GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby's father in jail but not ruled out as a suspect in Dittmeyer disappearance
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/featured/story/dittmeyer-press-conference-tuesday

snip
The father of Krista Dittmeyer’s baby has not been ruled out as a suspect in her disappearance, but police know he wasn’t in Conway. He is currently serving a four-year prison sentence in Maine for selling drugs.

Police were unwilling to comment on whether Dittmeyer’s disappearance is drug-related.

Okay, has anyone seen any video or comments from the father's side of the family? Could there be some estrangement there? Just wondering out loud...

Krista Dittmeyer quick facts

sbm

.Krista talked with mother Friday the previous evening at 8pm, all was ok and normal

LE has changed the time of the call to mom..it's now 10:30p

LOL I was thinking is motive is Krista knows to much:waitasec:[/prequote]

Yes, I agree. So he received 4 years for dealing drugs. Does anyone know if that is a typical sentence and what the amount of drugs he sold was? Seems to me it must be significant to get a sentence like that. I wonder if he has any priors. I also wonder how he got caught and his family's relationship with Krista.

Well, it sounds like he was dealing drugs when she was pregnant and living together, right?

CARS

• Krista's Car found 6:30 am 4/23 Saturday by police- referred by passer-by
• Police suspect car had been there a few hours before being found
• engine was running, door was ajar, hazard lights on
• Krista’s baby found in back seat healthy and now with family
• Unknown who drove car to where it was found (Krista or suspect)
• A second car was searched and seized with warrant by police in town of Conway (Conway village).
• Evidence is being processed from a second location (fore mentioned car I believe) in town of Conway.
• Rumored: Krista’s purse, cell and wallet found in Krista's car

KRISTA

• Police treating case as abduction/crime
• Evidence suggests Krista was forced against her will
• Blood evidence believed to be in Krista's car
• Krista talked with mother Friday the previous evening at 8pm, all was ok and normal
• Ex boyfriend ruled out as a suspect by police in some articles and some articles are reporting "no comment" responses on ex boyfriend suspicion by family and police.
• Ex-boyfriend was not in area where Krista believed to disappear as he is in jail per twitter posts
• FBI has now joined the case along with local and state police 4/26
• No publicly known suspects at the moment
• From Conway Daily Sun FB page - "My daughter is friends with krista on FB and on the 6th of april she had posted that she was scared out of her mind because her car had been broke into and since then when she would get home she'd start receiving calls from the person that broke into her car, so I seriously hope that portland PD is seriously involved in the matter!!!"
• No known drug ties or records. Krista from the looks of things is a girl next door innocent type
• Krista has roommates at her home in Portsmouth, ME

AREA

• Concord NH as well as Portsmouth Maine and towns in between are considered safe places. Locals in these areas leave keys in running cars when going into stores and most don't lock house doors at night.
• The car was found by a passer-by in a parking lot of the Cranmore Mountain recreational facility in North Conway, New Hampshire. This is off the beaten path and away from a main road.
• Nearby pond was drained by police
• Police are accepting volunteers for a large area search scheduled for 4.27.11
• Dittmeyer does have acquaintances that live in Conway.
• Ski resort parking lot lies just beyond residential upscale neighborhood
• Being there are not many high profile crimes like this in Southern NH the case has a ton of support from police. From my perspective it seems like they are doing a great job. Southern NH people are known to be very quick, sharp minded and motivated individuals.
• Many people live in Portsmouth, ME and travel to and from NH or vice versa. We think nothing of driving an hour in the North East and many commute at least that far for jobs.

Observations

• Hazards being on in the car is very strange. I would have to summize they were left on to help passer-bys notice the car. The car being found at 6:30 am with police suspecting it was there a few hours before finding it puts it there at roughly 2am-4:30am.

• The second car was seized very quickly in the investigation.

• Did Krista have anything to do with her Ex-BF being incarcerated? Is it possible payback?

Theory

The following is the only theory I can come up with that makes sense to me knowing the area and types of people. I don't like this theory because I want so very badly for this beautiful young lady to be found alive

My theory is that something went amiss in the town of Conway while Krista was visiting friends or acquaintances (most likely that later) on Friday night (party night for the young). I theorize there might have been an accidental death situation during a fight or rape where Krista may have been killed and there is a cover up happening. I believe the baby was considered and protected by the suspects. Krista's car was then dumped out at the ski resort, with the door left ajar for fresh air and the car left running for heat, and the flashers left on so someone would find the baby. All 3 of those things I believe were for the wellbeing of the baby. The remote location was chosen to throw off any upcoming investigations in the search for Krista. The second car seized was most likely seen or caught on security footage following Krista's car late at night (most likely by a cop, 2 cars at 2am driving out of small town is something that would be remembered). Being a small town most of the local PD probably know the kids and cars of Conway. I’m guessing the police know more than they are letting on and arrests will be made soon.

Perhaps a fight or argument through an open car window went bad. That would explain the blood in the car. I would be looking for an acquaintance of the ex-BF, perhaps a new girlfriend of his, or a relative (mother, sister). Or a friend of his if Krista had anything to do with him going to jail. It would explain why the baby was so well cared for being his and all. Honestly if a person just killed Krista why would they think to leave the door ajar so the child would have fresh air? That doesn't seem like a man's thinking it seems like a woman's. The blood in the car could be from a conversation through a window and a couple of thrown punches.

I pray hourly for Krista. May I be wrong and may she come home and celebrate life and her freedom with her family and beautiful baby girl.

Excellent summary. A couple of things I noticed though.

The time of the call. Media in most places say she talked with family at 8 pm. However when the mother gave an interview she said it was more like 10/10:30

There is mention from a mother of a friend that Krista's car was broken into previously, and that she was afraid of someone.

Also LE has admitted that the roommates knew what time Krista left the home, but LE has declined to release that info.

I think it was noted that that specific ski resort had shut down in March

Baby's father in jail but not ruled out as a suspect in Dittmeyer disappearance
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/featured/story/dittmeyer-press-conference-tuesday

snip
The father of Krista Dittmeyer’s baby has not been ruled out as a suspect in her disappearance, but police know he wasn’t in Conway. He is currently serving a four-year prison sentence in Maine for selling drugs.

Police were unwilling to comment on whether Dittmeyer’s disappearance is drug-related.

ubm

So, which is it? "18 months" or "four-years"? :crazy:

"According the the Cumberland County Sheriff's Department, 26 year-old Kyle Acker of Portland is serving an eighteen month prison sentence.

LOL I was thinking is motive is Krista knows to much:waitasec:[/prequote]

Yes, I agree. So he received 4 years for dealing drugs. Does anyone know if that is a typical sentence and what the amount of drugs he sold was? Seems to me it must be significant to get a sentence like that. I wonder if he has any priors. I also wonder how he got caught and his family's relationship with Krista.

Reading this article it says he is serving an 18 month sentence.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/157203/314/Father-of-Dittmeyers-baby-serving-prison-sentence

I just caught the other article that says 4 years.

Anybody know if/how to check inmates info there?

ubm

So, which is it? "18 months" or "four-years"? :crazy:

"According the the Cumberland County Sheriff's Department, 26 year-old Kyle Acker of Portland is serving an eighteen month prison sentence.

That's a big discrepancy-- I wonder if he got some time tacked on for behavior while in prison? Possible, I guess.

I wonder if Attitash was still open. I know a lot of people who are seasonal workers at ski resorts and last week was when most of their seasons ended. Then it is party time for another week or so before they all head home or to their seasonal beach jobs.

I think it is odd in the newspaper stories how Krista's family says they haven't heard from any of her Conway friends. That seems rather suspicious to me and makes me think there is a lot the authorities aren't telling.

And LE claims no cameras working..IIRC, it re-opens in late spring for some kind of activities?

The time of the call. Media in most places say she talked with family at 8 pm. However when the mother gave an interview she said it was more like 10/10:30

There is mention from a mother of a friend that Krista's car was broken into previously, and that she was afraid of someone.

Also LE has admitted that the roommates knew what time Krista left the home, but LE has declined to release that info.

No known drug ties or records. Krista from the looks of things is a girl next door innocent type

We also now know this isn't exactly accurate.

And LE claims no cameras working..IIRC, it re-opens in late spring for some kind of activities?

I just checked Cranmore's website and it appears they closed for the ski season on March 28 and reopen on May 28 for the spring attractions (aeriel park, mountain coaster, etc).

CARS

• Krista's Car found 6:30 am 4/23 Saturday by police- referred by passer-by
• Police suspect car had been there a few hours before being found
• engine was running, door was ajar, hazard lights on
• Krista’s baby found in back seat healthy and now with family
• Unknown who drove car to where it was found (Krista or suspect)
• A second car was searched and seized with warrant by police in town of Conway (Conway village).
• Evidence is being processed from a second location (fore mentioned car I believe) in town of Conway.
• Rumored: Krista’s purse, cell and wallet found in Krista's car

KRISTA

• Police treating case as abduction/crime
• Evidence suggests Krista was forced against her will
• Blood evidence believed to be in Krista's car
• Krista talked with mother Friday the previous evening at 8pm, all was ok and normal
• Ex boyfriend ruled out as a suspect by police in some articles and some articles are reporting "no comment" responses on ex boyfriend suspicion by family and police.
• Ex-boyfriend was not in area where Krista believed to disappear as he is in jail per twitter posts
• FBI has now joined the case along with local and state police 4/26
• No publicly known suspects at the moment
• From Conway Daily Sun FB page - "My daughter is friends with krista on FB and on the 6th of april she had posted that she was scared out of her mind because her car had been broke into and since then when she would get home she'd start receiving calls from the person that broke into her car, so I seriously hope that portland PD is seriously involved in the matter!!!"
• No known drug ties or records. Krista from the looks of things is a girl next door innocent type
• Krista has roommates at her home in Portsmouth, ME

AREA

• Concord NH as well as Portsmouth Maine and towns in between are considered safe places. Locals in these areas leave keys in running cars when going into stores and most don't lock house doors at night.
• The car was found by a passer-by in a parking lot of the Cranmore Mountain recreational facility in North Conway, New Hampshire. This is off the beaten path and away from a main road.
• Nearby pond was drained by police
• Police are accepting volunteers for a large area search scheduled for 4.27.11
• Dittmeyer does have acquaintances that live in Conway.
• Ski resort parking lot lies just beyond residential upscale neighborhood
• Being there are not many high profile crimes like this in Southern NH the case has a ton of support from police. From my perspective it seems like they are doing a great job. Southern NH people are known to be very quick, sharp minded and motivated individuals.
• Many people live in Portsmouth, ME and travel to and from NH or vice versa. We think nothing of driving an hour in the North East and many commute at least that far for jobs.

Observations

• Hazards being on in the car is very strange. I would have to summize they were left on to help passer-bys notice the car. The car being found at 6:30 am with police suspecting it was there a few hours before finding it puts it there at roughly 2am-4:30am.

• The second car was seized very quickly in the investigation.

• Did Krista have anything to do with her Ex-BF being incarcerated? Is it possible payback?

Theory

The following is the only theory I can come up with that makes sense to me knowing the area and types of people. I don't like this theory because I want so very badly for this beautiful young lady to be found alive

My theory is that something went amiss in the town of Conway while Krista was visiting friends or acquaintances (most likely that later) on Friday night (party night for the young). I theorize there might have been an accidental death situation during a fight or rape where Krista may have been killed and there is a cover up happening. I believe the baby was considered and protected by the suspects. Krista's car was then dumped out at the ski resort, with the door left ajar for fresh air and the car left running for heat, and the flashers left on so someone would find the baby. All 3 of those things I believe were for the wellbeing of the baby. The remote location was chosen to throw off any upcoming investigations in the search for Krista. The second car seized was most likely seen or caught on security footage following Krista's car late at night (most likely by a cop, 2 cars at 2am driving out of small town is something that would be remembered). Being a small town most of the local PD probably know the kids and cars of Conway. I’m guessing the police know more than they are letting on and arrests will be made soon.

Perhaps a fight or argument through an open car window went bad. That would explain the blood in the car. I would be looking for an acquaintance of the ex-BF, perhaps a new girlfriend of his, or a relative (mother, sister). Or a friend of his if Krista had anything to do with him going to jail. It would explain why the baby was so well cared for being his and all. Honestly if a person just killed Krista why would they think to leave the door ajar so the child would have fresh air? That doesn't seem like a man's thinking it seems like a woman's. The blood in the car could be from a conversation through a window and a couple of thrown punches.

I pray hourly for Krista. May I be wrong and may she come home and celebrate life and her freedom with her family and beautiful baby girl.

Not trying to be picky, but i just wanted to point out that Portsmouth is here in NH, not in ME.
Krista is from PORTLAND, ME, not Portsmouth.
:) That's all...
:seeya:

BTW Jobu Welcome to WS.

And that really was an excellent post. Even better that it was your first post. The comments after you just have to get used to. They aren't criticisms. But we can be a very "stickler" for details bunch.

LOL I get 'reminded' of errors and details all the time. But it helps keep the thread straight, keeps it from going off in incorrect tangents.

I am wondering why she had her tiny baby with her at that time if she was going out on a Friday night? She had room mates who were home that evening.

I also am curious how she got along with the other child's mother, who apparently lived in Conroy. She had some sort of relationship as she picked the girl up there one time at least. Did they exchange babysitting duties. That might explain why the child was with her that night. And also why she was not harmed.

I am wondering why she had her tiny baby with her at that time if she was going out on a Friday night? She had room mates who were home that evening.

I also am curious how she got along with the other child's mother, who apparently lived in Conroy. She had some sort of relationship as she picked the girl up there one time at least. Did they exchange babysitting duties. That might explain why the child was with her that night. And also why she was not harmed.

Wasn't the Conroy post in 2010? A lot has changed in her relationship with that child's father... Idk, seems like that bridge would naturally burn. jmo

I wondered that too. Between the hours of 10 and 6:30 am. Getting a baby up and taking her out in cold weather.

I thought maybe someone called her about illness or said they had a need for assistance. Like someone sick, could you babysit, babysitter ill, could you babysit or so and so seriously ill and wants to see the baby. Could have been an offer of money (child support?) I guess, but not sure if anyone would get up at that time of night. A complaint of severe emotional distress from a friend?

We also don't know if Conway was her destination or if she was taken there involuntarily. Like she left to go get diapers, but didn't come back.

Wasn't the Conroy post in 2010? A lot has changed in her relationship with that child's father... Idk, seems like that bridge would naturally burn. jmo

The thing is, we really don't know who is in Conway. We know the other daughter's mother lived there last year. But we don't know if she had other friends there.

And even though she may have broken with the baby Daddy, she may have tried to preserve that other sib relationship for her baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph