Nejame to represent GA and CA but not Casey

Reported on WFTV just now, Mark Nejame will be representing the grandparents but not taking over Casey's case. Also, he wouldn't say if he'd work pro bono but said that there would be donations to their case.

Wait--he thinks people are going to DONATE?!? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Oh oh oh, I am not so sure that the Anthony's are worried about being charged with anything. I just read the wftv article about this lawyer. I believe he is going to be one of those lawyers that threatens lawsuits over anyone that says negative remarks about the Anthony's. Remember the lawyer that Ramsey's hired that was always threatening to sue? I forget his name. He was also a well known lawyer. They hired him to protect their image and I think thats what the Anthony's are doing with this lawyer.

from www.wftv.com

Nejame said he would not be taking over Casey's case, but instead would be representing George and Cindy Anthony. He said, if he steps in, he would help deal with the negative publicity.

Eyewitness News also talked to Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, about the situation and he said he thinks George and Cindy Anthony need an attorney because right now "they are being vilified on TV."

Eyewitness News asked Nejame if it would be a pro bono case and he would only say he did not want to talk about finances; however there would be some people contributing to the fund.

I agree that "he is going to be one of those lawyers that threatens lawsuits over anyone that says negative remarks about the Anthony's."

Casey hasn't even been charged with the disappearance of her daughter (yet?), so I don't believe that G&C will be charged with anything (yet?).

Every night my husband comes home and asks "did they find the baby?" And everynight I say no, not yet, but you will never believe what happened today. Then I have to pick his jaw up off the floor.:banghead:

Mind you, he is a sargeant in corrections......in a supermax and has seen it all....literally.

Pretty much the same thing at my house. My hubby and kids are starting to ask me how "my case" is going. :rolling:

Maybe I need to step away from the t.v and computer. :banghead:

That is possible, whether the prosecuter will choose to go forward with charges is hard to say. Earlier in the case the legal mouthpieces said it would be very unlikely for a prosecuter to haul them in for that.
Yep in the beginning all the talking heads said - no way they will charge them. BUT last night on NG that one guy was adamant that CA SHOULD HAVE been charged over those pants immediately! I thought that to be telling. Plus I think GA driving that car home and cleaning it was even more heinous - HOW did he (GA) NOT KNOW that something bad had happened to BOTH KC and Caylee? Her purse in the car, that "smell" etc. How did he NOT know? Why did he drive it home and not call 911 right then and there?

Yep IMO charges are coming down and soon

Pretty much the same thing at my house. My hubby and kids are starting to ask me how "my case" is going. :rolling:

Maybe I need to step away from the t.v and computer. :banghead:

Same here, but every time I step away I miss something and then have to play catch up.

If the lawyer is to protect them because they are being "vilified" (that alone is killing me because CINDY and GEORGE have done it themselves) by the media per JB, wouldn't you hire the BEST tort lawyer in Orlando or the BEST Personal Injury lawyer? But hiring the BEST criminal defence lawyer? Something wrong with that picture.

Wait--he thinks people are going to DONATE?!? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

He should be soliciting donations from Fox News, CNN, and the local Orlando TV stations and newspapers.

They're the ones with the most financial interest in the case.

The idea that the GPs used chloroform to help clean out the car and esp. the trunk is the first time this chloroform thing makes some sense to me. I could not imagine how Casey would really know about it despite her mother being a nurse. Casey is not THAT bright, IMHO.

I'm wondering if JB advised them to do so. I am keeping everything I have crossed that they are charged with obstruction................

He's fast..
already has this on his law Firm website, "In the News" area

http://www.nejamelaw.com/mark-nejame-in-the-news/chloroform-traces-in-casey-anthony-car.htm

"NeJame wouldn't go into detail about what was discussed at the meeting. But he said the family is frustrated that the public and the media have lost focus of the search for Caylee."

I don't get it..First of all, many children missing don't get the pleasure of the personal Army this family has had trying to find this child..
Second..she doesn't want maggots, parasites and such around..the media hasn't lost focus of finding Caylee..they have only as the rest of us, look at the facts and realize that right now finding a body and bringing her to rest seems more feasible than looking for a child walking..
What is she thinking of doing? Suing the media because they aren't doing as she thinks they should do? This guy may want to back off too..

I think this new lawyer might start bringing lawsuits against some of these demonstrators too. Is that still going on at times? The protests?

Curious.... if the Anthony's admit to anything to their defense attorney (admission of guilt) does he have to tell LE? And if he doesn't tell them and defends them from a not guilty stand point, is that not considerd illegal?

PS - I work for an attorney, butits coporate law...:doh:

Yep in the beginning all the talking heads said - no way they will charge them. BUT last night on NG that one guy was adamant that CA SHOULD HAVE been charged over those pants immediately! I thought that to be telling. Plus I think GA driving that car home and cleaning it was even more heinous - HOW did he (GA) NOT KNOW that something bad had happened to BOTH KC and Caylee? Her purse in the car, that "smell" etc. How did he NOT know? Why did he drive it home and not call 911 right then and there?

Yep IMO charges are coming down and soon

Their focus at this point is probably charging Casey. Cindy and George being charged for obstruction related to a case that hasn't been heard yet is the cart before the horse.

I think this new lawyer might start bringing lawsuits against some of these demonstrators too. Is that still going on at times? The protests?

Great then we will have ACLU added to the circus

"NeJame wouldn't go into detail about what was discussed at the meeting. But he said the family is frustrated that the public and the media have lost focus of the search for Caylee."

I don't get it..First of all, many children missing don't get the pleasure of the personal Army this family has had trying to find this child..
Second..she doesn't want maggots, parasites and such around..the media hasn't lost focus of finding Caylee..they have only as the rest of us, look at the facts and realize that right now finding a body and bringing her to rest seems more feasible than looking for a child walking..
What is she thinking of doing? Suing the media because they aren't doing as she thinks they should do? This guy may want to back off too..

Also, CA and JB have been VERY vocal about LE not following up on the "thousands" of tips they personally get concerning Caylee sightings. Could they use this attorney to put any pressure on LE to spend more energy/resources on these tips and less on searching for a body?

K

They are nervous about something to have lawyer'ed up this late in the game, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria
Back