Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe, just maybe... he was not at his baseline of normal thinking.
Maybe, just thinking, he's in a hospital on meds & getting stablized,
so he can be interrogated & hopefully co-operate with LE?

Yes peace...that is what I was not sure I am allowed to say on here. I'm newish to posting and don't want to offend or break the rules. Sadly, that is what I suspect.

I've been reading all of these personal views of the events that were held this weekend. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But, with all respect, we don't need to know whether everyone approves or disproves. It's mostly not relevant to the case. A brief mention is one thing. But we're getting into these long philosophical/ethical discussions that are not necessary and distract readers from discussing the case. Obviously, I'm not the big cheese around here. But I think at least one other individual mentioned this earlier.

I thought the service was supposed to be PRIVATE for friends and family...I have to say I am a little peeved that media was in there.

Yes they have them all over the country but I wonder if they usually have them in a situation like this? I mean there is still a sick &*^% out there and could be in the parade itself. To each his own I guess but IMO its too soon at least wait until the full Tox report comes back.

I was referring to a celebration of life, not the flipping parade.
The celebration of life could have been held a week from now.

I thought the service was supposed to be PRIVATE for friends and family...I have to say I am a little peeved that media was in there.

That was her celebration of life, not her funeral services.

I think the funeral was supposed to be private and the service at the school was open to the pubic. I'm actually surprised the media didn't show up at the funeral.

BBM

You've said a mouthful here (perhaps unwittingly) and I, for one, will be interested to see if your speculation is correct as time goes on, and the facts of this case emerge from LE. Thank you for your post.

Not unwittingly...I've gathered she's taken people in, fell in love with and married a man with a mental illness...had a daughter who was a "momma's girl". I just pictured KL coming up with this idea and rather than staying out of the spotlight, she put herself right out there when it obviously caused her a lot of discomfort.

And she is obviously devastated. She seems like a very emotional and feeling woman. We'll see, I suppose, where that has led.

Celina's mother really did not look good in that photo. In a parade photo, I thought she looked mean or angry in some way. It's difficult to read much into a photo, though. Especially when you have never seen a person before. I have a mouth that sags, and people often think I'm sad or upset when I'm perfectly content. In the video, it's clear that she hasn't had a lot of sleep and isn't feeling very well. That's not a big shock.

JY in her statement about the autopsy said that they were waiting the results of "toxicological and other investigative tests"

that phrase certainly could include DNA.
I think JY does not want to give out any info she does not have to, and to tell us that she is waiting for DNA results would be a lot of info, and info she may not want to share.
So I do think that they are waiting for DNA tests to come back. But jmo.

Jane Young actually said "further investigation." Which is the important part... if they were JUST waiting on toxicology that would be what they were waiting for. They are waiting on the investigation... to solidify things.

From the autopsy press conference:

"At this time both the cause and manner of death remain pending... pending further toxicology as well as further investigation."

Last video in this post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 - #6

Does anyone know why, if CC's body was found at 10:30 or so, was it not recovered until almost 7 hours later? That seems like an inordinate amount of time.

It took just as long to recover Krista Dittmeyer, actually longer. 8 hours.

We heard on the scanner a body was found in the pond and saw the police presence at the pond no later than 9am ET.

We saw the major crime scene unit, the hearse, the search... all of it.

There was a press conference scheduled for 3pm ET. It was postponed.

The hearse arrived and then left a few minutes later, around 5:15pm ET.

They didn't announce that they had found her (suspicious death) until Krista was being transported to Concord, 6:30pm ET.

Found Deceased NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - car found with baby inside - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I've been reading all of these personal views of the events that were held this weekend. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But, with all respect, we don't need to know whether everyone approves or disproves. It's mostly not relevant to the case. A brief mention is one thing. But we're getting into these long philosophical/ethical discussions that are not necessary and distract readers from discussing the case. Obviously, I'm not the big cheese around here. But I think at least one other individual mentioned this earlier.

Until we walk in her shoes, we have no right to suggest how LN feels or what she does. (And I pray I never have to walk in those shoes.)

I'm sure LE has their ears open too, as people will talk amongst themselves. That is what happened in southern NH a couple of years ago. Some teens thought it would be fun to break into a random house and bludgeon the occupants. (Young daughter managed to still call 911 while her mother died) The teens ended up bragging to their friends and those friends told. They are all in jail now. This was also a small town, not as rural as this case though, but people did talk. The AG's office is very thorough, therefore a high conviction rate. JMO.

Jane Young actually said "further investigation." Which is the important part... if they were JUST waiting on toxicology that would be what they were waiting for. They are waiting on the investigation... to solidify things.

<snip>
I stand duly corrected!!!
It took just as long to recover Krista Dittmeyer, actually longer. 8 hours.

Did you ever find out what makes it take so long?

FOX in Boston mentioned on the newscast tonight that Celina's mother was at the memorial service this evening, but her SF was not.

Is the SF still in the hospital?

That is everyone's understanding and we haven't heard differently.

Its fine to celebrate a person but the circumstance in this funeral are different IMO. There was a terrible murder of an innocent little girl and the sicko that did is still out there someplace. If I lived in that community I would be so worried. Just seems odd to me.

The people in that community don't seem worried. From comments on articles it appears that is because they believe the person responsible is not in the community. That right now that person is unable to go into their community.

If this could be some random serial killer/stranger, I believe that they would have postponed the event. I believe that Jane Young and LE would have done that. I think they know who they are looking at and are quite confident in what they know. We'll see that when they make an arrest.

I'm sure it is to protect as much evidence as possible. In water, quick movement could wash evidence away. I'm sure divers are wrapping as much up under water as they can, not to mention underwater photos of the position, etc.

Has anyone seen any evidence that LE is NOT convinced that they know who did it and are building their case?
Any mention of LE still questioning people?
Any sightings of LE still searching for physical evidence?
Is there an ongoing place set up to call with tips for LE?
Is there a reward for information leading to capture?

The only time I have ever seen so little activity is when there is a suspect already in custody.

I stand duly corrected!!!

Did you ever find out what makes it take so long?

I never heard specifically why it took so long in Krista's case.
I have seen information on why it would take a long time to recover a body from the water... if that is helpful?

If evidence such as a body is found, divers must map, diagram, and document its location and position.
If possible, photos should be taken of remains in situ as soon as conditions permit.

A potential crime scene will include a "surface" and a "submerged" area. At the surface, investigators should look for the point of entry into the water, searching for potential evidence — clothing, footprints, or indications of a struggle.

Only properly trained divers should investigate the submerged area. They might use sonar to locate both hazards and objects important to the investigation or they may simply feel their way through weeds and muck.

Water is a tricky medium, but securing a conviction for a homicide demands appropriate evidence handling.

Much can be missed if investigators fail to think through all the angles, and this is especially relevant for underwater crime scenes.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/forensics/underwater_forensics/3.html

The diver must make a thorough search of the area for additional evidence, e.g., jewelry and clothing, prior to moving any body part.

The remains are placed inside a body bag while underwater to prevent loss of evidence
as it is taken to the surface.
In addition, the diver must take precautions against contamination.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/forensics/underwater_forensics/10.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon