GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No earbuds for me, my daughter must have taken them again. :banghead: the others are probably rigt though, the sound on my ipad is terrible.

An afternoon press conference on the case has been cancelled and all inquiries referred to the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office.

CONWAY, N.H. (AP) _ New Hampshire investigators have cancelled an afternoon press conference on a missing Maine woman and are referring all inquiries to the Attorney General's Office.

Assistant Attorney General Jane Young, who is in charge of the investigation, did not immediately return calls for comment. Young is one of the office's homicide prosecutors.

http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ctl/ViewItem/mid/3478/ItemId/16158/Default.aspx

Have never heard of AG doing this have we? This is odd. Is it because it is over 2 states? Like saying taken from Maine to NH?

Just an FYI Peter Odom who is often a guest on NG is a former NH Assistant Attny General. I would imagine that he will be on her show tonight to explain how NH law works. We are a quirkly bunch up here.

Aimee - I wondered if that was why the FBI was called in, rather than the whole "manpower" issue. If they simply needed more officers, why not just call the State for more??

My original thought when this started was Maine...based upon back roads and where they found her. :twocents:

I have no doubt that this started in Maine at or near her home. My gut tells me that crimes were committed in both NH and Maine in this case. Not to mention taking a child across state lines if that is the case.

Kidnapping isn't necessarily a federal offense unless it is interstate or international. If they believed that a crime had been committed in both NH and Maine, that would be grounds for calling in feds.

Search for Krista: At Cranmore Mountain... active scene in the search for Krista Dittmeyer... Police are draining a second pond... Krista's mom tells me they are staying hopeful...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Karen-Anderson/135798698854

WBZ reporter

eta: not sure if she means two ponds currently today or if she is referring to the murky pond that was previously drained

That area of the state has close ties with Maine. Fryeburg ME is just over the border, and it's quicker and easier to get to Portland than to Boston. Lots of travel back and forth.

But for prosecution, they'd have to figure out which side of the state line each crime was committed in, and prosecute that in the area where it happened. So if she was kidnapped from her apartment, that would be prosecuted in Maine, but they could file child endangerment charges in NH. Just sticking with known things that have already happened.

That area of the state has close ties with Maine. Fryeburg ME is just over the border, and it's quicker and easier to get to Portland than to Boston. Lots of travel back and forth.

But for prosecution, they'd have to figure out which side of the state line each crime was committed in, and prosecute that in the area where it happened. So if she was kidnapped from her apartment, that would be prosecuted in Maine, but they could file child endangerment charges in NH. Just sticking with known things that have already happened.

But if they believe that the kidnapping of both mother and child (or either or) occurred in Maine and they ended up in NH, I am pretty sure that's considered a federal crime and the charges and conviction would be more hard core.

I wonder if those are just rumors spreading around. Maybe they found some evidence and thats it right now. The fact that the canceled the pc has me baffled, but since the turned it over to Attorney General's Office makes me wonder if the evidence is pointing to homicide. Because would there be another reason?

Ive been gone most of the day, so I might just be now catching on to what you guys have seen earlier in the day.

When they hand a case over to AG like this does that mean the investigation is over and we should expect suspects soon? Or does AG have its own investigation force?

But if they believe that the kidnapping of both mother and child (or either or) occurred in Maine and they ended up in NH, I am pretty sure that's considered a federal crime and the charges and conviction would be more hard core.

Yes, the Federal charges would be in addition to any state charges.

Waiting for a link but sounds like she has been found deceased :(

The media briefing scheduled for Wednesday afternoon in connection with the Krista Dittmeyer case has been canceled.
Conway police said they will not be releasing any information about the case and that all inquiries should be made to the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office.

http://www.wmtw.com/r/27689529/detail.html

short video here

What if the crime happened in Fryeburg? Still across state lines. It didn't have to be Portland.

Still, when I think about it, why kill her elsewhere and leave her car, child and body in the same place? No professional if that is the case because it would have been far smarter to put her body somewhere separate from the vehicle. Additionally, why wander off 1/4 mile in the dark and cold to pee, especially with your young child in the car? Neither scenario makes sense to me.

Any word on any unidentified bodies found or unusual LE activity in that area of Maine or the area of NH. Do we have scanners in those areas?

I too am puzzled by this turn of events.

ETA the presser being cancelled with such a limited explanation

Yes. The Sun Journal has posted that message a couple of different places. It has not been verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquín Tórrez