GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate you posting WCVB's transcript to clarify it for everyone. I didn't mean to set off alarms that someone else was held with Abby.
WCVB is MUR's sister station in Boston - it's the same report.

You're welcome! To be honest, I posted it not realizing some posts had already been made about it, so that would explain the duplicate report. I was doing a lot of reading and searching and not keeping up with the posts. :eek:

If that storage container was ever a gun range, it's the smallest gun range I've ever seen. Who practices shooting at something 10 feet away? From the view I saw, that storage container couldn't have been more than 12 X 12, max. (if you can't hit something at 10 feet, you can't hit something at all, IMO). And as to soundproofing, I don't know about a storage container, but I can sit in my living room, and cannot be heard by someone in the kitchen, yet anyone in the kitchen and the living room can hear everything said down the hallway in the bedrooms. Sometimes, it is just the surrounding acoustics that make things soundproof.

Why were charges dropped in assault against that woman after a car accident, I wonder?

NK lived at 4 Brookside Dr (top of blue line) and worked at EMM Precision (bottom right of map). He had a marijuana arrest on Eastman Rd. just about 2 miles from work on Oct 22, 1013. (That's the same date as on the letter Abby wrote to her mom.) The map indicates NK would have used the north-south road daily getting to and from work. Wondering if Abby's letter to Mom was mailed from Conway (that next day)?

There is also an address listed on superpages for N Kibby, 13 Exchange St, Gorham, NC. (sorry if this has already been posted)
http://wp.superpages.com/people/N-Kibby/Gorham-NH/1948737646

plugging in the phone number

There's also a google plus page/ no postings.

Yes, I noticed that too, margarita25...wondering if it's a relative, maybe even his dad's residence? Or possibly just an older or secondary address for him.

I'm guessing Abby's letter was likely mailed from Conway. Would also explain why this PI sensed LE thought she was in the area:
Law enforcement officials and Zenya do not know where Abby is, but Shamshak, who has followed the case since last fall, told FOX 25 in the end of February that he believes she is still in the area. ...

Since Abby didn't have a lot of personal items with her, Shamshak believes that someone is taking care of her, the Sun reported. He also referenced a news conference officials held in early December to announce the letter Abby sent to her mother, saying that the police chief asked people to keep an eye out for someone living in their community with a teenage girl.

"That's a strong indicator to me, as a former cop, that they had their suspicions that she's nearby," Shamshak said in the Sun article.
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/25108903/pi-believes-missing-nh-teen-is-still-in-the-area

I am still confused how he pulled it off for so long without attracting any attention.

I was just thinking about what her walk home Sunday night was like. Can you imagine? I'd of been petrified he would change his mind, every time you saw car lights, wondering if he was coming back. Gives me goose bumps.

Wow. I never thought about that walk and how she must've felt. So sad. This poor baby has experienced so much trauma.

I have a feeling that Mom did not come across as a sympathetic person to some...that maybe she was speaking out against LE's preferences or whatever. She sounded defensive at times, which of course makes sense. But LE seemed to be shying away from an abduction and Zenia was insisting on it, and even if she is now proven right, I think the talking heads were already writing this off as a willing situation. LE said some very misleading things this past week that made Abigail look bad, Imo. They would not comment on "level of cooperation" and said something about even if she went willingly, it is still a crime. I think LE did an extremely poor communication job and is to blame for much of the hostilities that came about. Jmo

Imo, LE probably did exactly what they were supposed to. Their job is public safety not PR. They focus on getting the perp off the street, not how people might think about the victim temporarily. They were apparently dealing with a traumatized little girl and knew they had to tread carefully with public statements until the child was calm enough to give great detail, so they could gather the necessary info to snag the guy before he realized Abby was talking.

I see no reason for criticism of any kind here. I think they've been stellar all along.

BBM:

"One woman who lived in the area said Kibby spent most of his time in his home and didn’t talk much to neighbors.
“He always kept to himself,” she said.
In a densely populated park, many questioned if and how Abby Hernandez could have been held there for nine months.
“I can’t believe she was actually being held here. This place is busy — there’s people out,” one resident said.
“Everybody knows everybody’s business,” added another.
A small blue car was in the driveway of Kibby’s home, which displayed an American flag. A metal storage shed was adjacent to the trailer and some residents said at one point there was a no trespassing sign on the shed."

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/115511-neighbors-describe-kibby-as-loner

I am still confused how he pulled it off for so long without attracting any attention.
I can see several possibilities, though. If she were drugged, even mildly, that could explain how she could have been there and stayed quiet. It would also explain her weight loss and health. PTSD is also a possibility. It seems like almost everyone who was in captivity and finally got free was afraid of repercussions if they didn't do whatever the perp told them to do while they were kidnapped.

So, this other attempted abduction in June in Gorham involving the blue pick up, assuming he's responsible for that one also, was he starting a collection, like Castro? Or looking for a replacement for Abby? This is all so disturbing beyond words. I really thought I was going to faint earlier.

So, this other attempted abduction in June in Gorham involving the blue pick up, assuming he's responsible for that one also, was he starting a collection, like Castro? Or looking for a replacement for Abby? This is all so disturbing beyond words. I really thought I was going to faint earlier.

The description of the POI is way off for that too. 50 something

Where have you been? You were a daily presence for months and somehow missed all the excitement!

Spider, I've been traveling for the summer and have only been checking in sporadically. Abby's return has affected me so much. I'm sad and happy and curious and thankful and pissed and hopeful and many more adjectives.

To whomever had a hand in bringing Abby home, whomever was caring, questioning, posting, sharing and all of the amazing WS community...it was a tremendous experience to be a part of it all. Thanks!

Abby, you are loved the world over. Welcome home!!

P.S. Still trying to catch up!

You are most likely correct, but I guess there could be a small chance that the attempted abduction victim was not a good judge of age. Maybe he looked older to her because he looked angry or drug use can make a person appear worn out. I'd hate to think there's more than one guy abducting people up there, but it is always a possibility. Either way, very scary stuff. Poor Abigail has been through hell and back.i can't imagine going through that at fourteen. I give Abby so much credit. Knowing Kibby's history now is even more frightening. Since he once was a student there, I'd say he was in his comfort zone when he took Abby near Kennett high school. He's needed to be in jail a long time ago. MOO

ETA it's still flipping me out she was so close, yet so far ...

He's charged with one count of of felony kidnapping for knowingly confining. IMO, that certainly doesn't sound like LE believes he kept her in a storage container for 9 months and raped her.

No, not really. It kind of sounds like they wanted to find something to jail him for quickly while they work with an extremely traumatized kid, so they can get all the info needed for more charges.

Taking the bar exam in two days so I can confidently say:

Trespass is unlawful physical intrusion into another's property.

In this case, it sounds like they told him to go away and he continued to come onto their property (the driveway). Or he could be there and then be asked to leave, and if he refuses, that's trespass.

If he broke into the house or used some type of force, it would be a different charge. Peeping toms also get different charges generally, although they could be charged with trespass as well.

Whoo hoo!!!! Break a leg, Lawstudent. Remember to take a breath and know you did all the prep you could so when you walk in there, it is what it is. You do your job with the test and be philosophical about it because whatever will be will be. (But I get the feeling this will be the only
time you have to take it!!!!;)).

How do any of them. A scared kid, chains and/or locks, assault and threats to kill her and everyone she
loves.

Only thing really off is the age. And eyewitnesses can be totally off. Especially when scared. If this was a young person giving the description, he could've seemed much older to them.

And his face looks very 'old.' I think a young person would likely say 50. I wonder if he ever used harder drugs? Like meth?

In 1998, and as a teenager, Kibby was found guilty of assaulting 16-year-old SMB of Bartlett, who was in ninth grade at the time. Kibby grabbed "SMB with his hands, and holding on to her jacket around the neck area preventing her from leaving."
At the 1998 trial, SMB testified that she was walking to the school bus to go home on Jan. 21 when Kibby approached her and asked if he could talk to her. She said no, that she had to get on the bus, and he grabbed her left arm with one of his hands and asked again if she would take five minutes to talk to him. Her jacket, she said, was over her right arm.

When Kibby testified in his own defense, he said he had a close relationship with SMB...
SMB said she was not romantically involved with Kibby.

According to a 1998 Daily Sun story, Kibby, who had been suspended from Kennett High and warned to stay off of the grounds, was seen on school property by SW, the health aide, and JF, assistant principal.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx...-went-to-kennett-and-had-brushes-with-the-law

Poor SMB, this girl must feel even more terrible now and probably releaved at the same time she wasn't abducted.

Wandering somewhat from the topic:

They're way cheaper than having something built, and because they're meant to withstand severe weather on the deck of a ship, they're watertight and sturdy.

Google turned up several pages of listings of places that sell in New Hampshire. I think this is the one my friend bought from: http://www.aranbox.com/containers_for_sale_nh.html This is their list of uses:
Storage:

Landscaping, agricultural, livestock supplies
Paint, chemicals, tires, hazardous materials
Recreational field sports equipment
Files, books, business records
Tools, equipment, tack supplies
Furniture, appliances, auction items
Vehicles of all shapes and sizes
Portable generators
Police/Fire/EMT/Search and Rescue (SAR)
Working Space:

Modular office or shop
Military barracks or command center
Guard shack
Mobile field office
Communications shelter or command van
Welding shop or sandblasting booth
Concession stand
Hunting shelter
Driveway or portable storage unit

Also off topic but just wanted to mention that in my hometown - Christchurch, New Zealand - there is a pedestrian mall built entirely out of shipping containers. It was a quick rebuild solution when the city was destroyed by an earthquake but has since become an attraction in itself. It's really quite amazing how versatile they are.

http://restart.org.nz/gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member