NFL star, Ray Rice, cut by Ravens well after knocking his future wife unconscious

Received this text alert:

KFIAM640: Ray Rice wins appeal against NFL. Indefinite suspension vacated immediately. www.kfiam640.com

:gaah:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most shocking part of Ray Rice ruling is NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's lack of discipline in prior cases

Arbitrator Barbara Jones lists 20 instances of prior domestic violence incidents over the last seven years, none of which got more than a two-game penalty, including one player whose offences occurred over two years and involved 'no fewer than 10 incidents in which law enforcement was required to intervene.'

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/ray-rice-ruling-calls-history-abuse-article-1.2027831

Ray Rice may be cleared to play again, however, what team would take him now? The fans could go on a strike against any team that takes Rice on and that would affect the owners of that team more than anything else.

MOO

Ray Rice may be cleared to play again, however, what team would take him now? The fans could go on a strike against any team that takes Rice on and that would affect the owners of that team more than anything else.

MOO

Michael Vick was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles after his stint in jail for animal cruelty etc. The Eagles fans rationalized his playing and the furor was a hot minute. People deserve second chances was the commentary. From what I have read on the sports blogs, the overwhelming opinion of sports journalists is that it is too late in the season to pick Ray Rice up and that the team would have to do a major PR media blitz. There are several teams interested in him, including the New Orleans Saints. IMO JMV

Most shocking part of Ray Rice ruling is NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's lack of discipline in prior cases

Arbitrator Barbara Jones lists 20 instances of prior domestic violence incidents over the last seven years, none of which got more than a two-game penalty, including one player whose offences occurred over two years and involved 'no fewer than 10 incidents in which law enforcement was required to intervene.'

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/ray-rice-ruling-calls-history-abuse-article-1.2027831

I think Goodell's handling of the Ray Rice incident was horrible. Goodell is there to make money for the owners and there appears not to be a checks and balance system within the NFL. It seems as though Goodell was the judge, jury and chief executioner. Hopefully, the NFL has learned a good lesson from this and has a less arbitrary system in place for fines and suspensions.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell remains wrong in Ray Rice handling, but is not penalized
Goodell may have made a mess of his handling of the whole thing with Rice from the start, and gotten himself on the wrong side of history. But on actually viewing the tape, a former FBI director says he did not lie.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ns-wrong-rice-not-penalized-article-1.2071254

:sigh:

Why am I not surprised? Thank you BlondieInSpokane got posting this link. Reading this just leaves me beyond frustrated. More of the wrong reinforcement, IYKWIM? Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looked to me like he was trying to kill her; did he tell the truth about that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back