GUILTY NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, missing after placed in Father's Custody in 2019, reported 2021, *1 Guilty perjury, 1 guilty weapons* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to judge someone for being homeless. Many people are one paycheck away from that, and keeping their family together is probably a priority. I think back to terrible 'government' programs in the US that thought they were helping families - like workhouses and orphanages. And the years of programs that took children away from parents who didn't meet social norms, including forced adoption. And not everyone who is homeless is working the system the way you describe. Where would 'some place safe' be?
This same story (and others on WS) has highlighted the problems with the foster care system in the US. And finally minimum wage jobs are not going to support a family of four, for example. Social services are meant to be a safety net, to fill in the gaps when income doesn't make ends meet. IMO
Agreed. If you're homeless, though, with young children in your care, one would think a mature adult or adults would not be spending their money on heroin and crack.

Right now, we are hearing from Aaron Sweeney. He is a tow truck driver who was called to tow the car that the Montgomerys were living in when it broke down at the intersection of Webster and Elm streets.

1707860988030.png

Remember, it's at this moment when prosecutors say #AdamMontgomery first realized that #HarmonyMontgomery was dead. They claim he then put his daughter's body in a duffle bag before he called for a tow.

Sweeney testifies that he only saw two adult males when he was towing the car. Prosecutor asks if there were children there. Sweeney says no.

The state is now questioning Joseph Tucker. He is a former detective for Manchester Police. He searched the Montgomery family's Chrysler Sebring that they lived out of when they were evicted from their home on Gilford Street.

1707861012807.png

Prosecutors also allege this vehicle is also where #AdamMontgomery began beating #HarmonyMontgomery on the day she died.

This is what the Chrysler Sebring looked like when Manchester Police took possession of it. The car was taken from a local junkyard.

1707861044127.png

Tucker tells prosecutors while searching the vehicle he found a toothbrush in the back of the trunk. He says it was under some clothing.

Tucker says he took four swabs of the Chrysler's trunk. When asked if they were sent to a lab along with the toothbrush, he says he's not aware, but he assumes the swabbing was being done to go to a lab. Defense is now questioning Tucker.

Tucker tells the defense about his role in processing the Montgomery car. He says he sprayed what's called Blue Star in the truck of the vehicle. Its purpose is to reveal blood stains.

Tucker tells defense that he collected any item that reacted to the spray. Tucker is done with testimony. He has been excused.

We are now hearing from Sgt. Brian O'Leary of Manchester PD. He worked as a detective from 2013-2022. O'Leary was part of the original investigation into the disappearance of #HarmonyMontgomery.

1707861124022.png

O'Leary was also part of the team that processed the Montgomery family's Chrysler Sebring. He said the whole process was two days. O'Leary is currently discussing the use of Blue Star in the car.

O'Leary says he applied Blue Star to the interior and exterior of the vehicle. When asked about the exterior, he says he sprayed it everywhere on the outside.

O'Leary says he took four swabs of areas that were presumptive positive for blood in the trunk of the car. He says there were also two or three areas that were false positives.

O'Leary also sprayed Blue Star in two areas in the basement of the family's home on Gilford Street. He says there were no positive results there. Judge is breaking for lunch. Jury will return in an hour.

Back from lunch. Defense is now asking O'Leary about his experience with Blue Star. Atty. Brooks asks O'Leary how many times he used Blue Star up until he used it on the Montgomery car. O'Leary says about 15-20 times.

Defense asks O'Leary if a false positive could be contributed to a cleaning agent. O'Leary says that's correct. Remember, Kayla testified about Adam cleaning the car.

O'Leary says he applied Blue Star to the entirety of the vehicle, including the back passenger seats. He says there was no reaction to the Blue Star. He says there were also no positive results from the steering wheel, passenger seats, center console.

O'Leary's testimony is finished, but he has not been excused. He could be called again in the future.

@TimCalWMUR

We are now hearing from Anthony Bodero. He is another important witness to this case. Bodero lived at the Colonial Village Apartments. He allowed the Montgomery family to live in his Audi after their Chrysler broke down. This is also after the state says #HarmonyMontgomery died.

1707861319995.png

This is Anthony Bodero's Audi that the family lived in. Bodero says he met #AdamMontgomery in Aug. of 2019 through a mutual friend. Bodero says Adam gave him a ride to court. He says Adam was with Harmony and the two boys. Bodero says he last saw Harmony abt. 3 weeks later.

1707861354347.png

Bodero admits that he originally lied to a Grand Jury when asked if he ever sold drugs to Adam. He has since been given immunity for his testimony in this trial.

Bodero tells prosecutors that he sold Adam and Kayla drugs in 2019. He says they would pay with either cash or food stamps. He says the family stayed in his car for two days over Thanksgiving weekend in 2019. He says it was Adam, Kayla and their two boys.

Bodero says he never saw #HarmonyMontgomery during that time and does not know where she was.

Adam's attorney, Caroline Smith, is now conducting cross-examination of Bodero.

Smith again gets Bodero to admit that he lied to the Grand Jury.

Smith: You didn't want anything to do with this, right? Bodero: Of course.

Bodero appears frustrated as Smith establishes his criminal history. She brings up a 2022 sentencing in which Bodero was given 2-3 years suspended. Bodero says she's wrong. Smith provides court documents of Bodero's sentence.

We've moved on to Bodero's interactions with the Montgomery family. He says he saw Harmony twice--once at the family's home on Gilford Street and once when the Montgomerys took him to court.

Bodero says for the two days the family lived in his car, he would go down to them a couple of times. He reiterates he never saw Harmony.

Bodero's testimony is over. Court is now taking a 15-minute break.

Now on the stand is Christina Lubin. She is the mother of Kayla Montgomery. Lubin says she only met #HarmonyMontgomery once just after Thanksgiving in 2019.
Lubin says Adam, Kayla and their boys later returned in December and Harmony was not with them.

Lubin ID's a cooler that she kept in the hallway of her home. She says she would put money in it for Kayla to take. Lubin also used the cooler to bring food to basketball games. It's the same cooler pros. says #AdamMontgomery stored his daughter's body while living w/Lubin.

Lubin tells the defense when she met Harmony, she had pigtails and was wearing glasses. Lubin said she was adorable. She says Harmony didn't talk much but seemed fine.

Lubin is done with her testimony. We are now hearing from Katie Swango. She is a criminalist with the NH state lab. She is an expert in DNA analysis and testing. Swango is currently explaining what DNA is to the jury.

Swango says she created DNA profiles of Harmony's mother, Crystal Sorey, and Adam Montgomery from swabs that were provided to her.

Swango says there was one item that came up with what's known as a profile. She tells the state it was a Trolls toothbrush. It's the same toothbrush that was found in the trunk of the Montgomery's Chrysler.

Swango says she tested bristles from the toothbrush. She says she was able to conclude that the toothbrush was used by a female child made by Crystal Sorey and Adam Montgomery. She says it's 100 sextillion times more likely to be Harmony's DNA than another child.

Court is ending today with Swango on the stand. Jury will return tomorrow morning at 8:45 for a 9:00 start.

@TimCalWMUR

https://twitter.com/cathyrusson
@cathyrusson

ICYMI: The defendant has refused to attend his own trial. He was present on day 1 of jury selection so these jurors have seen him, but since then he will not come to court. The judge said he has a right to waive his presence but the jail staff ask him each morning so he can change his mind. So he has not been present to hear the very graphic details. (pool photo from jury selection)

11:55 AM · Feb 13, 202

Harmony's toothbrush located in the trunk of the wrecked/broken down Sebring.

1707862096039.png

11:18 AM · Feb 13, 2024

Next witness used to work with Adam and Kayla at Dunkin Donuts. He received a FB message asking for help jumping their car.
1707862179579.png

1707862194879.png
10:15 AM · Feb 13, 2024

Kayla Montgomery's mother is on the stand.

1707862381391.png

3:02 PM · Feb 13, 2024

This is the cooler Kayla's mom left money in in the apartment building in a common hallway. We've heard in previous testimony that #HarmonyMontgomery's remains were placed in her for a period of time.

1707862243666.png
3:09 PM · Feb 13, 2024

I think he was telling the truth, because as the sentence was suspended he got it in his mind that he hadn't been caught with drugs. I really did mostly buy his story. There wasn't a normal person watching, imo, who didn't sympathize with him, watchihg her dish out all the legal lingo. I liked him. So far I like this guy and then Kevin, who said "No I wasn't confused". When Elaine tried to convince the world that Adam was just a joshin' when he said he beat poor Harmony all over the f. 'Ing house. Anthony seemed real. Drug dealer ne'er do well, I could get along with him.

Last edited:
What kinda guy is okay with two drug addicts and children living in a car?
Adam an Kayla were so bad on drugs they were all eating baby food ,living in a car. Like everyone saw this coming and they looked away and let it. No words .

What kinda guy is okay with two drug addicts and children living in a car?
Adam a Kayla were so bad on drugs they were all eating baby food ,living in a car. Like everyone saw this coming and they looked away and let it. No words .
No words is right. I can’t get my head around any of it.

Where were the five of them going to the bathroom?

According to testimony today, at one point it seems like they were crashing at her mother’s home. Was that no longer an option? What happened to cause them to have to live in a car after having rented the house or apartment on Guilford (?) Street?

No words is right. I can’t get my head around any of it.

Where were the five of them going to the bathroom?

According to testimony today, at one point it seems like they were crashing at her mother’s home. Was that no longer an option? What happened to cause them to have to live in a car after having rented the house or apartment on Guilford (?) Street?
They were evicted from Gilford Street on November 27, 2019 because the mortgage wasn't being paid, and started living in the Chrysler Sebring. They slept in the car parked at Colonial Village Apts in Manchester.

After Harmony was murdered on Dec 7, 2019 and the Chrysler broke down, they walked back to the apartments and Anthony Bodero let them use his Blue Audi for a couple nights. Then he dropped them off at Kayla's aunt's house until Kayla's mother picked them up and took them to her apartment.

Update on the Investigation into the Disappearance of Harmony Montgomery | NH Department of Justice
Kayla Montgomery testimony, Part 3 (also see Parts 4, 5, and 6 that follow)

How can he just not show up for his own trial? Never have I ever. I mean seriously, WTH?

I wonder what the jury thinks of this, or his attorneys. If I was a juror, whatever instructions I would be given by the judge, that defendants don't have to attend their trial, and it is no indication of guilt...whatever. MOO, is that he can't face any one. Maybe being sober and drug free for the first time in years, he just can't face the music.

I am interested in why he kept Harmony's body for so long...after all, just toss the remains in a dumpster or river...bury it in the woods. Why keep her in a bag for months? What does that mean? That he felt guilt?

I am interested in why he kept Harmony's body for so long...after all, just toss the remains in a dumpster or river...bury it in the woods. Why keep her in a bag for months? What does that mean? That he felt guilt?

I think he carried her body around because he saw her as his possession. The same reason he destroyed her body at the end and then took the bag to a location he refuses to reveal. That also gives him power forever. And not attending his trial -- another attempt at power and control. MOO.

I think he carried her body around because he saw her as his possession. The same reason he destroyed her body at the end and then took the bag to a location he refuses to reveal. That also gives him power forever. And not attending his trial -- another attempt at power and control. MOO.
I believe he is a flat out coward that can't face the consequences of his brutality.

Kayla would never have volunteered the truth without something being in it for herself. That’s what she is.

No victim in my books.

I can’t even imagine living Harmony’s short fear filled life. That poor child.
I'm not absolving AM of guilt, but Kayla and her lying really bothers me. It just seems to me that she is hiding a lot more. We don't even have a definite date for the death of Harmony. And who was cleaning that poor child up when she had her bathroom accidents? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oOoJodieoOo