New Drug Deletes Bad Memories

There is a drug out already that does something to your memory, when I had a medical procedure done, it wasnt done under general anaesthetic, but under sedation and they said because of the nature of the op that they were also giving me something so that I would not remember, and by golly they were right.
I remembered being taken into the theatre, but nothing else until I was in recovery. They told me I was awake all the time and I was talking to them. Still to this day and the op was a few years ago, I still do not remember what happened in the half hour I was in theatre.
I was just in the hospital today and a friend of mine was given the same drug for the same reason...to forget the procedure pain! Weird! I had never heard of this before. She had a pain pump put in and they needed her awake to make sure the placement was ok...whatever that means. I heard the nurse explain the medicine to her and that it would make her forget .....and I thought...HUH!?!? It is so strange! This was in the Houston Medical Center so I guess they must know what they were doing.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I was just in the hospital today and a friend of mine was given the same drug for the same reason...to forget the procedure pain! Weird! I had never heard of this before. She had a pain pump put in and they needed her awake to make sure the placement was ok...whatever that means. I heard the nurse explain the medicine to her and that it would make her forget .....and I thought...HUH!?!? It is so strange! This was in the Houston Medical Center so I guess they must know what they were doing.
Phew what a relief, thought I might have Alzheimers or dementia. But I wonder how they can make you forget something that has happened a long time ago, this drug only worked for the period of time it took to do the op. The brain is a powerful organ, and they reckon we dont use all of it, it is amazing what they can do these days.

Oh for sure Dea!

Seriously Shaz- wow I didn't know that! *advertiser censored* hey- ya learn somethin' new every day- I'm not up on hospital stuff, only went in one to have a baby...and noone I know has anything wrong with them that I need to visit them in hospital or anything...been very lucky that way- people I know just drop dead lol- sorry but dwp and they do!

Oh for sure Dea!

Seriously Shaz- wow I didn't know that! *advertiser censored* hey- ya learn somethin' new every day- I'm not up on hospital stuff, only went in one to have a baby...and noone I know has anything wrong with them that I need to visit them in hospital or anything...been very lucky that way- people I know just drop dead lol- sorry but dwp and they do!

It wasnt frightening, just weird, you try to remember and hubby was with me (not in the theatre) when my memory came back in recovery I asked hubby what had happened, he told me, I thought I had been asleep, couldnt remember talking to the nurses in theatre, they were asking me about my kids, and other stuff, because they told me when my memory came back, twilight kinda stuf.

It wasnt frightening, just weird, you try to remember and hubby was with me (not in the theatre) when my memory came back in recovery I asked hubby what had happened, he told me, I thought I had been asleep, couldnt remember talking to the nurses in theatre, they were asking me about my kids, and other stuff, because they told me when my memory came back, twilight kinda stuf.

Where ever you go when you are under an aenasethic (sp) it's further away than sleepsville...

Where ever you go when you are under an aenasethic (sp) it's further away than sleepsville...
But I wasnt under anaesthetic, I was wide awake and apparantly had the nurses in stitches, telling them stories about my family. The came and spoke to me after they finished in theatre.

There is a drug out already that does something to your memory, when I had a medical procedure done, it wasnt done under general anaesthetic, but under sedation and they said because of the nature of the op that they were also giving me something so that I would not remember, and by golly they were right.
I remembered being taken into the theatre, but nothing else until I was in recovery. They told me I was awake all the time and I was talking to them. Still to this day and the op was a few years ago, I still do not remember what happened in the half hour I was in theatre.
Shazza~ There are a few meds given that you may have had...they call it IV sedation or "twilight" sleep. I use to work for an oral surgeon and we used it when taking out wisdom teeth. A couple of the drugs used were Fentanyl and Ketamine. We also used them when doing plastic surgery procedures like face lifts and rhinoplasties. And your right....no one ever remembered a thing!!!

Shazza~ There are a few meds given that you may have had...they call it IV sedation or "twilight" sleep. I use to work for an oral surgeon and we used it when taking out wisdom teeth. A couple of the drugs used were Fentanyl and Ketamine. We also used them when doing plastic surgery procedures like face lifts and rhinoplasties. And your right....no one ever remembered a thing!!!
Were they awake and talking, well I know they wouldnt be talking whilst getting work done by the oral surgeon. But they told me at the hospital I was chatting away all the time and never went to sleep, yet I am unable to remember it.

This is nothing new to me. Hell, I spent my teen years doing a drug that affected my memory all the way around-- it's called "pot"!! :D :D

Wow, a drug that reduces the trauma associated with rape, 10 years after it the violence happened. This drug may increase a person`s quality of life.

Sounds good to me.

Were they awake and talking, well I know they wouldnt be talking whilst getting work done by the oral surgeon. But they told me at the hospital I was chatting away all the time and never went to sleep, yet I am unable to remember it.
Yep......the ones having plastic surgery were talking (I actually had a nose job and experienced it first hand!!). I remember chatting away but as far as any of the pain....not a bit!!! Lots of facial plastic surgery is done under this type of anes.
I forgot; we use to mix a little Versed with the Fentenyl.....the ultimate cocktail!!! LOL

Yep......the ones having plastic surgery were talking (I actually had a nose job and experienced it first hand!!). I remember chatting away but as far as any of the pain....not a bit!!! Lots of facial plastic surgery is done under this type of anes.
I forgot; we use to mix a little Versed with the Fentenyl.....the ultimate cocktail!!! LOL
Wow, unbelievable, the things you can do these days.
The drugs they use must work on the part of the brain that deals with your memory and stops the messages of pain getting to the part of the brain that controls pain. Would love to learn more about this, it fascinates me.

This is nothing new to me. Hell, I spent my teen years doing a drug that affected my memory all the way around-- it's called "pot"!! :D :D
lol after my c-section i couldve used some of that LMAO but the vicodan was nice hehe ..

Imagine if this drug got into the wrong hands; which in enough time, it would. Such a scary thought or rather absence of one it would be..

But I wasnt under anaesthetic, I was wide awake and apparantly had the nurses in stitches, telling them stories about my family. The came and spoke to me after they finished in theatre.
That sounds like versed/verced. They use it for colonscopy and other quick procedures like endoscopy.It's awesome.

That sounds like versed/verced. They use it for colonscopy and other quick procedures like endoscopy.It's awesome.
Isn't it !!!! I love Versed..... I'd recommend it to anyone!!LOL

This sounds like what my friend had on Monday for a lumpectomy. I was with her up until the surgery, and they gave her an IV with something to relax her, presurgery. She was still talking in the stages leading up to the procedure.. but she didnt remember a bit of it when it was finished. She didnt remember me leaving, or even being in the one room with her.

She describes it as being very pleasant.

This sounds like what my friend had on Monday for a lumpectomy. I was with her up until the surgery, and they gave her an IV with something to relax her, presurgery. She was still talking in the stages leading up to the procedure.. but she didnt remember a bit of it when it was finished. She didnt remember me leaving, or even being in the one room with her.

She describes it as being very pleasant.
Versed is usually given in an IV in the preop area....I'm sure that is what your friend had...it knocks your anxiety down a couple of notches!! :)

That was the op I had JBean....colonoscopy. I dont know if it was awesome....I cant remember.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back