NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine they're attempting to locate the former tenants from the Texas apartment complex.

We've looked for the Texas Apartment complex he mentioned and couldn't find a listing for it, perhaps it's name was changed. Regardless, if it still existed, it got wiped off the map last weekend with the rest of Ingleside during Hurricane Harvey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I guess what I was trying to say is that they don't know where he was after he left Hayward St. So the victims could of been killed sometime between March 1984 and 02/1980 , guessing. If there was a more accurate date of demise rather than a decade or so guesstimate, then by knowing the age of the middle child, how long she was in NH and the accuracy of the isotope mapping I think it could narrow things down considerably and possibly make the search for their Identities a little easier.

*As a side note the recollection of lisa from the Boston Globe Article I believe 01/05/2017, she mentions a number of individuals and that she was told they died from eating mushrooms and grass. The number of individuals and the sexes to me sounded very similar to the victims in allenstown. But lisa was only 6 months old in 12/1981~ . **

From my recollection about the packaging I can only recall them saying the basement floor had been disturbed, nothing about concrete . . My impression was the floor was a dirt floor as many houses built in that time period probably were.

House was built 1910 and the basement is unfinished.

I do recall wire used and plastic and I believe I heard garbage bags from that 01/2017 PR . I took it to mean the wrapping of the bodies they used wire .

They claim he worked at Waumbec, but don't seem to know the exact dates. Waumbec was a berkshire company from 1975-1980. Did Berkshire contract with Brown & Root for facilities maintenance . I believe from 1962 when Brown and root was acquired by I guess KBR they expanded to other services other than just oil related fields.

Sorry AG I meant Attorney General of NH , the office of.

Image of 925 - 927 Hayward St. Manchester NH : circa ?

57.JPG

KBR stands for Kellogg, Brown, and Root. Brown and Root was bought by Halliburton in 1962 (but run as a separate company) and B&R merged with Kellogg in 1998 creating KBR. In 2006, KBR and Halliburton parted ways.

http://www.brownandroot.com/about/history/

This is what I was wondering about:
*As a side note the recollection of Lisa from the Boston Globe Article I believe 01/05/2017, she mentions a number of individuals and that she was told they died from eating mushrooms and grass. The number of individuals and the sexes to me sounded very similar to the victims in allenstown. But lisa was only 6 months old in 12/1981~ . ** :moo:

Here is a Union Leader Article which seems to indicate He did meet a woman in california with two kids in 1984 . Or at least it sounds like that's what they are saying :

".....One possible scenario is that Evans and his daughter met a woman who had two girls of her own. "Did he come into town with his daughter, posing as a single dad?" Schweitzer asked.

That's what he did when he arrived in California in 1984, posing as Lisa's father, she said. "I think it's very possible that he met this other family when it was just him and his daughter, but we don't know that."

Kokoski said it's likely that Evans killed the Allenstown victims before he got involved with Denise Beaudin. Police are hoping to jog the memories of people who may remember a man with a young daughter who spent time with a woman who had two girls of her own. 1. "

1. http://www.unionleader.com/DNA-led-victims-daughter-to-Granite-State

I'm finding that there is a lot to this case. I guess there are reasons this wouldn't of been put into the timeline that was put out. .

:moo: .

Stephen2016 -
There is a lot to this case. I'm finding that the more we learn, the more questions pop up and the mystery deepens.
When I first started delving into the Allenstown mystery, it was four female victims, found 15 years apart. Now it's turned into a case involving another missing woman, a recently identified perpetrator, a murder in CA, and a child reunited with her family.

We've looked for the Texas Apartment complex he mentioned and couldn't find a listing for it, perhaps it's name was changed. Regardless, if it still existed, it got wiped off the map last weekend with the rest of Ingleside during Hurricane Harvey.

We? I found it rather quickly and posted a Google Maps link for it. In fact, the phone number is exactly the same for the place as it was in 1974.

I am curious about a few points that have come to light since the identification of Terry Rasmussen.

1. Why would he have been discharged from the Navy at the height of escalation in the Vietnam War, and when the draft was also at it's height? This has been bothering me.

2. His divorce in 1978 seems to have been granted "in absentia", or where his wife and California authorities had no idea of his whereabouts. It seems pretty clear to me that he had already changed his identity to avoid child support for his 4 legitimate children.

3. What happened to him in the time frame from dropping out of school and appearing as Bob Evans that set his life on such a horrible path? Was there an event while in the Navy that gave him his appetite for harming women and children? Did something happen to him that turned him into the dark soul that he became? Or was he simply evil from the beginning?

I am curious about a few points that have come to light since the identification of Terry Rasmussen.

1. Why would he have been discharged from the Navy at the height of escalation in the Vietnam War, and when the draft was also at it's height? This has been bothering me.

2. His divorce in 1978 seems to have been granted "in absentia", or where his wife and California authorities had no idea of his whereabouts. It seems pretty clear to me that he had already changed his identity to avoid child support for his 4 legitimate children.

3. What happened to him in the time frame from dropping out of school and appearing as Bob Evans that set his life on such a horrible path? Was there an event while in the Navy that gave him his appetite for harming women and children? Did something happen to him that turned him into the dark soul that he became? Or was he simply evil from the beginning?

Those are the answers that would help solve this case.

This is what I was wondering about:
*As a side note the recollection of Lisa from the Boston Globe Article I believe 01/05/2017, she mentions a number of individuals and that she was told they died from eating mushrooms and grass. The number of individuals and the sexes to me sounded very similar to the victims in allenstown. But lisa was only 6 months old in 12/1981~ . ** :moo:

Here is a Union Leader Article which seems to indicate He did meet a woman in california with two kids in 1984 . Or at least it sounds like that's what they are saying :

".....One possible scenario is that Evans and his daughter met a woman who had two girls of her own. "Did he come into town with his daughter, posing as a single dad?" Schweitzer asked.

That's what he did when he arrived in California in 1984, posing as Lisa's father, she said. "I think it's very possible that he met this other family when it was just him and his daughter, but we don't know that."

Kokoski said it's likely that Evans killed the Allenstown victims before he got involved with Denise Beaudin. Police are hoping to jog the memories of people who may remember a man with a young daughter who spent time with a woman who had two girls of her own. 1. "

1. http://www.unionleader.com/DNA-led-victims-daughter-to-Granite-State

I'm finding that there is a lot to this case. I guess there are reasons this wouldn't of been put into the timeline that was put out. .

:moo: .

That's something that I have thought of too! The original estimated time of death for the A4 was 1977-1985.

Let's explore this:
estimated time of death (original) for Allenstown victims 1977-1985
  • 1977- Terry's whereabouts aren't fully known but circumstantially Texas (Texas doesn't match isotopes)
  • 1978-Houston, Texas
  • 1978/79-1981- Manchester, NH (matches isotopes)
  • 1982-1983- whereabouts are unknown. Apartment and store in Bear Brooks burns down. (he has Lisa in this time period)
  • 1984- surfaces in CA (matches isotopes)
  • 1985-First bodies found
Things of note:
His relationships never lasted too long:
Wife- 1968-1973 (5 years)
Denise- 1980/81-1981/1984? (under 1 year-3 years)
Eunsoon- 2000/2001-2002- (1-2 years)

Other women/children:
  • 1974- Brings mystery woman to visit his children and is living in Ingleside, TX.
  • 1980- He has references to having a 2 year old and 6 month old, which is consistent with children in the second barrel. (matches isotopes)
  • 1980's- a babysitter remembers Lisa having a 6 month old sibling (anyone remember if this was in CA?)
  • 1980's- Sightings of him with a woman and children in a vehicle in CA (matches isotopes)
  • 1984- met a woman with two girls in CA (matches isotopes)

One question would be if he killed the A4 after 1981, then why did he spare Lisa? From what Lisa said to authorities though indicates that he did spare her at least twice (that she did have siblings but they died from eating mushrooms while camping) and when he abandoned her in the RV park. We may never know why he spared Lisa.

Circumstantially he most likely killed them pre-Denise/Lisa circa 1980; however, his whereabouts unknown years of 1974-1978, and 1982-1983 should be taken into consideration.

In answer to why he may have spared Lisa if the Allenstown Four were killed later in the timeline is that he may have been abusing her. I know it sounds gross, but it sounds plausible.

so angry about divorce/losing control of wife and children/forced to pay child support was probably enough to tip a control freak over the edge when again faced with family break up or significant arguments.
My own Dad changed his name and rarely saw us as children. As an adult, I reached out to him, thinking no person could possibly be as bad a my mother made him out to be. He wasn't. He's a kind dear soul who suffered my histrionic extrovert mother for years, and they tried to make him pay child support for my sister who was NOT his child and he knew it. He is a part of my life now and mother is NOT. Not trying to give any excuse for TR, every situation is different.

We? I found it rather quickly and posted a Google Maps link for it. In fact, the phone number is exactly the same for the place as it was in 1974.

Yes, my research group. We couldn't find it and we were also using google. Are you sure the google listing for the apartment complex was for one in Ingleside and not another city? I can get your link to work on my phone.

So your google link brings up the Sun Meadow Apartments in Ingleside. How are you connecting them to the Casa Del Rey Apartments? I don't remember the phone number to the apartments or address being published.
2c971a9f309e90958954f6678b6f7b86.jpg

So your google link brings up the Sun Meadow Apartments in Ingleside. How are you connecting them to the Casa Del Rey Apartments? I don't remember the phone number to the apartments or address being published.
2c971a9f309e90958954f6678b6f7b86.jpg

They were called the Casa Del Rey Apartments in 1973 when they opened. And yes, it's in Ingleside where Terry noted he was living. The phone number is exactly the same as it was in 1973 as is the address. Based solely on the information Terry provided his family in December of 1974, this is where he lived.

Which brings up a rather compelling and strange question. How did his family remember this specific apartment complex considering they were thousands of miles away? I couldn't tell you the names of the apartment complexes I even lived in. It's a rather strange piece of information to remember that is so pinpointed. Perhaps they had it written down and stored away for safekeeping.

Maybe they kept that information in case they needed to get a hold of him.

Before the age of computers and smart phones people used to keep handwritten address books or rolodexes. And the main form of communication was through written letters, since phone calls were expensive. Actually, I still keep a written address book. It has addresses of people I knew decades ago. I'm not surprised at all that his family still had his last known address. JMO.

They were called the Casa Del Rey Apartments in 1973 when they opened. And yes, it's in Ingleside where Terry noted he was living. The phone number is exactly the same as it was in 1973 as is the address. Based solely on the information Terry provided his family in December of 1974, this is where he lived.

Which brings up a rather compelling and strange question. How did his family remember this specific apartment complex considering they were thousands of miles away? I couldn't tell you the names of the apartment complexes I even lived in. It's a rather strange piece of information to remember that is so pinpointed. Perhaps they had it written down and stored away for safekeeping.

I agree that it must have been written down. A even bigger question is why he gave them his actual address when he was the "Bob Evans" we have been researching since Jan. When he gave it to them it could be because of his children, like in case they wanted to see their father, but that doesn't sound like him...

I do wonder what happened to him in-between Dec 1974-1978/79 that caused him to change his name and go on the run... Unless he killed A4 before when he was Terry, but their isotopes don't match Texas. Maybe the mystery girl from 1974 was his first victim. He could have PTSD from being in the service and could have lost it after the breakdown of his marriage.

Did they ever release why they separated? If it was infidelity on Terry's part then maybe his daughter was a love child the family didn't know about. Her isotopes match the areas he lived, CA and AZ. Anyways I'm starting to believe the victims are either from NH area or CA.

Before the age of computers and smart phones people used to keep handwritten address books or rolodexes. And the main form of communication was through written letters, since phone calls were expensive. Actually, I still keep a written address book. It has addresses of people I knew decades ago. I'm not surprised at all that his family still had his last known address. JMO.

I'm very familiar having grown up "before the age of computers". Though many, many people purge or lose that information through lack of communication or moving. I didn't keep any old phone books, address books and funneled my rolodex many years ago. I'm very surprised they kept that information.

With his proximity to the ocean I wonder if he didn't start working on the oil rig as early as 73/74? I'm sure if he did he would have talked to co-workers about his lady friend he brought with to AZ.

Some people keep, and some people don't. I don't. My mother has a list of all her grade school classmates and teachers, and has written in the dates when they married, had kids, died.

In this case, they likely kept the address because of the divorce proceedings. They would have needed it for the paperwork.

Some people keep, and some people don't. I don't. My mother has a list of all her grade school classmates and teachers, and has written in the dates when they married, had kids, died.

In this case, they likely kept the address because of the divorce proceedings. They would have needed it for the paperwork.

I have to agree the fact he wasn't at the court house when the divorce was finalized could be for a number of reasons. I would assume with 4 kids some type of financial arrangement would of been an option. In fact I'd be surprised if it wasn't on the table.

He seems to have gone by the name Terry for all of his life up until 78 the year his divorce was finalized. Maybe he felt he could get back together with his wife like back in 1973 ~ when they had separated once before. In 74 they apparently weren't together and he shows up at the house she and the kids were living at. Sounds like the visit also at this time may have been non-eventful.

I wonder if there were any other arrests under his name of Terry R. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname