New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

I'm not sure that they were "used up" by wealthy men because it seems more likely to me that a wealthy man would go after someone that was more attractive than any of these girls were. I think they all "knew too much" though and had to be disposed of.

Yes...they were throwaways to this town...or to the people on the other side of the tracks. I think there was an elaborate chain of drugs and prostitution that involved the police, Frankie Richard and the wealthy men on the other side of Jennings. The women were drug addicts and had no means of making money...except if they were being paid with drugs to have sex. Frankie Richard acted as a pimp/drug dealer and my theory is that the drug detective who is now the police chief was the go between. I'm sure he and other local law enforcement were paid off by the wealthy men who used these women up and then wanted them gone. I look forward to this case getting solved one day and then seeing an HBO drama based on it.
I agree! I think Frankie Richard was a pimp and just that! Not the murderer. I do however think he is tied in and knows more than what he is saying. I think he helped get girls for law inforcement and other officials and they had there way with this girls because they thought nobody would care or really miss them! It seems all the drug addicts on the other side of the tracks were safe!! And anybody would have to be a dummy to think there aren't wealthy addicts. Come on now!!! Watching that series I just can't believe how they blatantly just disregard these women's lives and how it is being shown to the public! Why isn't there more if an outrage!!! Its like it just OK!! This upsets me so much. And I just live right down the road in Lafayette.

My first post so I apologize if any of this is repetitive but something that caught my attention on this weeks episode was a comment made about Frankie Richard... that when Frankie gets arrested and subsequently released without a conviction, shortly there after another girl turns up murdered. Cops do Frankie a favor, Frankie has to do cops a favor. That comment stuck with me because CLEARLY Frankie is involved but I doubt he is the actual murderer BUT I do think he is the one picking up the girls for said murderer as debt to the Jennings police. I mean, he is the last one seen with the majority of the girls..too much of a coincidence there. And even with a murderer on the loose and the main suspect being Frankie Richard, he is still the man with the dope.. and the dope craving will always win. They would hop in a car with Frankie for a fix.. remember what Frankie said about Whitney? He was the last to see her, she asked him for dope, he said he didn’t have any and then what did he say he did?? He said he went and got some dope.. I bet he took her with him to get the ‘dope’... like I said, I think he is the one who baits them in for the COPS. Those guys are CROOOOOKED. These weeks episode clarified their corruption for me. They are running confiscated drugs out of the Hotel there.. (I forget the name Hotel Boudreaux?) I mean the dateline special where they were stopping out of state vehicles and confiscating people’s personal possessions? They’re looking for big drug busts. They need to restock the shelves of their one stop drug shop at the hotel. I think these girls, who were all connected to the Hotel via prostitution, found out about this and the cops silenced them. The only one that doesn’t fit the bill for me is Brittney Gary. From everything I have read, she wasn’t involved in prostitution but had dabbled with drugs before.. but she and her family had only moved back to Jennings the week prior. BUT I did read that she was witnessed outside of Muggys sisters house (muggy was brittneys best friend) shouting “You know Uncle Frankie killed your sister!” I think that got her in trouble. Brittney would be my age now, maybe that’s why her murder sits unwell with me. Gives me shivers. I live a few hours from Jennings in Longview TX which is right on the Louisiana border. My dad, who is a wild partying man, worked in Jennings when I was a baby.. I asked him recently about Jennings and he confirmed that it is the Mecca of drug connections... and he should know. The town I went to school in, Gilmer, was also a huge drug spot at one point in time. Gilmer is small, like Jennings, with a population of about 5000... it’s all about the location (as mentioned on this weeks episode concerning the Houston to NOLA interstate) and the willingness of the police to allow the drug community to flourish. It’s unfortunate but it is a reality I have seen all to well.

I apologize, I’m rambling now!! .... before I go I want to mention a few more things that I have either read or watched concerning these murders..

The 3 black males in the blue(I think) Truck.. these guys have been seen several times pertaining to these murders.. one in particular was when they were seen THE NIGHT BEFORE on the road that one of the victims body was found. They were on the side of the road with their headlights off and were outside of their vehicle, and fled when they were seen. These guys and this trucks description have been mentioned several times in my readings. As well as several mentions of a group of black males that ‘work for Frankie’ as Frankie’s muscle. Frankie always seemed genuine to me when he denied personally harming these girls... maybe in his mind he didn’t because he had these guys do it for him.. and it’s all done for the police to keep their large, all encompassed drug ring and it’s source under wraps . It’s not too far fetched if you think about it. Confiscated drugs = 100% profit. Drug addiction does not discriminate.. tall, short, man, woman, wealthy, poor... anyone can be overcome with addiction.

Another thing I noticed after watching this docuseries and a separate documentary about the Jennings 8 from a couple of years ago... Hannah (Frankie’s Goddaughter/niece, gives two completely different accounts of the last time she saw Kristen.. this also stuck with me because she goes out of her way to point out how poignant and vivid her last interaction with Kristen was in both interviews.. yet gives two completely different stories for each interview.. strange.

Also, how guilty is Warden Guillory!!! Wow!!

Last edited:
I sat through the full four hour series and at the end the case was never solved??? All of these girls had several things in common...drugs and Frankie Richard and his brother. It would be easy to say they were involved in the killings or one of them did it but I believe that law enforcement was involved and the brothers helped with the body dumping. My radar puts it on the current police chief/former drug detective. He had daily contact with all of these girls and probably had Frankie Richard on the payroll. For sure there were other cops involved. This is a downtrodden little town with poor law enforcement and a good ole boy attitude. The Task Force didn't get anywhere because the local law enforcement didn't want it to. The FBI was involved in this Task Force. But who knows...maybe they were compromised too. The drug epidemic in this town is there because law enforcement wants it to be there...they probably keep the drugs flowing into the town. What a depressing story and depressing place...the cycle of drug addiction goes round and round and nothing is done to get these people into rehab and clean up the town. Very sad.
I agree completely!

I noticed Courtney Coco’s name mentioned in this thread. Her homicide is a 15 year old cold case. She was from Alexandria, LA but her body was found in an abandoned warehouse in Winnie, TX. There’s currently a podcast called Real Life Real Crime that’s reinvesting this case for the family. They are blowing the lid off never released info. Alexandria PD is deep in corruption concerning this case and who knows if there’s others. Give it a listen if you’re interested.

My first post so I apologize if any of this is repetitive but something that caught my attention on this weeks episode was a comment made about Frankie Richard... that when Frankie gets arrested and subsequently released without a conviction, shortly there after another girl turns up murdered. Cops do Frankie a favor, Frankie has to do cops a favor. That comment stuck with me because CLEARLY Frankie is involved but I doubt he is the actual murderer BUT I do think he is the one picking up the girls for said murderer as debt to the Jennings police. I mean, he is the last one seen with the majority of the girls..too much of a coincidence there. And even with a murderer on the loose and the main suspect being Frankie Richard, he is still the man with the dope.. and the dope craving will always win. They would hop in a car with Frankie for a fix.. remember what Frankie said about Whitney? He was the last to see her, she asked him for dope, he said he didn’t have any and then what did he say he did?? He said he went and got some dope.. I bet he took her with him to get the ‘dope’... like I said, I think he is the one who baits them in for the COPS. Those guys are CROOOOOKED. These weeks episode clarified their corruption for me. They are running confiscated drugs out of the Hotel there.. (I forget the name Hotel Boudreaux?) I mean the dateline special where they were stopping out of state vehicles and confiscating people’s personal possessions? They’re looking for big drug busts. They need to restock the shelves of their one stop drug shop at the hotel. I think these girls, who were all connected to the Hotel via prostitution, found out about this and the cops silenced them. The only one that doesn’t fit the bill for me is Brittney Gary. From everything I have read, she wasn’t involved in prostitution but had dabbled with drugs before.. but she and her family had only moved back to Jennings the week prior. BUT I did read that she was witnessed outside of Muggys sisters house (muggy was brittneys best friend) shouting “You know Uncle Frankie killed your sister!” I think that got her in trouble. Brittney would be my age now, maybe that’s why her murder sits unwell with me. Gives me shivers. I live a few hours from Jennings in Longview TX which is right on
I noticed Courtney Coco’s name mentioned in this thread. Her homicide is a 15 year old cold case. She was from Alexandria, LA but her body was found in an abandoned warehouse in Winnie, TX. There’s currently a podcast called Real Life Real Crime that’s reinvesting this case for the family. They are blowing the lid off never released info. Alexandria PD is deep in corruption concerning this case and who knows if there’s others. Give it a listen if you’re interested.

My best friend from Lafayette met Hannah at a party and gave her a ride home years ago before the arrest. She left her ID in his car. He didn't want to talk to her after that because he said she was seriously disturbed. Years later he showed me where she and her uncle were arrested and said he thought for sure that she was covering for the uncle and maybe participated in 1 of the murders. I am not sure why he thought this, but he whole heartedly believed she was a really bad person.

I am interviewing author Ethan Brown who wrote the book and is the executive producer of Murder on the Bayou the new Showtime series. My podcast will be uploaded soon.
Is there anything you would like me to ask Mr. Brown?

I thought Ethan Brown's Showtime series was great. He did a lot of work to do that. If I read him right, he doesn't think Frankie is involved. Anyhow Brown shed a light on lots of bad things happening in Jennings by law enforcement. Truly horrible. It really is shocking they don't have an answer and didn't bring in the FBI to run the case. I actually think many of these cases are a serial killings even though the victims are adamant against that. The bodies were posed and at first they were found in water. The killer got more brazen just like they always do. I didn't hear that they have any DNA evidence at all.

#justiceforcoco

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86