New Search Warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
SG, You need to take Madam to JA Young's abode to steal yard ornaments...or maybe political signs. Anything to strike up a conversation. We NEED to know about those STICKS! Now!

And would someone one please tell WRAL to "get on the stick" and get that SW posted! Geez, no one moves fast enough around here:)

Maybe re the sticks-one of NC's friends was able to say they were there always and now they're not. Where are they?

Ooooh maybe he'd feel compelled to arrest Madame for stealing lawn ornaments, esp if she committed the crime right in front of him. (my friend's Great Dane would occasionally steal a stuffed toy from Petsmart, hiding it in his mouth, keeping his mouth closed, and only spitting it out later in the car. hehehe)

I need to know about all the evidence, not just the sticks.

Boy that Ed Crump has been getting the goods first all week! Exclusive video of Brad's arrest @ home and now first breaking story on the news about the new warrant.

I've been thinking about those sticks.

In the depo, Brad is asked what items are in the foyer. He says there is a vase that the girls sometimes put stuffed animals in. He said it was a tall vase. AS asked whether there were flowers or sticks in it? Brad said the kids may have thrown a stick in the vase, but normally just stuffed animals.

Brad also mentions that at Diana D's party he was with the girls picking up sticks and stones.

If the police found sticks behind or under the key table that were suspicious you'd think they would have taken them, but they are not listed. So how did AS know to ask a question? Unless Nancy told AS that Brad had threatened her with one previously?

Thanks RC - just curious.

If her friends know details about what items were placed where in the house, then my hat is off the them. I would not be able to recall what my neighbor has in their house and if something was moved or not. If they can remember where a vase sat, then wow...Better memory then I will ever have.

In the depo, Brad is asked what items are in the foyer. He says there is a vase that the girls sometimes put stuffed animals in. He said it was a tall vase. AS asked whether there were flowers or sticks in it? Brad said the kids may have thrown a stick in the vase, but normally just stuffed animals.

Brad also mentions that at Diana D's party he was with the girls picking up sticks and stones.

If the police found sticks behind or under the key table that were suspicious you'd think they would have taken them, but they are not listed. So how did AS know to ask a question? Unless Nancy told AS that Brad had threatened her with one previously?

Could the sticks just be those decorative twiggy branches you see at Michael's floral department? Don't know about now, but used to be everybody had a tall vase in the foyer with those or similar - sometimes pussywillow, etc. But AS did seem to make a big deal of the vase and moving it around.

Back to the possibility they are seizing computers, I guess they may be interested in what he has done via computer since the last search warrant while he's been holed up at home. Also, while I check Websleuths on this case often, I am not on enough to know this but some of you may be--have any regular posters "vanished" since Brad's arrest? I know there has been speculation in the past that he was lurking.

SW inventories are kind of misleading in some ways. We all know fingerprints are collected at what is believed to be a crime scene but this never shows on a search warrant inventory. There are numerous forensic valued samples collected that don't show up on an inventory list. What we know that was collected and listed on the inventory is most liekly less than half at least of what was collected during the execution of the warrant. If sticks were found it is possible there was some forensic value to them and therefore the collection would not be listed.

Also, and this will bring howling I am sure, but it is not uncommon for LE to provide questions to insurance companies if a person suspected (in LE's mind) as being involved in a murder attempts to claim an insurance benefit. This happens when there is a suspicious death and someone makes a claim for the money - the insuror often requires a deposition. It is not out of the realm of possibility that LE also provided a question or two to TS for the custody deposition. And before all the screeching starts, LE can provide a question but are not willing nor obligated to provide the answer or the interest concerning such question.

Ooooh maybe he'd feel compelled to arrest Madame for stealing lawn ornaments, esp if she committed the crime right in front of him. (my friend's Great Dane would occasionally steal a stuffed toy from Petsmart, hiding it in his mouth, keeping his mouth closed, and only spitting it out later in the car. hehehe)

I need to know about all the evidence, not just the sticks.

Boy that Ed Crump has been getting the goods first all week! Exclusive video of Brad's arrest @ home and now first breaking story on the news about the new warrant.

Isn't it something how Durham always gets the raleigh news before wral.

When does the Rentz family ask for NC belongings such as the necklace or any other family heirloom? What about the kids belongings?

Would the CPD obtain items through a search warrant and then turn them over to the Rentz family?

Earlier the Rentzes asked for her jewelry and hats.

Q - senility is taking over...were the necklaces the friends have similar to the one of Nancy's? (Please notice how this is worded and be sensitive in your answer if you remember.)

were the necklaces the friends have similar to the one of Nancy's?

Yes, Nancy liked HP's diamond necklace and asked for one in 2007. She picked out 2 she liked (according to Brad) and they obtained the less expensive one. On the stand HP said Nancy's necklace was similar to hers.

ETA: There might be another necklace...I'm recalling a simple silver heart on a short chain given to each of Nancy's friends (and I'm thinking this was after Nancy went missing). Or I'm possibly hallucinating, but I know I saw something about this.

SW inventories are kind of misleading in some ways. We all know fingerprints are collected at what is believed to be a crime scene but this never shows on a search warrant inventory. There are numerous forensic valued samples collected that don't show up on an inventory list. What we know that was collected and listed on the inventory is most liekly less than half at least of what was collected during the execution of the warrant. If sticks were found it is possible there was some forensic value to them and therefore the collection would not be listed.

Also, and this will bring howling I am sure, but it is not uncommon for LE to provide questions to insurance companies if a person suspected (in LE's mind) as being involved in a murder attempts to claim an insurance benefit. This happens when there is a suspicious death and someone makes a claim for the money - the insuror often requires a deposition. It is not out of the realm of possibility that LE also provided a question or two to TS for the custody deposition. And before all the screeching starts, LE can provide a question but are not willing nor obligated to provide the answer or the interest concerning such question.

Thanks for the info, RC. So Brad's defense team would be finding out only now about the full list of items removed from the house.

Yes, Nancy liked HP's diamond necklace and asked for one in 2007. She picked out 2 she liked (according to Brad) and they obtained the less expensive one. On the stand HP said Nancy's necklace was similar to hers.

ETA: There might be another necklace...I'm recalling a simple silver heart on a short chain given to each of Nancy's friends (and I'm thinking this was after Nancy went missing). Or I'm possibly hallucinating, but I know I saw something about this.

SG you are absolutely correct. If you look at interviews with JA and HP you can see the silver heart shaped and I know that these were given to JA and HP by the Rentz's after nancy went missing.

Thanks for the info, RC. So Brad's defense team would be finding out only now about the full list of items removed from the house.

Once Brad was arrested and the lawyer appointed - the process of transferring discovery begins. So yes, the DA would now be required to start turning over in a timely manner, the information from the investigation files to Mr. Kurtz.

Once Brad was arrested and the lawyer appointed - the process of transferring discovery begins. So yes, the DA would now be required to start turning over in a timely manner, the information from the investigation files to Mr. Kurtz.

hmmm....more than 1 way to skin this info seeking cat.
<preparing resume to send to K&B>

I'd resign after I saw the content of all the files...just trying to think outside the box here. :wink:
Na, don't associate yourself with them...even for the sake of scoop gathering. Much eaiser just to ask Mr. Kurtz to come mow your lawn (or rake leaves this time of year) and take Madame for a walk. Afterwards, invite him to belly up to the bar for a beer and chat.......

<applies for window washing job with company that services K&B offices... askeered of heights....rethinks application>

What's a girl gotta do to get arrested info in this town anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes