New Website on Ramsey case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
tipper said:
Every time they went on Larry King, every press conference, even their book all contributed to keeping the case in the public eye. As I said before - if they were guilty they would have disappeared into the wood-work long ago.

A political campaign is all about self-promotion. That's what they're for.
But it was all about THEM!! Other parents of murdered children campaign for changes in the law - the Ramseys focused on themselves. Even their book was about them!

He didn't run for Congress, he ran for the state legislature. There is a big difference.
And I am just an ignorant foreigner. Nevertheless, I was referring to his run for office - as I am sure you are well aware.

You can dismiss what Mary Lacy says but the fact remains they have met with her and she has made statements that reflect positively on the Ramseys.
She has made statements which do not reflect negatively upon them, but they were enigmatic statements nevertheless. The FACT is that they gave no *real* details.

They have hired investigators and those people have turned information over to BPD.
And the investigation remains unsolved. They could have saved their money and helped the investigation by sitting down with police and answering questions WITHOUT a long list of unreasonable conditions. The Ramsey PIs have spun a load of lies as we know with the Tracey III fiasco.

If Tricia didn't actually intend for the Ramseys to take her up on her offer then she should stop saying things like: "Since the Ramseys didn't take me up on my offer I am turning the website into something else."
Did anyone say she didn't "intend" for them to take the offer up? I think the word was "expect". There is a difference. You can have hope without expectation.

tipper said:
Every time they went on Larry King, every press conference, even their book all contributed to keeping the case in the public eye. As I said before - if they were guilty they would have disappeared into the wood-work long ago.

Their book?? It was self serving tripe and one big 'woe is me' campaign. Had nothing to do with keeping the case alive - had everything to do with damage control for their own benefit.

A political campaign is all about self-promotion. That's what they're for.

So it's okay that he admitted he used his daughter's murder to further his career?

You can dismiss what Mary Lacy says but the fact remains they have met with her and she has made statements that reflect positively on the Ramseys.

Can't honestly say I know anything about Mary Lacy, but you can bet your boots if she says positive things about the Ramsey's they will meet with her time and time again. I wonder if they would be so accomodating if she wasn't so positive?

They have hired investigators and those people have turned information over to BPD.

The stuff that does not incriminate the Ramseys, I'll bet. Just the fact that 'They have hired' starts that sentence already makes whomever they may have hired suspect - not to mention a waste of money.

OMG - Jayelles - this is getting scary!!! :eek: :eek:

I took a break while typing this, too. But I am at work - nothing so lovely as cake to distract me!! LOL

If the stuff the Ramsey PIs tried to "sell" on Tracey III is anything to go by, then their investigating skills stink. They apparently knew Mr X had a website for his jewellery business, yet they didn't bother to call the telephone number on it - choosing instead to claim he had "disappeared". an internet sleuth made contact with him within hours of knowing his identity and found out that he was living in a different state at the time of the murder - on probation no less! His criminal record does not report any defaults on his probation.

There are better sleuths following the case on the Internet than those who got paid to investigate this case.

QUOTE>>As far as maintaining or not maintaining a website we don't know what they have been advised<<

Whenever people try and defend the Ramsey's they say stuff like this, that the Ramsey's have been ill advised.
Well I don't buy it, John and Patsy Ramsey arent fools and to suggest they started acting like ones post JonBenet's death is too much for me to accept.
It seems to be a very convenient way to explain away the Ramsey's inexplicable actions.

narlacat said:
QUOTE>>As far as maintaining or not maintaining a website we don't know what they have been advised<<

Whenever people try and defend the Ramsey's they say stuff like this, that the Ramsey's have been ill advised.
Well I don't buy it, John and Patsy Ramsey arent fools and to suggest they started acting like ones post JonBenet's death is too much for me to accept.
It seems to be a very convenient way to explain away the Ramsey's inexplicable actions.
I assume you must be talking to me since you used a quote from my post. But that's the only hint since I said nothing about being "ill-advised."

What I said was: "As far as maintaining or not maintaining a website we don't know what they have been advised. I know at one point they were taken to task for the amount of their reward. Turns out that was the amount Douglas and John Walsh recommended. Too large a reward and all the crazies come out."

Neither you nor Tricia nor anyone else here knows what they have been advised to do re a website. Perhaps they were told that at this point all they would get were hate messages from the same types who screamed "Murderers!" at them in the streets.

I'm curious, how often have websites solved a crime? How often have websites solved a 10 year old crime?

Perhaps many of those who are so annoyed that the Ramseys don't have a site are actually just feeling cheated that they don't have a place where they can spew venom directly at them.

Rupert said:
Well, if the RDI, then I guess the mystery is in why and what happened there.

If there was more blood in the brain injury, then I would tend towards an RDI rage/accident cover up. But the facts seem to point very much towards vicious premeditated garroting.

Tricia, you seem so convinced of RDI. I would like to know why (besides the impression that they lawyered up).
Why the balloons?

The balloons were put on by the webmaster. No reason.

Rupert, there is so much evidence that a RDI I don't know where to begin.

A good place to read is another website a bunch of us put together when John ran for the state legislature. Read it all please for a good idea of the evidence.
www.supportramseytruth.com

That's a start.

Jayelles said:
I think you may have missed the whole point here (or maybe I have). I'm not sure that Tricia really expected the Ramseys to take up HER offer of a tip website. I do think she may have hoped that ther offer might have shamed them into setting up their own.

DING DING DING. We have a winner :clap:

I was hoping that by showing that a nobody like me owned the domain JonBenet Ramsey dot org (and I was using it to show just how much the Ramseys don't seem to care about finding their daughter's killer) the Ramseys might take action. Do something crazy like actually put up a website to keep their daughter's memory alive.

Silly me.

My plan didn't work.

tipper said:
I assume you must be talking to me since you used a quote from my post. But that's the only hint since I said nothing about being "ill-advised."

What I said was: "As far as maintaining or not maintaining a website we don't know what they have been advised. I know at one point they were taken to task for the amount of their reward. Turns out that was the amount Douglas and John Walsh recommended. Too large a reward and all the crazies come out."

Neither you nor Tricia nor anyone else here knows what they have been advised to do re a website. Perhaps they were told that at this point all they would get were hate messages from the same types who screamed "Murderers!" at them in the streets.

I'm curious, how often have websites solved a crime? How often have websites solved a 10 year old crime?

Perhaps many of those who are so annoyed that the Ramseys don't have a site are actually just feeling cheated that they don't have a place where they can spew venom directly at them.

Tipper, come on. Are you suggesting that the Ramseys are not keeping their daughters name in the public eye is because they might get too many crazies? WHAT???

Who in the world would advise them NOT to have a website?

Besides, there are many Ramsey insiders, friends, code 6 wingnuts (Susan Bennet aka Jameson) who would gladly keep up a website for them. All the Ramseys need do is say the word. Yet, their silence is deafening.

By the way the Ramseys had a website for a few years. Then, when they didn't feel the need to keep up the charade, it came down.

Tipper, read right here please.
http://www.supportramseytruth.com/jbr-foundation-truths.htm

This shows just how much the Ramseys will LIE to make themselves look good. The JBR Foundation is just the tip of the iceberg

sissi said:
Why don't you write a book Tricia and present your case? If it's that solid I would certainly read it, and I take an opposite position. You can CYA by clearly stating it is your belief based on information you have heard, read, seen.
Sissi, you have always been so sweet and very easy to get along with. Even though we are on different sides of the fence I respect you and I am glad you are at WS.

As far as writing a book, it's just not in future. I like what I do with the websites and other projects.

Someday, someone, someone very big and well known, will write the real truth on the case. I can feel it. :)

Kaly said:
That's great, Tricia, but please know that I have been threatened by lawyers for much less than that. I started a little forum for renters to vent on, at my apartment community. I received a scary "Cease and Desist" letter which I chose to call their bluff by ignoring. The Ramseys may not be as patient, and you already know they are litigious!

They cannot win a Defamation suit if, (1) What you say is true, (2) you feel you have a duty to disseminate such information, and (3) it is only your opinion and you state that. However, if they do file suit, it can cost you lots in legal fees if you choose to defend your assets. Of course you can always file bankrupty on them if they win, but who wants to be driven to that point?

It happened to Christina Macewicz who has a forum about the convicted killer; Jeffrey MacDonald's attorneys actually filed suit against her. The little twits.

I had a lovely cousin who disappeared over 20 years ago. In the newspaper articles, the parents swore they would keep her in the media forever. Well, guess what, there is nothing about the parents out there after the 8th anniversary of her disappearance! It's like they moved away and just gave it up! So maybe it's not so unusual that the Ramseys want to put it behind them. Sure, it makes me angry as hell, and also about my cousin, and I don't understand that behavior at all. If it were my daughter I would bugging the media every, single year, but I'm much more persistent than most people. I've come to think that it's human nature to be lazy and to not be willing to bear the pain for very long.

Kaly, you are very kind to worry.

I have taken steps to protect myself but it seems I need not worry.

Lin Wood and the Ramseys have always ignored what I have done. Even during John's run for office.

It's actually smart on the Ramseys part to ignore what we do. If they even hint that they are bothered by it then we will get more attention which is the LAST thing the Ramseys want.

I will base everything I put up on the Hall of Shame on facts. Facts that can be checked. If I do offer an opinion it will be clearly stated.

To be honest, I would pop open the bubbly if Wood sued me. Then we could finally get an audience to listen to the truth. However, I would never do anything to try and provoke the Ramseys or Wood to sue me. I would only do my very best to tell the truth and present the facts.

If Wood sent me a cease and desist order I would use it to line my cat box, if I had cat that is.

which is the Boulder Police Dept.....starting with John Ellers and Steve Thomas. Then add the cable talking heads such as Geraldo....Wecht...and a massive list of others....that's where the shame belongs.

The Boulder Police blew it the first day and the coroner missed the stun gun marks which could have sent the investigation in another direction. If there was any chance of finding the intruder, it was in the early days and the Ramseys offered experts to them on a silver platter.

The Ramseys don't know who did it.....and the trail is cold. The more random the perp, the less likely anyone can solve the case--unless there's a confession or DNA match. They wanted the investigation in the hands of the DA--once that occurred all they can do is leave it up to them.

Maikai said:
which is the Boulder Police Dept.....starting with John Ellers and Steve Thomas. Then add the cable talking heads such as Geraldo....Wecht...and a massive list of others....that's where the shame belongs.

The Boulder Police blew it the first day and the coroner missed the stun gun marks which could have sent the investigation in another direction. If there was any chance of finding the intruder, it was in the early days and the Ramseys offered experts to them on a silver platter.

The Ramseys don't know who did it.....and the trail is cold. The more random the perp, the less likely anyone can solve the case--unless there's a confession or DNA match. They wanted the investigation in the hands of the DA--once that occurred all they can do is leave it up to them.

Ummmm, sure, why not?

Well, I will tell you why not.....IT IS NOT A DNA CASE.

How come when you point out to an IDI that there is Ramsey fibres / DNA all over JBR, they scream 'OF course there is, they live in the same house', but when you point out the lack of intruder fibres / dna, it's becuase they were either too careful (perp wearing Patsy's jacket, anyone??), or they mention this TEENY, TINY partial dna that could actually have been there through JBR brushing off somebody who brushed off somebody else. JBR was not bathed daily, and had terrible toilet habits.

Get over it.

tipper said:

The part I have bolded is a little contradictory. You start by saying that nobody here know what they have been advised to do re a website. Then continue in your next sentence to be the only one speculating on what they may have been advised.

You are also assuming that people want to spew venom at them. I think you are being a little to quick to jump the gun. To say the least. ME? I want to see more effort from the Ramseys. I want a website. I want contact information on that website. You bet your boots if they did, it would be one less thing for me to 'spew' about them. However, if the contact information shows that all tips and info go through the Ramseys first, before LE you can also bet your boots I will be posting (i.e.spewing venom) on here (not directly at them) like it's going out of fashion.

The last part of your post is just just plain insulting and downright mean.

The Boulder Police did blow it the first day, by assuming the Ramseys were honest people who were going through a kidnapping and not securing the crime scene during the tea party. Arndt never should have been there alone trying to deal with the situation, there should have been a whole slew of cops raking the entire house and property for evidence from minute one, never assuming the crime that occurred was a kidnapping and nothing more. The Ramsey house should have been off limits to anyone other than police officials and the Ramseys themselves, and they should have been interrogated from the second the child was found dead in the basement. Arndt never should have sent civilians around the search the premeses, much less the subject of that bizarre ransom note (which should have raised red flags with police immediately just by the very length and style of it).

Someone in the Ramsey house committed that crime, and then the police unwittingly helped them cover it up by failing to follow correct police procedure. There's never been another crime like it because there was no intruder who is now on the loose. Don't you think if there was a madman out there who got away with a crime like this, there would have been a repeat of it by now? What foreign faction? Why John Ramsey? Why his daughter? Why only $118,000? There are much richer fat cats to trap than a penny-ante Boulder businessman, and much higher ransoms to demand. The perp didn't even take the child - no kidnapper out there is going to leave a ransom note and then not take the child for ransom, dead or not. Parents will pay big bucks to get back their child, even if it's just to see her properly buried. I know I would.

And what perp sits inside the house for hours, not bringing his own note but waiting til he gets there to write the Gone With The Wind of ransom notes, and then sits inside the house *with the family upstairs asleep* and molests and kills the kidnap victim? Depends upon the family of the home he's targeting to provide him with not only the materials for the ransom note, but the materials for the murder/kidnapping? What killer/kidnapper is going to wipe down and redress the child he's just attacked, wrapping her in a blanket? That was the work of someone who cared about her - her own parent.

This was obviously an accidental death that was covered up, a series of unfortunate events starring the Ramseys and only the Ramseys. No other scene involving an intruder makes as much sense, certainly not one where the perp wears patsy's jacket or leaves with the dead child and then returns her. A Ramsey killed JonBenet, and the rest of them helped cover it up.

The case has been debated ad nauseum. When you take the totality of the evidence, there's no doubt it was an intruder, and the possibilities are endless, considering the the public visibility of the family that month and the easy accessbility into the home if someone got an idea. I don't know what people expect the Ramseys to do at this point. The BPD condemned them almost from the first day. These were the people entrusted to do what's right. Eller's wanted to be the hero in solving the case---and the battle lines were drawn when the Ramseys wouldn't cozy up to him, and the BPD got embarrassed.

Steve Thomas has been exposed as one of the big leakers in the case--if he couldn't have it his way, he made sure to put out false or misleading information to taint public opinion. He should have been taken off the case by Koby---he was incapable of being objective. If the shame game is going to be played, then put responsibility where it belongs.

Nuisanceposter said:
This was obviously an accidental death that was covered up, a series of unfortunate events starring the Ramseys and only the Ramseys. No other scene involving an intruder makes as much sense, certainly not one where the perp wears patsy's jacket or leaves with the dead child and then returns her. A Ramsey killed JonBenet, and the rest of them helped cover it up.

There is nothing in any of the Ramsey's past to indicate they had the criminal mind to cover up an "accident"; to fashion a garrotte; use a stun gun; or had the knowledge of movie lines and themes to even be capable of writing the note.

The crime scene indicates someone that knowledge of these things (ie: a young punk--possibly on drugs); that wasn't a stranger to violence. The neighborhood of University Hill was home to transcients and drug users and escalating crimes. This is more likely the psyche of the intruder, then a Ramsey with absolutely no history of violence or knowledge of activities that occurred against JBR when she was murdered.

1. I believe in the intruder theory BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN I SUPPORT THE PARENTS.

2. I long ago - emailed the Ramseys without a reply :rolleyes: to the effect:

"if you believe an intruder killed your daughter, why is it that people have to purchase the book in order to find out the "new evidence" you and others claim to have. If you truly have/had new evidence and theories, why not just give them to the Police & DA INSTEAD of writing a book and making money...."

3. I also think the initial police (linda & steve) to name a few... also tremendously failed that little girl..... and it was a shame steve wrote a book to profit as well. I think someone like him who had NO homicide experience was way out to lunch.

Just my thoughts thus far.

Maikai said:
There is nothing in any of the Ramsey's past to indicate they had the criminal mind to cover up an "accident"; to fashion a garrotte; use a stun gun; or had the knowledge of movie lines and themes to even be capable of writing the note.

The crime scene indicates someone that knowledge of these things (ie: a young punk--possibly on drugs); that wasn't a stranger to violence. The neighborhood of University Hill was home to transcients and drug users and escalating crimes. This is more likely the psyche of the intruder, then a Ramsey with absolutely no history of violence or knowledge of activities that occurred against JBR when she was murdered.
Well, if we don't know that the Ramseys did know how to fashion garottes or use stun guns (despite having one complete with video, Spanish or not - you don't need to understand the language to follow what you see on the screen) or had seen any movies with lines plagarized in the note (but we know Nick of Time was on at the Whites', so that blows that), then we also don't know that they didn't.

We also don't know that the Ramseys have no history of violence or no knowledge of activities the night JB died. The Ramseys are all about superficial presentation; what was going on under the surface of how the Ramseys truly lived day to day is not what they allowed others to see. How many people who saw JB all dolled up in make up and highlights and pageant gowns were aware that she had a serious and persistant problem with wetting the bed?

Very little evidence points to an intruder when compared to the evidence that points to RDI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios
Back