GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #2

Is Buffalo Wild Wings like Hooters? Krista worked there.

My middle girl works at Hooters and I always worry about her and the customers. She had one follow her home one night. Right now she doesn't work due to having placenta previa and pregnant. But still I know from past I don't care for her working at Hooters.

me either. Also the blood in her car. She couldn't really shoot herself then move herself to the pond? Or hurt herself and get to the pond without leaving a blood trail?

I think it is def someone she knew and knew the baby.

I can think of a couple of possibilities -- the rain could well have washed away a trail, for instance -- but I don't really want to get into that kind of speculation. I'll wait for the autopsy results.

Correct me if I am wrong---did they say in the PC that their is no safety concerns for the community after finding her? What would make them make that statement. If it was some random killing I would think the community should be concerned that there could be a killer amongst them. LE might know more than obviously letting on---and I am still stuck on the second car that was seized for investigation.

Good points. In other investigations it usually meant that LE had an idea who did it and what the motive was. Meaning there wasn't any need for the public to fear because the only person who had to fear was dead.

The second car bothers me too. We still don't know how the second car was brought into the investigation. One thing I noticed was in the presser, a reporter asked something about the second car. I got the impression that maybe it was seen at the scene, but that is just my opinion.

Is it just me, or does this sound like a crime of "purpose" rather than of a sexual nature?

Seems a sexually driven murder would have her being removed farther away from her vehicle.

1/4 mile? This seems like the perp's main intent was to murder her as quickly as possible and flee the scene as quickly as possible. To me, that seems to point more to something along the lines of retribution or "silencing" her. ???

Typically, but easily could have been rape and murder. Wasn't the Calif. case with John Albert Gardner III, convicted sex offender's crimes committed within close proximity?

A reporter asked if there was any more info on the second car that was seen. Answer was basically no comment.

Sorry to quote my own post, but I wanted the exact wording of what I heard.

He said "was seen" IIRC. It was the first I had heard of a car being seen. Which brings up another interesting possibility, if the car was seen there must have been a witness.

How did they come to locate the vehicle so quickly? Did someone take down a license number or follow it leaving the scene?

Good points. In other investigations it usually meant that LE had an idea who did it and what the motive was. Meaning there wasn't any need for the public to fear because the only person who had to fear was dead.

The second car bothers me too. We still don't know how the second car was brought into the investigation. One thing I noticed was in the presser, a reporter asked something about the second car. I got the impression that maybe it was seen at the scene, but that is just my opinion.

This second car had to come from somewhere and it was seized ( I think) within a few days. Now what would would make them seize it? Did someone report it in the area looking suspicious? Able to get tag numbers and report it. Was there any damage to her car that would lead LE to think she was run or bumped off the road and they find a car with damage that would cause that to her car--again I am speculating myself but there has to be SOME reason another car was seized by police and I want to know what led them to that car

Typically, but easily could have been rape and murder. Wasn't the Calif. case with John Albert Gardner III, convicted sex offender's crimes committed within close proximity?

Gardner abducted Amber Dubois walking to school and drove her around 30 miles away to rape and kill her. However, I think he raped and killed Chelsea King very near where he abducted her while she was jogging.

Imo, it's too early to tell if this was a crime of opportunity, a meeting gone bad, a stalker/murder situation....Hoping the autopsy results, crime scene evidence, and any circumstantial evidence is pieced together quickly and there is swift justice for Krista.

P.s. Do we know the blood in the car is Krista's? If there was a struggle in the car, hopefully the perp left behind some DNA...

My bad, I meant Portland, Maine! <thanks!>

Ah, okay -- lots of people in New England come from other places, so I thought it was possible she moved from coast to coast and I had just missed it.

And yes, I think it's more than possible that somebody followed her from Portland.

I mean, one of the biggest things I can't figure is that there are apparently 2 driverless cars in play, Krista's and the other one that was impounded. The killer could have followed her from Portland and abandoned the car -- but then how did he get out of North Conway? It's not exactly Grand Central Station!

I did hear that the she was identified instantly, which leads me to believe there may not have been too much harm to the body. I dunno my opinion only. Someone said that they had a feeling this is a crime of purpose..not sexually--I tend to agree with that. Guess we will know with the autopsy results tomorrow

Ah, okay -- lots of people in New England come from other places, so I thought it was possible she moved from coast to coast and I had just missed it.

And yes, I think it's more than possible that somebody followed her from Portland.

I mean, one of the biggest things I can't figure is that there are apparently 2 driverless cars in play, Krista's and the other one that was impounded.
The killer could have followed her from Portland and abandoned the car -- but then how did he get out of North Conway? It's not exactly Grand Central Station!

Right, 2 abandoned vehicles if they are related? I think she was followed. I hope we get more information from LE. Was it confirmed whether Krista's car had mechanical problems and she pulled over? That has also crossed my mind. Krista gets out, asks someone to "help" her - then she is abducted.

D*mitall - I was really hoping for a post-partum thing where she walked away from the car, and left the baby in the car with the flashers. Now I don't know what to think.

Prayers and blessings to the family.

MOO

Mel

Or maybe Krista drove to Conway to party that night, OD'd, and her friends hid her body in the pond rather than call 911 and possibly get caught with drugs. If boyfriend was dealer, makes sense that the friends would have drug involvement also, and Krista may well have liked to party from time to time, though she certainly didn't appear to be a hard core user. Makes sense that the friends would have tried to make sure the baby would be ok and would put the flashers on so she'd be found.

Or maybe Krista drove to Conway to party that night, OD'd, and her friends hid her body in the pond rather than call 911 and possibly get caught with drugs. If boyfriend was dealer, makes sense that the friends would have drug involvement also, and Krista may well have liked to party from time to time, though she certainly didn't appear to be a hard core user. Makes sense that the friends would have tried to make sure the baby would be ok and would put the flashers on so she'd be found.

LE found blood in the car. Nose bleed? Suicide? Or blunt force trauma?

LE found blood in the car. Nose bleed? Suicide? Or blunt force trauma?

LE said very early on that they didn't believe she left the vehicle voluntarily. And this is not an LE that publicizes guesses. Everything they have said, it was after they had gotten evidence to back it up. It was probably because of the blood evidence. I don't believe it was suicide, car accident or car trouble, because I believe she was sitting in that car when she was first injured. But that is just my opinion.

Right, 2 abandoned vehicles if they are related? I think she was followed. I hope we get more information from LE. Was it confirmed whether Krista's car had mechanical problems and she pulled over? That has also crossed my mind. Krista gets out, asks someone to "help" her - then she is abducted.

The second car is mysterious; I too hope more is released soon. Right now, I tend to think it's unrelated and just happened to be abandoned there. Whether this was a crime of passion, opportunity, or purpose, doesn't make any sense for the perp and/or accomplices to leave a car unless he/she/they had the astronomical misfortune of having the car break down during the commission of a murder.

Far-fetched, but if the car is related and it is still operational, I can think of one reason it was left there. If this was a crime of purpose and it involved framing someone, it would make sense to leave a car connected to that someone at the scene. If the car is later somehow connected to someone who is also somehow connected to the child, LE will either have a strong suspect or a frame-up trail to follow.

Anxious to have some facts to work with soon, but fully support LE if they have a solid theory and need to withhold public information so as not to jeopardize their investigation/case. Praying Krista sees justice in the very near future...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back