NH NH - Eddy Segall, 28, Nashua, 15 June 1977

Eddy's NamUs profile was modified today.The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
She currently has 11 rule outs.
UP6279 12/18/1996 Fairfax VA
UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP1879 11/05/1980 Rapides LA
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP6661 02/03/1991 Stafford VA
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP3153 04/19/1981 Will IL
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA
UP6796 11/18/1985 Alleghany VA
UP8493 12/06/1993 Fairfax VA
UP6249 11/14/1980 Rockingham VA

The Charley Project case was updated on 6 Feb 2022. Not much was added, but it bumps up her case on the site.
Eddy Milta Segall – The Charley Project

If I'm right her tattoos were added.
She may have the following tattoos: the name "Noah" on her right shoulder, a flower on her lower abdomen, and a butterfly in an unknown location.

Commenting to let you all know that the Jane Doe found in Frederick, Maryland, known as "The Cheerleader in the Trunk" has officially been ruled out by NAMUS in Eddy's case. I submitted the possible match 1 year ago and DoeNetwork reached out to me this weekend.

I think the rumor at the time was that she was associated with some bad people. I think they would have been more or less local--probably hung around certain areas of Manchester, which is the mill town to the north.

Eddy had apparently moved north to get away from that life. Southern New Hampshire at the time was a booming area with lots of employment opportunities. I seem to recall that she was either working as a secretary, or taking classes to become a secretary, or something along those lines.

Here's roughly the location where her car was found: Google Maps It's still pretty isolated and was even moreso at the time.

Here's a possible route from where she was living to Pennichuck Square, to where her car was found. Google Maps Several of the roads shown on this map weren't there in 1977. State Route 101A is now lined with businesses and housing complexes, but at the time, it was mostly farmland and woodland.

Wheeler Road is a plausible route for someone traveling from Pennichuck Square to downtown Hollis or continuing on into Massachusetts.

I wonder if you checked the lake too, it might be there too.

One more rule out to add to post #63. There are now a total of 12 UP exclusions:

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs # UP7477Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body FoundAugust 24, 1982
StateMD
CountyFrederick
Estimated Age Range (Years)17-45

One more rule out to add to post #63. There are now a total of 12 UP exclusions:

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs # UP7477Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body FoundAugust 24, 1982
StateMD
CountyFrederick
Estimated Age Range (Years)17-45

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP7477
Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: August 24, 1982
Location Found: Frederick, Maryland
Estimated Age Range: 17-45 Years

1660940239512.png1660940282769.png

Striking resemblance!

I forgot to mention due to being distracted by COVID and ongoing current events (everything's gone nuts!)

I was recently in touch with Eddy's remaining family. The purpose of reaching out was to let them know about the new developments with DNA testing and tracking if they were not currently aware, and to understand their perspectives and desires regarding the case.

For confidentiality purposes, and due to the desire for privacy from her family, I will not issue names - but for the sake of stating facts so all who look into this case are aware, Eddy's child is alive and well - naturally, now an adult - and was involved in the investigation periodically along with Eddy's ex-husband (with the details I was given, I think it is safe to conclude he had no involvement in her disappearance). They were not apprised of the new developments with DNA testing, but considering how much time has passed there was precaution on whether to further pursue the case and open old wounds in fear of again hitting a dead end.

One family member, who is still keeping an eye on the case's progression, is caught between the perspectives that either Eddy ran away (again), or was murdered and the body never located. They encouraged any sleuths to continue searching nonetheless and if any progress is made on our part or LE, there of course still lies a curiosity in where Eddy's path ultimately concluded and a willingness to assist as necessary. Otherwise they have understandably taken steps away to carry on with their lives.

Overall, a very informative (and unexpected!) discussion and one I thought was very important to disclose here. Here's hoping we can still find Eddy someday if only to know where her story led.
I know I am responding very late, but I have been doing a lot of research on NH murders/cold cases/disappearances and I'm also a genetic genealogist and have worked on a couple of cases. I know you are in touch with the family and you feel that the father of Eddy's chlid is not involved-are there any explanations for the quick marriages and death of his second wife who was very young? I am just curious.

June 14, 2023

Dec 20, 2010

Hmm. Match to Reservation Road / Thurston Jane Doe? Shattered skeletal parts found in 1980, clearly fully Ashkenazi Jewish genetic signature, correct age. A stretch but there are not many missing Jewish women from that timeframe.

But we really need basic DNA ethnicity testing on every UID that we can. Not only to bring Eddy home, but everyone. Too many UID are not Idd because of wrong ethnicity estimates.

Hmm. Match to Reservation Road / Thurston Jane Doe? Shattered skeletal parts found in 1980, clearly fully Ashkenazi Jewish genetic signature, correct age. A stretch but there are not many missing Jewish women from that timeframe.

But we really need basic DNA ethnicity testing on every UID that we can. Not only to bring Eddy home, but everyone. Too many UID are not Idd because of wrong ethnicity estimates.
I looked up Reservation Road/Thurston and saw that this was a female UID found in Washington State, quite a distance from New Hampshire. NAMUS did not indicate anything about DNA. Where did you see DNA data on the WA case? Time frame may be a possible, along with age, but distance is an issue. IMO Eddy may be deep in the woods; there are so many wooded, unpopulated areas in NH that can hide a body.

I looked up Reservation Road/Thurston and saw that this was a female UID found in Washington State, quite a distance from New Hampshire. NAMUS did not indicate anything about DNA. Where did you see DNA data on the WA case? Time frame may be a possible, along with age, but distance is an issue. IMO Eddy may be deep in the woods; there are so many wooded, unpopulated areas in NH that can hide a body.
The DDP Project posted her genetic makeup in their spreadsheet.
I agree, distance makes it a long shot but worth a try

I live in the woods off Wheeler Road, not very far from that access road which has since been developed in the 1990s into luxury homes. This case has always unsettled me. I’ve scoured through old town reports looking for clues. It appears in the 1970s abandoned vehicles were not altogether uncommon in Hollis. I know in the woods of that section of forest there exists three abandoned vehicles from that era. I feel like the town cracked down by placing gates and stones to block access to trailheads which exist today.

One misconception from reading posts in this forum is that area is extremely remote. That’s not exactly the case. It appears a sportsmen’s club used to lease land in that vicinity for a number of years. The fire department even build a couple fire ponds and trained in that area prior to the 1980s. The town reports also delve into how the land was managed forest area and surveyed by volunteers.

If anyone *ever* has a need for boots on the ground or theories to visit sections of town land, please let me know. I will gladly volunteer my time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back