GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE does not know what they have with Abigail's case, and they have access to the services of FBI and other agencies, why not use them?

With all of the densely wooded area, I can see LE not wanting to deal with volunteer searchers. Almost certainly one or more people would end up lost for a while.

Why do you think the local LE isn't using the FBI, et al?

And, I agree about volunteer searches. While I would like to see thousands of people combing the woods for AH, it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack (is there an emoticon for that?!). And, a few more needles may be added.

Why do you think the local LE isn't using the FBI, et al?

And, I agree about volunteer searches. While I would like to see thousands of people combing the woods for AH, it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack (is there an emoticon for that?!). And, a few more needles may be added.

I thought I read they are using the FBI.

I thought so, too. I must have misread your comment.

Sorry, I was kind of going off the comments posted earlier about how unusual it was the that the FBI was involved...and was kind of saying well, why NOT use them, whenever possible.

Sorry, I was kind of going off the comments posted earlier about how unusual it was the that the FBI was involved...and was kind of saying well, why NOT use them, whenever possible.

Ah, ha! Emphasis on NOT, not USE. Got it.

JMO

This is what I have been thinking occurred all along. Abby missing track practice set off a series of calls and alarms for the mother. I think Abby probably even left her bookbag/gymbag at the school intending on returning for a 5 o'clock practice and when she did not show either the coach called the student & or mother to inquire. When mom wasnt able to locate Abby through her friends or other contacts she was most likely very worried by the time she called LE.

I have a 14yo involved with after school practices. The director insisted during the initial parent meeting that absences are not taken lightly and must be verified. They are very strict about this. There must be prior parent contact with the director if your child is not going to make it. IMO, if this was my daughter who missed a practice-I would also be extremely alarmed.

JMO

BBM how do we know that practice starts at 5pm or that there was a scheduled practice the day she went missing?
ETA never mind. I have finally caught up on the thread and now realize that she wasn't even on the cross country team so no longer an issue :)

BBM how do we know that practice starts at 5pm or that there was a scheduled practice the day she went missing?

We don't. We don't even know if she was on the team this season. I think it's been established that she was running track in the Spring and I've seen references to cross-country on her FB page from last Fall.

All we really know in AH's case is that she left school at 2:29pm, was seen turning onto the dirt path from Eagle's Way, texted until 2:53pm, her phone pinged West of Cranmore at 3:07pm and her mother reported her missing at 7:17pm. Oh, and we know what she was wearing. Most everything else has been speculated.

So the posts about her skipping practice were speculation, I guess?

So the posts about her skipping practice were speculation, I guess?

I believe so. But, maybe I missed something. I thought I had read EVERY post here (and everywhere else). But, maybe one got by me :)

I guess she could have changed her clothes after school. The video of her showed her wearing boots, long pants and a sweater, carrying a large bag or backpack. Not sure if this video is of her leaving school or earlier in the day.
Not the easiest clothes to run in.

But she is actually wearing yoga pants, a sweater and what looks like a white top under sweater. So for running all she would need to do is remove the sweater and change her shoes. I am doubtful that she did, as LE would indicate that they had sweater and boots....however they have not yet indicated that they have her bag yet....so it is possible.
ETA I see this has already been mentioned too :) you all post a LOT in one day! Finally catching up now

But she is actually wearing yoga pants, a sweater and what looks like a white top under sweater. So for running all she would need to do is remove the sweater and change her shoes. I am doubtful that she did, as LE would indicate that they had sweater and boots....however they have not yet indicated that they have her bag yet....so it is possible.

I suppose the person who saw her turn onto the path would know if she changed. Maybe. Possible but, IMO, not probable.

I guess no one knows how long they have lived in that area I was just wondering if they relocated from somewhere else and someone from there came and got her?

Could they have been relocated by The FBI to where they are now because of some problem and the problem found them?

I am way behind you all in reading this thread...

But Eileen's post above is a very good question...

JMO...

Pretty much every girl around I see is wearing yoga pants and boots these days (assuming yoga pants are synonymous with leggings). I don't imagine her changing into sneakers after school a la Fred Rogers to go for a casual run at the side of a road if she didn't have track practice. (Genuine athleticism or body image issues may discount this opinion)

Lol so the cat is horseback riding at night...

i think i need some pills here

All post above are just my opinions only.

:silly:

that is one active and adventurous kitty! :cat:

:silly:

Sorry for my ignorance...

but what is/are reasons that a vehicle needs a Vehicle Safety Inspection Sticker... And placed in full sight?

I am thinking of a commercial/government vehicle...

But ... :dunno:

The sticker is for verification of vehicle road safety, as well as revenue for the state, for all passenger vehicles (cars, motorbikes, etc.,) as do commercial vehicles. Sticker must be in plain view on the passenger side windshield (in MA but I believe the same for most states)

The sticker is for verification of vehicle road safety and revenue for the state for ALL passenger vehicles as well as commercial, and must be in plain view on the passenger side windshield (in MA but I believe the same for most states)

Thanks... So I must have one on my CA car... And am just not aware of it...

:giggle:

Does anyone know how to get a number on possible tourists that pass thru n.conway on Columbus holiday weekend. That figure might astound people. Fryeburgh fair in Maine was the previous week, it goes 7 days ....people at that fair was 100,000 people plus.

Foliage season is amazing, as you can see. I always think peak color is near my husbands birthday, October.4th. I also think peak means there is still green to set off the other vibrant colors. Color season is hauntingly beautiful and awesome. I have seen tour buses at the Maine and NH border at the state welcome center, let a full bus of non English speaking get off to use the restrooms. Kankamagus highway will take your breath away with fall color, you see many calendar photos from that highway. We call fall tourists leaf peepers.

I want to be a leaf peeper next year. I live amongst pine & cedar trees that stay green all year long. Don't know why it never occurred to me to go back east during fall season but it is now on my bucket list. :)

Thanks... So I must have one on my CA car... And am just not aware of it...

:giggle:

I got away without a sticker for a couple of months when i was broke having just moved to CA, but for a right on red. Sad to say but you've got to pay the piper. Ignorance does not work as a defense, but back to Abby and the more important thing, OK :)

I want to be a leaf peeper next year. I live amongst pine & cedar trees that stay green all year long. Don't know why it never occurred to me to go back east during fall season but it is now on my bucket list. :)

You will love NH any time of year. Enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa