New book coming out by Paula Woodward

from link

Still, Woodward’s publisher seems to think people still want to read about it. Without disclosing a number, Kensington Publishing confirmed that Woodward stands to make big money if and when the book is released. ;)

Woodward plans to delve deep into the never-before-told details of the 1996 murder of Colorado beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, using police sources and investigative reporting to unearth new information.

One thing is for certain, however: JonBenet’s parents have been fully exonerated after maintaining their innocence for years.

“The case was full of misperceptions …” Woodward recently explained. “I have cooperation from John Ramsey, from law enforcement people, from Ramsey attorneys, from people involved on the periphery. A lot of people seemed willing to talk.”

by a lot of people I understand JR.
:eek:verreaction:

so this means new information about himself again.I myself am tired of reading books about JR and what he has to say,I will be interested in hearing from him again only if it has to do with a confession or an interrogation.

One thing is for certain, however: JonBenet’s parents have been fully exonerated after maintaining their innocence for years.
ya gotta love that GJ indictments = exoneration

:floorlaugh:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Ramsey-Listen-Carefully-Fictions/dp/1617731455/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]Mr. Ramsey, Listen Carefully!: Facts, Fictions, Lies, and Legends in the Murder of JonBenet Ramsey: Paula Woodward: 9781617731457: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41kULu3BdbL.@@AMEPARAM@@41kULu3BdbL[/ame]

The link comes up with Kolar's pic of the book but The book is still the right one.. Talk about irony.. :)

Apparently set for release August 2014. You can preorder it from Amazon.. Does not look like much has changed..

Just because it's not updated on Amazon does not discount the information released about it.

Just because it's not updated on Amazon does not discount the information released about it.

I think it by itself shows delayed or not, IT is coming. It has not been stopped.

Jon Benet Ramsey Book Shelved: Publisher Halts Production Of Explosive Exposé
After Police Chief Slams It As ‘Not Factual’

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/01/jon-benet-ramsey-book-postponed/

From the article:
A highly-anticipated exposé on the infamous JonBenet Ramsey case has been indefinitely pulled from production,RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively. Former Denver Post journalist Paula Woodward’s has been doing promotion for Mr. Ramsey, Listen Carefully! Facts, Fictions, Lies & Legends in the Murder of JonBenet Ramsey, with a projected release date of August 2014, but the publisher tells Radar that it won’t be seeing the light of day any time soon.
...and:
...and:
But Boulder City Police Chief Mark Beckner slammed the exposé, saying, “I know the case pretty intricately, inside and out. And I’m not sure what could appear in a book written by a third party uninvolved with the investigation that I wouldn’t already be aware of. And, if it’s something I’m not aware of, it’s probably not factual.”

Sorry to bump, but I just saw a mention of this somewhere else, and I had totally missed the news!!

Too funny :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I guess we will have to wait and see. I am curious about the book. That is about it now.

""I think at this point, not much that can be said about the case or reported about the case or written about the case has any effect anymore," said Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner, who declined to be interviewed for the book. "This is really a cold case. Too much time has passed; too much has already been made public."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/12/27/JonBenet-Ramsey-book-on-the-way/8841388154568/#ixzz2ogkQXuTO

His quote bothers me because it sounds like he has no real interest in finding who killed her. I don't believe this book will have the answers but I don't like the way he just kind of seem to have thrown up his hands at the whole case. jmo

IMO he knows, he just can't get a conviction.

That has to be frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou Smit was damn good at what he did, was well respected and still is by his friends, family and co-workers. Once someone doesn't agree with RDI's, they are crazy, Kool-aide drinkers. They have seen the evidence came up with a different opinion, that doesn't make them crazy kool-aide drinkers, especially if you look at their previous work. Smit had 100% record on solving murder cases until this one. Way more experience than anyone in BPD when it came to solving murders.

This book has all ready being pre ordered by 1000's, and the author didn't have to pay to have her worked published, that speaks volumes to me.

Even the GJ didn't buy what he was selling. Lou was clouded by his faith and his perception of Patsy and her faith, IMO
He lost all credibility with me.

Even the GJ didn't buy what he was selling. Lou was clouded by his faith and his perception of Patsy and her faith, IMO
He lost all credibility with me.

You can add me to that list. I'd go a LOT further, but I'm not QUITE ready to be thrown off this forum.

I don't believe that Lou was clouded by anything. I think he called the case as he saw it just as he did with all the cases in his career. It is the reason that he left the DA's office after looking at ALL The evidence. Even before the DNA and realized the R's had not done this.

I don't think that anyone should attack LS. He was a good detective and solved many many cases. He knew what he was doing. On the other hand we have ST who was on his very first murder case. Very first!! That is not his fault, It is just the way it was but I don't know how that can not affect anyone's opinion to accept everything he says as gospel.

I believe LS because his record tells me he knows what he is doing. He was working for the DA And then started working for the R's because He saw the case unfolding another way and NO ONE would listen to him.

I understand people may not want to believe him, But I don't think anyone should ever attack a man with an amazing career with the amount of cases he closed.

There was a reason that the DA hired him in the first place. Because he was so good.

JMO

The man who prayed with the Ramseys is unbiased and fair but the investigator who came in from the outside and worked on the case for years has an agenda.

Right?

The man who prayed with the Ramseys is unbiased and fair but the investigator who came in from the outside and worked on the case for years has an agenda.

Right?

What does praying have to do with anything? Because he was a man of faith? Because the R's were? What does that have to do with his experience and his work?
Nothing. I am sure many investigators pray every stinkin day. My guess is The R's wanted to pray and he stood there and let them. What does this have to do with the case? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It does not discredit him. In fact I think it makes him smart and he probably could have been using it to gain their trust. Who knows? But it certainly does not wipe out his experience, his record or the fact that he saw all the evidence on both sides and left the DA office because they were not focusing on the Evidence but on the R's and would not even consider other possibilities.

You can not compare the skills that LS would have with ST. That is not a jab at ST. It is just a fact. LS had the experienced closed the cases. Had nothing to gain by saying that The R's were not responsible. He saw the facts and that is where it lead him. JMO

UNBIASED investigators do not pray with the prime suspects of a crime.

It's unprofessional and unethical, IMHO.

UNBIASED investigators do not pray with the prime suspects of a crime.

It's unprofessional and unethical, IMHO.

Investigators do a lot of things to gain the trust of suspects.

Praying does not change the evidence. It does not change the record of LS. It does not change the fact that he closed many cases and ST closed none. Not one. It was his first and last. LS however had a career of catching criminals.

Who knows how or what he prayed with them? IT does not change the evidence, Or record of a good cop. IT just doesn't. I could care less if every officer prayed with a suspect. I don't see how it changes one thing. JMO

ETA:
"It was one of the hallmarks of a detective who routinely prayed with suspects before interviewing them and visited the grave sites of victims when the killers were later convicted. "I've never lost a homicide case," Smit said.

Smit acknowledged that he has been criticized for praying with murder suspects, but he said the prayers helped him establish a rapport with them.
Of the 200-plus cases Smit investigated and turned over to prosecutors for formal charges, all of them led to convictions,."

Read more: Springs detective Lou Smit, 75, prayed with, helped Ramseys - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15749364#ixzz2uwoNlJnA
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Anyone can not like it but he got results. He did his job and brought the evidence and caught killers. Whatever his methods he got the job done.

I wish LS would have wrote a book about this case.

He did. Well, sort of. He was working on it with Robert Whitson (former BPD) when he (Lou Smit) died in 2010. Whitson finished the book (which was said to be 90% complete when Smit died) naming himself as the author, and listing Smit as a "contributor" (but you know... everyone just writes books for personal profit).

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Injustice-JonBenet-Murdered-Sadistic-Psychopath/dp/1475074824"]Injustice: Why JonBenet Ramsey Was Murdered By A Sadistic Psychopath - Not Her Parents: Robert A. Whitson PH.D., Andrew Lou Smit: 9781475074826: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51kjlKrq-WL.@@AMEPARAM@@51kjlKrq-WL[/ame]

I'm afraid to ask why! :scared:

Not a nice move by whitson, IMO, regardless of whether or not I would have agreed with it.

Eta: wow what a title!!!!

Jon Benet Ramsey Book Shelved: Publisher Halts Production Of Explosive Exposé
After Police Chief Slams It As ‘Not Factual’

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/01/jon-benet-ramsey-book-postponed/

From the article:
A highly-anticipated exposé on the infamous JonBenet Ramsey case has been indefinitely pulled from production,RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively. Former Denver Post journalist Paula Woodward’s has been doing promotion for Mr. Ramsey, Listen Carefully! Facts, Fictions, Lies & Legends in the Murder of JonBenet Ramsey, with a projected release date of August 2014, but the publisher tells Radar that it won’t be seeing the light of day any time soon.
...and:
...and:
But Boulder City Police Chief Mark Beckner slammed the exposé, saying, “I know the case pretty intricately, inside and out. And I’m not sure what could appear in a book written by a third party uninvolved with the investigation that I wouldn’t already be aware of. And, if it’s something I’m not aware of, it’s probably not factual.”

Heyya otg,

Ha, maybe Beckner will have future comments, given his impending
retirement.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/18/chief-who-took-over-jonbenet-inquiry-to-retire/

Shapiro, the case seems to be a set point of his moral compass.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/02/16/should-men-be-reviewed-like-restaurants/

"Seventeen years ago, while working as a cub reporter on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case for the tabloids, I learned how powerful and hurtful words can be.Knowing all too well that tabloid audiences are typically female, it didn’t take long for my editors to falsely accuse JonBenet’s father, John Ramsey, of sexually molesting and brutally murdering his 6-year old daughter.
After all, men make easy targets nowadays as ‘chauvinist pigs’ and ‘sexual predators.’
But John did not sexually abuse or murder his daughter. He was a loving father who adored his little girl.
The false accusations against John Ramsey coincided with the birth of Internet chat rooms, and I quickly realized the danger of how online users can spread lies like wildfire."

Jeffrey Scott Shapiro is an investigative journalist who reported his editors at The Globe tabloid to the FBI in 1999.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back