New People Magazine article on the KH case

All I can say is wow... her own family is doubting her.

Let me put it this way.. if I were in this situation.. my family would be lying down on the railroad tracks for me... professing their belief in me as a good person and having ABSOLUTELY NO INVOLVEMENT IN SOMETHING SO HEINOUS.

That is not happening here.

What do they know about the family dynamic that we do not? What is going on here? I didn't even see Kain defending her in the interviews the other day other than in a cursory, going thru the motions way.

Either way, it rang my hinky meter.. but TM has not had to do much to ring my bell in that case. Now her family are doing it for me too... lots of bells ringing...

Kaine may not be aware of the extent and vehemence of the internet suspicion of his wife. It sounded in the interviews as if he's keeping very busy, so I doubt he's spending time reading online. He probably isn't even watching much TV to see all the news stories. I doubt friends and family would have the heart to tell him the extent of it.

From that perspective, and combined with LE telling him not to discuss the investigation, he would not feel a compulsion to defend something he's not fully aware of, and what he is aware of, would be tempered by LE's cautions.

Kaine may not be aware of the extent and vehemence of the internet suspicion of his wife. It sounded in the interviews as if he's keeping very busy, so I doubt he's spending time reading online. He probably isn't even watching much TV to see all the news stories. I doubt friends and family would have the heart to tell him the extent of it.

From that perspective, and combined with LE telling him not to discuss the investigation, he would not feel a compulsion to defend something he's not fully aware of, and what he is aware of, would be tempered by LE's cautions.
Given his answer to one of the questions about the gym, I'd guess he has no idea about the internet interest in this case. I forget which interview it was, but the reporter was pointing to SM's 'hitting the gym' post, and BioDad very (IMO) honestly seemed to think the post was pre-June 4...he seemed to have no idea about the internet suspicions OR his wife's post-June 4 postings on FB.

Given this...and given SM's friend indicating that SM is VERY aware of internet speculation, I have to wonder how much SM and BioDad are communicating these past few weeks. Nothing to indicate guilt or innocence, but just an observation.

What I take from this is that the grandpa/Terri dad has a good honest, logical head on his shoulders. What I got from it is that there must be some doubt of her location that day, that she was seen in the pickup somewhere, that there is maybe some but not enough evidence, but that there is no body so far. Apparently there will be no confession expected. 50/50 sounds really bad to me. I wish he would have said what the felt the odds would be just by being the last person seen with a missing child. Surely that would be less than 50/50.

All I can say is wow... her own family is doubting her.

Let me put it this way.. if I were in this situation.. my family would be lying down on the railroad tracks for me... professing their belief in me as a good person and having ABSOLUTELY NO INVOLVEMENT IN SOMETHING SO HEINOUS.

That is not happening here.

What do they know about the family dynamic that we do not? What is going on here? I didn't even see Kain defending her in the interviews the other day other than in a cursory, going thru the motions way.

Either way, it rang my hinky meter.. but TM has not had to do much to ring my bell in that case. Now her family are doing it for me too... lots of bells ringing...

Nursie ... You nailed it in this post. ITA!!!!

I respectfully disagree. LE could not possibly form an opinion on that UNLESS they were examined. If I am to take Kaine at his word in the interview, LE has not searched the family computers in that home. So I question how they could arrive at the opinion that the unknown things on there are irrelevant to Kyron's disappearance.

IMHO it would take MONTHS of investigation to fully clear any of those closest to this child. Even iron-clad alibis only prove that a person was not physically present at said crime. It would require much research into a person's background and interactions in the time preceding a crime to prove they were not in some way involved if there is any question. I do not expect to hear from LE any time soon that ANYONE involved in Kyron's life has been totally cleared. And until they actually locate Kyron and bring him home, the investigation of those who are most likely to have means, motive and opportunity to have done this will continue.

That's what I think.

I have no clue why LE makes the decisions they make in this case or any other case but I have no doubt they do know.

I see no reason whatsoever for Kaine Horman to lie about the police have not checked their computers. He was very forthcoming that they have fully cooperated with LE and told them to search whatever they wanted to search if it would find Kyron. He also was honest that they had spoken many hours with LE at a time.

So what it indicates to me is LE knows something none of us knows.

I don't expect LE will come out and rule anyone out even if they know behind the scenes right now certain people aren't a suspect. They sure didn't rule anyone out or in during the Greone and Lunsford case or others. I don't think they will say anything until they have an arrest.

The problem in this case with a school filled with hundreds of people many people could have the means and a possible motive and opportunity.

IMO

Given his answer to one of the questions about the gym, I'd guess he has no idea about the internet interest in this case. I forget which interview it was, but the reporter was pointing to SM's 'hitting the gym' post, and BioDad very (IMO) honestly seemed to think the post was pre-June 4...he seemed to have no idea about the internet suspicions OR his wife's post-June 4 postings on FB.

Given this...and given SM's friend indicating that SM is VERY aware of internet speculation, I have to wonder how much SM and BioDad are communicating these past few weeks. Nothing to indicate guilt or innocence, but just an observation.

She didnt put "hitting the gym" on FB until about 4 days after Kyron went missing iirc.

imo

Although I am not too much of a TH fan... I have to honestly say that the latest People article was way too focused on TH instead of Kyron. The first clue without even having read the article at this point... was the caption under the huge family picture. It first identifies TH and then the name and relation of everyone else in the picture including step-son Kyron Horman. That was awkward for me to read that. I knew at that point that this was all going to be stuff that wasnt going to look too good for TH. With that being said... I am guessing that the quotes from TH's father were clipped and snipped to bring us the "WOW". There had to be some pro-TH comments that were in that interview and I feel those may have been edited out. Just one single sentence before or after the 50/50 comment could have made a significant difference in the context and/or meaning of that statement. But who knows.... all just my opinion only!

Although I am not too much of a TH fan... I have to honestly say that the latest People article was way too focused on TH instead of Kyron. The first clue without even having read the article at this point... was the caption under the huge family picture. It first identifies TH and then the name and relation of everyone else in the picture including step-son Kyron Horman. That was awkward for me to read that. I knew at that point that this was all going to be stuff that wasnt going to look too good for TH. With that being said... I am guessing that the quotes from TH's father were clipped and snipped to bring us the "WOW". There had to be some pro-TH comments that were in that interview and I feel those may have been edited out. Just one single sentence before or after the 50/50 comment could have made a significant difference in the context and/or meaning of that statement. But who knows.... all just my opinion only!

IMO, talking of/about the family IS keeping a focus on Kyron... It is Kyrons family he belongs to... how was he raised, who raised him, what are they like, who seen him last... ect.

If the media doesn't inquire about the family, what left is there... ??

The only thing we know for sure is his SM was the last one in that family to see him.... well, we don;t even know that for sure...

LE report only talked about Terri leaving the school and left Kyron at school walking towards his classroom .. the only problem is they didn't tell us if she lied or not.

These quotes are respectfully snipped so that my comments are relevant to a specific point.

Originally Posted by miabellamoure
Haven't read the article as of yet but, I would imagine TH's Dad is doing what many parents would do when their child is the focus of something horrible...defend.

Yup - like Anita Van der Sloot, and George & Cindy Anthony. I know there are others.

Don't forget the number one parental unit enabler: Jackie Peterson! These parents NEVER believe their child could do such a heinous thing.

In yesterday's interviews, Kaine stated the computers weren't searched.

But I think this thread's topic is the July 5th People magazine article. I have a copy, and have read it, and it doesn't have any info regarding computer searches, or whether or not they occurred.

Due to the fact that Kaine works from home, there could be proprietary info on the computers that may be tied up through his business. Otherwise I don't know why they wouldn't have given permission to search them if they are being totally cooperative.

SM seems very emotionally detached from Kyron. She almost acts surprised of the big deal this has become. I don't think she was expecting that.
Her husband and Kyron's bio-mom seem to treat SM with distance. IMO, they are suspicious of her.
The circumstantial evidence may be enough for an arrest. It seems to be piling up on her. If it's her, I hope some concrete evidence surfaces, otherwise, it would only take one on a jury to let her off.
I think she did something to him, maybe she didn't like how he was treating her daughter. So many things just don't add up with her.

I haven't read the article but could the 50-50 comment be meant to convey an idea of "it's anybody's guess"?

I doubt it.

If you bet on black or red in Vegas, you can say your chances of landing on red are 50/50. But in that bet, there are only two possibilities: landing on a black # or a red #. Same with asking whether the coin will land on heads or tails. That would indeed be "anybody's guess". In those cases though, black and red or heads and tails are the ONLY possibilities.

In a crime, there are a world of possibilities and that world gets smaller and smaller as things are considered. Sure you could take two random names out in the universe (let's say Donjeta and CaringCitizen for example) and say 50/50 but it wouldn't make any sense. There is not a 50% chance that Donjeta committed this crime and a 50% chance that I did.

In fact, the chance that you or I committed or would be arrested for this crime is ZERO. We are so far removed from it that our parents wouldn't even be interviewed about it. Our chances of being arrested for Kyron's disappearance are not "anybody's guess", they are in fact, ZERO.

I'm not commenting on whether Terri's father's percentage guess is accurate but I do want to point out that a 50% likelihood of being arrested for a specific crime is a very large number.

Another way to look at it in terms of this case would be to think if it was Desiree's father who had been interviewed. Do we think Desiree's dad would have said 50/50 chance that she would be arrested?

He wouldn't say 50/50 because her percentage of likelihood of arrest for this would not even come close to 50%. Sure, she would be a higher % than you and I or anyone else on this board would be but still, her % would be very, very small.

It's a good question you asked and I hope I made some sense in trying to convey my thoughts about it! Stayed up too late - goodnight!!

If I recall there were several of TH's friends quoted that defended her staunchly.

SM seems very emotionally detached from Kyron. She almost acts surprised of the big deal this has become. I don't think she was expecting that.
Her husband and Kyron's bio-mom seem to treat SM with distance. IMO, they are suspicious of her.
The circumstantial evidence may be enough for an arrest. It seems to be piling up on her. If it's her, I hope some concrete evidence surfaces, otherwise, it would only take one on a jury to let her off.
I think she did something to him, maybe she didn't like how he was treating her daughter. So many things just don't add up with her.
***snipped***

First, I am not singling you out. I value your posts and your info, and find many of your post well thought out and clearly written. But these are comments I am hearing so often, on so many sites, and I am simply using yours as a springboard for my post. Absolutely nothing personal...

How do we know she is detached emotionally, or how she seems to be? We haven't seen very much of her, and we didn't know her, or how she parented before Kyron went missing. We know what one person has said, and we don't know how much of that is actually true..I am just curious how we feel she is 'surprised' about what a big deal this has become? She didn't seem surprised at the PC-she seemed distraught, withdrawn and sorrowful, while appearing to make attempts at comfort towards the others. Is there an interview I have missed? I personally didn't feel Kaine seemed to treat her with distance. I felt he was strongly supporting her, standing behind her, but simply was not going to discuss her guilt or innocence (or the facts surrounding her) with the media. At the press conference, he held her close. In the bio-parent interview, he seemed supportive and confident in her. Outside of a lot of comments on the media site, we really don't know anything at all about TH, what she feels, thinks, or is experiencing now. She could be crying her eyes out all day and all night-how would we know? She could be on sedatives, under a doctors care, or enjoying life like she had no worries. How would we know? Again, outside of many comments on the media sites, (Yes, I have seen her FB, and no, I didn't particularly find anything there that upset me. The smileys I believe were for her friends benefit, telling them to smile-I have done the same, in a tragic situation; the sheet comment I believe, if memory serves me correctly, was to a friend who had come over and fixed the beds for her, to express her thanks).. We don't know anything at all about her parenting, her love for this child, what kind of relationship they had. We have not been privy to information-accurate information-to let us know these things. In the early articles, I had the impression that she was a caring involved mother, active in school and community activities, and well-liked. I certainly would not let the comments on the online news sites determine my impressions of this woman, especially as many of those-most of those-are most certainly written by people who never met her. We hear rumors-but rumors are not circumstantial evidence. I cannot base my opinions of these comments and rumors-I need facts. I cannot make an assumption based on dislike, or suspicion alone-I need to know details, accurate details-in order to make an opinion. I read the comments on the media site, and I am amazed, and many times I am disgusted-for people who don't know this woman, for those who 'think' she did it, but have no facts or evidence-...I am amazed. Simply amazed. She is being crucified in the comments, and I am willing to bet none or very few of those posters even know her. She may have been the last person to see Kyron-and she may have just been the last person we actually know about. I have to assume there is a link I missed with an interview with her...I would so appreciate it if this link could be posted so I CAN see it. I may have to revise my opinion and my mindset-if I see a link that supports her surprise, her uncaringness, or her poor parenting I will gladly reconsider how I feel. But until then, I have to stay fair, and open-minded. I need to continue to wait for facts, and details, to determine her guilt or innocence. I would have been NO fun at the historic witch trials-or I would have been one of the accused!

As far as circumstantial evidence, what do we know for facts, and what evidence they have? All we know is she took the child to school, and left him there. She said she left alone. We don't know if this is true. But we also don't know it is NOT true. But that is not evidence. Some will believe her, some will not. We don't know what she drove, we assume it was the truck. But it may have been the red mustang. A white truck-similar to hers-may have been seen at the school. it might have been a stranger, a pedophile or a parent of another child. In other words, what do we really know> For fact-to compile circumstantial evidence-what do we REALLY know? We know NOTHING-except that little Kyron is missing, and she took him to school. JMO

As a potential juror because I reside in Multnomah county I hope they have a lot more evidence in this case then what has been revealed so far before they arrest her. I could never convict her with what we know now.

As a potential juror because I reside in Multnomah county I hope they have a lot more evidence in this case then what has been revealed so far before they arrest her. I could never convict her with what we know now.

I don't want to be continue to be OT here...but I am glad some people on WS feel this way because if you go by the local sites, it is very scary. It reminds of me what happened in Chandra Levy case, as well as others already mentioned here, when nearly everyone has focused on and in their minds, convicted one person, and because of that, vital evidence that will help to convict the real offender now may have been lost (assuming the person they have on trial for Chandra's death is the right one now.)

Still OT for a second and then I will stop, many high-profile LE investigations have been extremely flawed-OJ, Jon Benet, Chandra, the two girls in Oregon,, bodies overlooked during searches-Chandra, Kayleigh, etc...so we should have a legitimate concern as to how LE handles these types of cases, yet still we mostly seem to give them benefit of the doubt immediately when they seem to zero in on one person. And everyone who agrees with LE in these instances may be wrong. LE has proven to be all too human in other cases.

THANK YOU for saying this. I feel the same way. I'd also like to think that if public opinion changed tomorrow, and any of the other parents were suddenly under fire, that I would feel the same way- until FACTS are presented. Not opinion, not rumour, but facts. It is nice to see that there are other people who are capable of following a case without any prejudice as to who is responsible because there are no facts yet.

***snipped***

First, I am not singling you out. I value your posts and your info, and find many of your post well thought out and clearly written. But these are comments I am hearing so often, on so many sites, and I am simply using yours as a springboard for my post. Absolutely nothing personal...

How do we know she is detached emotionally, or how she seems to be? We haven't seen very much of her, and we didn't know her, or how she parented before Kyron went missing. We know what one person has said, and we don't know how much of that is actually true..I am just curious how we feel she is 'surprised' about what a big deal this has become? She didn't seem surprised at the PC-she seemed distraught, withdrawn and sorrowful, while appearing to make attempts at comfort towards the others. Is there an interview I have missed? I personally didn't feel Kaine seemed to treat her with distance. I felt he was strongly supporting her, standing behind her, but simply was not going to discuss her guilt or innocence (or the facts surrounding her) with the media. At the press conference, he held her close. In the bio-parent interview, he seemed supportive and confident in her. Outside of a lot of comments on the media site, we really don't know anything at all about TH, what she feels, thinks, or is experiencing now. She could be crying her eyes out all day and all night-how would we know? She could be on sedatives, under a doctors care, or enjoying life like she had no worries. How would we know? Again, outside of many comments on the media sites, (Yes, I have seen her FB, and no, I didn't particularly find anything there that upset me. The smileys I believe were for her friends benefit, telling them to smile-I have done the same, in a tragic situation; the sheet comment I believe, if memory serves me correctly, was to a friend who had come over and fixed the beds for her, to express her thanks).. We don't know anything at all about her parenting, her love for this child, what kind of relationship they had. We have not been privy to information-accurate information-to let us know these things. In the early articles, I had the impression that she was a caring involved mother, active in school and community activities, and well-liked. I certainly would not let the comments on the online news sites determine my impressions of this woman, especially as many of those-most of those-are most certainly written by people who never met her. We hear rumors-but rumors are not circumstantial evidence. I cannot base my opinions of these comments and rumors-I need facts. I cannot make an assumption based on dislike, or suspicion alone-I need to know details, accurate details-in order to make an opinion. I read the comments on the media site, and I am amazed, and many times I am disgusted-for people who don't know this woman, for those who 'think' she did it, but have no facts or evidence-...I am amazed. Simply amazed. She is being crucified in the comments, and I am willing to bet none or very few of those posters even know her. She may have been the last person to see Kyron-and she may have just been the last person we actually know about. I have to assume there is a link I missed with an interview with her...I would so appreciate it if this link could be posted so I CAN see it. I may have to revise my opinion and my mindset-if I see a link that supports her surprise, her uncaringness, or her poor parenting I will gladly reconsider how I feel. But until then, I have to stay fair, and open-minded. I need to continue to wait for facts, and details, to determine her guilt or innocence. I would have been NO fun at the historic witch trials-or I would have been one of the accused!

As far as circumstantial evidence, what do we know for facts, and what evidence they have? All we know is she took the child to school, and left him there. She said she left alone. We don't know if this is true. But we also don't know it is NOT true. But that is not evidence. Some will believe her, some will not. We don't know what she drove, we assume it was the truck. But it may have been the red mustang. A white truck-similar to hers-may have been seen at the school. it might have been a stranger, a pedophile or a parent of another child. In other words, what do we really know> For fact-to compile circumstantial evidence-what do we REALLY know? We know NOTHING-except that little Kyron is missing, and she took him to school. JMO

Yeah, imagine Chandra's poor parents. Their child went missing for so long because all the media and public opinion focussed on her secret lover. To the point where searches were so lame and half-@ssed that they actually missed finding her body by yards. They weren't really looking for her body because they were so sure Gary was behind it. They didn't search her computer for how long? When proof was on her computer of where she had gone to run.

Sad. Find the missing person first. Then point the fingers.

I don't want to be continue to be OT here...but I am glad some people on WS feel this way because if you go by the local sites, it is very scary. It reminds of me what happened in Chandra Levy case, as well as others already mentioned here, when nearly everyone has focused on and in their minds, convicted one person, and because of that, vital evidence that will help to convict the real offender now may have been lost (assuming the person they have on trial for Chandra's death is the right one now.)

Still OT for a second and then I will stop, many high-profile LE investigations have been extremely flawed-OJ, Jon Benet, Chandra, the two girls in Oregon,, bodies overlooked during searches-Chandra, Kayleigh, etc...so we should have a legitimate concern as to how LE handles these types of cases, yet still we mostly seem to give them benefit of the doubt immediately when they seem to zero in on one person. And everyone who agrees with LE in these instances may be wrong. LE has proven to be all too human in other cases.

I haven't read the People article, so could someone pretty please tell me if Mr. Moulton mentioned his 16 year old grandson? Anything about why he left TH's house and came to live with him?

TIA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan