Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get past the AA.

Who leaves a 5 year old to tend to a newborn? And with impossible expectations????? If the baby cries, punishment????? A five year old????? A baby herself. No way to soothe a baby, rock it, offer it a bottle. Trying to silence the baby out of fear for what was to come, the only way she could.

I can't. I just can't.

And her name was Harmony....

Born into chaos.... precious preemie... I hope she had moments of harmony.... but I fear they were few, failed by the world she lived in.

Her name was Harmony. Her name was Harmony. Her name.....

Heart. Broken.

Harmony should get peace and justice, puppies and baby dolls, comfort and joy.

And the person/people who did this to her should get... nothing. Nothing except LWOP. And ramen with bugs.

JMO

October 2019
References “the parents” - this is AM and KM?

When did CS and AM split up?

When did KM and AM marry?
Although the article says "the parents," I think it must be AM and KM. Chalk that one up to the Daily Beast.

I don't know when CS and AM split up but we can probably narrow it down from sometime between Sept 2014 (when Harmony was about 4 months old and AM was sentenced to 18 months for shooting a guy in the head) to June 2017 when KM and AM's youngest child was born.

I also don't know when KM and AM married although, as above, we know their youngest child was born in June 2017.

MOO

Information in this article on the individuals and groups contributing to the $60,000 reward. How generous of all of them.
I hope it prompts tips that led to Harmony.

Among the contributors to the reward are the U.S. Marshals Service, $10,000; Manchester Crimeline, $2,500; Manchester businessmen Richard Anagnost and Arthur Sullivan, $10,000 each, and Joseph Zagarella, $5,000; Amherst businessman Peter Napoli, $10,000; two anonymous Massachusetts’ businessmen, $10,500; Seabrook businessman Jeff Comeau, $1,000; an anonymous donation of $1,000 from a Nevada businessman.​

Step-mom of missing Harmony Montgomery pleads not-guilty to spending $2,450 in food stamps designated for missing child | Manchester Ink Link

Last edited:
You may want to bookmark this InDepthNH article because it links to all of Adam Montgomery's court documents and all of Kayla's court documents.

Stepmom Charged With Welfare Fraud, Search On for Missing Girl Last Seen at Age 5 Two Years Ago - InDepthNH.org

I've personally found the NH Judicial Branch State Government website (linked below) the best source for direct access to all publically accessible court documents that I've ever experienced without registration or log-in required.

Although several state court sites feature access to docs for "cases of public interest," I've never experienced a sight that is so quick to post case documents for public access in real time.

Take note the link below also provides the option to access both CRIMINAL and CIVIL cases deemed "frequently requested cases."

Frequently Requested Cases

Simply select the "Criminal" tab and the user will have immediate access to all frequently requested criminal cases including AM and KM.

I don't know what to say i feel sick what is wrong with these people I will never understand how a parent can do this and his wife to still collect food stamps for this poor girl so disgusting they make me sick why couldn't they just give her to people that would have and loved and cherished her so heartbreaking how these people just continue to live life like nothing has happened i will never understand so sorry you were treated like trash harmony you deserved so much better
MOO
I feel sick too. :(

Let me know of anything I've missed, anything incorrect, anything you would like added, etc. Please and thank you. :)

Timeline

January 6, 2022

– Harmony’s father, whose criminal history includes burglary, first degree assault, and stalking, and which dates back to 2007, was charged with armed robbery and assault with intent to murder which occurred during a drug deal. Harmony’s mother has criminal history in MA as well.

Jun 7, 2014 - Harmony was born.

Sep 2014 - AM received a sentence of 18 months behind bars, according to the Essex County Attorney’s Office in Massachusetts.

Jul 2018 - Court documents show Harmony’s mother lost custody of Harmony because of substance abuse issues. Harmony began bouncing in and out of foster care.

Sometime in 2019 – Harmony was last enrolled in school in Massachusetts, but (as of 12/31/21) LE did not yet know where.

Feb 22, 2019 – Harmony’s mother no longer had custody; Harmony was returned to her father and no longer in MA foster care system according to juvenile court records from Lawrence, MA.

Feb 25, 2019 - KM filed a change report to add Harmony to her DHHS account and monthly benefits increased $129.

About Apr 21, 2019 - The last time CS spoke with Harmony was over a Facetime video call around Easter 2019. CS later told LE that Harmony "seemed frightened" during the call.

Jun 7, 2019 - BM and JM begin fostering Harmony's younger brother. "From night one, in the bedroom, he asked where Harmony was going to sleep," JM.

Jul 2019– The uncle of Harmony’s father reported an incident to DCYF. After he reported the incident, his nephew stopped speaking to him. Montgomery said he called DCYF in July 2019 after he saw that she had a black eye — but nothing happened. From the affidavit: Due to the above facts and circumstances I believe probable cause exists that AM committed the crime of Second Degree Assault, RSA 631:2, I(d) on or between 7/1/2019 and 7/22/2019, in that he knowingly caused bodily injury to HM 06/07/2014, a child under the age of 13, by striking her in the face.

Aug 16, 2019 - The Millers meet CS for the first time and offer to adopt Harmony if the need ever arises. They discuss J’s strong bond with his sister and exchange numbers with CS, remaining in regular contact ever since.

Sep 5, 2019 - The home at 77 Gilford St in Manchester, NH was owned by HM, 78, and CD from 2016 until it was foreclosed on September 5, 2019, according to the Hillsborough County Register of Deeds. … The property also appears to have been the home of KLM, 43.

Oct 2019 – Harmony was last seen during a police call for service in October of 2019 at the residence in Manchester. … The Manchester house was shared by several family members, including Harmony and her parents [likely AM and KM]. The incident, which Montgomery said included him [Harmony's father] trying to push through the front door when he wasn’t allowed in, resulted in a call to the police and a divide in the family.

Nov 2019 - CS lived at 37 Chapel St #3, Lowell MA with her boyfriend JE who has never met Harmony in person.

Nov 22, 2019 - Boston 25's Blair Miller adopted Harmony's brother on National Adoption Day. Miller inquired with DCF about adopting Harmony as well. A caseworker told him then Harmony had been reunited with her father.

Nov 2019 - The Millers reach out to CS and say they want to send Harmony a Christmas gift from her little brother, but she tells them she’s again unable to reach AM.

Approx Nov 28, 2019 (Thanksgiving Day) - AM told LE he hadn’t seen her since her mother came to pick her up around Thanksgiving of 2019.

The day after Thanksgiving, 2019 - KM told LE that on this date, AM dropped KM off at work and told her that he was taking Harmony to her mother to live.

Jun 2020 - Around Harmony’s sixth birthday, CS tells the Millers she hasn't been able to reach AM or Harmony.

Jan 7, 2021 - KM indicated to DHHS that her family consisted of 2 adults, married, and 4 children. A DHHS caseworker added a note to the redetermination paperwork that KM seemed confused about whether Harmony lived there "because she goes to her mom's every other weekend."

Jun 7, 2021 - Another DHHS account change was initiated and DHHS noted that case management for Harmony was closed; KM said Harmony had moved back with her mother.

Mar 7, 2021 - J asks his adoptive parents if they can adopt Harmony. "I want to call her a Miller too," JM quoted his son as saying at the time.

Jun 2021 - With Harmony’s seventh birthday approaching, the Millers are still sending pictures of J to CS and asking about Harmony. She tells them she wished her ex would stop avoiding her.

Jul 2021 - AM’s mother-in-law filed for a restraining order against him; KM was living with her mother at the time due to AM's violence. AM came to the home and tapped on a window with a knife.

Jul 29, 2021 - CS tells the Millers that she finally found AM, but he immediately blocked her on social media.

Aug & Sep 2021 - AM's mother-in-law's restraining order was heard in court in Aug 2021 and dismissed by the court in Sept 2021.

Sep 2021 - CS told JM she’d made contact with one of AM’s aunts, who told her she hadn’t seen Harmony since some point in 2019. Shortly afterward, she saw AM posting a lot of his belongings on Facebook Marketplace.

Sep 16, 2021 - The Millers began attempting to contact AM and KM over Facebook but had no luck. BM reached out to NH’s DCYF. CS later tells them she finally heard back from the agency.

Oct 2021 - AM's estranged wife KM told officers she had not seen Adam Montgomery since October, 2021 and claimed he was living in a sober house. He later moved to Maine with another woman, according to court documents.

Mid Nov 2021 - KM last spoke to AM.

Nov 18, 2021 - Manchester school officials reveal they have no records that Harmony has ever been enrolled there. Harmony's mother CS called LE to say that Harmony was in the custody of AM, and she had not seen Harmony since around Easter, 2019.

The week prior to Dec 31, 2021 - Lauren Smith, Mayor Craig’s Chief of Staff, confirmed they received an email from an individual stating issues with DCYF and concern regarding a child. ... They forwarded the information to the police. … Aldenberg said police opened the investigation after being contacted by DCYF. Harmony’s mother claims she contacted the Mayor and police.

Dec 27, 2021 - DCYF notified the MPD that they were unable to locate HM.

Dec 30, 2021 - Adam’s brother spoke with LE. According to the affidavit the brother said “Adam was physically abusive toward Harmony” The brother recalled that “Adam was ‘super short’ with the child, and he learned through family members that Adam had given Harmony a black eye” in 2019.

Dec 31, 2021 – LE said they received a report this week that Harmony has not been seen since late 2019. Press conference #1 AM was first questioned by police after being found sleeping in a vehicle with his girlfriend KS in the area of Harvell St in Manchester. KS said she and AM have been romantically involved for over a year.

Jan 2, 2022LE searched the home at 77 Gilford St, Manchester NH.

Jan 3, 2022 - Press Conference #2

Jan 4, 2022 – The FBI officially joined the investigation, the reward is at $33k, and Harmony's father, Adam Montgomery is arrested on a warrant for one felony charge of second-degree assault arising from 2019 conduct against Harmony Montgomery, as well as one misdemeanor charge of interference with custody, and two misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child pertaining to Harmony.

Jan 5, 2022 - Adam Montgomery was arraigned around noon in Hillsborough County Superior Court North. AM waived his bail hearing and agreed to be held in preventive detention at the Hillsborough County House of Justice. The judge granted his petition for a public defender. He is held on no bond.

The reward increased to $43,000.

KM was arrested in Manchester for one charge of Welfare Fraud. The charge alleges that between Dec 2019 and Jun 2021, KM obtained over $1,500 in food stamp benefits by failing to remove Harmony from KM’s family account with NH DHHS Division of Family Assistance and continuing to collect food stamp benefits for Harmony, despite the fact that Harmony was no longer living with KM and husband, AM.

Jan 6, 2022 - KM was arraigned; judge set bond @ $5k.

Reward Money Climbs to $60,000.

24-hour police hotline: 603-203-6060

#FindHarmony
t4560.gif

I think you're right. The eye injury caused by her father appears to have been the black eye her uncle referenced.

ETA:

She is 4 years old and permanently blind in one eye, she was born like that,” according to a police document. ... Manchester police set up a 24-hour tip line this week and offered $60,000 in rewards in an effort to find Harmony Montgomery.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...8ed2d8-6efc-11ec-b1e2-0539da8f4451_story.html

You would need to be a despicable, heartless, vile individual to physically injure the eye of your young daughter has been born blind in one eye. I’m so sorry Harmony had an individual who is capable of that for a Father instead of one who was meant to love and protect her from harm.

I've personally found the NH Judicial Branch State Government website (linked below) the best source for direct access to all publically accessible court documents that I've ever experienced without registration or log-in required.

Although several state court sites feature access to docs for "cases of public interest," I've never experienced a sight that is so quick to post case documents for public access in real time.

Take note the link below also provides the option to access both CRIMINAL and CIVIL cases deemed "frequently requested cases."

Frequently Requested Cases

Simply select the "Criminal" tab and the user will have immediate access to all frequently requested criminal cases including AM and KM.

I appreciate the link and advice!

2014 – Harmony’s father, whose criminal history includes burglary, first degree assault, and stalking, and which dates back to 2007, was charged with armed robbery and assault with intent to murder which occurred during a drug deal. Harmony’s mother has criminal history in MA as well.

Sep 2014 - AM received a sentence of 18 months behind bars, according to the Essex County Attorney’s Office in Massachusetts.
^^rsbm

Brilliant @PommyMommy and thank you for the comprehensive resource!

I don't necessarily have anything to add to the timeline other than my own observation of activity during Harmony's formative years 2014-2015:

From the MSN linked below, we know that on Jan 24, 2014, AM came to Haverhill, MA, and shot his alleged heroin dealer, RJ, in the left side of his chin where the bullet exited his left temple area. Within minutes of JP being shot, AM was shot in the arm by JP's brother, CV.

Four days later, on Jan 28, 2014, the U.S. Marshall’s office located AM in Manchester, N.H., with a bullet wound in his arm, and arrested him on an unrelated probation violation warrant out of Middlesex Superior Court. Reportedly, AM was transported to Elliot Hospital, where he was interviewed by Haverhill police detectives.

At the hospital, AM told detectives that once he arrived at an apartment building in Haverhill where he believed he was meeting the heroin dealer, four or five other people there tried to rob him of $280 he planned to spend on heroin. Witnesses told police that AM had a gun, and as he and JP struggled, the gun went off, wounding JP.

When AM was arraigned in early March 2014 for the shooting charges, he was ordered held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing scheduled for March 13, 2014.

As reported in the timeline, AM entered a guilty plea for lesser charges (larceny, carrying a firearm without a license, and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building) and was sentenced in September 2014 to only 18 months at the house of corrections.

IMO, AM most likely remained in jail beginning March 2014 to Sept 2014 -- missing Harmony's June birth.

Upon sentencing in Sept, he transferred to the house of corrections to serve his 18- month sentence, and if given credit for time served (March-Sept 2014), he was probably released around 11 months later or about August 2015. During this time, AM would have also missed Harmony's first birthday in June 2015.

So this is my observation: since Harmony's birth, AM has been a poor excuse for a father, never bonded with his beautiful, innocent, child, and I don't think he had any difficulty ending her life.

According to the Affidavit, AM also has a birthday on January 22. It's my wish that AM spends this birthday and every remaining birthday of his sorry, evil, life locked up. AM did not deserve a family in 2014, and he's still is not worthy. MOO

Man charged with shooting person in head remains jailed

All MO
I don't live in USA, so I really have no idea what things are like there. It's seems he and KM have no problem lying for financial gain re food stamps, and appear to have no real bond or care for Harmony, otherwise they would have reported her missing. So could they have sold here to fund drug habits or what not. IMO

My son was born legally blind in one eye. His vision was 360/20 in one eye and 15/20 in the other eye. They called it amblyopia and they patched his good eye forcing his bad eye to work. We had to start this process when he was 3. By the time he was 7, they said they couldn't correct it any further. We were able to get his vision in his bad eye to 50/20 with glasses on. This was a huge benefit. But, they never indicated to me that due to this he was considered disabled. He was just a normal little boy with a wondering eye when he was tired. He hated his patch!! But, it draws me to Harmony even more because of her eye. Where are you sweet Harmony???

My twins were also squint eye kids. My sons corrected itself but was still seen every 3 months between 3-6 years. My daughter was patched 3-6, saw the opthalmist every 6 weeks and still does now every 3 months despite being patch free 5 months.

Did this kid not attend any appointments?

Let's hope that he took his phone with him when he likely discarded that precious child. There's a window between Thanksgiving and December 6th, 2019 that's ripe for that. If they can track his phone usage during that time, they may be able to pinpoint his stopping places.

Assuming more charges will forthcome, I think we know she's not coming home.

Her name was Harmony.

She didn't get a proper life. Please may she get a proper burial.

JMO

I took a screen shot of the report from lawandcrime.com of the police officer who interviewed AM. Unfortunately he didn’t have a consistent phone number and only had access to an email sporadically.

Maybe he was filmed by someone’s Security camera or maybe his wife had a phone. I truly wanted him to have a phone so it would’ve pinged his location.

Attachments

• FB797D1F-1BD4-4D8A-B5F0-052B3EBB4A28.png
    FB797D1F-1BD4-4D8A-B5F0-052B3EBB4A28.png
    285.9 KB · Views: 34

From the above link:

Judge Craven points out that a criminal record in and of itself does not preclude someone from getting custody of a child, and that a number of other factors are also examined.

“It’s not prohibited unless that criminal record included the death of another child. <snip>.

And this is why this happens over and over and over. Nevermind dad shot someone in the head, it was an adult, not a child.... That works for the court.

Until laws are changed we will continue to see this happen again and again.

Will the person who decided the interstate protective measures were not necessary be charged? If not and there are no repercussions thus will keep happening.

Let me know of anything I've missed, anything incorrect, anything you would like added, etc. Please and thank you. :)

Timeline

January 6, 2022

– Harmony’s father, whose criminal history includes burglary, first degree assault, and stalking, and which dates back to 2007, was charged with armed robbery and assault with intent to murder which occurred during a drug deal. Harmony’s mother has criminal history in MA as well.

Jul 2018 - Court documents show Harmony’s mother lost custody of Harmony because of substance abuse issues. Harmony began bouncing in and out of foster care.

Sometime in 2019 – Harmony was last enrolled in school in Massachusetts, but (as of 12/31/21) LE did not yet know where.

Feb 22, 2019 – Harmony’s mother no longer had custody; Harmony was returned to her father and no longer in MA foster care system according to juvenile court records from Lawrence, MA.

Feb 25, 2019 - KM filed a change report to add Harmony to her DHHS account and monthly benefits increased $129.

About Apr 21, 2019 - The last time CS spoke with Harmony was over a Facetime video call around Easter 2019. CS later told LE that Harmony "seemed frightened" during the call.

Jun 7, 2019 - BM and JM begin fostering Harmony's younger brother. "From night one, in the bedroom, he asked where Harmony was going to sleep," JM.

Jul 2019– The uncle of Harmony’s father reported an incident to DCYF. After he reported the incident, his nephew stopped speaking to him. Montgomery said he called DCYF in July 2019 after he saw that she had a black eye — but nothing happened. From the affidavit: Due to the above facts and circumstances I believe probable cause exists that AM committed the crime of Second Degree Assault, RSA 631:2, I(d) on or between 7/1/2019 and 7/22/2019, in that he knowingly caused bodily injury to HM 06/07/2014, a child under the age of 13, by striking her in the face.

Aug 16, 2019 - The Millers meet CS for the first time and offer to adopt Harmony if the need ever arises. They discuss J’s strong bond with his sister and exchange numbers with CS, remaining in regular contact ever since.

Sep 5, 2019 - The home at 77 Gilford St in Manchester, NH was owned by HM, 78, and CD from 2016 until it was foreclosed on September 5, 2019, according to the Hillsborough County Register of Deeds. … The property also appears to have been the home of KLM, 43.

Oct 2019 – Harmony was last seen during a police call for service in October of 2019 at the residence in Manchester. … The Manchester house was shared by several family members, including Harmony and her parents [likely AM and KM]. The incident, which Montgomery said included him [Harmony's father] trying to push through the front door when he wasn’t allowed in, resulted in a call to the police and a divide in the family.

Nov 2019 - CS lived at 37 Chapel St #3, Lowell MA with her boyfriend JE who has never met Harmony in person.

Nov 22, 2019 - Boston 25's Blair Miller adopted Harmony's brother on National Adoption Day. Miller inquired with DCF about adopting Harmony as well. A caseworker told him then Harmony had been reunited with her father.

Nov 2019 - The Millers reach out to CS and say they want to send Harmony a Christmas gift from her little brother, but she tells them she’s again unable to reach AM.

Approx Nov 28, 2019 (Thanksgiving Day) - AM told LE he hadn’t seen her since her mother came to pick her up around Thanksgiving of 2019.

The day after Thanksgiving, 2019 - KM told LE that on this date, AM dropped KM off at work and told her that he was taking Harmony to her mother to live.

Jun 2020 - Around Harmony’s sixth birthday, CS tells the Millers she hasn't been able to reach AM or Harmony.

Jan 7, 2021 - KM indicated to DHHS that her family consisted of 2 adults, married, and 4 children. A DHHS caseworker added a note to the redetermination paperwork that KM seemed confused about whether Harmony lived there "because she goes to her mom's every other weekend."

Jun 7, 2021 - Another DHHS account change was initiated and DHHS noted that case management for Harmony was closed; KM said Harmony had moved back with her mother.

Mar 7, 2021 - J asks his adoptive parents if they can adopt Harmony. "I want to call her a Miller too," JM quoted his son as saying at the time.

Jun 2021 - With Harmony’s seventh birthday approaching, the Millers are still sending pictures of J to CS and asking about Harmony. She tells them she wished her ex would stop avoiding her.

Jul 2021 - AM’s mother-in-law filed for a restraining order against him; KM was living with her mother at the time due to AM's violence. AM came to the home and tapped on a window with a knife.

Jul 29, 2021 - CS tells the Millers that she finally found AM, but he immediately blocked her on social media.

Aug & Sep 2021 - AM's mother-in-law's restraining order was heard in court in Aug 2021 and dismissed by the court in Sept 2021.

Sep 2021 - CS told JM she’d made contact with one of AM’s aunts, who told her she hadn’t seen Harmony since some point in 2019. Shortly afterward, she saw AM posting a lot of his belongings on Facebook Marketplace.

Sep 16, 2021 - The Millers began attempting to contact AM and KM over Facebook but had no luck. BM reached out to NH’s DCYF. CS later tells them she finally heard back from the agency.

Oct 2021 - AM's estranged wife KM told officers she had not seen Adam Montgomery since October, 2021 and claimed he was living in a sober house. He later moved to Maine with another woman, according to court documents.

Mid Nov 2021 - KM last spoke to AM.

Nov 18, 2021 - Manchester school officials reveal they have no records that Harmony has ever been enrolled there. Harmony's mother CS called LE to say that Harmony was in the custody of AM, and she had not seen Harmony since around Easter, 2019.

The week prior to Dec 31, 2021 - Lauren Smith, Mayor Craig’s Chief of Staff, confirmed they received an email from an individual stating issues with DCYF and concern regarding a child. ... They forwarded the information to the police. … Aldenberg said police opened the investigation after being contacted by DCYF. Harmony’s mother claims she contacted the Mayor and police.

Dec 27, 2021 - DCYF notified the MPD that they were unable to locate HM.

Dec 30, 2021 - Adam’s brother spoke with LE. According to the affidavit the brother said “Adam was physically abusive toward Harmony” The brother recalled that “Adam was ‘super short’ with the child, and he learned through family members that Adam had given Harmony a black eye” in 2019.

Dec 31, 2021 – LE said they received a report this week that Harmony has not been seen since late 2019. Press conference #1 AM was first questioned by police after being found sleeping in a vehicle with his girlfriend KS in the area of Harvell St in Manchester. KS said she and AM have been romantically involved for over a year.

Jan 2, 2022LE searched the home at 77 Gilford St, Manchester NH.

Jan 3, 2022 - Press Conference #2

Jan 4, 2022 – The FBI officially joined the investigation, the reward is at $33k, and Harmony's father, Adam Montgomery is arrested on a warrant for one felony charge of second-degree assault arising from 2019 conduct against Harmony Montgomery, as well as one misdemeanor charge of interference with custody, and two misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child pertaining to Harmony.

Jan 5, 2022 - Adam Montgomery was arraigned around noon in Hillsborough County Superior Court North. AM waived his bail hearing and agreed to be held in preventive detention at the Hillsborough County House of Justice. The judge granted his petition for a public defender. He is held on no bond.

The reward increased to $43,000.

KM was arrested in Manchester for one charge of Welfare Fraud. The charge alleges that between Dec 2019 and Jun 2021, KM obtained over $1,500 in food stamp benefits by failing to remove Harmony from KM’s family account with NH DHHS Division of Family Assistance and continuing to collect food stamp benefits for Harmony, despite the fact that Harmony was no longer living with KM and husband, AM.

Jan 6, 2022 - KM was arraigned; judge set bond @ $5k.

Reward Money Climbs to $60,000.

24-hour police hotline: 603-203-6060

#FindHarmony
t4560.gif

i think his initial arrest on the 2014 charge was in March of that year, if you wanted to add. ETA my bad it was January, i had read the date of the article at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa