GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding speculation that she is in a sex ring or doing *advertiser censored*, etc. none of us are saying she ran away with the purpose of doing it. We are saying a perp could've possibly lured her away and forced her into it.

Where would we get this wild notion? The press conference LE gave.

I do hope her family and anyone else stops in and reads it. Maybe they already do. I think every angle needs to be examined. If we ignored the unbearable scenarios, then what's the point of discussing? None of us want her to be sexually exploited. I don't think we are being disrespectful by saying it's possible. It happens all the time to young women.

Thanks.

Thank you for emphasizing that for me. If Abigail ran away on her own without being forced and is now in that kind of situation I do not think she had any idea that would be happening to her.

In the documentary I watched the reality of what those girls had gone through was.... indescribable. They showed a snippet of a therapy group for the survivors and the part that got the tears really going was how they had to emphasize to these girls that it was not their fault, because it isn't.

Trust me when I say that if you are family of a missing child, you get tough fast. Reading nasty things about what could be happening to your child isn't eye-opening...its simply hashing out what you have already thought about over and over again.

I have stood in the room where LE has told me and my husband, "We still don't know where your son is but there is a possibility he is deceased. Prepare yourselves."

Nothing...NOTHING...will ever be the same again. If Abby is found or not found or is safe or not safe....nothing will ever be the same for this family. And I pray for all of them. I am here because I care very much. No matter what.

I'm surprised people think that the chances of Abby Hernandez being a victim of trafficking are low. IMO the chances are sky high, whether she is alone or with an adult who is coercing her into staying away from home. I always reference the Ivy Merck case, who was a runaway who eventually contacted her family. She said within 48 hours of leaving home she had all of her stuff stolen and she had been in grave danger more than once. And she was older, maybe 19 or 20. Runaways need to be found! I don't care if Abby ran away, NOTHING good will come from her being out there alone. Abby, please contact your family!

Thank you for emphasizing that for me. If Abigail ran away on her own without being forced and is now in that kind of situation I do not think she had any idea that would be happening to her.

In the documentary I watched the reality of what those girls had gone through was.... indescribable. They showed a snippet of a therapy group for the survivors and the part that got the tears really going was how they had to emphasize to these girls that it was not their fault, because it isn't.

I don't think she would agree to that type of situation. No way in heck.

But yes, she could've been forced into something afterwards. And that's sick and disgusting and unbearable to think. But I will not ignore it as a possibility. If anyone thinks I'm being insensitive, think again. I want fiercely and with every ounce of my being want her home. We don't know who she is with and until we do, we can't ignore anything.

I care and value everyone's opinions. TIA for doing the same.

I keep reading that she had a cleaning Job.. Has this been confirmed?

I would be interested if it's true how she got the job...

My friend does cleaning for people and usually gets other jobs through happy clients, condo associations and some through help wanted ads in local papers..

She is in her early 30's and has met some very strange men.. Some of the stories she has told me are pretty scary..
I'm wondering if Abby was trying to earn some extra money and responded to someone or an ad.. With no transportation she may have agreed to get a ride from a client.

Turtlepoop I hope you realize that no one here means to be hurtful or disrespectful.. I have been here for a few years and can tell you that I have met some very caring people.. I for one lay awake at night worrying about those who are missing..

It is unfortunate that we have to talk about her possibly being abducted and put into prostitution or other bad things.. It is reality and the scum of the earth are getting smarter each year.. The public has no idea how big and wide this has become so getting her photo and info out is very important in finding her..

I'm sorry if our blogging is offensive but look at how many missing persons are here alone and this is just a small example of how many there really are.. If LE said the postmark came from a postmark near me I would be putting fliers outside of every known strip club..

Nothing would make me happier then to know she was found and playing video games all day just being a spoiled brat who couldn't get what she wanted.. I'm not here to judge her or her family.. I'm just here because I care..

IMO not even close. I've looked at so many pictures of her from every angle and expression available to us. This girl has a longer space between the nose and top lip, smaller mouth...

Agree! Noticed the same.

I watched a special once about how some girls are taken into trafficking and I was surprised by it.

They approached one teen as a legit business looking for models for teens clothes. They had her meet them at a coffee shop to talk over details and while there she got a bad vibe from the two people....one of them was a woman! The girl told them she was cold and needed to go out to her car to get her sweater, they grabbed her and pushed into another vehicle.
They allowed her to contact her mother but she could only say certain things, like, "I'm ok...I just need time away." But eventually the calls stopped coming.

So perhaps Abby did get into a situation like this...where she was allowed to send a letter of some type.

Trust me when I say that if you are family of a missing child, you get tough fast. Reading nasty things about what could be happening to your child isn't eye-opening...its simply hashing out what you have already thought about over and over again.

I have stood in the room where LE has told me and my husband, "We still don't know where your son is but there is a possibility he is deceased. Prepare yourselves."

Nothing...NOTHING...will ever be the same again. If Abby is found or not found or is safe or not safe....nothing will ever be the same for this family. And I pray for all of them. I am here because I care very much. No matter what.

Thank you for pointing out that many of us at WS are here because we were crime victims ourselves. Some members have their own threads. I know for me it drives me to take interest, to give victims a voice, and follow through to see justice served.

For every crime that goes unsolved, there is a criminal that remains free to commit more crimes. Putting a pretty bow on what victims go through will not solve their crime.

Thank you for letting me bounce off your post, Shefner.

Too tired to go and find it, but the night before the presser, didn't LE make a comment about info they have now that they should have had sooner? Was that solely in reference to the delay in picking up the mail from the POBox? Or is it in reference to something else? ZH gave them the letter the day she received it.

Kind of re-addressing something I just said not too long ago, but my guess is the "info that LE has now that they were surprised they didn't know earlier" was contained in that letter. My hunch is there are some family issues that need some serious, professional ironing out, and I'm guessing Abigail addressed these issues in the letter. Which I'm banking is from her just because it went to a p.o. Box.

"If it's a citizen that has her, this is not a good thing..." I'm interpreting this to mean, "if you are not sex-ring kidnapper etcetc, but just joe blow trying to help a young girl escape a bad home life, you are not going about this the right way.

As far as sex trafficking, yes I firmly believe it is possible. My guess in this situation, however, is we're talking instead about the very real and harmful risk of plain old "survival sex." A 15 year old girl, who doesn't feel as if she can go home, who has no money or any legitimate means of making any, can easily be pressured into "doing her part" for the person/household that is "helping" her.

I really hate when it seems posters are trying to police others or imply that we are being mean.....the reason I love WS is that we are allowed to post our theories. We are allowed to speculate on theories, we are allowed to offer suggestions, and sadly sex trafficking, prostitution, drugs, abductions, runaways, etc DOES happen - to not speculate in all areas hinders the investigation, we have to look at every angle.

When someone is missing, I think everything should be transparant....just like the BL case - I think things were not told in the beginning that may have led the investigation differently if they had been. I also feel when you enlist the public for help in finding someone then yes, we are entitled to know certain things.

I am torn on the letter....I do feel if she is gone on her own - as with anyone who does something like that, she should be charged or be made to pay for all the wasted resources.... Just the mannerisms of the mom - not making pleas etc...I think things may have been going on at home that we don't know about.....then the FB pages - I don't know, I just hope she is safe somewhere...if she doesn't want to come home, at least call LE.

I think there is no way in heck an abductor or captor would let her write and mail a letter - nor have the supplies with which to do it.

Just a short opinionated rant;

I think it's sad and irresponsible of that news service to publish this girl's picture. It should have been a matter for the police and on the off-chance it is some other minor child they should have considered that in their reporting.
If this is just some random girl's video from YouTube or Vine she is going to suffer greatly from it becoming publically associated with all the sex/*advertiser censored* speculating that is happening all over the web right now.
I have sincere doubts that it is Abby and I feel badly for this poor girl.

If you see something CALL 1-800-Call-FBI

Not the news, not Facebook, not your friends!

If I were to go missing, God forbid, I would want people to generate as many ideas as possible. I would want you to wonder if I am missing voluntarily, if I was kidnapped, if I was kidnapped and thrown into sex trafficking, if I was taken by a relative or friend, if I was murdered, etc.

And if/when I came back home alive, I wouldn't be mad to find out people explored every scenario out about me. I would be more upset if no one cared enough to seek the truth and come up with ideas. I know that the end result of me being home would be HAPPINESS for everyone, and the truth would come out about my disappearance.

WHEN Abigail comes home, she won't be labeled as a "sexually promiscuous" person if she was in fact held captive for exploitation. She will be seen as a SURVIVOR.

:twocents:

Thank you for joining in turtlepoop, All opinions are welcome. Thankfully, forums like this don't act as thought police to chill free speech.

With all due respect, I disagree with many of your points. I hope her parents, and possibly PI's hired by them, do read here and take notes on the ideas that come about after hours, days and weeks of brainstorming on the part of a bunch of people who care about someone other than themselves. The majority of posters here view Abby as a victim, whether she ran away or was abducted and whether she is forced or manipulated into a sex ring, is held hostage by a sick perp in the woods, or is hiding in a friend's vacation home to piss people off. There's a reason for all of this and most likely, it isn't Abby's fault. I find most posters on this site to have an incredible amount of empathy.

It's silly to imply the public should look for Abby in grocery stores and churches if the authorities are concerned about sexual exploitation. Did you watch the press conference? They are! LE needs to be forthcoming with enough information to allow the public to actually help, if that's, indeed, what they want.

Have you looked at the missing persons stats lately? The status quo... how's that working out for missing persons, including Abby?

I think everyone on this site wants to help find Abby and bring her home. Hope and prayers are wishful thinking unless backed up by actions. Posters here call tips into LE all of the time. Please don't shame people away from putting their heads together, sharing their collective knowledge and potentially coming up with new leads to bring Abby home.

Warm regards,
Little Rose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:goodpost: Thank you for 'bringing it altogether'!

I'm surprised people think that the chances of Abby Hernandez being a victim of trafficking are low. IMO the chances are sky high, whether she is alone or with an adult who is coercing her into staying away from home. I always reference the Ivy Merck case, who was a runaway who eventually contacted her family. She said within 48 hours of leaving home she had all of her stuff stolen and she had been in grave danger more than once. And she was older, maybe 19 or 20. Runaways need to be found! I don't care if Abby ran away, NOTHING good will come from her being out there alone. Abby, please contact your family!

BBM I believe a lot of people don't have the awareness you and a few other posters have about trafficking. It's something new to us but we are catching on...we are!

Just saw that two teens are missing in Mass. I'll try to get the info....

2 8th grade girls from Amesbury Mass. Said to be headed for SC. That's all I've got. Sounds like they left voluntarily, but they are in 8th grade!

ETA: the girls ran away so there will be no amber alert. one girl emptied her savings account.

There are comments under this MSM article, one of which claims an alleged sighting in St. Albans, VT of a man, his girlfriend, and a girl who the woman said she was 100% sure looked like Abby. (The tip was called into FBI and local police).

http://www.wcax.com/story/24148877/fbi-nh-teen-in-touch-with-mom-after-she-vanished

Sounds similar to the Errol sighting of a man and two young women.

If this is legitimate, could they be headed for the Canadian border?

http://www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/news/montreal-touted-as-the-sex-tourism-capital-of-north-america

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is true, about the sighting, they wouldn't be headed for the Canadian border. Its been two months, so I would assume they would be in Canada already. We have no idea as we were never privy to the postmark.

Just remember folks, crossing into Canada isn't easy any longer. You need a passport and the borders are more closely watched. We have family property in Maine that has an old logging road that crosses into Canada in a very remote part of both areas. One time I was snowmobiling and accidentally crossed the border. Nothing like spending the day in custody explaining how that happened. Years ago we used to go back and forth with no issues whatsoever, and this isn't a town, it's literally in podunk, and I had border patrol stopping me almost immediately. So they watch the borders more carefully and she would need a passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member