GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally off topic, but how does one go about getting a new missing person posted here?

go to the main missing page and scroll almost to the very top. on the left hand side you will see a bar that says "new thread"

click on that and add your title and information into the box

(format for title is state, state again (prefix) name, age, date missing, etc)

make sure to include a link to the msm report or missing person report.

hope that helps.:seeya:

Totally off topic, but how does one go about getting a new missing person posted here?

You can go to the Missing Forum Discussion forum (assuming you want to post a thread that's open for discussion- otherwise, you can post links only in Missing Information and Support), and click the New Thread button. Just use the same format for the title as the other threads in that forum, and you're good to go.

If you post the link, someone with mad skills will embed it. That's what I always do because I cannot seem to learn how to embed flyers or pictures into the post !

ETA or listen to those with the mad skills tell you how it's done

I am wondering if they have another video of her somewhere (even of her being taken, getting in a car, etc). Doesn't walmart have video surveillance? And wasn't that one of the first areas they searched? They seem to be hiding a lot of info, and the rest seems to change day to day. Baffling. It would explain why FBI came in so fast...I'm sure I'm wrong, but I just don't know what to think about this case. I also feel they might be looking at someone and are using the press to bait him...

but unless she was VERY near the Walmart -- meaning much nearer than the road running behind -- I mean like in the parking lot, entry way to the store, or right at the loading bays in the back, I wouldn't think their surveillance cameras would capture anything. The distance from the back of the store to NS road isn't far, but probably farther than the scope of most security cameras.

I am wondering if they have another video of her somewhere (even of her being taken, getting in a car, etc). Doesn't walmart have video surveillance? And wasn't that one of the first areas they searched? They seem to be hiding a lot of info, and the rest seems to change day to day. Baffling. It would explain why FBI came in so fast...I'm sure I'm wrong, but I just don't know what to think about this case. I also feel they might be looking at someone and are using the press to bait him...

If you were walking that stretch in front of Walmart you would not be able to see the store or parking lot, it is up an incline they built. Do not know about cameras on the street, have not looked there. But Walmart has tons of cameras on the store,, in the parking lot. Looked at them last week, surprised how many.

but unless she was VERY near the Walmart -- meaning much nearer than the road running behind -- I mean like in the parking lot, entry way to the store, or right at the loading bays in the back, I wouldn't think their surveillance cameras would capture anything. The distance from the back of the store to NS road isn't far, but probably farther than the scope of most security cameras.

There's multiple commercial there
The north south rd ( per hollye's map ) shows hotels, walmart, homedepot and possibly more stores/restaurants..they have very limited time frame to check - from 230pm-7pm.

It could not be seen but it will still be worth it to check all cameras. Who knows maybe she entered Walmart to get something or see someone? Her clothes are identified so it could be easier to check maybe.

Was thinking that too, have never been behind the store, but would think that cameras would be set for perimeter.

Go to a bing real time map, the retention pond, dirt road and track team practice path is behind Walmart. Path coming down the hill from school is pretty much directly across Eastman Rd.

Oh yeah, it's definitely worth checking! :) Didn't mean to imply that it wasn't. There are so many businesses there, that you never know what you might see on one of their tapes.

It's just such a weird area there on NS road behind all the commercial buildings, though. You're so close to civilization yet so removed from it at the same time. I've driven that road on weekdays and weekends alike at 9-10AM and not had THAT much traffic accompanying me. Plus, since all the commercial buildings face the other way, all the action is removed from the NS Road side

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109539-hernandez-useme

"Bartlett police chief Tim Connifey confirmed earlier in the day that the Bartlett Police Department assisted Bartlett-Jackson Ambulance with a medical call for a 14-year-old girl on Wednesday afternoon.

The police scanner reported that the girl was found by the side of a road. The scanner report said the unnamed girl was taken to Memorial Hospital by Bartlett-Jackson Ambulance.
Asked if he believed there was any connection to that incident and the ongoing search for Hernandez, Connifey said, “As far as we can tell, it's totally unrelated. It was a medical issue, and we assisted.”

He said he could not comment further and directed further calls to Bartlett-Jackson Ambulance. A call to the Glen-Bartlett Fire Department for further comment was not returned as of press time Wednesday evening."

You know, I could make the analogy that the whole border (in the Walmart area, behind outlets, etc.) of NS road is that kind of deserted creepiness to it like when you are behind a strip mall in the loading zone area. So one side is that kind of thing -- and at a bit of a distance in some cases, not 15-20 feet from the road but quite a bit more -- and the other side is just woods.

:) LE should consider all possible means to find her, the Cameras are right there, the distance of the camera to the possible walking path shouldn't stop them from checking the cameras because she could have enter these places too, to buy something, to get soda ( thirsty of walking ), to meet someone ...etc..

I was thinking they have her on video somewhere also. Could it also be that if they have her on video somewhere and her phone pinging in a different location at that time this might be the reason they know her phone is not with her.

Just a thought

Saw this article, and while it has nothing to do with Abigail, it reminded me of some of the conversations last night around technology and cell phones. I'm glad the entire investigation isn't centered around technology, as sadly, technology on its own rarely solves cases:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...f66ea6-3740-11e3-8a0e-4e2cf80831fc_story.html

The man had also taken his cellphone with him, so police tried to use that to find him. But cellphone-locator technology is not foolproof. The man’s phone company reported to police that his older-style flip phone was pinging near the south side of Lake Anne, based on the phone’s location relative to nearby cell towers. Officers and the search dog swarmed the area. The phone was never found and clearly wasn’t with its owner.

:) LE should consider all possible means to find her, the Cameras are right there, the distance of the camera to the possible walking path shouldn't stop them from checking the cameras because she could have enter these places too, to buy something, to get soda ( thirsty of walking ), to meet someone ...etc..

I believe there is a wooded area behind Walmart and that retention pond. Not sure of distance but go look for the retention pond, Hollye has an orange circle right over it, covering the tiny thing...I am so poor at directions and explaining.

Id be very interested to know what other phones were pinging in that area at that time!

did they do a grid search at cranmore mtn resort? if not, do you think that would be a difficult area to do one? I was also wondering if they have helicopters with the ability to detect body heat? would this still work if abby is deceased (i hate even writing that word)

I do not think a grid search was done on the mtn. Way more difficult in that terrain. Have not heard of helicopters but body heat sensors will only work if subject is alive. They did helicopter flyovers alot in the early days of the Dylan Redwine search, initially for body heat and then to see if a body had floated in the lake. With the ponds here, that might be reasonable. Also (per someone's post awhile back) helicopters might also be useful to find a body if carrion birds were at work. Sorry to be graphic. I am not feeling hopeful for Abby. :please:

Pray tell, why do you ask?

Wasn't there talk of searching places by a towing company?

Towing companies can work on cars somewhat...

but..... Maybe I misunderstood your question...

JMO

I believe there is a wooded area behind Walmart and that retention pond. Not sure of distance but go look for the retention pond, Hollye has an orange circle right over it, covering the tiny thing...I am so poor at directions and explaining.

Yeah i was checking on Hollye's map too
Good Interactive Map by the way - kudos to her :)
I was checking on that on my Ipad but i guess, it is best to check on the actual PC/Browser to see it clearly
That pond is on her way if she walked by the woods , i dont know why will she even pass that way, if ill walk, ill use the eagle's way straight, not unless she's meeting someone there by mountain st and redstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74