News station found video of THE DUCT TAPE on posters at the Anthony home!

It makes me sad when someone says they can't take LE at their word. Any of us could need them one day .Every day that they go out to do their job THEIR life is on the line.They may not make it home on any given workday because they are protecting US.
For those sick of hearing about my son,leave now LOL,but I really want to share my experience with LE and the coronor.
After our son committed suicide in our home[he was 15years and 5days old] a CSI unit and County Sheriff's detectives went through our home.The detectives and coronor came to the hospital.The detectives showed us the note James had written and cried as we read it.The coroner was so compassionate,while being very professional.They cared,but they had a job to do.They had to rule out foul play . They verified everything we told them about that day.They took things,downloaded stuff off the computers,talked to our neighbors,friends and relatives.It was uncomfortable for us ,but we made it through.We told the truth and it was verified.Their are some really good guys in LE.Really good.And the Coroner was top notch,even though I struggled to get through her report.It took James several minutes to die from asphixiation,as it probably did Caylee.Something I choose not to dwell on.
Had KC told the truth,had the Anthony's told the truth,they would not be in combat mode with LE.They would have embraced the help of Tim Miller.They wouldn't have needed to turn to people like the M's,from KF's ,with their criminal records.They would have had help from legitimate sources.
LE WILL find out where the duct tape on the posters came from.They will get stastics from Henkal and all the distributors.They want justice for Caylee,too.
Too bad everyone can't see that,but the only people that matter in the end are the 12 jurors.NO WAY will 12 people say KC is not guilty.Maybe one,then she can sit in jail while the state gets a do-over,just like the Phil S case.LKB wasn't able to pull the smoke n mirrors twice.PS was convicted the second go around.

Missed this question and JWG beat me to the punch on the numbers but if you read the document, really read it, you will see that the units sold are there. Also the $ of product sold. If you divide the $ of product sold by the number sold, you will see that it comes to $2.85 for Lowe's. So in answer to the bolded item above.....

It would be per roll. Unless you believe that they sold an entire pallet, box, or semi truck load of 200 Degree duct tape for $2.84. If so, I need to get an email the next time they sell duct tape for $2.84 per truck load so I can stock up. You can never have too much duct tape.

Sometimes you do have to actually read the documents and apply some common sense. I don't believe that even JB will be able to dispute the numbers. They are there in black and white and can not be manipulated to be what he wants them to be.

It would be nice to know from Lowe's how these were distributed but even if they all went to Orlando it would still prove to be a rather small percentage of the entire population and if people who purchased this tape bought more that 1 roll at time that percentage becomes even smaller.

It is rare. It is no longer manufactured or sold. It has not been sold/manufactured since 2006.

BBM
Given the recent motions that have come from the defense ,I would expect him to at least try! But he won't be successful.

It makes me sad when someone says they can't take LE at their word. Any of us could need them one day .Every day that they go out to do their job THEIR life is on the line.They may not make it home on any given workday because they are protecting US.
For those sick of hearing about my son,leave now LOL,but I really want to share my experience with LE and the coronor.
After our son committed suicide in our home[he was 15years and 5days old] a CSI unit and County Sheriff's detectives went through our home.The detectives and coronor came to the hospital.The detectives showed us the note James had written and cried as we read it.The coroner was so compassionate,while being very professional.They cared,but they had a job to do.They had to rule out foul play . They verified everything we told them about that day.They took things,downloaded stuff off the computers,talked to our neighbors,friends and relatives.It was uncomfortable for us ,but we made it through.We told the truth and it was verified.Their are some really good guys in LE.Really good.And the Coroner was top notch,even though I struggled to get through her report.It took James several minutes to die from asphixiation,as it probably did Caylee.Something I choose not to dwell on.
Had KC told the truth,had the Anthony's told the truth,they would not be in combat mode with LE.They would have embraced the help of Tim Miller.They wouldn't have needed to turn to people like the M's,from KF's ,with their criminal records.They would have had help from legitimate sources.
LE WILL find out where the duct tape on the posters came from.They will get stastics from Henkal and all the distributors.They want justice for Caylee,too.
Too bad everyone can't see that,but the only people that matter in the end are the 12 jurors.NO WAY will 12 people say KC is not guilty.Maybe one,then she can sit in jail while the state gets a do-over,just like the Phil S case.LKB wasn't able to pull the smoke n mirrors twice.PS was convicted the second go around.

I feel the same way about LE as I do our troops, arms wide open, love and appreciation. The detectives and FBI did an amazing job on this case and despite everything they all treated the Anthony family with dignity and respect and more patience than I have ever seen. so true about PS and OJ finally got his too! You can fool some of the people, some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time, right?

BBM
Given the recent motions that have come from the defense ,I would expect him to at least try! But he won't be successful.

I agree that he will try but if he does it is going to make him look more foolish than he already does.

I don't know that he will dispute the numbers so much as try to side step the numbers in the report or make up his own numbers based on some wacked out form of math known only to him and his team.

People are not stupid though and if he is hoping that the jurors are going to be too stupid to figure it out for themselve he is sadly mistaken. The SA will be sure to point out the error in his math as soon as the words are out of his mouth.

The documents are from Shurtape Technologies, formerly a division of Henkels. Shurtape is not "one of" Henkel's distributors, they are the sole source owning the profit and loss of that brand of tape.

The list of companies seen in the documents includes direct sales (such as Lowe's) and distributors (such as New United Distributing). All US sources of this tape are represented in this document, with Shurtape Technologies being the supplier to those sources.

Units shipped are represented in these documents. In some pages Net Sales (Revenue) are included. From this we can see that Lowes was charged just under $3 per roll and Ace just over $3 per roll.

If I consider the two "model numbers" of the tape to be one, I get the following units sales across North America:

1998 - 55,927
1999 - 75,679
2000 - 70,084
2001 - 76,991
2002 - 97,744
2003 - 157,370
2004 - 154,405
2005 - 140,487
2006 - 123,720
2007 - 10,956

HTH

I looked on both henkel and shurtape sites. It appears that suretape purchased that division in 2009. I couldn't find anything that says they manufacture the tape. I saw that suretape has companies in China. Do you know who actually manufactures the tape? I am confused about the blogs on the sites or news stories, where people say it is not manufactured in Ohio, that they actually work there and all they do is package it and distribute it.

I have another question. And I have read a lot of these documents. When it says 65/35 cotton and poly, does that mean that the thread count is always the same? Do they use different rolls of cotton and poly so a person could tell if a piece of tape comes from the same roll or case? I saw that they use different lot numbers, I also saw that they make several grades of Duct tape.

I looked on both henkel and shurtape sites. It appears that suretape purchased that division in 2009. I couldn't find anything that says they manufacture the tape. I saw that suretape has companies in China. Do you know who actually manufactures the tape? I am confused about the blogs on the sites or news stories, where people say it is not manufactured in Ohio, that they actually work there and all they do is package it and distribute it.

I have another question. And I have read a lot of these documents. When it says 65/35 cotton and poly, does that mean that the thread count is always the same? Do they use different rolls of cotton and poly so a person could tell if a piece of tape comes from the same roll or case? I saw that they use different lot numbers, I also saw that they make several grades of Duct tape.

It's actually 65/35 polyester/cotton. No, they won't have different thread counts because, as you can see in the specifications, it is spec'd out for a particular thread count. The lots will only vary due to the fact that it may be a new lot of raw material (i.e. new batch of polyester, new batch of cotton), but the weave will be the same according to specifications.

The purpose of a product specification is to give a work instruction to the manufacturing line (as well as procurement and receiving for products from the suppliers of the raw materials) so that the product is made to a consistent standard. The variations of raw materials will allow the end product to remain relatively consistent within an acceptable variation band. If any given thing (such as say a new roll of cotton, or a new roll of polyester, or a new batch of vinyl, or a new batch of adhesive) falls outside its acceptable variation band, it would be rejected and returned to the supplier and not used in the manufacturing process. Likewise, the end product will be QA/QC tested and if it fails given product specifications (i.e. falls outside the variation bands for, say, tensile strength, etc.) then the final product would be rejected as well.

Me thinks this is an exercise in futility; figuring out who, what and where the Hinkel tape was sold. After reviewing the docs in [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4280256&postcount=1"]todays current news[/ame] thread, JB isn't going to bring the number of Henkel tape sold in the greater Orlando area into focus. Even ALyons and LKB aren't going to challenge it. The forensics reports clearly states no prints.

Kathi B is who they will be challenging and the evidence she and others have provided to the SA. The same tape used on the Caylee posters.

JB & crew will focus on the damning evidence the SA has that we haven't seen that they know exists.

Thank ALL of you who have put in so much of your own time to compile this info and post it in a way that a stats-challenged person like me can understand! I feel more confident than ever in LE's case against KC.

The truth is IMHO that there is NO evidence pointing away from her. All along I have truly wished that there was...tragic enough that Caylee's life was ended before it hardly had a chance to begin...the only thing that could be worse would be death by the hands of her own *mother*....KC's going down, her ONLY hope imo is if the State were to offer a plea deal, but I believe that she will die denying....

Bolded by me.....

Someone's life is no longer at stake because it was taken from her.....Caylee!

I am sorry I am an advocate for the death penalty. Especially for those who hurt children. I would gladly insert the needle, pull the switch, release the trap door, pull the trigger in a firing squad, or have her hanged then drawn and quartered if necessary.

Her life is at stake because she broke the law by killing her 2 year old daughter. She has a team of lawyers that most can't afford. Her rights are well protected. Not so for Caylee, who keeps getting lost in a few peoples frenzy to save KC's life. I give two figs for her life. The life of her child is what is important to me.

Your argument about the duct tape does not work. Regardless of the fact that you state that it is not rare, you have not been able to prove that this is so. Purposefully misinterpreting documents is something that the defense will try to do as well but it will not work. Trying to place RK with the duct tape and Caylee does not work either. I notice that you have not tried to place the duct tape and Caylee in the hands of GA, CA, or LA. All of these people were more likely to have access to both (all three if you include the gas can) than RK by a long shot.

Do you have a dog in the hunt as far as the death penalty goes? It would appear that you are more interested in twisting the evidence for a SODDI defense or reducing the evidence to support taking the death penalty off the table than in really finding the truth.

I will admit that I am against the death penalty in general. I dont beleive two wrongs make a right. So we are looking at it in two different ways. I may be against the death penalty, but I would never try to stop it. I understand that families need piece of mind. So therefore if we are going to have a death penalty, lets make sure we have the right person. Having the wrong person could be devastating to the families.

When you say that she killed her daughter you are basing that on evidence collected by human beings. You were not there when it happened and so you dont know who did it. No one in this forum knows for sure.

Those human beings (LE) must be put to the test to satisfy our need to have a death penalty. I am putting them to the test and I know that is a very unpopular thing to do, but someone has to do it and you should appreciate it.

Now I appreciate your input. It makes me think. We are good for each other, but you seem to get emotional about it. I believe this can be constructive debate if we work at it. The whole truth and nothing but the truth includes the good side and the bad side of the argument.

I agree that he will try but if he does it is going to make him look more foolish than he already does.
I don't know that he will dispute the numbers so much as try to side step the numbers in the report or make up his own numbers based on some wacked out form of math known only to him and his team.

People are not stupid though and if he is hoping that the jurors are going to be too stupid to figure it out for themselve he is sadly mistaken. The SA will be sure to point out the error in his math as soon as the words are out of his mouth.

bbm~ :snooty:..impossible 100%Agave....impossible..

In general I think LE is good. I have a deep appreciation for them. I had a brother in-law that was a police officer and was shot to death. He was one of my best friends in school.

That being said, LE is not super human. They put thier pants on the same way as you and I. They are capable of making mistakes and they continue to do so. There is nothing wrong with that because they are human beings just like the rest of us. However, all information must be cross examined in a court of law to be absolutley sure of the truth.

In general I think LE is good. I have a deep appreciation for them. I had a brother in-law that was a police officer and was shot to death. He was one of my best friends in school.

That being said, LE is not super human. They put thier pants on the same way as you and I. They are capable of making mistakes and they continue to do so. There is nothing wrong with that because they are human beings just like the rest of us. However, all information must be cross examined in a court of law to be absolutley sure of the truth.

We have dozens of LE across several agencies that have worked this case. As well as numerous outside experts.

The chances of ALL of them, collectively, erring in order to convict Casey, is about nil.

We have a girl that did not report her own child missing; when found out, she lied to everybody - family, friends, LE. An obvious attempt to cover up exactly what happened to her own little girl.

It's a no-brainer, in my opinion. The forensics and all of the circumstantial evidence is just the icing on the cake, so to speak.

While you may be able to pick apart a piece of evidence here and there, her own actions and words are the most overwhelming evidence in this case. She cooked her own goose.

You do not have to worry about the wrong person being convicted in this particular case. :)

notthatsmart I found this information on the Henkel Corporation (North America) website. The BEST way to get the answer you are seeking, is to call them yourself!

Consumer & Craftsmen Adhesives
800-321-1733
440-937-7000

Here is the link to the aforementioned:
http://www.henkelna.com/SID-0AC83309-50CAB2C1/contact-us-6118.htm

I am sure the Henkel Corp. would be glad to assist you in any way!

I will admit that I am against the death penalty in general. I dont beleive two wrongs make a right. So we are looking at it in two different ways. I may be against the death penalty, but I would never try to stop it. I understand that families need piece of mind. So therefore if we are going to have a death penalty, lets make sure we have the right person. Having the wrong person could be devastating to the families.

When you say that she killed her daughter you are basing that on evidence collected by human beings. You were not there when it happened and so you dont know who did it. No one in this forum knows for sure.

Those human beings (LE) must be put to the test to satisfy our need to have a death penalty. I am putting them to the test and I know that is a very unpopular thing to do, but someone has to do it and you should appreciate it.

Now I appreciate your input. It makes me think. We are good for each other, but you seem to get emotional about it. I believe this can be constructive debate if we work at it. The whole truth and nothing but the truth includes the good side and the bad side of the argument.

I have noticed that you do not devote the same amount of time ( make that any) to scrutinizing and disproving Casey's nonsensical alibi, as you do in trying to discredit Police, FBI, anyone who believes she is guilty by reason of all the evidence against her, both factual and circumstantial.
If you want the "whole truth" you should surely be putting that to the test as well. " Let's make sure we have the right person for the crime" includes not letting someone get away with murder.

MissJames, I am so sorry for your loss; I cannot imagine how you coped with the loss of your beautiful son.

Your kind words about Law Enforcement touched my heart. As a wife of a cop with 26 years on the force, I can attest to the toll it takes on a man seeing the worst in humankind day in and day out, seeing crime scene after crime scene, breaking the news to families and seeing pictures and reading reports of things people do to children that you or I could never imagine. It haunts him even as he sleeps.

The documents are from Shurtape Technologies, formerly a division of Henkels. Shurtape is not "one of" Henkel's distributors, they are the sole source owning the profit and loss of that brand of tape.

The list of companies seen in the documents includes direct sales (such as Lowe's) and distributors (such as New United Distributing). All US sources of this tape are represented in this document, with Shurtape Technologies being the supplier to those sources.

Units shipped are represented in these documents. In some pages Net Sales (Revenue) are included. From this we can see that Lowes was charged just under $3 per roll and Ace just over $3 per roll.

If I consider the two "model numbers" of the tape to be one, I get the following units sales across North America:

1998 - 55,927
1999 - 75,679
2000 - 70,084
2001 - 76,991
2002 - 97,744
2003 - 157,370
2004 - 154,405
2005 - 140,487
2006 - 123,720
2007 - 10,956

HTH

JWG, are both model #s discussed in the Henkel document described as having the "200 degree" logo printed on the tape?

We have dozens of LE across several agencies that have worked this case. As well as numerous outside experts.

The chances of ALL of them, collectively, erring in order to convict Casey, is about nil.

We have a girl that did not report her own child missing; when found out, she lied to everybody - family, friends, LE. An obvious attempt to cover up exactly what happened to her own little girl.

It's a no-brainer, in my opinion. The forensics and all of the circumstantial evidence is just the icing on the cake, so to speak.

While you may be able to pick apart a piece of evidence here and there, her own actions and words are the most overwhelming evidence in this case. She cooked her own goose.

You do not have to worry about the wrong person being convicted in this particular case. :)

By George,(no pun intended :snooty:) Muzikman, I think you have summed it up Very Well! :thumb: A 'thanks' just wasn't enough!

Muzikman, also just wanted to take a sec to thank you for all of your hard work going to get the docs, scanning and posting them for us. I know that takes a lot of time and effort....and money too, don't you even have to pay to get your hands on JB's carp so quickly? :jester: Anyway, Thanks So Much..hope you know how much it is appreciated! You are da man :rocker:Our Muzikman!

That being said, LE is not super human. They put thier pants on the same way as you and I. They are capable of making mistakes and they continue to do so. There is nothing wrong with that because they are human beings just like the rest of us. inHowever, all information must be cross examined a court of law to be absolutely sure of the truth.
BBM
the term is Beyond A Reasonable Doubt
Has LE made a mistake about everything? There is a lot of info and no doubt the defense will pick at little bits of each piece.But in the end it's the entirety of the evidence.
Is there anything about the evidence you DO believe?
OT,from the tape for a sec....
did KC lie on the 15/16th to LE?
Did she lie when she sashayed into Universal stating she had a job there?
Did she wait on the steps at Sawgrass or did she go to Blockbusters with Tone.
Is there some coverup by LE AND the phone company hiding Zanny's phone number?
Did she drive around with a dead pig in her trunk? Are they also mistaken about the hair that showed signs of decomp?
Why was KC partying and socializing during the time she claims she was looking for Caylee?
Is LE simply making mistake after mistake?
It's not just the duct tape! It's everything put together.She's guilty!

If you are assaulted or raped,have a home invasion or a carjacking you are going to be calling for LE to help you and to make a case against the criminal.Usually when the shoe is on the other foot things start to look different.
I'm not sure why anyone outside of the defense and KC's parents want to continue to pick apart the prosecutions case.The list of evidence is long and continues to grow.

I would love to answer this but will refrain because I can not analyze you and your motives without getting banned.

Suffice it to say that you are so completely wrong about me and my emotions involving this case that it is not even funny. I would have applied the emotions to you based on your posts. I have been dealing with death since I was a very young child. Death does not upset me in the least. It is a fact of life and happens to us all sometime. If I get emotional about anything it is Justice for the Victim. Too often in today's court system the defendant has all of the rights and the victim and their rights (to not be killed for one) are over shadowed.

I would rather hang KC today and apologize later IF it was an error than to possibly allow her to walk the streets if guilty.

I have great intuition when it comes to these things and as I said before, when I first heard about this story, I knew that Caylee was dead and that KC had killed her. The evidence has reinforced my initial feelings. I was right about Caylee and I am sure that I will be proven right about KC as well.

What you are doing is not being objective about the eivdence. You are attempting to rewrite history and the evidence to prove KC not guilty or at the least punch a few holes in some of the evidence to save her life. You can not fit a round peg in a square hole ( or however that goes) and you can't fit RK into this murder either. The duct tape goes to premeditation but since Caylee was under 12 I don't even know if that would matter. Maybe if we started executing mothers and fathers that kill their children instead of slapping them on the wrist, it would stop happening. I say fry her a$$ and be done with it.

I think my point is is that this duct tape is not rare. Some people claim it is rare based on documents from only one of Henkels distributors. I have heard enough to know that no one here has proven this is rare duct tape. It is the only example I have of what the SA will come up with. I think they need much more than this. LE may just be mistaken. This could be very popular duct tape.

You are correct that the documents in the dump are from just ONE Henkel distributor, but if I read correctly, it was from THE distributor of the roll of tape reflected on the pieces of tape taken from Caylee's skull (in Ohio), so for purposes of THIS case, is the only distributor we should be interested in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back