turtleneck,which would likely be easier to strangle with,seeing as there is more material on a turtleneck at the top.He does it by saying PR and JB had gotten into an argument over which shirt to wear that evening..but did they really? Or did JR just say that to account for the real shirt she wore that evening(the red one) being stretched at the collar and balled up on the counter? IMO,I think he lied,another reason being PR says she wore the red shirt to bed that night.(And,since they say she never woke up upon returning from the White's,that indicates to me she wore the red shirt that night,the same one she was likely strangled in).Why is this important...b/c if JR so blantantly lied in DOI,it leaves no doubt as to the total cover-up involved in JB's death.It appears DOI was written KNOWING full well there would never be any way to dispute any lies in it,as true evidence (like the White's pics taken that evening) was surely assured to them that it would not EVER be released.

14. JMO8778

JMO8778 ..at the beach!

Sorry,that was misleading the way I said it.I didn't mean up as in over her head,I meant up as in above her head, but level with the rest of her body,as if she were lying on a bed and her arms were tied or looped around the bedpost,yet level with the rest of her body.Because one thing that doesn't make sense to me(and I know ST had to leave out a few things so as not to totally give away the case, at least that's the way the book reads in a few areas),anyway,he says PR tied JB's hands in front,not behind,or else her arms would not have been in that overhead position when she was found.He makes it sound as if her hands were tied in front,level with her waist or so.Yet,she was found with them above her head.Did I read this wrong,or was there a 2nd staging,this time with her arms moved to above her head?If so, then obvioulsy this would have to have been b/f rigor mortis set in.
    I thought maybe with the loops on the ends,they could have revised the staging to or from JB's arms being looped around something.(which was blacked out on the reports,or done b/f the last restaging).

15. Chrishope

Chrishope New Member

I'm not sure what you mean here. IMO the head blow came before the strangulation.

16. JMO8778

JMO8778 ..at the beach!

I think it was no accident either,and I voted that way.With such a huge crack in her skull,I beleive it was intentional ..a direct hit,so to speak,and done with full force.If it wasn't premediated,then in that instant it *was done with the intention of killing her,IMO.I just don't see it any other way.
    Although that doesn't mean the perp later didn't regret doing it.(Which I think was PR).
    I looked for Mark Fuhrman's opinion and he said he thought it was intentional as well.There was just too much force used and too direct a blow to convince me otherwise.

17. rashomon

rashomon Well-Known Member

Solace, where exactly does John say that he replaced the chair - could you give a link? TIA, for there's so much going on in this thread that I can hardly catch up.

ITA. And just think about the implications of all that: John Ramsey, whose daughter allegedly has been the victim of a kidnapping, not only closes a possible entrance window without mentioning this to the police, but also puts the chair back where it originally was without mentiong this to the police either!!

John was involved in the crime. No question about it imo.

Excellent point, Solace. That was probably the real reason why John was down there: to look if he had forgotten to remove evidence which might implicate him or Patsy.

18. JMO8778

JMO8778 ..at the beach!

19. coloradokares

coloradokares New Member

I agree in that respect. Lou got too close to the Ramsey's. It was a weak interview and I do agree Lou should have pressed harder. However I do not agree with the majority of people here that Lou formed an opinion early on that the Ramsey's were innocent, and I don't believe today that Lou feels that way either. I think Lou, listens and learns and what he thinks today could be entirely different then what he thought early on[/QUOTE]
    The end result was no justice for little JonBenet Ramsey. The Grand Jury was basically under the auspices of DA Alex Hunter who was persuaded to let Lou handle that aspect. End result .....we all know. If he indeed listens and learns then why in heavens name does he not speak out to seek justice instead of 9 9/10ths years of COLD Case sprinkled with illusions of intruders that cannot be proved in any way that I have yet to see.

20. 4sure

4sure New Member

Why do you take the word of FW or Officer French(was he a detective?)One is a possible suspect who looked in the body room and found nothing and the other is the cop who missed the body in the first place. You take your facts from strange places which would get torn up in court.