GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking back to the very beginning of the case. Crime scene tape up around the house, vague talk of sweets (bizarre imo) and no mention of any letters left in the home from Abby.
If this was planned by Abby, then she has did an excellent job of remaining in hiding, so you would have to believe the planning was meticulous. If that was the case, I would expect the letter to have been left there, right at the house when she left. Not through the postal system leaving a 'clue' for her parents and LE to find her.
Therefore, I don't believe the letter is genuinely from Abby and I don't believe she ran away. I believe it was a perp, thinking and trying to get LE off their tail.

Just my thoughts these many months later.

I keep thinking back to the very beginning of the case. Crime scene tape up around the house, vague talk of sweets (bizarre imo) and no mention of any letters left in the home from Abby.
If this was planned by Abby, then she has did an excellent job of remaining in hiding, so you would have to believe the planning was meticulous. If that was the case, I would expect the letter to have been left there, right at the house when she left. Not through the postal system leaving a 'clue' for her parents and LE to find her.
Therefore, I don't believe the letter is genuinely from Abby and I don't believe she ran away. I believe it was a perp, thinking and trying to get LE off their tail.

Just my thoughts these many months later.

Here I am back to being fickle…(no, not really, this is a different topic than above)...

I agree it doesn't add up. The "planning" was way too sophisticated, IMO, for a 14 year old to pull off if she was simply running away. Most runaways don't leave a note saying, "See ya!" do they? But, why would she then write a letter two weeks later if she had already successfully ran away and been gone, undetected, for some time? Maybe guilt? Maybe she needed the last word (I know that is important to MANY people, myself included)?

Or, maybe, the person she is with (if you believe that she's willingly with someone) thought it'd be a good idea to write it to throw everyone off their trail? Or to let her family know she's fine? Or, maybe it was a perp (if you believe she is being held against her will) who made her write it and she was under duress? There are still so many questions (unanswerable, possibly) surrounding the letter, the delay, why it was mailed to the P.O. Box, etc., that ascertaining a clear picture of what transpired is next to impossible. While the "insider's" are indicating that they believe the letter is really from Abby, one camp is declaring she ran away and the other is not making any declaration either way.

My opinions about what happened to Abby haven't changed from the beginning and all of the evidence (or lack thereof) we have uncovered (or others have revealed) in the last six months hasn't changed my mind much. The new assertions from PK and RH that the letter actually came from Abby doesn't change the fact that we have no idea what that might mean, IMO.

As for the candy, I think it was the search team who asked ZH about what candy Abby liked so they would know what trash to possibly look for on their search. If that's not "true", what do you think the candy angle might be? I honestly haven't given it much thought but would love to hear what you are thinking.

There are so many unanswered questions it makes my mind spin! :scared:

My opinions about what happened to Abby haven't changed from the beginning and all of the evidence (or lack thereof) we have uncovered (or others have revealed) in the last six months hasn't changed my mind much. The new assertions from PK and RH that the letter actually came from Abby doesn't change the fact that we have no idea what that might mean, IMO.

As for the candy, I think it was the search team who asked ZH about what candy Abby liked so they would know what trash to possibly look for on their search. If that's not "true", what do you think the candy angle might be? I honestly haven't given it much thought but would love to hear what you are thinking.

Hopefully the main thing that was taken from my other post about the letter is that it gives me hope Abby is alive - not that I am the authority on whether the letter is authentic. My assumptions on the authenticity are coming from the same source as everyone else- it's been stated by LE as determined to be authentic (lots of MSM links you could refer to on that). Sorry if this sounds defensive, I am always concerned about what is taken about something I post.

Secondly- the candy wrappers. The group who mentioned the candy wrappers, and this is not commenting good or bad on their quality as a search group, more just context - that is part of their standard "elevator pitch" to reflect how thorough they are. It was in interviews and I heard it myself on the phone when I spoke with them. All companies that know how to market themselves have that 60 second elevator pitch to convey who they are and what makes them distinctive.

The message being "we are so thorough we even ask what type of candy they liked so we can look for those wrappers".

It's similar to that Toyota ad campaign a few years ago where they would have the silver marble roll around the seams of the car to remind people that Toyota's engineering standards were more detailed than others.

And again, please don't take this as an endorsement or attack on the search group or a veiled questioning of the thoroughness of the Fish and Game searches (F&G do an amazing job, I experienced their thoroughness firsthand), only a clarification on the meaning of the comment.

It doesn't sound defensive at all! And, that is the message I got from your post: that there is hope that Abby is still alive. We've been questioning the letter's authenticity (to a fault perhaps) and to hear that people closely connected to the case are operating under the assumption it's actually from her is great news. It's new news. And, I for one, thank you for saying something about it.

I too hope after all these months gone by that Abby is alive out there. Hope is all anyone has. BUT it's super important this far into the investigation to keep every single possible option on the table until it can be completely ruled out, or that Abby returns well and is willing to let it be public as to what has happened. Regardless everyone everywhere must remain vigilant, like as vigilant as Oct 10, 2013 when it spread fast that Abby was a missing child. She could be with a group, she could be alone, she could be held captive by an adult male (or a couple) at a private home. I just don't want to be looking at this case ten years from now and still having no answers or closure such as what we have with both Maura Murray and Brianna Maitland.

Again please show me where Law Enforcement said anything about Handwriting Analysis. LE, now, not some reporter because they didn't say it here.

respectfully snipped...

And with respect: if we are going to assume that professional journalists are lying at times (especially when it supports some of our assumptions), it becomes incredibly hard to carry on an evidence-based conversation, as so much of what we read, watch, and hear is filtered through journalists. Not every reporter has access to every comment made by every official source, nor do all report on every single fact that they have heard. Myself, I can't see how they could authenticate the letter without handwriting analysis. And why one would continue to insist that there had been no handwriting analysis (when there has been no statement of this) is another matter altogether.

respectfully snipped...

And with respect: if we are going to assume that professional journalists are lying at times (especially when it supports some of our assumptions), it becomes incredibly hard to carry on an evidence-based conversation, as so much of what we read, watch, and hear is filtered through journalists. Not every reporter has access to every comment made by every official source, nor do all report on every single fact that they have heard. Myself, I can't see how they could authenticate the letter without handwriting analysis. And why one would continue to insist that there had been no handwriting analysis (when there has been no statement of this) is another matter altogether.

I don't think the letter was handwritten. Iirc, Zenya was asked directly by a Boston reporter whether she recognized the handwriting right away. Zenya completely punted, saying that was a hard question to answer. I interpreted that to mean it was not handwritten. Just my opinion.
Also, if you believe everything you read from all journalists......

Abigail's father, Reuben Hernandez, wrote an open letter to his daughter on his facebook page Sunday, saying he had taken a "leap of faith by writing a letter to your mother requesting full custody of you."
He also said that after Abigail contacted her mother once by a letter soon after her disappearance, “it became obvious that (she) ran away.” The contents in the letter have not been released by investigators.
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140424/NEWS07/140429539&template=mobileart

As for someone else reading the letter, it's part of the investigation. No longer belongs to ZH but to the investigation. Who they share that with is up to them. Unless someone can point to some MSM stating RH is a POI or suspect according to LE, then common sense tells me that her Dad would want to read the last correspondence from his daughter, if nothing more than to verify it was from Abby. The letter could have been written "to my parents" for all we know.

Abby... you are loved! You are missed!! Please contact a parent and let them know if you're ok!

The scariest part is that even if a runaway, typically within 24-48hrs, a runaway is approached for trafficking. Whether they are successful or not remains to be seen. But it does happen. They offer the runaways a place to stay, or a ride somewhere, and then, they are gone. I pray this didn't happen with Abby, and that she did have someone she could rely on, and that is keeping her safe. I would much rather believe my child had runaway for whatever reason, and with a friend, than to think she was abducted and could be raped numerous times a day, go without food, go without medical treatment, etc.

In this case, one parent believes one thing, one another. And that is OK! They are entitled to their thoughts!! But it doesn't mean one is right and one is wrong. At this point, we don't know where Abby is, whether she is OK, or whether a tragic accident has occurred and her body just hasn't been found yet. We just don't know. Until we do, we pray for her parents, her loved ones, and for Abby! Remain vigilant in case we see someone who looks like her. And remain vigilant while out running, hiking, walking the dog, hunting, etc. We just don't know.

As for someone else reading the letter, it's part of the investigation. No longer belongs to ZH but to the investigation. Who they share that with is up to them. Unless someone can point to some MSM stating RH is a POI or suspect according to LE, then common sense tells me that her Dad would want to read the last correspondence from his daughter, if nothing more than to verify it was from Abby. The letter could have been written "to my parents" for all we know.
Abby... you are loved! You are missed!! Please contact a parent and let them know if you're ok!
The scariest part is that even if a runaway, typically within 24-48hrs, a runaway is approached for trafficking. Whether they are successful or not remains to be seen. But it does happen. They offer the runaways a place to stay, or a ride somewhere, and then, they are gone. I pray this didn't happen with Abby, and that she did have someone she could rely on, and that is keeping her safe. I would much rather believe my child had runaway for whatever reason, and with a friend, than to think she was abducted and could be raped numerous times a day, go without food, go without medical treatment, etc.

In this case, one parent believes one thing, one another. And that is OK! They are entitled to their thoughts!! But it doesn't mean one is right and one is wrong. At this point, we don't know where Abby is, whether she is OK, or whether a tragic accident has occurred and her body just hasn't been found yet. We just don't know. Until we do, we pray for her parents, her loved ones, and for Abby! Remain vigilant in case we see someone who looks like her. And remain vigilant while out running, hiking, walking the dog, hunting, etc. We just don't know.

~ Thanks 2H we all have trouble with this but we must stop sleuthing Dad. Every girl loves her daddy regardless.

~ He is no POI, no one is a POI. He wants to know but we have no info as to his rights. We need to stop trying to speculate IMO

~ Loved and missed. Yes by people who never met you Abby.

~ 80% according to KR. This stat is just heartbreaking.

~ Mom and Dad have a right to their feelings and they are both free to express themselves. I look forward to mom speaking out more as the custodial parent. She seems shy and quiet but I think she will get over that.

~ God Bless their whole family and loved ones.

respectfully snipped...

Yes and point well taken. I certainly did not mean that reporters lie. They are creative and I give them that. You are correct in that most of what we get is from MSM, but when I see what LE actually says as opposed to what a reporter interprets I go with that. You, of course, are free to choose what suits your own thoughts. Re-read my posts if you get a chance. I never said there was no handwriting analysis I only said there was no mention of it per-se by LE. The only mention was by a reporter. You, Montjoy, stated that there was, in fact, handwriting analysis. I merely disputed that as not factual - as mere assumption.
I am in agreement with you that I cannot see how they can carry out effective authentication with out handwriting analysis.
Unless it was typed!
We just don't know that.
So without that data the assumption that it was verified by handwriting analysis is moot.
It's moot.

MOOt

I was not criticizing you. I respect your opinions and your depth of thought. The mind effort we put into these thought processes is overwhelming at times. I sometimes come across as harsh I think and, honestly, if you knew me, you would know that is not how I mean to be. I try to be direct and factual. It comes from a heart of stone I suppose.:loveyou:

I don't think the letter was handwritten. Iirc, Zenya was asked directly by a Boston reporter whether she recognized the handwriting right away. Zenya completely punted, saying that was a hard question to answer. I interpreted that to mean it was not handwritten. Just my opinion.
Also, if you believe everything you read from all journalists......

We are in agreement and though I have expressed that point I want to also point out that what I didn't say is that Mom has obviously been advised to not respond to questions regarding those details as stated by Jane Young who also asked that news people should not ASK her those details. LOL
She axed but then they went their own way.

God Love ya Zenya. :please:
http://www.necn.com/12/06/13/NEWS-C...acte/landing.html?blockID=859299&feedID=11106

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24197154/zanya-hernandez-abby-will-come-home#ixzz2nD3mXo5T

Trying to go back and read again and see if there's anything I missed. The timeline says she sent her last message at 2:53pm and the last ping from the tower was at 3:07, 14mins later. Between 2:40 and 3:30 there were multiple unconfirmed sightings on N/S road. Thing is, I've always assumed she was heading in the same direction on N/S road, but could she have walked North on N/S road and then headed back to head home? Maybe her phone died and that's why the last ping? Does a phone ping when it powers down?

Trying to go back and read again and see if there's anything I missed. The timeline says she sent her last message at 2:53pm and the last ping from the tower was at 3:07, 14mins later. Between 2:40 and 3:30 there were multiple unconfirmed sightings on N/S road. Thing is, I've always assumed she was heading in the same direction on N/S road, but could she have walked North on N/S road and then headed back to head home? Maybe her phone died and that's why the last ping? Does a phone ping when it powers down?

What has always puzzled me is that she didn't tell her BF she was walking home from school that day. Rumor has it he tried to get off the bus to join her when she walked away sending him that heart text. The rule was once on the bus you could not leave so he was stuck.

That tells me he would have walked home with her but she chose to go it alone.

That also makes me wonder why? Could she have been meeting up with somebody and wanted BF on the bus?

Lots of questions but few answers.

What has always puzzled me is that she didn't tell her BF she was walking home from school that day. Rumor has it he tried to get off the bus to join her when she walked away sending him that heart text. The rule was once on the bus you could not leave so he was stuck.

That tells me he would have walked home with her but she chose to go it alone.

That also makes me wonder why? Could she have been meeting up with somebody and wanted BF on the bus?

Lots of questions but few answers.

JC said JCjr had tried to get off the bus but I'm not sure I believe that one. I tend to discount much of what JC says, not that I think he lies, but I think he makes things more than they are. I believe someone had already pointed out that JCjr and AH took different busses.
I think ZH was quoted as saying that AH was supposed to ride the bus home that day though. Now that makes me wonder why she walked, like you. Why walk when you're expected to ride home? Could have been to meet someone or maybe she was going to someone's place to pick something up, someone who lived on or just off N/S road? Are there any shops on N/S road? A place she might have stopped for a soda or coffee? A place where kids were likely to hang out after school?

JC said JCjr had tried to get off the bus but I'm not sure I believe that one. I tend to discount much of what JC says, not that I think he lies, but I think he makes things more than they are. I believe someone had already pointed out that JCjr and AH took different busses.
I think ZH was quoted as saying that AH was supposed to ride the bus home that day though. Now that makes me wonder why she walked, like you. Why walk when you're expected to ride home? Could have been to meet someone or maybe she was going to someone's place to pick something up, someone who lived on or just off N/S road? Are there any shops on N/S road? A place she might have stopped for a soda or coffee? A place where kids were likely to hang out after school?

That's been one of my biggest questions - why didn't she take the bus home that day? And didn't her boyfriend know why she was walking? It just seems very strange that she wouldn't tell at least one person why she wasn't taking the bus home as her mother said she should have.

In one of the early articles one of her schoolmates said she saw her head down the dirt road 'and didn't think anything of it' - was it usual for her not to take the bus and her Mom just didn't know? I'm so perplexed at why she would take that walk home and no one knowing why.

'. . . She noted that Abby didn't walk home often. She only walked home a few times before. . . .'
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index...zenya-hernandez-speaks-about-missing-daughter

Walking home that day was evidently an unusual thing for her to do.

Could it be coincidence that on one of the few times she had ever walked home she disappeared? Sure. . . .. but WAS it?

Or was that the only way to meet someone and leave without a load of witnesses seeing?

Edited to Add: Evidently another post was being made by someone else while I made mine. This is not meant as an argument to that post and is only my own thoughts and questions about the case.

This has been debunked a few times by insiders and I will search up the posts. Abby did walk home sometimes, this wasn't new…but wasn't in the official plan for that day. That said, sometimes my kid would take the bus to after school activities and sometimes walk. Hold on I'm going to get the quote from PK that is on here in the threads regarding this specific question. It has been mentioned many times before.

Post #850 Thread #10 Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NH NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10 I cannot quote old threads so I'm linking it.

Im also going to go through Amanda ReckonWiths link below my signature to find the statement by LE that said it was her 'usual route" meaning when she walked, that's the way she went…therefore telling me she did walk home from school sometimes. Hold on, this may take a bit longer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/missing-nh-teen-sent-letter-to-mom-officials-say/

{snippet} “We are concerned for her safety. She is not out there alone. She has somebody that is helping her, whether that be a friend, or what we fear may be a foe,” Young said.

Kieran Ramsey, the assistant special agent in charge of the FBI’s New Hampshire office, said Friday that the teen “could have left willingly or perhaps was coerced or manipulated into leaving.”

Ramsey said the letter was “unprecedented” and gave officials “hope.”

Officials say the case is still classified as a missing person case.

Abigail, of North Conway, was last seen Oct. 9 after leaving Kennett High School. Police say she walked her normal route toward home and sent several text messages."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675