Netflix - Elisa Lam

Discussion in 'Elisa Lam' started by leaves, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Kell1

Kell1 Verified law enforcement

Always be wary of documentaries, the sole purpose sometimes is to do nothing more than create a good story.

sk716, Tippy Lynn, jash and 8 others like this.

2. Blknyellw

Blknyellw Member

Is there any info on what her sister said?

ivy97, MsBetsy and x_files like this.
  3. AGettler

AGettler Active Member

1. I don't think, in the documentary, it is mentioned whether or not the lid on the tank was commented on from someone in a helicopter. There is footage of the helicopter(s) apparently searching the roof, so I wonder if there is footage of the roof.
    2. Perhaps no one saw the lid was off (if it was). They may have had tunnel vision, trying to see a body and did not notice the lid?
    3. (tongue-in-cheek) There is a cover-up and the helicopter peeps were paid to keep quiet.

DeLorean, Pathology and x_files like this.
  4. AGettler

AGettler Active Member

What more I would like to have found by watching the documentary:

1. The position of the lid could be a key piece of evidence, so is there footage of the roof from a helicopter?
    2. What book did she buy?
    3. Were her roommates interviewed?
    4. IIRC, the pathologist mentioned scenarios that retard and accelerate decomposition, but did he say that the state of decomposition Elisa was in, could be consistent with being submerged in that tank for 19 days?
    5. The term "abuse" was used in relation to drug use. What does this mean: drugs were or could have been used but not so much that it would have had acute ill effects, no non-prescription drugs were used at all, or something else? I think they mean drugs weren't used at all, however, use of "abuse" indicates (to me), some sort of use beyond what is normal? Anyone in the know on this?

MsBetsy and x_files like this.
  5. claudicici

claudicici Well-Known Member

I just saw "Dark Waters" wow those similarities can't be coincidence IMO I believe Elisa was reenacting the movie.....

ivy97, Pathology and AGettler like this.
  6. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Did anyone ask the owner why their domain is registered to her final burial place? Was it registered prior to her death or afterward?
    The LAM-ELISE TB Test is a really strange coincidence.

Jsizzle, ginestra, jslk and 3 others like this.
  7. AGettler

AGettler Active Member

My google earth skills are rudimentary. Here is an image. Perhaps there is an image taken of the roof, by google earth, in those 19 days and it can be cleared up enough to see the position of the lid? The only questionable area that I see is circled in red. I have no idea when this image was taken, but I think one can find out somewhere in the interface.

Of these 4 tanks, can anyone id the tank where she was found?

Attached Files:

NoClouseau and MsBetsy like this.
  8. Pathology

Pathology New Member

Ok. I am convinced that the LAPD had a cover-up since a.) they "extensively" looked at the roof but didn't find the body, b.) the video was obviously altered, and c.) the one detective had an obviously fake "cry" at the end of the show that came across as cold and manipultive.

Does anyone else find it weird how during this investigation took place, one of their own LAPD turned their back on them...(odd...right???) and dropped many people from the case?

I feel like this is a link

DeLorean likes this.
  9. SerialGal

SerialGal New Member

I, too, was curious as to what books were in the box!

ivy97, x_files and charminglane like this.
  10. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

From what I remember, no drugs were found in Elisa's system other than the four that were prescribed to her. However, the ME noted low levels for the amount she was prescribed which was consistent with investigators finding more medication in her room than there should have been.

So she may not have been taking her meds regularly, or at least not taking them as prescribed, which may have contributed to her pyschosis.

All I remember about the roommates is that they complained that Elisa was strange and two days later she was given a private room.

The autopsy indicated the body was in "moderate" decomposition, greenish in color, there was skin slippage, marbling, etc, so I would assume that would be consistent with being in cold water for 19 days. I don't remember anything in the report described as unusual about being in water for that length of time. Imo

I haven't seen the documentary yet but I'm hoping to watch it this weekend.

jash, songbrd and claudicici like this.
  11. Rock306

Rock306 New Member

I was wondering why I have not heard anyone talking about a non reflection inside the elevator door from the elisa lam elevator video. Especially from the youtubers or sleuths who have traveled to the hotel and discovered some great findings? Although I have not been there, and do not have any measurements from the elevator inside wall to the outside wall, where the push buttons are located in the corridor, it seems, in the theory of her being followed, or someone waiting for elisa outside that elevator, which as far as the netfix doc is concerned, was on the 14th floor, you do not see any reflection from anyone who would be in that corridor. It's like a aluminum type wall that you can clearly see reflections from. In fact, you can see elisas feet from it every time she crosses that threshold..You never see any other reflection the entire time that door was open. Not even when she walked away. It just seemed strange to me, why nobody has brought that up

12. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes. Her sister told investigators that Elisa had gone off her medication before, and had experienced delusions and hallucinations in the past. At one point it was so bad she had to be hospitalized.

This supports the theory that she thought someone was after her and she was attempting to get away from them and hide. One of the roommates also revealed that she left notes around the room saying, "Go home," and "Go away."

Imo

jash, JMapes, TTF14 and 4 others like this.
  13. sony12

sony12 Well-Known Member

Same can literally be said about many amateur detectives on the internet. Many are in it more for the thrills than the facts.

To be honest I completely buy the idea that she was suffering a breakdown due to not taking her meds properly. The video clearly shows someone who is not in their right mind. Bipolar people who aren't properly medicated do a lot of things that don't make any sense.

14. Blknyellw

Blknyellw Member

Just finished the Netflix show. I feel like each different episode I watched I had a different opinion on what happened to her. I now believe it was definitely an accident.

ivy97, glamourkitty1922, NoSI and 6 others like this.
  15. Blanche

Blanche Well-Known Member

I think it is so sad that people still cannot see that this was someone suffering with mental illness and in a psychotic state in that elevator. All the "theories" , "conspiracies" , just look at this for what it is , a young woman who wasn't taking her meds , suffering with a severe mental illness in a strange place, she was suffering a psychotic episode and accidentally drowned. It is tragic on so many levels but it is uncomfortable viewing when so many people want to make this into an "entertaining" jaunt into a mystery or a haunting or conspiracy, which is just is not. The zest with which those you tubers etc went after that poor guy with their theories and believing they could actually solve this thing with no access to the actual facts of the case made me sick to my stomach, it could so easily have led to his suicide. Shame on them!

16. sony12

sony12 Well-Known Member

Yep. It was a good program but I don't think they should have given the YouTube personalities as much attention as they did. If their reason for putting them on the show was to indicate how over the top and toxic these people can often be you aren't going to solve that problem by giving them a lot of focus on a Netflix show. You are only going to encourage more people to throw their over the top opinions around on the internet.

John Lordan isn't terrible but pretty much all he does is pull up webpages and gives his opinions about what they say on camera. ThatChapter is entertaining but he literally just reads about cases that are largely finished already. And we don't even need to get into the hair and makeup gals who often try to plug their hair and makeup products during the videos they do.

Giving these people time on Netflix is only going to encourage more people to go by themselves a camera.

ivy97 and Blanche like this.
  17. Algo214

Algo214 Well-Known Member

I coincidentally watch some of the ones that were featured and literally not one of them ever mentioned his name at all, it was in another platform that that crap happened, a third grade forum

18. whatwhatchickenbutt

whatwhatchickenbutt New Member

19. whatwhatchickenbutt

whatwhatchickenbutt New Member

Meh. The hotel manager has a budget and only so much she can do. It's not like her target market is wealthy people, look at the # of people and ridiculousness she had to deal with on a daily basis. She gave Elisa her own bunk room. After I found out it was Bipolar 1 she had, I felt like the documentary was kind of a waste of time. In no way takes from her death, but her sister said she would get like she was in the elevator when she was off her meds. Without clear evidence or a confession, there is really no way of telling anything from she decided to skinnydip and was hiding from someone - and somebody came by and shut those latches not realizing she was in there, to who knows what. I will say a lot of this comes down to the hotel being out of compliance as I'm guessing the staff and alarms, like everything at the hotel, were run down. To be honest, as an adult I guess they couldn't do much about it, but she should not have traveled on her own without someone looking out for her. Checking in everyday was not enough. Argue with me all you like, but the ending really does prove it. Bipolar 1 is very serious and those with a history of not taking their meds is very dangerous.

ivy97, x_files, Inverloch and 6 others like this.
  20. sony12

sony12 Well-Known Member

True and people like John Lordan are at least somewhat respectable. However they are still part of the overall problem of the online sleuthing culture in that they have no credentials to be doing what they are trying to do. They literally are just a person with a computer cam who decided to start making videos.