Found Safe NH - Kimberly Pushard, 51, & Angela Bussell, 50, both intellectually disabled, lost in jeep, phone pinged in Candia area, 21 Feb 2023

I was thinking this too - and if they didn’t go south but went north instead wouldn’t they have hit Canada by now, and been stopped at the border? I’m sure the border checks have been notified at this point but either direction on 95 should have gotten them to civilization by now.
And if they ran out of gas on 95, they would have been spotted by now. I'm concerned that they got off a random exit looking for gas, food, bathrooms, warmth, etc, drove a few miles, ran out of gas or energy, and stopped on a remote road.

So worried about these two ladies. While their disabilities make them prone to getting lost, they have the intelligence to know when they are lost and ask for directions. That’s a good thing, but it’s very concerning that there have been no sightings of them for the few days.

I wonder if local LE are actively searching at all or if the only thing they’ve done is put the Missing Alert into the system. Does the 2012 Jeep Compass have a navigation system? It looks like they might come factory installed. If so is it traceable even if it was never activated?

So worried about these two ladies. While their disabilities make them prone to getting lost, they have the intelligence to know when they are lost and ask for directions. That’s a good thing, but it’s very concerning that there have been no sightings of them for the few days.

I wonder if local LE are actively searching at all or if the only thing they’ve done is put the Missing Alert into the system. Does the 2012 Jeep Compass have a navigation system? It looks like they might come factory installed. If so is it traceable even if it was never activated?
I'm worried about them too. I definitely hope they are employing more aggressive means of locating them.

The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was to grab my phone and check to see if there was an update about them. I'm just absolutely heartsick no one has now seen them in three days. It doesn't seem like there's any kind of aggressive search for them whatsoever. The families must just be beside themselves at this point.

They're finally conducting an air search. I wish they had done this sooner.

As of Saturday, Hagan said the women have not used a debit card since Wednesday.
This is so concerning. If they were okay, surely they would be purchasing food, gas, etc. Maybe they have cash on them, but I don't like this at all. :(

They're finally conducting an air search. I wish they had done this sooner.

This is so concerning. If they were okay, surely they would be purchasing food, gas, etc. Maybe they have cash on them, but I don't like this at all. :(
I’m also very very worried for these two ladies. I’ve been wondering if one is taking the lead in trying to find home again. Is one of them a little more capable than the other? I’ve become obsessed with this thread and am probably hijacking the thread and I don’t mean to but I’m so worried. I wish more members were aware of these threads that aren’t visited so much.

Topsham Police Department just released a photo of what they believe to be Kimberly's vehicle taken in Lincoln, Maine on Wednesday morning. The vehicle was heading south on Route 155 toward Enfield, 142 miles north of Topsham. If they had made it to Howland and gotten on I-95 South, they should have been home about two hours later.

Did they get on I-95 but get turned around and head north instead? Or did they have an accident and run off the road somewhere between Lincoln and Howland? The temperature was only 34 degrees F at that time on Wednesday, just above freezing, so easy to imagine that they hit a patch of ice and left the roadway. Much of Route 155 is heavily wooded on both sides, so it's easy to imagine them doing so. (IMO, MOO, etc.)

I’m also very very worried for these two ladies. I’ve been wondering if one is taking the lead in trying to find home again. Is one of them a little more capable than the other? I’ve become obsessed with this thread and am probably hijacking the thread and I don’t mean to but I’m so worried. I wish more members were aware of these threads that aren’t visited so much.
I’m right there with you! Maybe because you and I are both ‘grandma’ age?

It looks like Kimberly is the one driving, it’s her car and she’s the one shown paying at the gas station. I assumed she was more the “leader”. My heart really sunk when I read that their debit card hadn’t been used since Wednesday. That’s a full 3 days ago. It’s snowy and very cold today - like 13 degrees. If they are stuck in their car on some backroad, would they have they know how to keep warm? :(

Topsham Police Department FB page gave an update about an hour ago:

“The vehicle (was) headed South on Route 155 headed towards Enfield on Feb 22. This is the last known direction of the missing vehicle and we are asking anyone that lives along this route to pay increased attention on the public and private roads.”
They think this is a picture of her car.
1677361352999.jpeg

On Saturday, the Maine Warden Service used two fixed-wing airplanes, and the Maine Forest Service used a helicopter to search for their vehicle in the Lincoln area.

*eta:
Police think it's possible the women confused "Topsfield," which is near Springfield, for "Topsham."

Police say game wardens and tribal wardens from Indian Township are searching the area for both women, and that there has been no known contact with the women since.

Last edited:
I'm thinking they didn't have phone chargers in the car, an important thing to have. I hate to say it but at this point I don't think this is going to end well. I was much more l optimistic Thursday morning.

Angela is legally blind

Hagan said Friday that both women take medication for high blood pressure and they don't have their medication with them. He said the families of both women are very concerned. When asked if the women have been known to go on trips before, he said no.

“This is completely out of the ordinary," he said.

My heart hurts for these dear folks and all those who love them.
Kimberly is wearing the same sweater in both of these 2 pictures below, though in the the second one, from the gas stop, it looks like she has a layer on underneath. But it still would not be enough to keep warm in sub-freezing temperatures.
My prayer is that they found some place warmer indoors to get out of the cold, and can manage there until they are found soon.
Topsham Police Department

1677433686344.jpeg
1677433773859.jpeg

The women have now been away from home for five nights, out in the cold and the snow.

At Smith’s General Store on Sunday, the lottery machine displayed a silver alert notification, telling customers of the ongoing search.

Sherry Glidden, who works at the store, spoke to Pushard there on Wednesday morning.

Glidden said she helped Pushard use her debit card, and Pushard made an impression. She said all kinds of people come into the store, but when someone is as kind as Pushard was, you notice.

“She was very sweet, very nice,” said Glidden.

Since she learned the women are missing, out in the cold weather, and in danger, she’s been thinking about their encounter.

Topsham Police Chief Marc Hagan said two Maine Warden Service planes were in the air again on Sunday searching, “and more wardens on the ground.”

Pushard’s car was last spotted outside a Marden’s store in Lincoln on Wednesday morning. Police believe the Jeep was headed south on Route 155 in Enfield. Hagan said the search on Sunday was focused east of I-95, “but they have wardens spread out in the area.”

Emily McCabe, spokesperson for the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, said Sunday that the Maine Warden Service’s search area is “the size of Rhode Island.”

Glidden, of Smith’s General Store, said that when Pushard showed up there, “she seemed normal” and had come inside to pay for gas. “I looked out and saw she was parked at the diesel pump,” Glidden said, so she told Pushard to back her car up to a regular gasoline pump. She said she saw a passenger, presumably Bussell, in the passenger seat.

Pushard went outside to the car but then came back, asking if she had left her keys on the counter. She had. Glidden gave her the keys and helped Pushard use a debit card to buy $25 of gas.

Pushard then asked Glidden which way to head to go south. “I told her to take this road 20 miles to Lincoln,” Glidden said.

The women have now been away from home for five nights, out in the cold and the snow.

At Smith’s General Store on Sunday, the lottery machine displayed a silver alert notification, telling customers of the ongoing search.

Sherry Glidden, who works at the store, spoke to Pushard there on Wednesday morning.

Glidden said she helped Pushard use her debit card, and Pushard made an impression. She said all kinds of people come into the store, but when someone is as kind as Pushard was, you notice.

“She was very sweet, very nice,” said Glidden.

Since she learned the women are missing, out in the cold weather, and in danger, she’s been thinking about their encounter.

Topsham Police Chief Marc Hagan said two Maine Warden Service planes were in the air again on Sunday searching, “and more wardens on the ground.”

Pushard’s car was last spotted outside a Marden’s store in Lincoln on Wednesday morning. Police believe the Jeep was headed south on Route 155 in Enfield. Hagan said the search on Sunday was focused east of I-95, “but they have wardens spread out in the area.”

Emily McCabe, spokesperson for the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, said Sunday that the Maine Warden Service’s search area is “the size of Rhode Island.”

Glidden, of Smith’s General Store, said that when Pushard showed up there, “she seemed normal” and had come inside to pay for gas. “I looked out and saw she was parked at the diesel pump,” Glidden said, so she told Pushard to back her car up to a regular gasoline pump. She said she saw a passenger, presumably Bussell, in the passenger seat.

Pushard went outside to the car but then came back, asking if she had left her keys on the counter. She had. Glidden gave her the keys and helped Pushard use a debit card to buy $25 of gas.

Pushard then asked Glidden which way to head to go south. “I told her to take this road 20 miles to Lincoln,” Glidden said.
I'm blinking back tears reading this. I keep trying to imagine what sort of cold weather survival skills these two ladies might have if they've run out of gas somewhere remote or got in an accident and ran off the road, presumably with no food, water, or emergency supplies in the vehicle with them for this long. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back