NEW Podcast Series on Jennifer Kesse Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&amp] Just finished listening to Unconcluded, episode four. Thank you again ShaunG2. Your work on Jennifer's story is greatly appreciated.

What is everyone’s thoughts about Lisa’s encounter/story? She is the person that worked at jewelry store. In 2006 or 2007 she believes Jennifer along with a man came in her store. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Her recollection was extremely detailed. She is trained that way being in jewelry industry. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Am not sure what to think about it right now. I do wonder why she didn’t sound the alarm if she suspected the young lady was in trouble/being abused? Though, this may be too extreme thinking on my part. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]This lady was unaware of Jennifer Kesse’s story until 2017, and it was then that she thought the girl in her store was Jennifer. [/FONT]

I listened to the podcast and the woman in the jewelry store was very convincing. I believe that the incident occurred. I find it completely plausible that the men could be driving around, their female companion is depressed and uncooperative, so they hear an ad on the radio for that jewerly store and decide to take the trafficked victim there and make her feel better by getting her some jewelry.
I think she truly believes that she saw Jennifer Kesse.

But the human trafficking angle gives me pause. Does trafficking exist? Of course it does. And it's not just teenage runaways. In fact, when I was in the armed forces, wives of US servicemen, usually blondes, disappeared without a trace from a certain NATO country in the Mideast in the late 1970s. These aren't urban legends, either. Military police who investigated the cases told me about them a couple years later when they were my roommates at a military leadership academy and they were comfortable enough with me to talk about the cases when I inquired.

But still, this is America, and Jennifer Kesse was street-smart, security-conscious, and well-educated, not to mention bilingual, which could help get you out of some situations. The woman in that jewelry store was clearly controlled and mentally beaten up. Could Jennifer have been reduced to that and been unable to escape or call attention to her plight? I find that hard to believe, or want to, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member