NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic News on the upcoming 20/20 episode... Thank You so much for the update
I just finished my watching 20/20. There's no mention of Rasmussen's immediate family, siblings, etc. nor can I find any information regarding any. So sad the Chameleon wouldn't give up any information before he'll died! I think he had many more victims than anyone could ever imagine!

Interesting. So Terry's claim that he worked at oil rig/industry might have been the truth.
Its driving me crazy!! His wife and 4 kids last see him Xmas of 1974. Unknown child was born between 1975-1977. She was 2 to 4 at time of death. He seems to be between Texas and Cali. I did see that on a police website that as of 6/78 he was working at a Texas Electric Co. and Marlyse Rasmussen and Marlyse two daughters were last seen in Calf. Thanksgiving of 1978. Did Marlyse's family mention that they met the unknown girl. I did see they met Rasmussen so where was the child who at that time would be no more than 3. Then its noted he came to Manchester as Bob Evans in the late 70's. And a woman named "Elizabeth" Evans was listed as his wife during his time in NH. Then he shows back up in Cali in 1985 as Curtis Kimball with a child Dawn. Where is mother Denise? She was last seen in Manchester by Denise's father around Fall 1981 and by Xmas time the father went to invite them for Xmas and they were gone. So more than likely the four deceased were killed by 1981 considering Rasmussen was with Denise. I just cant believe seeing pictures of Rasmussen no one has come foward to help with the time line. Or they have and its not public knowledge. It makes me so sad that two woman have not been found and a child as no name. I think the child's mom was murdered between Cali to Texas not in NH.

Or maybe she's the one who died in a car accident.
One of the stories he told people was that Lisa's mother had "died in a car accident in Texas."
Sarah's father was also told by "someone" that Marlyse had died in a car accident and the kids were being raised by their grandparents.
Could have been it happened to the mother and his daughter was placed with her grandparents, and he came to collect her later.
God knows with all his lies.
If he murdered her and her family knew his name, I'm thinking he would have changed it already back then but he was still TR when he met Marlyse.

Also I'm wondering if his child or the mother was called Lisa, since he renamed Dawn Lisa Marie.
Can't find it online but it's in this 1988 citation.
Dawn's mothers name was Denise and they were last seen with Rasmussen late 1981. Her father went to invite them for Xmas and they had already moved to parts unknown. So Marlyse and the 3 children would have been murdered before this. So I'm not judging but for the fact he already killed at least 4 people Im thinking he definitely killed Denise and the Unnamed child's mother as well. And then his wife in 2000-2002. Which there is some big gaps in the time where its not noted. From the time he got out of prison for abandoning Dawn and put on parole in 1990 and at that time becomes a fugitive to 2000 when Eunsoon Jun introduces Larry Valor a.k.a. Rasmussen to her family. 10 years. Who knows how many others are out there. And his M.O. is woman with children and separating the woman from her family. Which on two separate occasions with Denise and Marlyse he did just that. Families didn't report them missing because they fought or just not that close.

I’ve said it before, but I keep wondering if maybe he killed the unnamed child way before he killed Marlyse and her children. That maybe they never even met. I have no proof of course and it’s not based on anything other than my own thoughts.

I’ve said it before, but I keep wondering if maybe he killed the unnamed child way before he killed Marlyse and her children. That maybe they never even met. I have no proof of course and it’s not based on anything other than my own thoughts.

And moved to several RV parks while he had the child with him...like he did with Lisa/Dawn? Repeating a pattern...

I pondered about that birthday photo of Marie Vaughn. I also looked at family photos online. I’m going into my mind trying to think like Marie. I think she liked Western stuff, as a photo of her holding a shirt saying “I love you” with her mother, Marlyse, is making me think a little more. In that photo, Marlyse’s facial expressions make me feel like she felt depressed. The evidence that Marlyse probably never graduated high school, raising Marie alone (the I Love You shirt photo was likely taken before she married Sarah’s father, whom I’ll call John).
Now back to the birthday photo; I don’t think it was taken in California, but New Hampshire. Here’s why:
*The photo of Marie and the kids in the living room is different from the Christmas photo of them with John in the living room
*Marie appears older, much similar to her reconstruction from 2013
*The photo of Marie blowing out the candles has a woman in the back holding a baby. I believe that woman is Marlyse holding Sarah because the baby looks just like Sarah’s reconstruction.
I pinned this timespan for Marlyse, Marie, Sarah, and Rasmussen’s daughter’s deaths:
December 13, 1978 - November 26, 1981

sbm
The photos were provided by Sarah's half-brother though.
That would mean someone sent the photos from NH to Sarah's dad in California.
I very much doubt that, but who knows...

Thank you for that important information, I have not seen it before. It just reinforces my thoughts about importance of Connecticut tights - Marlyse's dad, Marlyse's 2nd husband and that time frame (79-81).

We know Marlyse had strong ties to CT. She lived there up to the age of 15 with her dad. She also moved back from CA to her dad in CT and lived there with her 1st husband, father of Marie, for short while.

I strongly believe that while Marlyse was on East Coast, in NH, with children and Terry, she was in some touch with her dad in CT. Maybe not too regularly but there was some contact and perhaps even visit with children from NH to CT. It would explain isotopes pointing to whole family travelling 3 weeks (or was it 3 month) prior to their death and it would also explain how Marlyse family would hear at that time rumours about her death. Her dad questioning Terry who was still in NH after not hearing from Marlyse for some time?

We also know that Terry very likely knew and met Marlyse 2nd husband of 4 years, father of baby Sarah, as they started dating very shortly after Marlyse separated in 78. Terry and Marlyse must have lived nearby as she had only visitation rights to her baby Sarah at that time. 2nd husband also knew daughter Marie very well, as she lived with both of them for 4 years of their marriage.

We know Sarah is buried next to her own dad, Marlyse's 2nd husband. Only few days ago I found out they are buried in CT, which peaked my interest. Was he also from there or had he also strong ties to CT? Did he know Marlyse's dad too? After 4 years of marriage, he probably did. This makes me think again about flow of information about the Marlyse death from Terry - to both Marlyse's dad and her 2nd husband.

Photo - If birthday photo is from Dec 78 and shortly after sighting in Nov on Thanksgiving - my thought is photo might be still from California - and present are Marlyse and Terry, Marlyse's 2nd husband (stepdad of Marie for the last 4 years - now deceased), 2nd husband's new woman who he started to date in Oct; 7 year old Marie, 1 year old Sarah and possibly present is even Terry's child (around 2-3 year old at the time). Both Marie and Sarah's birthdays are in Dec (6th and 13th), more reasons for all of them, and their mutual children friends, and those mentioned adults to celebrate together their children birthdays.

This would be also most logical reason how Sarah's family would have that photo in possesion. From Sarah's dad.

If photo is from Dec 79 or Dec 80 - than it might be from CT or Hayward str, Manchester NH. I still lean on first option though, Ca.

Last edited:
I'm not clear on the timeline, but I've suspected Sarah's father was back on the east coast when Marlyse & the girls were in NH and that Sarah's father was in touch with Marlyse during that time. And I also believe, when she stopped communicating with him after their deaths, he called and TPR concocted the story about Marlyse dying in a car accident, and Sarah being adopted by her maternal grandmother. It sounds like something TPR would say, based on what he told Eunsoon's friends and family when she went missing.
Where he was within driving distance to NH, and could verify the story, he was close enough to cause panic in TPR, and I believe that's when TPR & DB left NH and why.

I just managed to watch it in full. Brilliantly done, with lots of never seen before photos and lots of interviews with key people of the case. Thank You.

Link for those outside of US - whole Chameleon documentary - (need to use VPN to watch. Also when one segment finish, wait few seconds and next ones starts automatically) - Serial killer Terry Rasmussen's victims, known and unknown

It's definitely possible. But the isotope testing done on her suggested that she did live up in that area for a short time before her death.

I'm not clear on the timeline, but I've suspected Sarah's father was back on the east coast when Marlyse & the girls were in NH and that Sarah's father was in touch with Marlyse during that time. And I also believe, when she stopped communicating with him after their deaths, he called and TPR concocted the story about Marlyse dying in a car accident, and Sarah being adopted by her maternal grandmother. It sounds like something TPR would say, based on what he told Eunsoon's friends and family when she went missing.
Where he was within driving distance to NH, and could verify the story, he was close enough to cause panic in TPR, and I believe that's when TPR & DB left NH and why.

Any reasons why you have suspected Sarah's father was on east coast? I am curious. I had no idea of his ties to CT up until few days ago and it would be great to know once for all.

We know for the fact though that Marlyse's father (Marie's and Sarah's grandfather) did live there, so his communication with Marlyse and Terry was quite likely too.

Another thought, Marlyse Elizabeth Honeychurch knew Terry's real name in California. What story did he tell her to sudden change of his name when they all moved to NH? This was Terry's first ever new name and we are still unsure if this was real stolen identity of someone or just fake name. All his other future identities were real stolen identites appart of Larry Vanner, which could not be confirmed as he had no paperwork for that name.

I know this was discussed previously but my memory is hazy - what was Marlyse's status with baby Sarah when they were leaving Ca? In summer 78 she had temporary visitation rights, so in Dec 78, if she had by than lets say shared custody, would she be allowed to leave CA and relocate with the baby? It would be good to know for sure, to understand her mindset, if she was perhaps in distress due to the situation and hence more vulnerable to go along with Terry's name change.

Her family mentioned that they have married. Even though we all assume it was also unofficial backyard wedding, we can't rule out they they could have done it offically somewhere under Evans paperwork between Ca and NH and she became Elizabeth Evans. They were both officially divorced end of 78 from their previous partners (not that it would matter under new surnames and new paperwork).

We could search for wedding certificates under names of Marlyse Elizabeth Honeychurch or perhaps Elizabeth Evans and Robert T. Evans between Dec 78 and Dec 80, just for the sake of ruling it out.

Even if it was perhaps just backyard whatever wedding, Marlyse Elizabeth being Elizabeth Evans fits the timeframe and location perfectly to the T.

How did 7 - 8 year old Marie coped with uncle Terry suddenly becoming uncle Bob?

Photo mystery - adding two photos released previosly in 2019 where police asked public for help to find out where and when they were taken

Check the background on 2nd photo

5cfc1a8f07d1b.image.jpg
5cfc633687299.image.jpg

Adding below newly released photo from last week with younger looking Marie. Was the mystery solved? If not, check the background on this new photo - do you see the same heavy TVset at exact same spot as on birthday photo and the same horse behind Marie?

California. You are welcome :)

marie2-CHRISVARBERO-ht-ay-200313_hpEmbed_11x9_992.jpg

can i ask why, when three of the four have been identified it has not updated here?

Another thought, Marlyse Elizabeth Honeychurch knew Terry's real name in California. What story did he tell her to sudden change of his name when they all moved to NH? This was Terry's first ever new name and we are still unsure if this was real stolen identity of someone or just fake name. All his other future identities were real stolen identites appart of Larry Vanner, which could not be confirmed as he had no paperwork for that name.
I know this was discussed previously but my memory is hazy - what was Marlyse's status with baby Sarah when they were leaving Ca? In summer 78 she had temporary visitation rights, so in Dec 78, if she had by than lets say shared custody, would she be allowed to leave CA and relocate with the baby? It would be good to know for sure, to understand her mindset, if she was perhaps in distress due to the situation and hence more vulnerable to go along with Terry's name change.

snipped by me for focus

It's entirely possible that she wasn't supposed to have the kids and just took them with her when she left with TR. In the late 1970's, law enforcement wouldn't have been involved in a child custody argument, so once they left, they'd be unlikely to be caught. If they went far away (can't get much farther from California than New Hampshire) and changed their name, they'd be almost impossible to find. So I can totally see her going along with the idea.

Photo mystery - adding two photos released previosly in 2019 where police asked public for help to find out where and when they were taken

Check the background on 2nd photo

5cfc1a8f07d1b.image.jpg
5cfc633687299.image.jpg

Adding below newly released photo from last week with younger looking Marie. Was the mystery solved? If not, check the background on this new photo - do you see the same heavy TVset at exact same spot as on birthday photo and the same horse behind Marie?

California. You are welcome :)

marie2-CHRISVARBERO-ht-ay-200313_hpEmbed_11x9_992.jpg

Same TV, perhaps same horse, but I'm not sure it's the same house. TV cord in first pic goes across the wall, not in the second pic. Do we know the date of the second picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member