GUILTY NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, missing after placed in Father's Custody in 2019, reported 2021, *1 Guilty perjury, 1 guilty weapons* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was kayla given an immunity deal in exchange for her testimony?
Kayla is serving time for perjury -- but in exchange for her testimony, prosecutors dropped welfare fraud and receiving stolen property charges. In addition, her possible term of confinement was reduced.

Montgomery’s punishment ranged from three-and-a-half to seven years in prison, according to The Associated Press. One and a half years were suspended from the minimum, and she received credit for time served. For her part, she agreed to cooperate in the second-degree murder case against her estranged husband Adam Montgomery, 32, who is accused of beating Harmony to death.

Last edited:
Not directing this question necessarily to you, @PommyMommy , but do we know if Kayla's two children were removed from her care by the state? Even though she is incarcerated right now, I hope they have legally been removed from her care and are not under the care of any of Kayla's family or friends.
I believe she took them to her mother's house when she left Adam, but I don't have any source for that. Nor do I remember any reports of who has had custody of the two boys since her arrest. I too hope they are in a safe, loving environment far away from this nightmare. MOO

There are three children now. Adam and Kayla have a daughter together also, who is their youngest. Kayla's mother did have all the children, prior to the plea deal being made. Not sure if she ( Mom ) has legal custody however. I am also not sure if Kayla had any more children, after Adam.

I think Kayla was only slightly afraid of Adam. I think more likely she was an addict and was more concerned about her next high than what happened to Harmony at the time. Adam was a means to obtain more drugs and that is what drove her actions at the time. My opinion of course
Bbm.
Ita.
This makes me furious and so sad for all of those children.
It was like being kept hostage with monsters ... who were not going to do the right thing !
The only reason for Kayla to spill the beans now is that they got caught and she is in CYA mode, most likely.
Imo.
That sweet baby girl. The last voice she heard was screaming at her to stop crying as she is dying.
I can't with the image of her being forced under a blanket to hide her face from abuse.
She was probably so afraid to even ask to go to the bathroom. Can you imagine the cursing she heard at that inconvenience ??
I'm so angry at everyone who failed her.
I also think Kayla knows where he went with Harmonys body.
Bolding mine.
Agreed, because she wasn't going to let the possibility (Adam) of her next 'high' out of her sight.
More likely -- where he went, she went.
She needs to come clean and say what she knows.
And she is not a 'victim', in any sense of the word.
Omo.

“[The bag] stood out to people, because he placed it in the freezer during his shifts,” prosecutor Christopher Knowles told the court.

“He brought it with him regularly to work and he stored it in a freezer where the company kept food, ingredients,” he said.

“People saw him bringing that in and out. They couldn’t have imagined what that bag contained.”

This whole case is full of unbelievable nightmare fodder that will probably haunt me for the rest of my life, but I just can't get over this part. I must be the absolute nosiest person in the world because there is no way one of my coworkers is going to stroll into our workplace and stash some random mystery bag in our food freezer and I'm not going to go check it out at my first opportunity and see what he's hiding in there. I mean, its going in the food freezer. Did no one really think, "Hmm, that's odd and wildly inappropriate; I should go take a peek and see what's up with this?"

Kayla is serving time for perjury -- but in exchange for her testimony, prosecutors dropped welfare fraud and receiving stolen property charges. In addition, her possible term of confinement was reduced.

Montgomery’s punishment ranged from three-and-a-half to seven years in prison, according to The Associated Press. One and a half years were suspended from the minimum, and she received credit for time served. For her part, she agreed to cooperate in the second-degree murder case against her estranged husband Adam Montgomery, 32, who is accused of beating Harmony to death.
could she be charged in Harmonys death? or is that off the table in echange for her testimony

This is the first time (since O.J.!) that I've watched a trial live. It somehow is so much harder hearing these horrible details than reading them. OMG I've been nauseated, and in tears. . . . and I'm beyond angry that these monsters put this tiny child through this torture. I'm sick. K. (ick) and A. (ick) are both monsters, in my opinion. I'm just sick in my heart over this little girl - I've cried so many tears - and it breaks my heart that I, as a stranger can cry for her but her own "sperm donor" did this to her. No tears from her "parents". WHY do "people" like this procreate???????

This whole case is full of unbelievable nightmare fodder that will probably haunt me for the rest of my life, but I just can't get over this part. I must be the absolute nosiest person in the world because there is no way one of my coworkers is going to stroll into our workplace and stash some random mystery bag in our food freezer and I'm not going to go check it out at my first opportunity and see what he's hiding in there. I mean, its going in the food freezer. Did no one really think, "Hmm, that's odd and wildly inappropriate; I should go take a peek and see what's up with this?"
Ita.
It could have been drugs or weapons (Could Adam legally own a gun ? Doubtful, imo.) or anything.
As it turned out -- it contained the remains of his own baby girl who should have been the most precious person in the world to him.
If Harmony was such a burden to them, why didn't they contact cps and have her placed in foster care ?
Omo.

This is the first time (since O.J.!) that I've watched a trial live. It somehow is so much harder hearing these horrible details than reading them. OMG I've been nauseated, and in tears. . . . and I'm beyond angry that these monsters put this tiny child through this torture. I'm sick. K. (ick) and A. (ick) are both monsters, in my opinion. I'm just sick in my heart over this little girl - I've cried so many tears - and it breaks my heart that I, as a stranger can cry for her but her own "sperm donor" did this to her. No tears from her "parents". WHY do "people" like this procreate???????
I was crying, too for Harmony...It's so hard for me to understand the how and why even when I read about the 'reasons'. I still don't understand why 'it' exists. They are not people.

Dad Who Allegedly Beat Harmony Montgomery To Death Admits To Moving Daughter’s Corpse​

In a surprise turn before his trial even started, the New Hampshire man accused of murdering his 5-year-old daughter pleaded guilty to abusing a corpse and falsifying evidence. Adam Montgomery faces several other criminal charges including second-degree murder for the death of Harmony Montgomery. Law&Crime's Sierra Gillespie breaks down the case and the key witnesses to take the stand so far.

If Harmony was such a burden to them, why didn't they contact cps and have her placed in foster care ?

They obviously did not care about Harmony the girl, the lovely child she was.

However they received financial benefits for her and cared about those benefits. So her well-being didn't matter, because if she went to a foster home, the benefits would stop.

I also believe A. kept her in order to have psychological power over her biological mother and power in general. No one else could have her. He also carried her around after her death, because she was his possession.

They obviously did not care about Harmony the girl, the lovely child she was.

However they received financial benefits for her and cared about those benefits. So her well-being didn't matter, because if she went to a foster home, the benefits would stop.

I also believe A. kept her in order to have psychological power over her biological mother and power in general. No one else could have her. He also carried her around after her death, because she was his possession.
Thanks, I wondered about the financial motive especially.
Too bad they can't make the parents or caregivers have to bring in the child for a well-being appointment, to ensure they're thriving and alive.
I.e., "You want these benefits ? We need to see the dependent first for a well-being check up. This is a requirement."
Omo.

Ita.
It could have been drugs or weapons (Could Adam legally own a gun ? Doubtful, imo.) or anything.
As it turned out -- it contained the remains of his own baby girl who should have been the most precious person in the world to him.
Omo.
Yeah in AM's weapons trial last Summer there was a lot of testimony from their drug friend group about AM's general habits. The people around probably assumed he had illegal weapons or drugs in anything he was carrying.

She says she never said anything because Adam Montgomery threatened to kill her.

"And nobody would be able to find me," Kayla Montgomery testified.

The day in court ended early after Kayla Montgomery complained of a migraine. Attorneys for Adam Montgomery, who was not in court Friday, spent the afternoon trying to discredit her story, arguing that she's lying and is the one responsible for Harmony's death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick