New Mackenzie Phillips Book Reveals Sexual Relationship With Her Father

I saw a sound byte on Entertainment Tonight about an album of songs she did with her dad. They showed a tiny clip of them singing a love song, together, and the combination of it being a love song and him looking at her: omg the ick factor went up a thousand fold.

I hope MP is not using the media as her only therapy tool in dealing with this... I hope she is getting qualified help...

but there's a difference bewteen consensual incest and sexual abuse of a minor

I, too, was sexually abused by an adoptive family member as a child

I hear people say this frequently in this type of case where the offspring is an adult at sometime in the "relations"..... but to me the thought that a child that has been sexually abused/exploited, raised with no boundaries, and in this case introduced and encouraged to do drugs with her father, well I just don't see common sense, coping skills, and emotional healing kicking in because the calendar says she turned 18.

Not picking on your post at all, just using it as a jumping off point. People seem to expect the behavior and choice of a young adult that was raised by semi decent parents and that is not what you are dealing with. You are dealing with a young adult that has none of that foundation and in cases where they continue to have relations into their adult years, I think that just speaks volumes about the level of mental and emotional abuse and manipulation they were subject to. moo

Maybe that's why she did it so publicly - so she couldn't just recant it this time.

Her whole life has been in the public. The public has a perception of her father. The public has a perception of her and how she ended up the way she is.

It is not my place to judge whether she is pursuing healing the way she should. I won't buy the book and I certainly wouldn't buy the album of them singing together. But I don't see the upside of this for her, she has money from her father's estate, there is no amount of money in the world that would motivate me to subject myself to the public scrutiny, the ridicule, or making my name the punch line to every incest joke to be told for the next ten years.

If she is making it up I would almost be sadder for her. At least if it is true she seems to be making efforts to heal the scars. If she is lying she is still deep in self destruction.

His estate is releasing an album in 2010 of MP and JP songs (I have a feeling that it will have very, very, very poor sales):
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/john-mackenzie-phillips-album-to-be-released_1117042

A song he wrote about her from his first solo album:

"She's Just 14" Lyrics

She's just 14 - little movie star queen
There isn't much she hasn't seen
She "did it" in a limousine car
She dated pop stars
Hey Rainbow Hair, say that's no where

But she always says
I'm just a sexy trash can
But she's just a little girl, who thinks like a man
And sometimes her Daddy's spoiled her
Sometimes he treated her rough
Sometimes she's gentle
Sometimes she's tough

But she is always too nice to the driver
She says James have you had your supper
And she's always too high on arrival
And she runs on her high platform heels
And she falls flat on her face and she knows how life feels

She got the moves, yeah she got looks
She got the style, she's read all the books
And nobody got her on her hooks
She's on a real smooth trip, yes a real smooth trip

She's always too nice to the driver

I see her sipping her Thunderbird wine
Wonderin' if she's the last word in space and time
And she knows she is, She's so pleased to discover
She's so hip. She's on a smooth trip.

Well she's always too nice to the driver

His estate is releasing an album in 2010 of MP and JP songs (I have a feeling that it will have very, very, very poor sales):
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/john-mackenzie-phillips-album-to-be-released_1117042

A song he wrote about her from his first solo album:

"She's Just 14" Lyrics

She's just 14 - little movie star queen
There isn't much she hasn't seen
She "did it" in a limousine car
She dated pop stars
Hey Rainbow Hair, say that's no where

But she always says
I'm just a sexy trash can
But she's just a little girl, who thinks like a man
And sometimes her Daddy's spoiled her
Sometimes he treated her rough
Sometimes she's gentle
Sometimes she's tough

But she is always too nice to the driver

She got the moves, yeah she got looks
She got the style, she's read all the books
And nobody got her on her hooks
She's on a real smooth trip, yes a real smooth trip

She's always too nice to the driver

I see her sipping her Thunderbird wine
Wonderin' if she's the last word in space and time
And she knows she is, She's so pleased to discover
She's so hip. She's on a smooth trip.

Well she's always too nice to the driver
Did that remind anyone else of one of Phillip's Garrido's songs or what?:sick:
I believe Mackenzie & ,even before the revelations,was on the reserve list at the library for this book.......I am now going out to actually purchase it(Ive always had a peripheral interest in MP due to her association with Danny Sugarman).
MP's siblings believe her as does her birth Mother/JP's first wife but even if they didnt Id still be inclined to believe her ! No one is disputing her account of her Father shooting her up with coke @ 12 yet they believe he wouldnt cross the sexual boundry with her??Gimmie a break! Of course his other 2 wives are going to deny it (although Wife #3 did the "JP is innocent"crowd no favors with her thinly veiled statement.......i.e if anything hinky appeared to have happened it was MP's fault!) .
I believe MP-simple as that.

Mackenzie Phillips: 'I understand this is a difficult thing'
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/25/chynna.phillips.mackenzie.oprah/

snipped & BBM~
"The fallout from Phillips' decision to reveal her family's secrets has been heartbreaking for her sister Bijou as well.

Bijou Phillips supplied a statement to Winfrey stating that Mackenzie told her about the incestuous relationship with their father when Bijou was 13 but later denied it.
"This news was confusing and also scary, because I'd lived alone with him since I was 3," she said. "[John Phillips] was Mr. Mom, loving and encouraging; the man who raised me would never be capable of such things."

She also questioned why Mackenzie would leave her alone with their father if he'd molested the elder sister.

Appears lots of people knew and did nothing....

I don't believe one word this woman says. If she told me it was raining I would go outside to check. She fits the definition of pathological liar. Always has and always will. JMO.

My thing is: If she just wanted to make money, she could have spun this as true child sexual abuse and molestation. To tell the world that you had a consensual relationship for 10 years, to me, just can't be made up for money. I honestly believe that the incredibly horrible parenting she received as a child contributed to the incredibly horrible adulthood MK continued to have... and just maybe - maybe this is how she's going to unburden herself from the albatross around her neck. I believe her. I support her in her efforts to come clean altogether. I pray for her to be healed - AND I pray that this revelation will have the exact impact she has said she hopes for - to help at least one other person in her same situation. And we all know, just from reading here, the huge number of sick and depraved individuals out there. So we know it could be true.

"
" 'Raped you? Don't you mean when we made love?' " she told Winfrey. "I thought, wow, I'm really on my own here." "

That was a lie..did anyone else see her face/eyes....she made that part up and thought it was a "good" thing for a surprise comment from Dad.

Nope...she wants the money and she's only good for the book (fiction).

Sorry, jmo

The issue about looking alike and having an attraction is Genetic Sexual Attraction. Some of us discussed it on here in another thread unrelated to this one, but I can't remember which one at the moment.

I just read the sample on my Kindle of this book. A couple of things said in the first chapter made more sense of why she wrote this book. Her father wrote one when she was in her 20s I think. She talked about looking herself up in the index and seeing what was listed under her name realized she'd been reduced to the public incidents in her life. She says she wanted to fill out the story. Also, she notes an event with Michelle and John when MP was very young. She and her brother heard a lot of noise and Michelle came into the room they shared to tell them everything was fine. She described the stick with metal prods on it she remembered and later realized was a cattle prod. I'm sure Michelle would not be too happy to have that experience talked about in public.

ETA: Michelle was carrying the stick when she went into the children's bedroom.

MP is holding it together well, on Oprah, but given her long drug history: I worry that the backlash will have her turning back to the one place she always found comfort in... drugs.

I just wonder how many copies of her book would have sold without these claims about her father. VERY FEW. This girl has been using and lying all her life.

I just wonder how many copies of her book would have sold without these claims about her father. VERY FEW. This girl has been using and lying all her life.

I agree. This is really so despicable. She would've been nowhere without the shock value of the incest story. She is willing to destroy her father and her family for cash and a few more minutes of fame. Just terrible....she needs help.

IMO

Just checked at Amazon the book is number 4!
Number 1 in all three Bio categories.

IMO

I can't get my head around the consensual sex she supposedly had with her father after she was a married woman. I would think the required "alone time" would have to include not only a setting and opportunity, but also the mood for sex with her dad - even going so far as to claim it happened on the eve of her wedding night. :sick: That seems so dramatic. I was with my husband on the eve of our wedding night. :waitasec:

How the heck did MP pull off a 10yr relationship with her father behind her husband's back? They had their own place, her then career would have occupied a lot of her time as well. I can see the whole "Stockholm syndrome" thing if MP still lived with her dad, but 10 years (until she was almost 30?) with a lot of money, a lot of drugs, a lot of traveling, a lot of cameras, a lot of lovers - even starting her own family....yet even in her celebrity world she repeatedly kept finding herself in the same location, time, setting, and mood to give in to sex with her dad again?

I do not understand it. I only know I can barely read anything about it because I feel sick to my stomach when I do.

I have so many points to make and I know that half of them will be forgotten as I type. Whatever motives are behind MP book and publicity appearances, it is her story to tell and if people are interested in that story, then they are welcome to buy the book. If they are horrified and sickened, then they are free to pass it up. MP has lived a life of excess, lack of boundaries, inappropriate lifestyles, and freedom from consequences. While she struggled all her life with drugs, there was a constant....her father. Whether he was a positive constant, is really a moot point. He is the only life she knew, learned from, and used as a reference for her choice of actions. Even in times of shame and regret about drug use and actions she took, there would always be someone to justify her choices to her....Dad. It appears to be a very sick co-dependant relationship. In all likelihood, MP could never be considered for any acting jobs as she has proven herself to be a liability. If proceeds from a book allow her to make a living and surround herself with a buffer or barrier, then I don't fault her for it. She really doesn't owe anyone an apology. She didn't drag everyone into it, they just happen to be in it because they are a relative. Until, she puts her needs first and does what is right for her, she will never move out of that part of her life. The book is about more than this issue. YES, the shock value may garner interest, but really, who are we to care if we don't really care? KWIM
JMO

Denny Doherty's daughter backs MP up with a statement she sent to Oprah. She (the daughter) said that her own father knew and told her about it. She said her dad was horrified by it. (Doherty was in the Mama's & The Papa's)

I think that that song that JP wrote about Mackenzie sets off loads of bells and whistles, IMO. I mean seriously, a father writes that about his FOURTEEN year old child? Disgusting...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back