GUILTY NH - Camden Hughes, 6, suffocated, Hampton, 14 May 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he was up and dressed at 5 or 5:30 a.m. Either these people were traveling or they traveled two hours to place him someplace.

That is true that bridge was right there on the main road. I was more thinking that the town of South Berwick itself is kind of easy to wander into I suppose.

I am baffled as to why they would place him right there near someone's driveway. It seems that they wanted him found quickly perhaps. If they did not want him found there are so many bodies of water around here ugh, kills me even saying that. On a side dirt road any out of place vehicle would be noticed as well, since mostly residents would really travel that type of location. If he was left there around 7:30 am that would mean that the perp or perps risked standing out as far as being in that location and in daylight hours none of this makes any sense to me at all.

I just read the link on the candlelight vigil, is anyone from here planning to attend? I think that I will be going as long as my bf is home in time to watch the kids, though I pray that we will be able to morn him by his proper name by 6pm tomorrow

Future Criminologist the shipyard is quite close I have never timed the trip but driving perhaps 15 minutes I think

I am planning on going.

There is a group on Facebook for him and someone posted a picture in there of a young child they used to care for in a Daycare. I know it's local because I know the woman holding him (it's not his mother, I asked). IMO it could be him. They called the number but have not heard anything back from then.

Here is the link to group (not the picture) https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=225570914125584

That is true that bridge was right there on the main road. I was more thinking that the town of South Berwick itself is kind of easy to wander into I suppose.

I am baffled as to why they would place him right there near someone's driveway. It seems that they wanted him found quickly perhaps. If they did not want him found there are so many bodies of water around here ugh, kills me even saying that. On a side dirt road any out of place vehicle would be noticed as well, since mostly residents would really travel that type of location. If he was left there around 7:30 am that would mean that the perp or perps risked standing out as far as being in that location and in daylight hours none of this makes any sense to me at all.

I just read the link on the candlelight vigil, is anyone from here planning to attend? I think that I will be going as long as my bf is home in time to watch the kids, though I pray that we will be able to morn him by his proper name by 6pm tomorrow

Future Criminologist the shipyard is quite close I have never timed the trip but driving perhaps 15 minutes I think

All of the above makes me think that the person who killed him is not the same person who disposed of him. As someone noted above, he was dressed for the outside and was out and about. I am wondering if the family might be somewhat transient, maybe even staying in the truck and on the road or camping out. [ The military stickers may have been there on the used truck, and the blanket as well]

Anyhow, a violent family member may have hit him too hard, or there was a tragic accident. And the mother or grandmother may have wrapped him up and placed him somewhere to be found because she felt so conflicted. imoo

My husband said his first instinct is that this child suffered some type of accidental death and the family panicked. He said perhaps they could not afford funeral expenses and were scared and embarrassed.
Don't know how I feel about that assessment....but its possible.
I can hardly look at the computer generated photo...it simply breaks my heart.

I am planning on going.

There is a group on Facebook for him and someone posted a picture in there of a young child they used to care for in a Daycare. I know it's local because I know the woman holding him (it's not his mother, I asked). IMO it could be him. They called the number but have not heard anything back from then.

Here is the link to group (not the picture) https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=225570914125584

So I am going to assume that there is something about that situation that makes that daycare provider suspicious. I used to work in a daycare and you get a real close look at how the families function by being there. Who is always late or hard to reach or sends kids sick or in filthy clothes or with no supplies in their diaper bags. Whose kids cling to YOU when their parent arrives to get them. That is a huge red flag.

Looking at his photo, darkening it, it looks as if he was beat on his face, and the left side definitely looks swollen. I would bet he was very blond when small. His cute little nose looks like a little pixie turned up nose.
I think someone beat him with their fists.

Just saw this on my local news channel.

So sad.

:rose: RIP little one :rose:

I just learned of this tonight so I have not read the posts yet - but I am wondering if he was alive when he was dropped off near a driveway. Someone hoping he would be found quickly maybe.

I was wondering that too. Perhaps he was very sick (terminal?) and mom and dad couldn't afford to take care of him, or didn't want to, leaving him at the driveway mistakenly thinking he would be found right away. Kind of a twist on leaving a new born on a doorstep.

Dressed and injured on the left side of his face, I am wondering if he was strapped in a carseat when someone decided to beat up on him. I would be looking in the areas within two hours of the drop off location.

His head could have been laying on one side, causing one side of the face to look misshapen. It does not look bruised or swollen to me. MOO

Could that be the child police went and visited today?

No I don't think so. The owner of the Daycare stated that they called the number and was told they would be in contact. That was late this afternoon and there hasn't been an update as of yet.

Snooping some on housing for Portsmouth Navel shipyard. Most housing appears to be off-base housing for military and contract workers at the base.

A couple snips from military info.

"The Portsmouth Naval Shipyard is physically located in Kittery, Maine specifically on Seavey Island. However; the mailing address used for the Shipyard is Portsmouth, NH 03804. The Shipyard uses building numbers vs. street addresses for mail delivery which makes it difficult to accurately map all locations."

"Portsmouth Naval Shipyard employs approximately 3,900 civilian employees. PNS has an active apprentice and engineer recruitment program. In addition to the civilian workforce, there are approximately 89 naval officers and enlisted personnel assigned to the Shipyard."

"PNS encompasses over 297 acres including the main base and a family housing site off base in Kittery, Maine."

Much more basic info at the link. I suppose I'm getting the feel of a military connection but keeping my options open.

http://apps.mhf.dod.mil/pls/psgprod...NO::P4_INST_ID,P4_INST_TYPE:6055,INSTALLATION

Perhaps the photo could be cropped to remove the daycare workers face if she may not want her photo shown? I would do it but I'm using my phone from bed now not a computer. Has anyone done a side by side of the new photo and baby boy blue? I think that they look very much alike. I think I am a part of that fb group already so many people showing so much love for this baby I can't even begin to express my emotions at this point

I have a sitter and will be attending the vigil tomorrow night. I am deeply saddened that this will be the second vigil at the same location I also was at the vigil for Jeffrey

Perhaps the photo could be cropped to remove the daycare workers face if she may not want her photo shown? I would do it but I'm using my phone from bed now not a computer. Has anyone done a side by side of the new photo and baby boy blue? I think that they look very much alike. I think I am a part of that fb group already so many people showing so much love for this baby I can't even begin to express my emotions at this point

I have a sitter and will be attending the vigil tomorrow night. I am deeply saddened that this will be the second vigil at the same location I also was at the vigil for Jeffrey

I did it a couple of post above yours. It's remarkable about how much they look alike.

Thank you! Takes forever to post with my phone so I missed the side by side shot while I was posting. I can't get over the resemblance. I must say seeing the new photo makes my heart ache more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrismatte