Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her BAC was 0.02 ( sorry. typed it out wrong in my post.)

On her 5th DUI ? I would say she was not to be drinking any alcohol whatsoever as terms of a probation or something.

Websleuths cited in Wired article:

3202d77f.gif

MAKING A MURDERER GIVES THE INTERNET ITS HOTTEST CASE YET

ON NOV. 4, 2005, a member of the long-running crime-finding site Websleuths started a forum dedicated to a missing-persons case that was fascinating, despite its obscurity: A few days earlier, a young woman named Teresa Halbach had vanished after a work-related visit to Avery’s Auto Salvage, a sprawling junkyard in rural Manitowoc County, Wisconsin. Soon, the charred remains of Halbach, along with her abandoned car, were found on the property; eventually, one of the yard’s namesake workers, Steven Avery, would be arrested, tried, and convicted for Halbach’s murder, and sentenced to life in prison. “Too bad the death penalty wasn’t an option,” wrote one Websleuths user at the time, echoing the sentiment of many fellow online peers.

Nearly a decade later, though, a new Avery-obsessed thread appeared on the site—one that found many of its commenters notably more skeptical about his guilt. They discussed alternate theories, bemoaned what they saw as blatant abuses of power, and shared public-record court transcripts (some of which had been unearthed by a new and equally agitated Reddit forum) that they scoured for more info. Before long, there were about 1,200 comments on the thread—enough to necessitate a second thread, in which commenters grew even more incredulous about Avery’s case. “I am certain there was a conspiracy here,” one user noted. “Certain.”

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Wired

Comment: I am rather surprised that a technology reporter does not appear to know what a "thread" as opposed to a "forum" is. They also incorrectly cited the WM3, stating it was a case of 3 murdered teenagers, when, in fact, it was a case of a murdered little boy, and 3 teenagers, allegedly involved in Satanism, were charged, tried, and convicted. Outside of these rather glaring errors, the article is interesting.

Yes, but that gives me the creeps. We're in the basement !

If true, you are right.

I will go through that testimony again in dassey trial transcripts, but in the opening statement, this is the wording :

"the bill of sale, thecompletion of the transaction "

So maybe it was Kratz implying that the bill of sale was filled out at the other locations ?

I'll see if I can verify that by looking at the actual client statements.

No doubt, if what you are saying is true, that clears up one major red flag in regards to the appointment in my mind.

My understanding of a bill of sale is that it might be a carbon copy that says -- you paid $40 for these pictures. But maybe you are right, that they leave them a blank one for when/if the vehicle gets sold.

I'll see if I can clarify this. Thanks for noting this.

That day's two previous customers did not testify in Dassey - both attorneys stipulated to their testimony in lieu of them appearing.
See their "testimony" at this link post #1134

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ntary-on-Steven-Avery&p=12270139#post12270139

Yes, but that gives me the creeps. We're in the basement !

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also, my fave part: "enough to necessitate a second thread"

WHOA SLOW DOWN Y'ALL

Fabian was never mentioned in the post-conviction motion so I won't answer on him as the defense wasn't attempting to bring him in. Of the four that they were, I think they all could meet motive. As for opportunity, they would have to have been on the property when Teresa was. This would include CA and BD, and possibly EA. You are correct that the third prong would be difficult to meet without an investigation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabian is specifically mentioned in the Avery appeal docs. He was with Earl Avery hunting rabbits on the property in the golf cart, that had a cadaver dog hit.

Isn't that alone good enough reason to investigate him further ?

Fabian also told police Chuck Avery asked Steve if the photographer had come yet.

Lastly, another person is noted in the avery appeal docs, that I didn't notice the first time and no information other than he was one of the individuals present at the junkyard that day - Andres Martinez.

Anyone know who he is ? Maybe he seems completely innocuous next to all these other characters ?

But, still, if you are there that day, I think you should be interviewed, right ??

WHOA SLOW DOWN Y'ALL
We'll be on number three by tomorrow or Sunday.

WHOA SLOW DOWN Y'ALL

I saw someone note that they weren't going to trust this site, because it looked like it was made in 1999.

I've been here for years and I have no idea what is appropriate and allowed in cutting quotes so they are not super long... lol Usually I don't reply with quote.

I thought what I have in bold above was burned also wth. I wonder whose dna showed up on them.......

No handcuffs or leg irons were burned and none of them had any of TH's DNA on them.

They are completely irrelevant as regards to Barb for sure. Relevant for SA, but only for the limited purpose of method or scheme. Relevant as to how BD could be led to talk about such devices that LE already knew existed in his home and SA's prior to interrogating him.

I saw someone note that they weren't going to trust this site, because it looked like it was made in 1999.
OT:
Too bad....I like it....and 1999 was a good year for me. Yowza ( jealous ppl. moo)

Do you have specifics on the size of the room? How many exact searches there were? Where in the testimony did you get your information? Just curious...

It's all in the transcripts. Room dimensions - number of searches...you should try reading them. It would clear up so many of your questions.

Ok, I've reread the Convoluted Brian Alternative Suspect article a few more times, and I'll likely do another pass at the reddits on this topic to see if anything has resulted from people searching for this guy.

He deserves at the very least a name that is as interesting as Mr. BoJangles, but not sure what that would be. Some called him The German, I think. But that's a bit plain.

The article is either completely true and this guy obviously murdered halbach

or

The article is creative writing where someone pulled details from the crime such as the cans of Cherry Pepsi Cola and the arsonist aspect to explain the burning of the body.

To me, it stinks of #2 - no pun intended - but, I am going to go down the rabbit hole that is reddit one more time to at least see if it progressed beyond people claiming they have made contact with the guy, but no one is willing to name him for fear of his arsonist skills.

Question #1 for Brian is... How did you learn of this guy and his wife ?

Yeah, in this case it's the "we didn't even bother to investigate these other guys, but that's fair, right?" rule in action. Judge came across to me as biased.

That is one reason I want to see the avery transcripts so badly. I want to understand some of the rulings the judge made, and the reasons he gave for making them. Specifically in regards to the alternative suspects.

In the avery trial there is constant mention of DENNY -- I am assuming that this is some kind of court protocol for who can be presented as an alternative suspect or something of that nature. Anyone ?

I believe I have read here that the transcripts for Brendan's trial are available. Please correct me if I am wrong but if so, who released them and why and when?

Imo, with regard to Brendan, it appears one of his classmates reported that he told her he saw human bones in a bonfire at Avery's place. She later recanted, on the stand, and in tears, claiming she was just trying to get him into trouble, and had made it up. It's very bizarre, imho. But I do think that is why they started focusing upon him.

Yes, that was his cousin. When the officers executed the warrant for SA's vehicle, Brendan and his other brother (not Bobby, forgot his name suddenly) were driving the car. When pulled over, they were put in separate LE vehicles and officer O'Neill and another officer "interviewed" Brendan and taped it via digital recorder on the visor. He was in the car for over an hour - the transcript of that "interview" is maddening and I thought O'Neill was very defensive on cross. They had Brendan in their sites early on. I whole heartedly believe it is because they knew he wouldn't know the difference between being detained and when you must have your rights read to you, what they mean, and what expectation of privacy one can expect in 1) a cop car 2) the police station or interrogation room 3) phone calls from jail! They knew he would fold like a cheap lawn chair (to quote my evidence professor).

Add to that that Jody had a BAC of just 0.02 !
So not even legally drunk! ( MAM eps, 2 16:56). It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Sandy didn't buy her a beer at one of dem dere many taverns, ( which Sandra Morris walks to of course.:angel: )

Anyone know if this was her first DUI? I have no idea.

Edited to add: after reading further posts, it wasn't her first DUI.

I believe I have read here that the transcripts for Brendan's trial are available. Please correct me if I am wrong but if so, who released them and why and when?

Yes, links to the dassey trial transcripts were posted on this thread, well the #1 thread, by another user.

I asked where the user got them, but no answer to that question. I am assuming maybe reddit has them too.

You can search that first thread and find them as well as other docs that were found. ie dassey trial and interview transcripts.

Ok, I've reread the Convoluted Brian Alternative Suspect article a few more times, and I'll likely do another pass at the reddits on this topic to see if anything has resulted from people searching for this guy.

He deserves at the very least a name that is as interesting as Mr. BoJangles, but not sure what that would be. Some called him The German, I think. But that's a bit plain.

The article is either completely true and this guy obviously murdered halbach

or

The article is creative writing where someone pulled details from the crime such as the cans of Cherry Pepsi Cola and the arsonist aspect to explain the burning of the body.

To me, it stinks of #2 - no pun intended - but, I am going to go down the rabbit hole that is reddit one more time to at least see if it progressed beyond people claiming they have made contact with the guy, but no one is willing to name him for fear of his arsonist skills.

Question #1 for Brian is... How did you learn of this guy and his wife ?

Reddit MAM mods deleted information that named him ,you will have to sleuth the old fashion way. I think the woman mentioned in the blog identified herself on some post from a dog forum where they mention some details and and then she deleted all her post an address search of the rental property might help . Someone here might have the name or other clues and possible you could find arrest records for the date in question . I never saw his name or hers because they had been deleted but clues where still there then ,I believe some of that stuff has been deleted as well. MAM is a heavy mod'ed subforum.
I think if you read his blog or other post you might get a more accurate feel for his writing and motive for it. IMO.
The reddit peeps who checked it out said the account matches up with court records ,but I dont know to what extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni