New poison charges added to case of Tracy woman

Discussion in 'Sandra Cantu' started by oceanblueeyes, May 22, 2009.

1. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Active Member

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12428230?nclick_check=1

Melissa Huckaby is scheduled to appear in San Joaquin County Superior Court today for further arraignment on charges that she kidnapped, raped and murdered 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

Her scheduled appearance comes after prosecutors filed additional charges against Huckaby alleging that she tried to poison two people.

2. Loading...

3. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

From link that OBE provided:

Hmmm. Interesting. MH's history is starting to slowly unfold.

4. Salem

Salem Former Member

Praying with all my might that she pleads guilty today!!!!!

Salem

5. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

holy ****! Poisoning....

6. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

taken from the link above...

WHO IS DANIEL PLOWMAN?

7. Kat

Another article:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7644472&page=1

May 22, 2009

Will someone please read the first page of the article at the link I posted and help me determine if this is the young girl that we were discussing here already from Jan? I think that she is...

Now who the heck is Daniel? wowza.

8. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Active Member

Yes, it is the same little 7 year old.

imo

9. joga

joga New Member

"the man has not been located"

that statement could end up going a whole bunch of different ways! you never know what may have happened to him with MH!

10. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

Daniel Plowman is a new character here (I think). He obviously is an adult since they published his name, but where in the world does he tie into this horror? Someone she dated or perhaps stalked? Someone from the church? Since they are bringing him into it...wouldn't he have to be from inside the county?

11. Lovejac

Lovejac These boys are my heartstrings!

Good God! I said that I wasn't going to log in and read today. I needed a break after Gavin, Garett, Ty, Tori......

But yet, here I am. This is so disturbing...

12. Kat

I did a brief search and I did find more than one DP. I can't determine which is the correct DP so I won't post any of the links. It's just too iffy as to which he might be if he is any of the ones that I see, he may very well not be either of them.

O/T but the blog that "we can't link to and aren't supposed to talk about" came up during a search...it's a fine illustration of irresponsible blogging/posting. I had to roll my eyes ~ good grief.

I am also intrigued by the wording that he hasn't been located yet, joga. I hope this man survived his poisoning. :eek:

13. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I hear ya. Alot of cases hopping this week.

14. SeriouslySearching

15. SeriouslySearching

Sorry if this was posted before:

Madison's father, Johnny Huckaby of Arkansas, last month filed paperwork to take back his daughter and got the judge to grant him temporary custody. Johnny Huckaby went to Oregon, where he was told Madison was staying, but he found that Lawless had already taken her back to Cypress. Lawless had taken Madison to Oregon to avoid the media, court records state.

Lawless, who was unaware that Johnny Huckaby had been awarded custody, fought back and submitted paperwork to keep her granddaughter. Court documents state that Madison has had little or no contact with her father for four years. Madison lived with Lawless in Cypress from fall 2004 to June 2008, when Huckaby moved to Tracy.

"It is a great injustice for our granddaughter to be placed with a father that she does not know and has had no contact with for the last four years," the court document states.

Johnny Huckaby states in court documents that he was denied contact with his daughter.

Also in court documents, Johnny Huckaby wrote that when he tried to call her in jail, his ex-wife was on suicide watch after trying to swallow three razor blades. He also stated that Huckaby had forged her mother's signature.

A custody hearing is set for July 6.

Kevin Qualls, Lawless' attorney, declined to comment through a receptionist, who hung up the phone on a reporter.

Johnny Huckaby's attorney, Ann Thompson, could not be reached for comment.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/huckaby-court-madison-2424701-lawless-johnny

16. joga

joga New Member

the fact that they haven't located him suggests to me that maybe she is spilling her guts and they are trying to cut whatever kind of deal they can get, otherwise i wonder how they would have found out about him??

here's to hoping she pleads guilty today.

17. Kat

Hmm, excuse me while I am just a bit sarcastic today:

We have a woman who has been accused of:

Arsons

Child endangerment

Furnishing a harmful substance to a child

Furnishing a harmful substance to an adult male

Forgery (signing her Mother's name to legal documents)

Murder with special circumstances for rape with a foreign object, committing lewd and lascivious acts on a child and kidnapping

Her ex-husband is asserting the following about her (I'm sure he has a lot to share) :

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/ful...d=2594324&widget=push&open=&#comments_2594324

She's looking more and more like a straight up sociopath. JMHO.

18. SleuthyMama

SleuthyMama Listening to my gut

Yeah, how would poisoning an adult man fit in here? We know the intended purpose of drugging the children but how does this guy figure in?

This woman was just one big screaming pile of "pay attention to me!" Between the setting of the fires, the suicide attempts, the inserting herself into Sandra's case before LE knew to look at her as a POI...

The more I learn about her the more afraid I am.

19. lawlady84

lawlady84 New Member

My first thought was that maybe the poisoning of the adult male stemmed from her story about being raped. THAT I could comprehend; the rest of this...no way

20. Kat

Even if we take her gender out of the equation when we look at these accusations and actual charges ~ yes LawLady the person that commited these crimes is one scary human being! Plain and simple, I bet my bottom dollar that the crimes did not begin back with the alleged arsons, I'll be willing to bet the farm that this criminal has a L-O-N-G history of crime even though relatively young.

21. SleuthyMama

SleuthyMama Listening to my gut

And I'm going to go on record agreeing with you Kat but also add that it would not surprise me to find out that her "issues" have been covered up and reasoned away by a very religious family with a reputation they wanted to keep clean and prestigious.