Needing Advice!

bluejeanbaby

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I need some advice from all you expert websleuthers.
I have a "pet-case" that I have been following for years, but since getting further involved in websleuthing/research I have really delved deeper into trying to figure out what happened to this specific person. I decided to punch their name into White Pages and it turns out that there has been a P.O. Box listed in their name, in the location that they disappeared from since the mid 2000's... This is very much them as the DOB matches, and going from yearbooks in that town there was not another person with that name or born the same year.
So my question is, what am I supposed to do with this info? Is this something I contact their LE agency about? They're not on the Doe Network so I can't bring it there.
Any advice is extremely appreciated, I'm so unsure of what to do!
Thank you!

I'm sorry I don't have the knowledge to give you any advice as I'm still pretty new to websleuthing like you. But I do applaud you for bringing the situation here and reaching out for help deciding what you should do.

Also! What was the outcome of that situation? Did they follow up with you quickly or even consistently? Was the MP alive?

No, they didn't follow up after the initial acknowledgement, but the person's page was down in a couple of weeks.

There was another case I followed where the seemingly alive person turned out to be a case of identity theft...

No, they didn't follow up after the initial acknowledgement, but the person's page was down in a couple of weeks.

There was another case I followed where the seemingly alive person turned out to be a case of identity theft...
Wow! That goes to show the haters that all our efforts are going to a good cause though! A little nervewracking but I'm gonna reach out to the Namus Coordinator tomorrow and wish for the best. Hopefully he was just a runaway and is out there like the rest of us right now--thank y'all for your help! I hope that I see his Websleuths thread closed and resolved pretty darn soon.

Wow! That goes to show the haters that all our efforts are going to a good cause though! A little nervewracking but I'm gonna reach out to the Namus Coordinator tomorrow and wish for the best. Hopefully he was just a runaway and is out there like the rest of us right now--thank y'all for your help! I hope that I see his Websleuths thread closed and resolved pretty darn soon.

Fingers crossed, good luck, and thank you for caring.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back