New Jersey - Coronavirus COVID-19

New Jersey governor signs executive order to allow virtual weddings

... to allow couples to get married using video-conferencing technology.

The order amends the in-person requirements for couples to obtain a marriage license.

The order still requires that a marriage or civil union be solemnized in the physical presence of an officiant and two witnesses, but it can be satisfied through the use of live audio-visual technology.

The order will take effect Monday, May 4.

US coronavirus update: Some states have partially reopened - CNN

Ok my vent for the day... Who Cares about the Golf Courses... I need to get these acrylics done on my nails ASAP. This Jersey Girl has NOT had nails in 30 years, but it is getting very very close to me spending an afternoon with a bottle of acetone. LOL!

There were 2,651 new positive cases of coronavirus and 311 related deaths announced Friday, bringing the state’s totals to 121,190 cases and 7,538 deaths from the virus.

Hospitalizations have fallen below 6,000 for the first time since the state began providing those numbers in early April. There were 5,713 people hospitalized with the virus as of 10 p.m. Friday, down from 5,972 as of 10 p.m. Thursday.

Coronavirus updates: N.J. hospitals get federal money; Parks reopen; Workers strike; What you need to know

N.J. National Air Guard to conduct flyover next week to honor coronavirus workers

The New Jersey Air National Guard is conducting a flyover next week to honor the frontline workers. The 177th Fighter Wing and 108th Wing are partnering in the nationwide Air Force Salutes Flyover event on May 12 (or May 13, for an inclement weather date).

UCRNC46M3NEDNHWDRQ5HZ63AIE.jpg

Residents can watch the flyover at the following times and locations, barring delays due to weather, air traffic, or maintenance:
  • 11:30 a.m. -- Sea Girt
  • 11:35 a.m. -- PNC Arts Center
  • 11:40 a.m. -- Millstone
  • 11:45 a.m. -- NJ Convention Center
  • 11:46 a.m. -- Menlo Park
  • 11:48 a.m. -- Kean University
  • 11:48 a.m. -- University Hospital
  • 11:49 a.m. -- Expo Center
  • 11:51 a.m. -- Bergen County College/Paramus
  • 12:01 p.m. -- Vets Haven North
  • 12:07 p.m. -- NJ Military & Veterans Affairs
  • 12:13 p.m. -- Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital
  • 12:32 p.m. -- Atlantic City Convention Center

To date, New Jersey has reported 138,532 cases of COVID-19 and 9,255 related deaths.
More than half the seasonal workers at a South Jersey farm have tested positive for COVID-19, raising fears of an unchecked outbreak ahead of the blueberry and other harvests.

At least 59 migrant workers at a farm in Upper Pittsgrove, in rural Salem County, have been infected, NJ Spotlight reported Monday. The news came just as the state Department of Health and local federally qualified health centers prepared to launch a testing program for all such workers.
Coronavirus update: Cases spike among N.J. farmworkers, ventilator use down

My daughter’s school (we’re in NJ) went back to 100% virtual again after a rise in positive cases in our township schools. It’s been very worrisome considering how difficult it is to find testing sites without long waiting periods. Luckily the Thanksgiving holiday opened up a lot of slots at the CVS yesterday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back