Identified! NH - Grafton Co., Female 671UFNH, May'04 - Madeline Gutkowski

nope, didn't know who was taking the LE helm on this one....i thought maybe future crim. might want to take it since she brought this case to the boards.

i did some additional research, and there is no current address for this Madeline since 2001...i think that is interesting. i don't have any of the background check subscriptions, but i have been tempted...does anyone have access to run a check on her?

There is a strong enough resemblence and the graduation year is right. This is the contact info from the National Center for Missing Adults:

Primary Investigating Agency

Investigative Agency: New Hampshire State M. E. Office
Phone: (603) 271-1235

ANDREW , THOMAS A. JUSTICE, DEPT OF CHIEF MEDICAL EXAMIN CHIEF MEDICAL EXAMINER thomas.andrew@doj.nh.gov

Source for ME info: http://admin.state.nh.us/directory/procSearch_internet.asp?Action=Depts&lstDepts=JUSTICE,+DEPT+OF

Circumstances: Unknown. Jane Doe, who used the names Dalaina Terra Garren and Madeline Gutkowski, was located deceased by a hiker in the Franconia Forest in Lincoln, NH on May 1, 2004. She was found with her boyfriend. Although it is believed they both planned their deaths, it could not be determined if their wounds were self-inflicted. There was an Oregon DL with a Portland, OR address and the name Dalaina Terra Garren in her possession. There was also a passport listing IL as her birthplace. Fingerprints matched the name of Madeline Gutkowski. Her vehicle was found nearby with a note addressed to the boyfriend's family. His family has claimed his body but her family has not been found. Cause of death was from a neck wound.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?U200800077S

On ancestry.com there is a Madeline Outhouse who died in Massachusetts in 1971, but does not appear to be the same one, as it appears this one was born in 1900.

this one is driving me nuts. i finally found a madeline gutkowski (rust) but she is in her nineties. some similarities on other names around the US, but nothing that seems to line up.

i am wondering if maybe all her family might be deceased, however.

anyway we can find out from LE if there was evidence she had given birth?

seems like the bf's family might have some sort of clue, too...wish we could read transcripts from interviews...

would anyone mind if i contact the LE?

Has the record of this M. Gutkowski been ruled out?

gutowskimadeline-1.jpg

After looking at possible relatives listed at these ppl search sites this is an unusual collection I must admit. Why not any other Gutkowski surnames in association? It raised my eyebrow, I must admit.

If anyone thinks this avenue should be researched or if it has been discounted let me know. If need be I'll be happy to try to track her and her various alias'. I think she might have quite a few. KWIM?

The birthday database which is notorious for being inaccurate (haha) gives two dates of birth for a M. Gutkowski with addresses that correspond to the above M. Gutkowski.

First Name Last Name Birthday City State Records
MADELINE GUTKOWSKI 1946-09-09 Chicago IL Find Public Record
MADELINE GUTKOWSKI 1946-09-09 Sherman Oaks CA

But the birthdate puts her at 62 and the estimated age of the deceased at time of discovery in 2004 was 57 so it fits. I wouldn't take that as accurate, but would use to as a tool to find out if it was accurate. JMHO.

News release verifying DOB

http://doj.nh.gov/publications/nreleases/051404investigation.html

Las Vegas is in Clark County NV. I'm not even going to follow that down the rabbit hole :)

Intelius report on DTG:

Dalaina T Garren

Portland, OR
Seattle, WA

Relatives:
Dan Garren
Daniel J Garren

i will help you work on the list of contacts...thats a new listing of associated names i haven't able to pull up so wtg.

First, my question is, where had the passport been stamped, when entering or leaving? Seems to me the LE would say, unless, of course, she had the passport, but had not yet used it for travel.... Also, Gutkowski is a polish name meaning "name for someone from many places" so that might explain why she used that name, still, she likely would have A) known a polish family by that name or B) came across the meaning and felt it fit her lifestyle, who knows???? Who is working with LE and the missing matches on this case? I also, wouldn't discount the MG that graduated in 1937, this could have been a Grandparent, Aunt or In-law and she used their name!!!!Madeline Outhouse looks very close to me, the noses are a bit off, but, it's really hard to say since both photos are not the best to work with. I did a side by side of them, cleaned up the DL photo, just took out the coloring from the state seal.... Here it is:

Attachments

• Madeline Outhouse and NH JD Gutkowski-Garren.jpg
    Madeline Outhouse and NH JD Gutkowski-Garren.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 63
From Veromi.net (can't link directly from here)

People Search: OUTHOUSE, MADELINE

1 Match Found (100 max.)

1. OUTHOUSE, MADELINE F (Age 63)

Associated names:

OUTHOUSE, MADELI

City, State
BROCKTON, MA
QUINCY, MA

Possible Relatives:

OUTHOUSE, GENEVIEVE
OUTHOUSE, HENRY

Possible Roommates / Associates:

SEHAVILIM, ROSALIE J (Age 62)
SEHAVILIN, PETER A (Age 41)

Madeline F. Outhouse has a listing in the white pages in Brockton MA. FWIW.

just contacted the le, wait and see if they respond...

I'll wait until you all have a response before looking any further. I have my fingers crossed :)

Here is a news article I just found with some more info:

Local News
Back
Seeking Next Of Kin

Authorities ID Woman Who Committed Suicide

By GARY E. LINDSLEY, Staff Writer
Saturday May 15, 2004

FRANCONIA NEW HAMPSHIRE
Authorities have identified a 57-year-old Northborough, Mass., woman found dead along with a 34-year-old Portland, Ore., man off the Cascade Trail in Franconia Notch State Park, May 1.

The woman, according to the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office and New Hampshire State Police, is said to be Madeline Gutkowski.

Gutkowski was found dead with Festass Dalecourt, also known as Stephen Chadsey, in a wooded area of the Cascade Trail.

Assistant Attorney General Jeff Strelzin has said the couple committed suicide, and it was not a case of a murder-suicide.

They were found about 300 feet off the trail near the Basin by a hiker walking in the woods. Gutkowski and Dalecourt's bodies had been out in the woods awhile before being found, Strelzin has said.

Authorities have not revealed how they know the couple committed suicide, though they have said the deaths were not caused by guns.

Now, authorities are asking for the public's help in locating any of Gutkowski's relatives.

People with any information as to the name or location of Gutkowski's next-of-kin, they are asked to contact Sgt. Charles West of the New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit at (603) 271-2663.

Gutkowski was born in Illinois in September 1946, according to a press release from Attorney General Peter Heed's office. She also was known as Dalaina T. Garren.

She was last known to have been living in Northborough, Mass.

Along with the bodies, police also found a car with out-of-state plates, believed to belong to the couple, in a parking area near the Basin.

Along with the homicide division of the Attorney General's Office, Sgt. Charles West from State Police Troop F has been involved in the investigation as has Lincoln Police Chief Ted Smith.

Strelzin and West could not be reached for comment Friday.

Last known address for boyfriend was in Seattle, I think Kat's records may be the right woman.

so they know who she is...they just don't have a next of kin. ughhh! this shouldn't be on Doe then!

I agree FC. It leads us to believe her identity hasn't been found. It has for this woman, now I guess we need to see if we can follow the trail to relatives. If there are any left.

just contacted the le, wait and see if they respond...

Heard anything from LE? Ask them if passport had been stamped, please?!!:waitasec:

nothing from the LE. : (

that was part of my list of questions....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back