Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* Arrest* MEDIA ONLY

FEB 8, 2024
[...]

The first person on the stand was Michelle Raftery, Harmony's foster mother, followed by Crystal Sorey, her biological mother. Sorey testified that she last saw Harmony in April 2019 and contacted Adam Montgomery for over a year trying to find her daughter with no success.

Later, Harmony's great-uncle Kevin Montgomery told jurors that he told the Department for Children, Youth and Families in 2019 that he had seen Harmony with a black eye.

[...]

Demetrios Tsaros, a former Child Protective Services worker, and Adam Montgomery's friend Nicholas Ahern said he gave multiple explanations for how Harmony got the black eye.

"He told me that she acquired it during a soccer accident," said Ahern.

[...]

FEB 8, 2024
[...]

"The only reason Kayla has to lie now is to protect herself," said defense attorney Jaime Brooks. "The only reason she has to lie and point the finger at Adam is because the truth points the finger at her."

Both sides acknowledged that Kayla Montgomery is a key witness, but the prosecution said there is also forensic evidence to support her version of what happened.

[...]

Harmony's foster mother, Michelle Raftery, also testified, telling the jury that Harmony came to her as a newborn with a brain development disorder and wasn't expected to live past seven months. But she said Harmony defied all odds and was a thriving child.

"She was a loving child. She was very sweet. She was super social. She loved to be with people," Raftery said.

Raftery said she had Harmony three times during her short life and said she left a sparkle wherever she went.

[...]

FEB 8, 2024
Police said at no time did anyone stop to get Harmony medical attention. The incident in the car reportedly happened between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m.

Court documents note Kayla said the family went to a Burger King and returned to a Manchester apartment complex parking lot where they were staying. They stayed for about 20 minutes, and no one reportedly checked on Harmony.

The family then left the parking lot, and the car broke down around 12:15 p.m. At that time, Kayla and Adam allegedly discovered that Harmony was dead.

After Montgomery’s alleged attack on the young defenseless girl, the prosecutor said he did drugs for 20 to 25 minutes, displaying zero concern for the child dying just feet away from him.

FEB 8, 2024
Both Sorey and Rafftery spoke to Harmony intelligence, despite being diagnosed as a baby with a condition that would have resulted in a learning disability. But that diagnosis turned out to be wrong, and "she was meeting every benchmark, she was succeeding," Rafftery said.

Both women also testified that Harmony was potty-trained and didn't have problems with accidents — the prosecution alleges that Adam Montgomery beat his daughter to death in a rage over her continuing to soil herself when they were living in a car in Manchester.

VIDEO: Katie Morin, a former friend and romantic partner of Adam Montgomery, testifies about a story she says he told her about "backhanding" Harmony Montgomery during one particular incident.

FEB 9, 2024

LIVE: Day 3 - NH v. Adam Montgomery, Murder of Harmony Trial​

FEB 9, 2024
Testimony of Kayla Montgomery, PART 1
Bob Ward Boston 25 on X

Im back in Superior Court in Manchester for Adam Montgomery trial. I'm told for 3rd day, Adam is refusing to attend his trial. He will not be here as his fmr wife Kayla testifies against him. We are streaming testimony

Kayla Montgomery is called to stand.

Kayla: is 33. Tells the jury she is doing time for lying to grand jury. Said she did it because she is scared of Adam.

Kayla: Adam told me to stick w/the story that he dropped me off at work Dunkins where I no longer worked & he returned Harmony to her mother. "That was a lie."

Kayla: lied because "I was scared for myself and my children, which are also Adam's, I didn't want to get anyone to get in trouble. I was scared." Kayla is crying on stand now.

Kayla: just identified a selfie she took of her and Harmony in July 2019.

Kayla: That day we were laughing and playing. We always did silly pictures.

Kayla: When we got custody of Harmony she was potty trained, she did not have accidents.

Reactions: nao
FEB 9, 2024
Testimony of Kayla Montgomery, PART 2
Bob Ward Boston 25 on X

Kayla: is shown picture of Harmony's room at Gilford St, decorated with Minnie Mouse. "Harmony liked Minnie Mouse." She said she and Adam set it up before Harmony moved in.

Kayla: Just Id'd a toothbrush as belonging to Harmony.

Kayla: Now focusing on July 2019.

Kayla: At time (July 2019) she was working at Dunkin Donuts but was later terminated after she admitted to stealing cash from the register.

Kayla: In July 2019, Son Declan was 6 months old. She worked 6am to 2pm. Kids were with Adam at Gilford St. home.

Kayla: In July 2019, after Kevin Montgomery ret'd from Florida, I overheard conversation between Kevin and Adam about a situation with Harmony. They were arguing.

Kayla: They were yelling at each other back and forth. It was loud and angry.

Kayla: They were arguing about a black eye Harmony had. I saw it, it was on side of her face, really read. Didn't turn black and blue until next day.

FEB 9, 2024
Testimony of Kayla Montgomery, PART 3
Bob Ward Boston 25 on X

Kayla: Adam first told her that Harmony was hit in face with light saber while playing with son, Seamus.

Kayla: after confronting Adam, he admitted to striking Harmony. Adam said he was in bathroom, Harmony was covering son's mouth, lips were turning blue, and Adam said he "smacked" Harmony.

Kayla: When social worker Demetrius contacted them, Adam got out of the house with Harmony. Kayla said she covered for Adam "I didn't want him to get in trouble." It was week plus before Demetrius saw Harmony....

Demetrius testified yesterday that when he finally saw Harmony, Adam told him the light saber story. There was a small red mark on her face. And he accepted the story.

Kayla: We were evicted from house because mortgage wasn't getting paid. We started living in our car, Chrysler Sebring. Me, Adam, Harmony 2 boys. We slept in car parked at Colonial Village in Manchester

Kayla: In the car, Harmony would not tell us when she had to go to the bathroom. She would pee in the car every day. Adam was getting angry. He would smack her in the face, legs, hand after an accident

Kayla: They were "hurt, stung" smacks. She would cry whenever she got smacked by him. I could hear it. It sounded like it hurt. I heard the smack and the crying.

Kayla: When he hit her she got black eyes. and bruises on her body. Did not see her bleed.in public, he would cover with a comforter in the car, so no one would see her.

FEB 9, 2024
Testimony of Kayla Montgomery, PART 4
Bob Ward Boston 25 on X

Kayla: December 7 2019 is the day Harmony passed away. We were living in the car, sleeping in Colonial Village parking lot

Kayla: That day Harmony was still having accidents. Had one first thing in the morning. Adam kept punching her in the head.

Kayla: on way to methodone clinic, Harmony had an accident. He was yelling and screaming at her, punching her in the head. Harmony was crying

Its a heavy feeling in courtroom. All jurors paying close attention to Kayla's account of what led up to Harmony's death.

Kayla is identifying their dose history from the methadone clinic. She went in first, at 704AM. Then Adam at 709AM

Crystal Sorey, Harmony's mother, has just entered the courtroom.

Kayla: When Adam came out of clinic, he could smell urine, and kept hitting Harmony in the head.

Kayla: I asked to go to Burger King. Harmony was crying. A lot. And she was making a weird noise.

This is going to be rough.#HarmonyMontgomery

FEB 9, 2024
Testimony of Kayla Montgomery, PART 5
Bob Ward Boston 25 on X

Kayla: He kept punching her on way to BK. There were a couple of red lights, at lights he would go between the seats and punch her in the head. There were 2-3 lights.

Kayla: Adam kept saying "Shut the F up. Stop Crying."

Kayla: I cant even describe the weird noise Harmony was making. It was moaning, but crying. I can't explain it.

Kayla: I put my arm up and said stop. He gave me an evil crazy eyes look.I couldn't stop him from hitting her. The look he gave me was scary. I was scared

Kayla: That was one of the first times I saw him look at me like that. But not the last.

Kayla: Harmony was behind the passenger seat. I was in front of her.

Kayla: He struck her by punching her in the head. The other children had no idea what was going on. They were 2 1/2 and 11 months old.

Kayla: He said "I think I really hurt her. I felt something."

Kayla: After it happened, we ordered food at Burger King. He was in driver seat. Went in drive thru. Adam ordered the food.

Kayla: We ate the food in the BK parking lot. I fed the boys food. I didnt see Harmony. She was under the blanket. Adam covered her.

Kayla: Then we headed to Colonial Village. Harmony under the blanket. She was still making the moaning noise, which eventually stopped. We did not check on her. I was scared.

Kayla: At apartment, we got drugs and got high. Heroin and crack. We were there for 10-15 minutes.

Kayla: We left the lot, got to next street over towards Elm St. Car died at the traffic light. It wouldn't start. We were stuck in the vehicle.

Kayla: Adam was trying to get a jump. There was no jumping, we had to leave it. When we were getting out of car, Harmony had passed away

Kayla: Adam tried to wake her, she didn't reply or anything. He said, "Harmony, and kept saying, baby girl," tried to budge her. There was nothing.

Kayla: He took duffle bag in trunk and put her in the duffle bag. Kayla is crying on the stand.

Kayla: We got the kids walked back to Colonial Apartments. Adam carried duffle bag put it in snow bank near dumpster.It was there so a friend wouldn't see it. We left her there, we got a ride to get our stuff

Kayla: The friend was Anthony Bodero. He gave us another car, a blue Audi, until we could figure things out that weekend.

Kayla: We lived in the car. Harmony's body was in the Audi car trunk or near dumpster so Anthony wouldn't see it. It was cold and snow on the ground.

Kayla: First night, Audi car battery died. Adam called Kimberly Frain. She showed up with a battery jumper to jump the car. I was in car with the kids.

Kayla: Harmony was in the trunk while car being jumped.

Kayla: After a couple of nights in the Audi, Bodero dropped the family off at Kayla's aunt's house on So. Main, Manchester.

FEB 9, 2024
Testimony of Kayla Montgomery, PART 6
Bob Ward Boston 25 on X

Kayla: At Aunt's house, Adam placed duffle bag containing Harmony's body under the porch.

Kayla: We were at the house for a couple hours, trying to figure out where to go. We wanted her to talk to my mother to let us stay at her place.

Kayla: My mother came to pick us all up. Harmony was in the duffle bag. Adam put duffle bag in her van. It stayed there 5-10 minutes

Kayla: At mother's house, Adam took bag out of the van and put her "on the side near the trash" until he figure out to put her in a cooler located in hall. On my mom's floor.

Kayla: He put the duffle bag containing Harmony's body in the cooler. Kayla is now ID'ing photo of the red cooler that was on porch of her mom's hallway.

Kayla: Adam pushed the body into the cooler so it would fit. I saw him doing it. She was in cooler for a couple weeks.

Kayla: Body stayed in cooler entire time we were at my mother's house. I saw the cooler every day, multiple times a day. It was kept in the hallway.

Kayla: After mom's we moved to Families in Transition Shelter (FIT). There, Adam put her in the ceiling, in the vent of the room we stayed in.

Kayla: He used the bunk bed, climbed up to the ceiling.

Kayla: as she cries she is identifying the room at the shelter they stayed in with Harmony's body in the ceiling.

Kayla: We lived at the shelter for a month and a half (almost). She is identifying photos of the shelter where they stayed.

Jurors are grim faced as prosecutor Knowles shows them photos of the room and of the vent where Harmony's body was stored.

Kayla: you could smell a horrible smell and it was coming from the vent. Adam took Harmony down from the ceiling and brought her to bathroom when maintenance arrived.

FYI, there is very difficult testimony now about Harmony's body decomposing. I'm not going to repeat all of it here.

Crystal Sorey is leaving the courtroom

Kayla: is identifying a small CMC diaper bag. NH says Adam Montgomery put Harmony's remains in that bag

Kayla: Adam put garbage bags into the CMC bag

CMC is Catholic Medical Center, a hospital here in Manchester, NH

Kayla: Adam "squished her into the bag" when asked how Harmony's body could fit into the CMC bag.

Kayla is identifying a CMC bag as being identical to the one that was used. Its a large cloth white bag with blue handles. Larger than an average tote bag.

Kayla: Adam put Harmony into the CMC bag in the bathroom. "I heard a loud bang" Her body filled the bag. Testimony yesterday was that she weight 35 lbs six months earlier.

Kayla: Adam's idea for getting rid of Harmonys body was to use lime and dismember her.

Kayla: Adam said lime will help decay her body.

We are taking mid morning break now. Back 15 minutes. About 10:55am

Dbm sorry

Last edited:
FEB 9, 2024
Testimony of Kayla Montgomery, PART 7
Bob Ward Boston 25 on X

We are about to resume after a mid morning break. Kayla is now being led back into the courtroom.

Kayla: Adam spent a couple hours trying to fit Harmony into the CMC bag. The original duffle bag, "He got rid of it"

Kayla: When the smell was overpowering, he took her down from the ceiling put her into garbage bags, then CMC bag. Asked me to bring the bag to his job.

Kayla: Adam was working at the Portland Pie. He asked me to bring the bag with me to his work.

Kayla: I walked about 10-15 minutes to Portland Pie with 2 kids, brought a stroller. I was scared.

Kayla: He told me he put her in the freezer (at Portland Pie pizza shop).

Kayla: Adam used ammonia to clean up bathroom. To "clean up anything that happened in that bathroom." He told me ammonia wouldn't use any evidence of blood or fluids.

Kayla: He put Harmony in the freezer so there "wouldn't be any fluids or anything leaking."

Kayla: Left FIT Shelter, moved to Union St in Manchester. Moved 2.20.2020. We listed Harmony on our tax returns because she lived w/us for 6months. Adam told me to leave her on. "So it would show we still had her living with us."

Kayla: At Union St, he kept Harmony in refrigerator of the apartment.

Kayla: He said he just wanted to put her in pieces to get rid of her.

Kayla: He said he was going to try and use a saw. He wanted to use a hand saw.

Kayla: is identifying picture of a handsaw she remembers Adam discussing when they talked about dismembering Harmony's body.

Kayla: Adam also talked about using a Nutri Bullet, which is a blender. He said "it would be good to use to help get rid of her."

Kayla: is identifying a picture of a bag of lime "similar to one that he (Adam) had.

Kayla: saw the bag of lime was in the bathroom of the Union St Apartment. Adam was trying to de-thaw Harmony's body.

Kayla: Adam was taking the clothes off her and putting her into the bag of lime. Harmony's body was in the bathtub.

Kayla: I saw Harmony in the bathtub, still folded together, same way she was left in the bag when we took her out of the car. She was a layer of skin and bone, bruised up.

Kayla: Adam used the hot water from the shower running to de-thaw Harmony

Kayla: I helped him take the clothes off of her, by cutting with scissors. I was scared of him

Kayla: Harmony was wearing a hoodie and her leggings on.

Kayla: I left the bathroom to check on the kids. I couldn't stay in there anymore. I couldn't handle it. I didn't want to see anything.

Kayla: Adam was with Harmony's body for a few hours. Our neighbor was playing loud music, I couldnt tell what noises were happening in the bathroom

Kayla: Adam never took a break during this, never left the bathroom.

Kayla: Adam put Harmony in the CMC bag, he put the lime in trash bags. He added lime in the CMC bag. He did not talk to me, he was working

Kayla: He put the CMC bag back into the freezer afterwards. Harmony's clothes were put into a trashbag.

Kayla: Adam said he wasn't going to leave the trash bags in our trash area, so "there would be no evidence."

Kayla: Adam said he was scared of what would happened to us. So he said he needed to get rid of the CMC bag with Harmony's body.

FEB 9, 2024
Testimony of Kayla Montgomery, PART 8
Bob Ward Boston 25 on X

Kayla: Adam got in touch with an old friend, Travis Beach. Travis and Brittany Bedard came to the apartment

Kayla: Went to a hotel with 2 friends and became aware of a Uhaul. "So Adam could use it to dispose of Harmony's body."

Kayla: The room at the Econolodge was under Brittany's name.

Kayla: Adam talked to me about having Brittany to rent a UHaul because she has a license, and to rental in someone else's name. So that they can't prove Adam rented it.

Kayla: At the hotel, Harmony was being stored "in a fridge." Adam did not tell me where he planned to dump Harmony's body. He left with UHaul and bag in the middle of the night.

Kayla: He didn't tell me what he was doing. But I knew. He said he wasn't telling me where, so if cops got involved, I wouldn't be able to tell where Harmony's body is

Prosecutor: Where did he dump Harmony's body?Kayla: I dont know. When he came back as the sun came up, he no longer had the CMC bag with him.

Kayla: He punched me in the head with his hands, open and closed fist, constantly. It kept happening. She said he beat her before Harmony's body was disposed of, because he thought she was talking to police.

Kayla: Identifying photo of herself with two black eyes. Taken March 17, 2021

Kayla: Adam was consistently accusing me and hitting me. He was breaking things in house, thought there were mics and cameras in the house.

Kayla: He said he would contact his family member, Uncle Kevin, kill me and cut me in pieces and no one would find me, if I tell anyone about Harmony's murder.

Kayla: Is describing being abused by Adam. At one point she was put in a choke hold. Kayla said this happened because he thought I was talking to him

Kayla: Got married to Adam on Harmony's birthday. 6/7/2017. She is still married to him. I left him 3/17/21

Kayla: Adam told me to stay with the lie about Harmony's fate. When police approached me in 12/21, i repeated it. I called him. He told me to get a lawyer and dont tell them where i am.

Kayla: On Dec 30, 21 I was at the family shelter. Went to a Walmart that day.

Kayla: I entered a plea agreement with NH. My testimony is based on "actually being there, the truth."

Kayla: I rec'd 3.5-7 yrs, suspended, and 3.5-7 yr with 1 yr off my minimum.

Kayla: my primary obligation is to tell the truth.

Prosecutor: (showing pic of Adam) Is that the Adam Montgomery who was abusing you, who have Harmony a black eye, murdered her, Kayla: yes.

prosecutor: did you fold her in half
kayla: no
prosecutor: did you put her in ceiling
kayla no
Pros: Who did those things.
Kayla: Adam Montgomery

Prosecutor: Look at these jurors. Did you kill Harmony? did you beat her to death? Were you alone with her when she died?
Kayla to each: No.
Direct of Kayla is over.
Lunch break now until 1:05pm

FEB 9, 2024
Cross Examination of Kayla Montgomery
Bob Ward Boston 25 on X

Defense is now crossing Kayla Montgomery

Caroline Smith is cross examining Kayla Montgomery

Through questioning, Smith is trying to get Kayla to say she was jealous of Adam's new gf in Dec 22 when police wanted to know where Harmony was. They had split the previous St. Pats Day. Kayla is giving mostly one word answers

Defense going after Kayla's credibility. Focusing on her early non cooperation w/ police
Smith:You were lying to the police about what happened
Kayla:Yes
Smith: And you gave them a lie that made you look completely innocent
Kayla: Yes

Smith: You were arrested for something that became a theft charge? (Jan 22)
Kayla: yes
Smith: you worked hard to get out

Smith is showing Kayla a note she wrote about Adam that was found in her cell.
Smith: you didn't write you were afraid of him.
Kayla: I wasn't thinking of that
Smith You wanted one more time w/him before you betrayed him

Smith: You wanted him not to be caught You wanted him to be blamed. Because he didn't do what you said he did.
Kayla: He did do what I say he did.

Smith: You wrote immunity from everything, where did you learn about immunity?
Kayla: Adam

Smith: It was all Adam right?
Kayla: I am my own person.

Smith: You would rather hide Harmony's death than have the state take the children, right?
Kayla: That's not what i was thinking

Smith: Adam did agree to take the fall for you
Smith: you are best friends, do anything for the other
Kayla: Right.

Smith: That note was found during reg cell search. You said you wanted to talk to the AG. And those were the conditions (in the note)

Smith: You didnt talk to the AG before you talked to the Grand Jury

Smith: Before you got out (3/2022), you filed for divorce
Kayla:yes
Smith: You were done.
Kayla: As hard as it was
Smith: Your future was about you.

Smith: You lied to the Grand Jury
Smith: Even though you swore to tell the truth, like today
Kayla Yes

Smith: you said you thought adam hurt her, but didn't know what happened, that was a lie.
smith: that was a lie that protected you, but pointed finger at Adam
Kayla: yes.

Smith: you didn't tell them she was dead
Kayla:yes
smith. you didn't tell them you were there when she was dead. that was a lie by omission.
kayla yes

They are now taking a 15 minutes break. Court's Plan is to go to 4pm. if interested, please watch live stream at our website http://ww.boston25.com as cross examination continues.

FEB 9, 2024
  • Kayla Montgomery was on the stand for more than six hours, recounting what she described as her husband's spiral into rage and paranoia after his daughter died.
  • Kayla Montgomery told jurors that after Harmony was killed, Adam Montgomery's rage turned to her.
  • The court saw a photo of Kayla Montgomery with two black eyes as she testified that he started breaking everything in the house looking for hidden surveillance equipment.
  • Kayla Montgomery is scheduled to be back on the stand Monday morning.
  • News 9 Investigates has learned that she has a parole hearing scheduled for March 7.
  • She is in prison for perjury because she lied to the grand jury about the case.

FEB 12, 2024

LIVE: Day 4 - NH v. Adam Montgomery, Murder of Harmony Trial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53